Home
I have an old jeep to run errands in. It has new motor. I have a 2018 Dodge 2500, 24,000 miles. If I don’t wreck it or have it stolen, will take me out I think. I’m 69, don’t see buying another. I had a 2004 dodge, gave it to grandson last week. We go most places in Wifeys vehicle.
That depends upon the availability of replacement parts. I’d drive forever with what I have if I could.
Originally Posted by hanco
I have an old jeep to run errands in. It has new motor. I have a 2018 Dodge 2500, 24,000 miles. If I don’t wreck it or have it stolen, will take me out I think. I’m 69, don’t see buying another. I had a 2004 dodge, gave it to grandson last week. We go most places in Wifeys vehicle.

Currently.........can I count my '18 Kawi SxS ?

'01 'Yoda Land Cruiser w/339K

'02 Chebby HD crew gasser w/137K

'03 Lexus LX (Land Cruiser.)..w/204K

'11 Lexus GX 460 w/117K

New vehicle prices are just plain nuts

I have no plans on buying anything new

The ones I own here will most likely out live me

pic.'03 Lexus (and '76 FJ')

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm hoping to get either a B M W 840i cross drive or a B M W 850i cross drive.
Originally Posted by Ringman

U must be fuggin rich..........

https://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/8-series/gran-coupe/core-models.html
I have a 2006 Ranger that was bought new December 27, 2005. I have a 2014 4Runner that was bought new July 7th, 2014. I have a daily driver 2018 Camry that I bought used May 10,2020.

When I retire in 2 years or less, I’ll trade the Camry for a new one and keep the other 2.

Or maybe, just maybe……I’ll buy a new Camry XSE next year, hide it in a garage and keep driving the old one…..maybe.
Hanco: The VarmintWife and I have 6 (six) vehicles (not counting our motorcycle) - they are all paid for and certainly should last me the rest of my life.
So I think I probably won't be buying anymore vehicles - certainly not a "new" vehicle.
If another extra cool "hobby car" came along at a good price I might treat myself though.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I've got somebody really hot on my 86 square body Chevy K10 & I've been looking to upgrade or change my entire vehicle situation. It's a damn tough market for sure.

Just the subject of this thread is kind of the goal; sell this, that, all, regroup, buy 2 more & be done. Tough decisions. Pricey decisions. I'm one of the happiest retired MF'rs here, but didn't retire financially perfect. So conundrums do come up.

My picky assed taste interfere as well.
I'm 71, figure I'm on my last one and I'm good with that since my most wonderful lady passed a couple of years ago. Already out lived both parents by several years.
Originally Posted by Virginian2
I'm 71, figure I'm on my last one and I'm good with that since my most wonderful lady passed a couple of years ago. Already out lived both parents by several years.

sorry for your loss V2.......

Life goes on

Stay strong !
Originally Posted by Virginian2

I’m very sorry for your loss, hope I go before wifey!
2015 Tundra, just over 100K should do me truck wise unless I can find a'82-'83 Toyota 4X4 for a project with a 22R engine, for the better gas mileage and lighter weight on my field roads.

Just got a '19 Camry with 12K, so that one will see me out if it don't get hit. Wife has a '07 Sienna with 250K+. May trade for a Highlander if her health stays good, that should last us.
None.
Probably 1 more... some time in the future. When I hit 150,000 miles on my 2016, I think I will be looking for something new at that time.

Not sure if I will move down to a SUV or not to replace my pickup.

Have no plans to up grade to an electric vehicle in my life time.
Well, at 72, I don't PLAN on buying another vehicle!
I took my trusty 2011 Camry to the body shop today to get it repaired from where my wife backed into it. It's got 68K miles on it, runs and drives like new. My 2005 V6, 5 speed, long bed F-150 has 76K on it,..runs and drives good. I've got a 2010 Acura TL that I bought off my brother because he was trading it in and they weren't offering him much for it, so I bought it for the trade in price. It's my "toy" car. I spent some money on it getting it in perfect condition. It's got 100K on it, runs and drives like new. My wife has a 2021 Acura RDX twin turbo, AWD. She loves it. I can take it or leave it.

