Home
Posted By: Geno67 TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
https://www.newsweek.com/texas-secede-us-2023-gop-pushes-referendum-1717254

I hope about half the states will join her if they decide to.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
They wanted to do that for decades. But as we all know it will never happen. Just more clickbait news.
Posted By: bkraft Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
I thought we had that discussion in the 1860's, didn't work out so well for those that tried.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
I wish.....
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
This is a far different world than it was in the 1860s. Nonetheless, we seem to adapt to whatever misery and dysfunction that is handed down to us. Secession and Balkanization are for those that are willing to fight for their freedom. That doesn’t appear to be us. Unfortunately, I don’t see this growing any legs.
Posted By: keith Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Donky Pox may leade Republicans getting more violent than democrats. Seems like Democratic Violence is acceptable at this time, crazy as hell that the Rule of Law is thrown out the window as long as it follows the Democrat Play Book!
Posted By: Geno67 Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
They are going to have a state wide referendum to be voted on in 2023. I would say this go round is not like the others.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Give it back to Mexico.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
This is a far different world than it was in the 1860s. Nonetheless, we seem to adapt to whatever misery and dysfunction that is handed down to us. Secession and Balkanization are for those that are willing to fight for their freedom. That doesn’t appear to be us. Unfortunately, I don’t see this growing any legs.

Economic collapse will make it happen no matter what.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Give it back to Mexico.

Give it? I'll bet the cartels would pay good money for it.
Give it back to Mexico.
They're taking it back anyway.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
I thought this was resolved back in 1865.
Posted By: Redneck Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
They wanted to do that for decades. But as we all know it will never happen. Just more clickbait news.
SPOT ON!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by colorado bob
I thought this was resolved back in 1865.

Nothing but federal govt overreach was resolved back then.

They decided they could do such, and kill you if you didn't like it.
Posted By: ingwe Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I wish.....

If you people decide to secede, you're gonna have a new neighbor...
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
It's as likely as parts of OR and WA combining with ID. It just won't happen.
Posted By: Kellywk Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Give it back to Mexico.

You realize that will cause more Texans to move to Montana?
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by Geno67
https://www.newsweek.com/texas-secede-us-2023-gop-pushes-referendum-1717254

I hope about half the states will join her if they decide to.

There is a growing grass roots movement for this in Texas
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Give it back to Mexico.

Some of them are OK.

Not the ones who want open borders though.
Give it back to Mexico.

Some of them are OK.

Those types are all over the country.

Keep giving in to them, and it'll just be a fight over which part Mexico gets, or Canada gets.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Just chewing tobacco here and wondering if Texas was to decide to secede and close their borders. How’d you all fair, if the Pentagon said carpet bomb the Lone Star State?…..You know, just to set an example.

What would Lincoln do?

🦫
Posted By: LBP Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
I think the border might be different if Texas became a Republic again.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by LBP
It would be a good bit north just to start with.
Posted By: akrange Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
By 2023 it will be to Late .. Kommiefornia’n and Biden’s Hobo’s will make it Impossible at the Ballot Box..
Florida will go too..
Posted By: Squidge Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Won't happen.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...legally-secede-from-the-U-S-17254835.php
Posted By: kingston Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Just chewing tobacco here and wondering if Texas was to decide to succeed and close their borders. How’d you all fair, if the Pentagon said carpet bomb the Lone Star State?…..You know, just to set an example.

What would Lincoln do?

🦫

Didn't you read Ribka's post from this morning. The Pentagon is all out of bombs.

They gave them all to the Ukrainians and after the Boomers campaigns toward globalization and domestic environmental sustainability we don't have the industrial capacity to replenish them at any significant rate.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Give it back to Mexico.

Some of them are OK.

Those types are all over the country.

Keep giving in to them, and it'll just be a fight over which part Mexico gets, or Canada gets.

For whatever reason...the evil bastards are moving to Texas!
Just chewing tobacco here and wondering if Texas was to decide to succeed and close their borders. How’d you all fair, if the Pentagon said carpet bomb the Lone Star State?…..You know, just to set an example.

What would Lincoln do?

🦫

Killing people and destroying a state that just wants to be left alone, would start something alright.
Would be hell to pay if passing secession and Beto being elected as governor happened simultaneously.
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Would be hell to pay if passing secession and Beto being elected as governor happened simultaneously.

Neither will happen.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22

What would Lincoln do?

🦫

Killing people and destroying a state that just wants to be left alone, would start something alright.

Seems like that’s the way it’s always been.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22

What would Lincoln do?

