Home
Posted By: stxhunter HEB - 06/29/22
to build a new school in Uvalde.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: HEB - 06/29/22
HEB just keeps on rocking 😎😎😎😎

...and they got good prices on groceries.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: HEB - 06/29/22
God Bless Texas.
Posted By: BeardedGunsmith Re: HEB - 06/29/22
They gonna knock down the old one?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: HEB - 06/29/22
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
They gonna knock down the old one?
yes
Posted By: Fubarski Re: HEB - 06/29/22
Hopefully, HEB will kick in for some new SRO's.
Posted By: BeardedGunsmith Re: HEB - 06/29/22
I smell a conspiracy.
Posted By: MD521 Re: HEB - 06/29/22
News said HEB donated $10 million for the project.
Posted By: Raeford Re: HEB - 06/29/22
Good deal!
Posted By: Teal Re: HEB - 06/29/22
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
HEB just keeps on rocking 😎😎😎😎

...and they got good prices on groceries.

Good enough that I shopped there instead of the commissary on base on an e4 paycheck instead.
Posted By: smokepole Re: HEB - 06/29/22
I always liked HEB when we lived in S TX but I never saw this side of the organization. It's getting so that when something really bad like Uvalde happens, you know they're gonna help in a big way.
Posted By: hanco Re: HEB - 06/29/22
Clean stores, building one ten minutes from my house.
Posted By: 3040Krag Re: HEB - 06/29/22
When the hurricane hit Rockport a while back, they were set up before the National Guard. One wall of the store was down, but HEB was giving away free food and water to everyone. They are a class act
Posted By: JGRaider Re: HEB - 06/29/22
HEB is always first in line to help. I love the place for many reasons.
Posted By: rost495 Re: HEB - 06/29/22
Originally Posted by 3040Krag
When the hurricane hit Rockport a while back, they were set up before the National Guard. One wall of the store was down, but HEB was giving away free food and water to everyone. They are a class act
Tried to get water for our fire dept in a hurricane, no dice. We were buying it IE didn't want it free. They said we could have 2 cases.

Went to Walmart. No questions asked, got a pallet on a fork lift to the truck in 5 minutes....

Glad HEB is doing some good. To this day Walmart has been better to us IMHO and we keep shopping there

Maybe HEB is turning a corner.

OTOH I'm so far past politically correct. Nothing wrong with that school building but tear it down and build another one. Still the same place. Evil still exists. We still don't address the real problems.
Posted By: EdM Re: HEB - 06/29/22
Originally Posted by JGRaider
HEB is always first in line to help. I love the place for many reasons.

Yep.
Posted By: DMc Re: HEB - 06/29/22
Maybe they should get a new police dept first....
Posted By: rainshot Re: HEB - 06/29/22
Florence Butt founded a winner. It has made quite a mark catering to Hispanics over the years. It's a good chain. Money making business.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: HEB - 06/29/22
Originally Posted by rainshot
Florence Butt founded a winner. It has made quite a mark catering to Hispanics over the years. It's a good chain. Money making business.

They cater even more so now that one of the Butt kids married a Mex gal.

HEB has LOTS of connections, business wise in Mexico. They are tied in with the grocery supply down there too.

I can't say I see everything they do as an improvement, since I've been a long time customer and seen the trinkets scale up, and the die hard, high quality grocery/meat/produce that brought them to the dance to begin with, perhaps fade a bit.

I see it as changing of the control to the later generation of Butts.
Posted By: akrange Re: HEB - 06/29/22
HEB … Archie Bunker …
Posted By: stxhunter Re: HEB - 06/29/22
They use to sell guns and ammo, and fishing gear when I was in high school.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: HEB - 06/29/22
They closed my old worn out awesome HEB and built a new one that totally sucks a mile away. It has a sushi bar and lots of empty shelves.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: HEB - 06/29/22
Originally Posted by stxhunter
They use to sell guns and ammo, and fishing gear when I was in high school.

We had Furr’s Super Market’s where I grew up.
Lubbock based grocery chain that also had guns, ammo, reloading supplies, fishing tackle, automotive accessories, and tools. They we’re almost as good as Gibson’s. They also owned the Furr’s Cafeteria restaurant chain.
© 24hourcampfire