I'll never buy another vehicle. I've been driving the TL since my wife crunched my Camry. The TL is fun to drive,...it's got a lot of low end torque and makes 280 HP. But I'm going to be happy to get my old Camry back. It's just a basic, 11 year old Camry. But its very comfortable and easy to drive.
I am 51 and my 1997 F150 is close to 400k on it ,so at least on more I suppose............
One.

I have an '01 GMC K2500 HD that will carry the camper and pull the boat, or pull the 26 foot RV trailer. With 130K on the clock, it will outlast me.

There's an equally old/new Honda Accord in the garage for any incidentals after I am done commuting.

But Momma's 05 Durango will need to be replaced. It had 260K on the odometer, last time I saw it, about three months ago. Probably at least another 10K by now.

Our youngest daughter borrowed it for while her Explorer was in the shop for warranty work. Three months later, Ford still does not have the needed parts. Transmission issues.

Dealer has called asking them to get the Explorer out of their shop. It is taking up room. Daughter tells them Fix it and I will drive it home.

The Durango actually drives quite well. But the transmission is just starting to feel a bit like accelerating via a rubber band. That 5.7 performs flawlessly. But I will not pay for a new tranny on a rig approaching 300K.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

U must be fuggin rich..........

https://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/8-series/gran-coupe/core-models.html

When my silver gets to $250 I will have enough to afford one. I am a 77 year old teenager who is tired of used pickups. I want a two seater sports car.
My 2013 Crosstrek has higher 38K miles. I suspect this is my last vehicle. I bike far more than I drive.
Wife and I are 61 and have 100-200k on our vehicles. I have no desire to ever buy another, however as we head into retirement, I see us buying something newer to last us the rest of our days. I'll put it off as long as I can...
One,

I’m driving a 290,000 mile Corolla until it dies, keeping the miles off and saving gas on my 60,000 mile Frontier. I put about 10,000 miles/year on each.

Based on past experience prob’ly another four-five years on the Corolla and I’ll replace it with something similar to run around town.
I roll about 25-30,000 a year and my current work commute car has about 230k on it. It's getting pretty tired, so definitely a couple more in my future.
Zero!!!!
Hope not to have to buy any more, we drive maybe 120 miles a month between her car (2017) and my truck (2006).
Probably no more! I’m near 70, and have a Ram diesel and a Toyota 4 Runner. Those should last until I quit driving in my late 90’s! 😉 memtb
We just bought a new Audi Q7 for my wife. I have a 2016 Tundra with 70k that only sees use when a truck is needed. I really don't see replacing it unless something interests me. The 2017 Porsche has 25k and I drive it pretty often but really don't see replacing it. I have my two older (50+ years) cars that I also drive when the weather is nice. So the miles get spread a fair bit. In Idaho I have a 1999 F150 and a 2006 Suburban (both around 110K miles) that really only see summer use so no up here.
I'll probably be buying several more. I, hopefully, still have a lot of life to live.
52, is love to last 30 more good years and not to have to waste money
on another car. Alas, I live in the Rust Belt.

Rusty old factories, nice looking 8-10 year old vehicles at Wal-Mart with
no rocker panels, holes through the PU beds.

You don't see the 300-400k vehicles here that guys mention on the 'fire.

So, with any luck, I'll go through a bunch more.
Bought older, ran to the dump and then replaced.

From 2007 until 2020 I killed 3.
Subaru's
92-96, total for the bunch was around $6500.
Rarely changed to oil, new tires on 2, around $1k in repairs over
the whole deal.

Shame to spend that much and have nothing to show for it now!

