Home
Posted By: LouisB Dark Winds TV Show - 06/29/22
Did anyone here watch first few?

I have read all of the Hillerman works including his daughters, so have to remind myself that these shows are NOT from the books.

Also have to realize they are TV shows, not a movie.
Watch VERY LITTLE TV, but I know they are better than most of the crap I have tried to watch on TV.
It is a fresh idea unlike most of what is out there in tvland.

Thoughts!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Dark Winds TV Show - 06/29/22
I'm watching.

3 episodes in.

I read quite a few of Tony Hillerman's novels years ago, and really enjoyed his writing.

We'll see how the TV show does. So far, it's better than 95% of what else is on TV. wink
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Dark Winds TV Show - 06/29/22
I like the show, sort of a spin off from Longmire. However It, Longmire and Yellowstone all have one thing in common, White man bad. Still you have to watch something.
Posted By: 79S Re: Dark Winds TV Show - 06/29/22
We are watching it, my wife is Navajo she loves the show. Always thought be interesting to be a Navajo nation cop, but I can’t speak Navajo so would’ve been a no go.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Dark Winds TV Show - 06/29/22
LouisB: Yes the VarmintWife and I are both somewhat enthused with this series - it airs at 11:00 P.M. so we tape it and watch it the next day sans the commercials.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: hanco Re: Dark Winds TV Show - 06/29/22
Wifey and I will have to check it out!
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Dark Winds TV Show - 06/29/22
I read a number of Hillerman's novels years ago. Interesting plots and characters.

I remember reading somewhere, also years ago, that Hillerman was anti-Second Amendment.

L.W.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Dark Winds TV Show - 06/29/22
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I read a number of Hillerman's novels years ago. Interesting plots and characters.

I remember reading somewhere, also years ago, that Hillerman was anti-Second Amendment.

L.W.

I don't think he was.

But he died in 2008, and his daughter Anne Hillerman took over the writing. She's a Santa Fe liberal. Bright blue. wink
Posted By: Lslite Re: Dark Winds TV Show - 06/29/22
Too slow and preachy.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Dark Winds TV Show - 06/29/22
What channel is it on ?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Dark Winds TV Show - 06/29/22
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm watching.

3 episodes in.

I read quite a few of Tony Hillerman's novels years ago, and really enjoyed his writing.

We'll see how the TV show does. So far, it's better than 95% of what else is on TV. wink

Also 3 episodes in.

I agree.
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: Dark Winds TV Show - 06/29/22
The wife and I have been watching it. Similar to the books, but not the same. Better than the other crap on TV.
© 24hourcampfire