🦫

Just look at it like taking a big one for the team….Something has to get the ball rolling.

That would do it.

🦫
Posted By: SandBilly Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Texas real estate would skyrocket.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
They have massive oil reserves. With that oil money, they can buy anything else they need.

Also, they could just shut down the border, given no interference from the Liberal federal government. No more illiterate disease ridden wet*backs in Texas.
Might just work out.
Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Arkansas would be one of the richer nations on earth. It would as large as Western Europe. It would have abundant oil, coal, and timber. It would have enough farmland to feed half the world. It would have two international ports. It would have several cities that are international centers of finance. And it would have an international border.

Unfettered by the federal leviathan to pursue wealth and develop its resources, it would in relatively short order do very well indeed.
Somebody down there is smoking crack…
Posted By: Hastings Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by LBP
It would be a good bit north just to start with.
Right, it would border Canada and I hope my state leaves with it also.
Posted By: Hastings Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Arkansas would be one of the richer nations on earth. It would as large as Western Europe. It would have abundant oil, coal, and timber. It would have enough farmland to feed half the world. It would have two international ports. It would have several cities that are international centers of finance. And it would have an international border.

Unfettered by the federal leviathan to pursue wealth and develop its resources, it would in relatively short order do very well indeed.
And our worst citizens would leave for the USA.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Sounds better and better.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Give it back to Mexico.

Give it back to Mexico?
Surely you jest!

I'm guessing you prefer high priced gasoline?
Do you realize just how many refineries there are along the Texas Gulf Coast?
Do you realize how much crude oil is produced in Texas?
How about all the produce that comes out of the Rio Grsnde Valley?
Posted By: WiFowler Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
If they do secede, will I need a passport?
Posted By: KFWA Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Just chewing tobacco here and wondering if Texas was to decide to secede and close their borders. How’d you all fair, if the Pentagon said carpet bomb the Lone Star State?…..You know, just to set an example.

What would Lincoln do?

🦫
He'd phuggin bomb the schit out of it
We don’t really care what all the peons in the other insignificant states think. If you want to come along, you’re welcome to do it. Otherwise STFU and know your place.
Posted By: Steve Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
As I mentioned in another thread, perhaps things would have worked out differently if South Carolina had gone to the courts to succeed first rather than firing on Ft. Sumter.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by Hastings

I"ve pretty much said the same thing every time this subject comes up. I know it won't happen, but like it or not, Texas and LA alone are home to 75% of the nation's refining capacity, and the vast majority of oil and gas produced in the entire USA. He who owns the energy is king. We'd simply trade oil/fuel/gas for what we don't already have. With a staunch conservative gov't, the dregs of society would move elsewhere......just the way we like it.
Posted By: Riverc Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Hastings

I"ve pretty much said the same thing every time this subject comes up. I know it won't happen, but like it or not, Texas and LA alone are home to 75% of the nation's refining capacity, and the vast majority of oil and gas produced in the entire USA. He who owns the energy is king. We'd simply trade oil/fuel/gas for what we don't already have. With a staunch conservative gov't, the dregs of society would move elsewhere......just the way we like it.

Wouldn't say it won't happen anything is possible probably not in my lifetime though.
Posted By: Scott_Thornley Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22

What would Lincoln do?

🦫

Yep, every one in the armed forces would be on board for that, I’m sure… So there’d be no water in fuel, FOD, food poisoning, fragging….
Posted By: DMc Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
If the mid-terms are stolen, I'm all in. If you don't like it, we'll give you an inflatable raft and a paddle.
Originally Posted by DMc
If the mid-terms are stolen, I'm all in. If you don't like it, we'll give you an inflatable raft and a paddle.

Nobody is going to vote our way out of the jackpot we are in now.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22

I can't find any fault with your argument.
Originally Posted by DMc

We’ll know in about 4 months but my deep concerns are that you’re correct on the matter.
Posted By: Teal Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by DMc

We’ll know in about 4 months but my deep concerns are that you’re correct on the matter.

His point is - you would need about 6 election cycles where everyone elected at all levels were constitutionalist conservatives - that's just to break even with what needs to happen to retain our Republic. And it's not going to happen.
Frederick Douglass was spot on!!!

The ballot box, the Jury box, the cartridge box.

The first two are as dead as Julius Caesar.
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by DMc

His point is - you would need about 6 election cycles where everyone elected at all levels were constitutionalist conservatives - that's just to break even with what needs to happen to retain our Republic. And it's not going to happen.