Love machines, love cars.
Not worth the $$$
I am currently 78. We own an F150 4WD (2008) and an all wheel drive 2017 Ford Escape. Both in pretty good condition. Maybe none, maybe one.
A lot more....I like cars, trucks, MC's, quads etc.
currently:
2022 Tacoma off road crew cab / long bed 6000 miles
2007 GMC 2500 HD crew cab DuraMax 32,000 miles
1982 CJ7 nobody knows ? odometer says 22,000 but I'm sure it was changed or spun a couple of times
2008 Porsche Carrera 4S 38,000 miles
I'm 44 so unless I die sooner rather than later I will need a couple more work pickups.

Still driving my much loved 2003 F350 with about 180k miles. That and an '11(100k) and '15(170k) F350's. They will also wear out and we'll need to replace them in a couple years.

My wife works from home and we never travel, her 2011 Explorer is up to 30k miles. She's might not need another vehicle....lol

And to be honest I'm more into nice, older, low hour MFWD loader tractors, and I'd like to get a new 700 Grizzly(atv) sometime in the next couple years.

Pickups are easy, good tractors are tougher to sniff out.
never another new one.
We own two 2018 Toyotas (RAV4 and Tacoma). Both are paid for and have very low kms.

Being in our 60s, I could see us using one of both of these vehicles for a very long time.
Hard to say, it all depends on-------.
got to fix the Toyota, and the f-cking 2015 Mercedes is throwing a code and going into limp mode, only 80000 miles on it. my 97 Cummins is still in the shop getting the motor rebuilt because I've kept wanting more stuff done to it. So just driving the old 04 chevy pickup.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
never another new one.

Yep! Last new vehicle we bought was an '89 Toyota Corolla full-time 4WD in 1989, at the end of the model year, at the discounted price (due to both paying cash and it not selling) of $11,500. It went 190,000 with basically zero problems before we traded it in on a 2000 Tacoma 4WD with 44,000 miles on it in 2004. Still driving the Tacoma with 238,000 miles on it. Runs great, and hope to never have to replace it....

The other pickup we bought the same year was a 2000 F350 with 66,000 on it. Still driving it too, and because we only put on 6000-8000 miles a year, hope to never replace it either.
Just passed 69 and am guessing I bought 40-45 new vehicles in my life. I would guess if I live to my mid 80’s I’ll end up buying another 7-10.
I ordered a Cadillac CT5V Blackwing 10 months ago and still waiting on it.
I don't like where the new technology is going, too many bells and whistles, I'll keep my ute (Isuzu) going as long as possible.
My wife and I are about to turn 80. I've got way more road behind me than I've got ahead of me. I figure my 18 Taco will take me home, it only has 29,000 miles on it. My wife wants a new Lexis and I say why not. I'm by no means packing in, I plan to hunt a bull elk again this fall. Sure would be nice if I can find one close to a road though even then I'll need lots of help.
Originally Posted by super T
My wife and I are about to turn 80. I've got way more road behind me than I've got ahead of me. I figure my 18 Taco will take me home, it only has 29,000 miles on it. My wife wants a new Lexis and I say why not. I'm by no means packing in, I plan to hunt a bull elk again this fall. Sure would be nice if I can find one close to a road though even then I'll need lots of help.

Good on you. My dad was driving up until the last few weeks of his life. Passed at 83 only due to the big C.

I’m 62, and there are definitely a few more in my life…
I've got a new diesel suburban on order. I'll be lucky to see it this year. I'd also like a hybrid sedan but I hate the super wide center consoles that bang into your knee that they all seem to have. I had a Honda accord exl that id ordered show up about January but I could stand driving with my knees together. The downside to all the affirmative action female interior designers according to my friend at gm is that all vehicles now are designed for the comfort of short women.

They say men will only buy trucks and suvs now but I'd love a nice sedan with a bench front seat or at least comfortable seats without a foot wide center console. The last sedan I was comfortable driving was a Buick Lucerne. Some of the small cars feel roomier because of the cockpit layout they do these days. Wife wanted an suv a few years ago. I didn't fit in a grand Cherokee but surprisingly fit in a smaller ckerrokee because of the way the center console layed out

Bb
Nada, bupkis, zip.

Got a 16 year-old sedan and a 18 year-old truck, both under 100k. We drive less than 5k a year, and I’m 70.

Do the math.
If I keep buying Crew Cab Diesel Trucks then probably a couple more anyway
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I've got a new diesel suburban on order. I'll be lucky to see it this year. I'd also like a hybrid sedan but I hate the super wide center consoles that bang into your knee that they all seem to have. I had a Honda accord exl that id ordered show up about January but I could stand driving with my knees together. The downside to all the affirmative action female interior designers according to my friend at gm is that all vehicles now are designed for the comfort of short women.

They say men will only buy trucks and suvs now but I'd love a nice sedan with a bench front seat or at least comfortable seats without a foot wide center console. The last sedan I was comfortable driving was a Buick Lucerne. Some of the small cars feel roomier because of the cockpit layout they do these days. Wife wanted an suv a few years ago. I didn't fit in a grand Cherokee but surprisingly fit in a smaller ckerrokee because of the way the center console layed out

Bb
Find a low mileage Crown Vic or Mercury Marquis with the 5.0. Maybe a Lincoln Towncar? Pretty smooth riding sedan with a front bench
Might trade my 2021 in on a 2023.
Fully loaded Jeep Renegade Limited.
Might go Trailhawk next time.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Bb
Find a low mileage Crown Vic or Mercury Marquis with the 5.0. Maybe a Lincoln Towncar? Pretty smooth riding sedan with a front bench

I'd like about a 96 impala ss or about the same year Buick station wagon with wood panels and rumble seats in the back. A few years ago I barely missed a 97 or so Buick station wagon with wood panels, an lt1 350, and 45,000 original miles. The guy said it was his 90 some year old dad's that just passed away and he had a dozen calls or more tge first hour the paper came out. The first guy there bought it.

I missed a mint white 91 Nissan 300 zx twin turbo with 80,000 original miles about that same time. That was my high school dream car, that and a 67 rs ss camaro.

My friend and I took his crown vic to the Portland gunshow and then hit my condo in Newport for a few weeks about a dozen years ago. That thing broke down twice on the trip and left us stranded. Kind of put me off to them but I was traditionally a gm guy even though I'm driving a new f150 these days. I used to swear off all things Mopar too but my 2019 ram truck, 2019 Cherokee trailhawk, and 2021 pacifica hybrid have all been great. My gm loyalty is largely a thing off the past but I am excited to get our new diesel suburban. I hope it works ok because 70k feels like a lot for any vehicle.

Bb
Think I am good, maybe a new one for the wife
Saw a clean XJ, in some burg. If its there this week will stop by.
Clean body I'll rebuild whatever it needs, do a 3" lift and 31s.
I had Rubicon Express and Procomp stuff on my last one.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
One,

I’m driving a 290,000 mile Corolla until it dies, keeping the miles off and saving gas on my 60,000 mile Frontier. I put about 10,000 miles/year on each.

Based on past experience prob’ly another four-five years on the Corolla and I’ll replace it with something similar to run around town.

Smart man. ^^^
How many more ? ? ?

Well, we have 14 now - three of those are 20 years old and 10 of them more than 50 years old. And that number is down from a total of 20 four years ago.

So, one never knows about how many more. I would like to find a really clean/tight 1948 Studebaker Starlight Coupe - green if possible.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Bb

I'd like about a 96 impala ss or about the same year Buick station wagon with wood panels and rumble seats in the back. A few years ago I barely missed a 97 or so Buick station wagon with wood panels, an lt1 350, and 45,000 original miles. The guy said it was his 90 some year old dad's that just passed away and he had a dozen calls or more tge first hour the paper came out. The first guy there bought it.

I missed a mint white 91 Nissan 300 zx twin turbo with 80,000 original miles about that same time. That was my high school dream car, that and a 67 rs ss camaro.