I’m a little more concerned with what’s directly ahead of us at the moment. Like scotus decisions, take’em one at a time.
Posted By: Teal Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by DMc

I’m a little more concerned with what’s directly ahead of us at the moment. Like scotus decisions, take’em one at a time.

If things continue as they have - we have maybe 10 years before the country turns into Israel v Palestine or N Ireland in the 70's for back and forth between ideologies. SCOTUS decisions are great and all but they're 2 800mg Motrin and water for fighting the disease we've got. #corpsmanMD
Posted By: BeanMan Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
I hope Texas does secede, there will be a lot of land available when we nationalize it in The mountains of Western Colorado
I honestly don’t give a rat phuque what anyone else thinks. If this be treason make the most of it.

In the litteral sense, I now have an actual hill to die on. Bid them achieve me then sell my bones!

Phuuque chips and dips.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by BeanMan
I hope Texas does secede, there will be a lot of land available when we nationalize it in The mountains of Western Colorado

Texas has always had one thing going for it.

John Denvers can't survive here.

Except that little area known as the "hill country" of course.

Hippies thrive there.
Posted By: deflave Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Hippies thrive there.

Yeah and don't forget that no f a g s live in Texas.

LOL

That's another one of your precious gems.

Hippies thrive there.

An unfortunate fact.
Originally Posted by DMc

If things continue as they have - we have maybe 10 years before the country turns into Israel v Palestine or N Ireland in the 70's for back and forth between ideologies. SCOTUS decisions are great and all but they're 2 800mg Motrin and water for fighting the disease we've got. #corpsmanMD

You’re Preaching to the choir and front row deacons but I also fear that you are spot on correct.
Originally Posted by deflave

Hippies thrive there.

Yeah and don't forget that no f a g s live in Texas.

LOL

That's another one of your precious gems.

You can swing a dead cat around here without bouncing one off a f a g !
Posted By: RIO7 Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
itpowell,

I had a chance to kill that sorry S.O.B. John Denver, while fly fishing in Colorado, sorry i missed my chance, i could of cut off his Rocky Mountain High, with out a peep, my lack of resolve got the better of me. Rio7
Posted By: ltppowell Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
WTF are you talking about Travis? Back it up, kid.
Hmm. The hill country county I’m in voted almost 80% republican in 2020. 19% Dem.

Maybe we need more hippies if that’s what’s here.
Originally Posted by RIO7
itpowell,

I had a chance to kill that sorry S.O.B. John Denver, while fly fishing in Colorado, sorry i missed my chance, i could of cut off his Rocky Mountain High, with out a peep, my lack of resolve got the better of me. Rio7

laugh

Patience. It paid off! smile
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Hmm. The hill country county I’m in voted almost 80% republican in 2020. 19% Dem.

Sandbilly. Very true. Same here just south of you! But cross the Pedernales and travel east. I’m right here in the frontier. Trying to keep the cocksuckiers out
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Sandbilly. Very true. Same here just south of you! But cross the Pedernales and travel east. I’m right here in the frontier. Trying to keep the cocksuckiers out

I’ve been thinking, we should start a militia, just you and I.

We can call it KW’s fàgût hippie slayers, or something catchy like that. 😝
Posted By: bludog Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Give it back to Mexico.

Sorry, Jim I do not mean any disrespect, I'm sure it was an off the cuff response, but this is not the response we could ever really want. Texas is the largest electoral state that is still RED. Republican/Conservatives have no chance if Texas goes blue or went away. If Texas secedes, I'm dang sure hoping MO, AR, OK, MT, WY, ID, UT, AZ, AL, MS, FL, GA, TN, SC, NC, VA, LA, WV, IA, NE, SD, ND, KS, AK and maybe NV, OH, IN, MI, MN, PA and WI follow suit. Give 'em IL, CA, NY, NJ, and the rest of east and west coast. We would do just fine without 'em.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22
Geno67: I, for one, would hate to see them leave.
The schithole now known as kalifornicationkopia is welcome to exit - anytime!
Probably won't be "allowed" to happen though.
Long live Texas!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You need to get yet azz over here. Bier ist kalt!

Someday soon. 👍

Off to NM tomorrow..

Someday soon. 👍

Off to NM tomorrow..

👍👍👍👍😉😉😉😉
Posted By: BeanMan Re: TX wants to secede - 06/28/22

Hippies thrive there.

I’m talking Western Colorado, it’s whole different thing than the Front Range east side of Denver, Boulder, etc. they do outvote us though.
Posted By: 99guy Re: TX wants to secede - 06/29/22
© 24hourcampfire