My friend and I took his crown vic to the Portland gunshow and then hit my condo in Newport for a few weeks about a dozen years ago. That thing broke down twice on the trip and left us stranded. Kind of put me off to them but I was traditionally a gm guy even though I'm driving a new f150 these days. I used to swear off all things Mopar too but my 2019 ram truck, 2019 Cherokee trailhawk, and 2021 pacifica hybrid have all been great. My gm loyalty is largely a thing off the past but I am excited to get our new diesel suburban. I hope it works ok because 70k feels like a lot for any vehicle.

Bb
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The way I drive, probably another 12-15.

Gotta buy the wife a new one, her 2013 is knocking on 220K and is hitting that repair cost vector that starts to not make sense.

The older daughter needs some help getting a new used. Proabaly go halfsies on it? I don't know. She is pretty tight with her money.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'll probably be buying several more. I, hopefully, still have a lot of life to live.

Favorite post on this thread.
We have a 2007 Ram 3500, a 2019 Mazda CX 5 and a 2016 VW Golf R. The pickup we will keep forever. It has 106,000 miles on it. The other two are fungible. The Mazda is practical, the Golf R is fun. It is my project car that I've put on the track once and hope to do so again next year - with a few new upgrades.
Don't think I'm buying anymore, after buying the last one. 2021 Jeep gladiator 6000 miles. Too much electronic stuff , and plastic in these new ones, for the price they want..

I'm 63. Wife has a 2007 4runner with 118k. She also has a 2016 4runner with 4500 miles.

Have a 2009 dodge 1ton with 59000 miles. Pulls a camper 2000 miles a year. Doesn't go anywhere else.

They are all paid for, so I think I'm good, unless one gets crunched. All of them bought used.
The Jeep and 2016 4runner were from folks underwater on leases.
I have an 03 Dodge deiesel for pulling the boat. Wife has a 4runner that has 130k so maybe another for her. I'm retiring at the end of the year so my mileage will drop quite a bit and the truck will last me a long time. I'm 66 and she is 68 so shouldn't need but one more for her.
Just sold my 2000 f250 yesterday. Have a 2002 Sierra that has 230k plus on it. Keep thinking I should ditch it and get something with under 100k miles. Last few years I’ve done brakes, hubs, transmission, catalytic conv was busted and clogged, shift cable……she’s given up a lot of goody.

Prices are retarded.

Anyway, a few more I’m sure.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Just sold my 2000 f250 yesterday. Have a 2002 Sierra that has 230k plus on it. Keep thinking I should ditch it and get something with under 100k miles. Last few years I’ve done brakes, hubs, transmission, catalytic conv was busted and clogged, shift cable……she’s given up a lot of goody.

Prices are retarded.

Anyway, a few more I’m sure.
That ‘02 is likely as good as any new one. Drive that bitch.
I have two 2002 Toyota Tundras.Both are V-8's.One is a 4x4 with 146,000 miles the other is a 4x2 with 213,000 miles.Both the trucks are in great shape.At 65yrs old and retired,I only drive about 4,000 miles a year.I don't want a new truck,I'm very happy with the ones I have.
2 more maybe 3
Originally Posted by wyoming260
I am 51 and my 1997 F150 is close to 400k on it ,so at least on more I suppose............

Are you still running the same transmission ?
My oldies on and below the rack.

I am 71 and would get no status from buying a nicer car.... but I did scrub off some of the green stuff [Seattle mold grows on cars]
Probably one more run around the state car, and another massive pickup.
That looks like what the Pontiac G8 could have been. It's sort of a sleeker four door GTO.
Zero...
15 here... Probably sell about half of those in next year or two...

I have flipped a lot of cars and trucks over the years...

Used prices are nuts and I expect them to get far more nutty... Supply/Demand 101 economics.
How man more... per the OP question...

I am always on the hunt for certain trucks...

Cummins 12v under $4k... 22R Tacos under $1k, Trooper MANUALS under $2k...

I used to hunt Land Cruisers, but that market is just crazy anymore.
I will likely continue to buy a new truck every 5 years or 70-100k miles until I die. I’m pushing on 60 so likely about 4/5 more trucks.
I used to drive full sized SUVs and they worked great for my use but after driving this crew cab 1/2 ton pickup for 4 years I am sold on pickups. I dont see a 3/4 ton in my future unless I start towing something heavy which I doubt.
I’m 62 and have a 21 FourRunner. My previous ride was a 2001 F250 SD with 7.3 power stroke. Had that 20 years and a 91 Bronco for 10 before that. Good chance I’m done.
I drove an 01 suburban from 04 to 2019. I put about 200k on it in that time. Bought a used 14 suburban a couple of years ago and will probably get something smaller when this one wears out. Only drive about 10 k a year. Wifes Buick is 09 and has 110k miles on it
Looking at what some of y’all have, I apparently walked into the rich guys club by mistake. Lol
I pay insurance on 7 vehicles. Down from 9. The wife and I both have vehicles with over 180k whilst the kids all drive new stuff. I keep a vehicle until it’s paid for itself 3 times over. I would still have my first new vehicle if my wife hadn’t of talked me into giving it to her dad . Currently we have my 1994 Toyota pu 4wd with 227k I bought it in 1994. My 2000 Toyota 4Runner 4wd we bought in 2000 new 237k, 2010 F150 180k and the wife’s Honda Odyssey 2010 with 275k. We need a new vehicle bad. But we are currently paying for 3 vehicles for the kids. Soon as they finish college we hope to get something. We are currently forking out $4k a month for school stuff and car payments. I could drive about any car made for $4k a month
I want one more pickup. I want a new Silverado as my last vehicle. The warranty on mine runs out in less than 10,000 miles and I want to trade it for the new one as my last pickup. I certainly hope Chevrolet can continue to put out good pickups, at least until I get mine.

kwg
My 2008 Highlander has barely 100k miles on it, and everyone who works on it says, "That can't be a 2008 - it looks new." Bought 4/1/2014 – 62,800 miles. Yes, I've only driven it 40k in eight years.

I just had everything possible done on it when it rolled 100k, so it ought to be good for another 15 years. Which is just about what I have left since I'm 75 and all my relatives passed away at about 90. If I ever do get another one, it'll be a used 4Runner, probably.
I'll be 78 this year, wife is 75. Just bought a new 2022 Lincoln Aviator, gave my son my old 17Explorer with 52K on it.
Wife drives a 2018 GMC Terrain, has 22K on it, and my summer fun car is a 2010 Jaguar with 52K.
She says she thinks her Terrain is her last car, I'm sure my Lincoln is my last one also. The Jag will hang around until I don't need a fun car to drive with my hair blowing around and the sun in my face.
I bought an extended Warranty with the Lincoln, 8 years, 80K bumper to bumper. I'll be 83 when it expires, hope to see it happen, but chances are it won't.
I'll enjoy both my cars until then.
I'm 69. Just recently bout a '13 jeep Rubicon W/76,000. miles on it.

Have an '04 Tacoma, and a '97 4-Runner.

I think we're set for the rest of our days.

Virgil B.
I'm 66 years old and have a 2017 Ford F-150 with 52,000 miles on it, my truck that I traded was a 1999 Ford F-150 with 285, 000 miles on it.....maybe 1 more truck or maybe not.
I'm 56 and don't plan to ever buy another new vehicle. Wife has a '17 Mustang, I have two Taco's an '07 and a '14, and I have an '01 F250.
I'm 67. Not the greatest health so taking it a day at a time. Just got a 10 Dodge Nitro from youngest son. He took extraordinary care of it so should last me. Only drive 5-7k a year now. My old 96 Ram only has 153k on it but looks rough, runs great. All I need.
I’m 67, I have 3 @ 2500 trucks with25-k to 80-k, years 2011 to 2013, all perfect running conditions, wifey has 2014 Rubicon with 69-k, we talked about this last night, none of the new stuff is any better, but who knows how long you will live, it’s 50 miles to closest Walmart.
I'm 69 and my 2015 Silverado has been a great truck and only has 55K on the odo so I'm thinking it will end up being my last truck. I'm hoping my wife's Camry dies a painful death soon so we can replace that POS, but it just keeps on ticking, my wife likes it, and it only has about 59K on it so I may be stuck looking at that econo box in the driveway the rest of my days.

About the only rig I may replace is my hotrod AC Cobra. Selling it in the next year or two and going to replace it with a 66/67 Nova SS, or 67/68 Camaro, or a 70-72 Chevelle, or whatever close that tickles my fancy at the moment and I can build into a neighborhood nuisance... something of a daily driver so I can drive it more often, unlike the Cobra...

Bob
I am 60 yrs old. And with the high used vehicle prices I sold all my used vehicles and bought new.
2019 Ram 3500, Cummins
2022 Subaru Forrester (wife's car)
2022 Jeep wrangler diesel
The plan is for these to last me the rest of my days if necessary..... but if things go well I might buy a muscle car, I'm thinking a 69 Chevelle SS 396 would be fun.
And I may buy more new vehicles.
Going to start pulling the heads on the Toyota today, pretty sure I have a blown head gasket.
None or maybe one.
Several I’m sure. Wifey needs a new one but we’re waiting til the market cools off a bit and there’s more supply.
I might buy another motorcycle before I'm done. I don't expect to need another truck. I have a 2017 3500 Ram and a 1981 half ton Dodge, both of which are fairly low mileage units. Bought a new car last year. I'm 73 so I shouldn't need too many more. GD
2018 Ram 3500, should last me the rest of my natural days I suppose.

When it does come time for me to clock out for good, I'm gonna be buried in my 2015 Challenger.
I lease Ford F150’s. Sold my 5 liter Mustang last year and an AWD Toyota Matrix the year before. Downsizing.
I'm 74 in August. My 2003 Ram 3500HD coming up on 120K should last me, a long as parts are available. It's in good shape - my mechanic wants to buy it..... smile

Clutches, especially - it's on it's 3rd, but if I can train my wife (she has stick shift theory- she apparently doesn't believe in it much) , not to over rev before shifting up, lug it before shifting down, pop the clutch, rabbit jump at stoplights, stay on the accellerator until almost too late, then hit the brakes, drive it at 80 with the camper on it, etc, it should be good for another decade or two. I likely won't be able to drive at all by then myself.

If I can afford fuel. Last fill up was $200.14 for 33+ gallons, and I didn't even stuff the tank (an extra 5 gal or so).

She drives her auto-trans Espedition much the same way....she needs a sports car, I guess. Why not? She just bought herself a motorcycle!

I'll possibly inherit her Expedition before long, so I should be set.
Hell if I know. I’m 48. I hope it would be at least a dozen yet.

I’ve no desire to drive the same vehicle the rest of my life.

You can even make money buying and selling them if you buy them right.
Probably many to come yet. Just dragged a 116K Arizona 2003 LeSabre home. They seem to survive teenagers.
1 for my wife. maybe 1 for me. Depends on how long we live.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
You can even make money buying and selling them if you buy them right.

FACT!
Hard to say, I hope several. I’m 71.
Went in to order a new Silverado a month ago. Many of the options I want are not available or are on constraint.
At this point, I don’t know if I’ll be getting a 22, or 23, or neither.
Girlfriend and I will each buy at least one more.
I am 57. I have a 2015 Subaru Forester with 80k on it and a 1988 Silverado that I drive about 1,000 miles per year. I plan to replace the Silverado with a new Sierra 1500 crew cab with the 3.0 diesel and see if I can where it out traveling in retirement (not towing any big boats or campers). Will keep the Subaru to drive in the snow and salty roads.
Just picked up a solid 1992 Jeep Wrangler to keep at the hunting camp and sold the 4 wheeler just yesterday.

That’s it for a while,,,, which is what I said several months ago.
© 24hourcampfire