Home
Posted By: wabigoon Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
I think the only one I have seen was in Witcha Falls, Texas, Spring of 64.

We boosted one over the top, and, of course he opened for the rest of us.

Hey! Ten cents, is ten cents. laugh
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
In Tennessee, state law required that at least one stall was "free". One store owner hired a local wino to sit on that stool for hours at a time so people would have to use the ones with a coin slot.
Posted By: blanket Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Been times I couldn't get a nickel in fast enough
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
laugh
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Anybody ever just crawl under?
Posted By: EdM Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Yep at a roadside crapper in Peru.
Posted By: funshooter Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
I was refused the use of a Free Toilet early in the morning here in Commyfornia on a long drive to work years back.
I had to go with no time to try and find another place.
So in the planter right by the gas station door I dropped um and left a nice big pile for the customers to see when they went into pay for gas when the sun came up.

Some times when ya gotta go ya gotta go.
I have not ran into a pay toilet yet. I hope I never do. I do not carry change in my pockets.
Posted By: slm9s Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Anybody ever just crawl under?

Sea-Tac airport about '85. Dropping dad off to go commercial herring and salmon fishing in AK. I HAD TO GO and when I got into the men's room they were pay toilets only. I was just a kid and had no money and no time to run back to get money. Under the door I went!
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Damn sure wouldn't be flushing. Want me to pay, okay, earn your $$ azzhole.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
No, but was in a fancy strip club in New Orleans that had attendant you had to tip on the way out.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Why pay?
Posted By: Cecil56 Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
I only encountered it once, a few years ago. We had a major flood, Talking houses under 9' of water. Rest stops on I-29 south and north both closed down.

Little store along the highway, not flooded, was charging $1.00 as I recall, if you did not fuel up or eat there. Can't say I could blame them. People stopping just to use the restroom.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Union Station- St. Louis, MO back about 1965 or 66.
Thank goodness the urinals were free. Didn't need the toilet.
First (and only) time I saw a "men's room attendant" was at the Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo (1974?). Friend of mine was up in the slack. What the hell, I pitched the guy a quarter and found a free men's room.
There were a bunch of rodeo contestants that had been.out on the road. The attendants sold personal hygiene items and kept the restroom, well, cleaner than the unattended restrooms.

Spent a year driving a 2.5 ton box truck delivering finish building products.
One near train wreck and an ornery station owner and I kept a plastic 5 gallon bucket, a jug of water and TP, in the back.
It could be 40 or 50 miles between stops out across the Texas, Oklahoma countryside.
Posted By: funshooter Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Originally Posted by Cecil56
I only encountered it once, a few years ago. We had a major flood, Talking houses under 9' of water. Rest stops on I-29 south and north both closed down.

Little store along the highway, not flooded, was charging $1.00 as I recall, if you did not fuel up or eat there. Can't say I could blame them. People stopping just to use the restroom.

When i use a restroom in a store I always try and buy something
With one exception the Subway gas station in Needles Commyfornia.
They installed a concrete Parking stop in a walk way and when it is dark the light shining into the parking area for all the truckers blinds you so you can not see the Concrete stop.
I went into use the bathroom this last January and hit that Concrete stop so hard that I went down hard and sprained my ankle real bad.
I sat on the ground for about 15 minutes before I could even stand up.
Then I hobbled over to a bench they had in front of the gas station / Subway and st there for another 10 to 15 minutes before I could walk in and use there facility's.
A cashier asked if I was OK. I asked him if there had been any complaints about the Concrete parking stop in the middle of the walkway out next to the parking area.
He told me No. I told him that I was filing an official report to him and told him they need to move the Concrete Parking Stop out of the walkway.
My ankle is still not right to this day 6 months latter
Well 2 trips to Arizona and they have not moved the Concrete Parking Stop so I do not buy anything from them when I stop to use their facility's Screw um.
all they need to do is move that Concrete 3 ft and it would still work as a Parking stop and it would be out of their designated walk way.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Seen one on a woody woodpecker cartoon
Posted By: ewc Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Why? I just can’t fathom why this is posted.

And my dumb ass responded. Damn I’m stupid too.

The world is my urinal. I’ll never pay.
Posted By: Raferman Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
drunk and in a foul mood I once took a dump on a koala changing station.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Don’t know if I’ve seen one….

But there’s been times I’d gladly paid to use one…

BG’s, sweating, deep breathing, walking pigeon toed sideways….
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
I don't think I have ever seen one in the USA.
Posted By: Teal Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Saw one in Bosnia - went under.
Posted By: mjs3240 Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
I have only voted for one Democrat in my life and I voted for March Fong Eu for secrtary of state because she promised to do away with pay toilets in California. She won and was true to her word and got rid of pay toilets here.

I was driving to work one morning and I was just a mile away when I had to go right now. I could not make it another mile so I pulled into the parking lot of the local VA hospital and crapped into a 3 pound coffee can I happened to have in my truck. That is the closest call I have ever had.

Another day I arrived early to work to see one of the guys, Bill, leaving the parking lot to go home. I thought that was strange as it was 0630 and the day was just starting. When I went to use the mens room it was a mess. It was obivious that someone did not make it to rhe stall. I guess Bill had to go home to clean up. Bill of course denied everything.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
San Francisco street toilets are free... and abundant...
Posted By: rem shooter Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
only once. in Virginia in 1984. I was in the Army and returning back to base in Georgia, after leave in West Virginia ,..i was cussing, there door went all the way to the floor
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
The Whitehouse has become a toilet...and we're paying dearly for it.
Posted By: StGeorger Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Here I sit so brokenhearted,
Paid a nickel and only farted.

One of my dad's when I was a kid.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Weren't uncommon when i was a kid.
The movie theater, some stores.
The stores would give you a token if you ask, dime if a Butt Clenched!
Darn near every where you either had to ask or get a key.
Dollar General is the only place I know that has keys anymore.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
One of the best reasons to live rural and drive backroads when possible. Never know when you gotta go, and I'd rather not get monkey pox/HIV/Hep/etc from a public toilet.
Been forever since I was at a gas station where you had to ask for the key. Usually chained to a cinder block or something.
Posted By: deadlift_dude Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
I remember them as a kid. Haven't seen one in years. Well, except for Switzerland, where you got use of a whole toilet & shower at the train station. Thta was nice.

I do recall as a kid, at O'Haire airport IIRC, seeing all the stalls in the men's room with the doors deliberately removed. I suppose they were having "GOP Sen Larry Craig" problem with the homos getting off in the stalls.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Hotel Coolidge in White River Junction, VT. When I was a kid we went there for special occasion dinners. Ten cents to use the stool, the urinal was free.
How many places do you go where they still just pile the ice into the urinals?

I can think of 1 or 2 that still do it that way around here.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Sioux Falls airport back in the day. My brother and I were fascinated by them as youngsters. Crazy then, crazy now.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Weren't uncommon when i was a kid.
The movie theater, some stores.
The stores would give you a token if you ask, dime if a Butt Clenched!
Darn near every where you either had to ask or get a key.
Dollar General is the only place I know that has keys anymore.

At Dollar General, there is a door across from the restroom that says Employees Only.

People must think it’s an office or broom closest.

That is the employee crapper. It’s never locked.

Say hello…to my little stinky friend 💥

👏🏻👌🏼🤟🏼🤛
Dollar General employees always complaining on TikTok about their jobs and corporate

There ya go Frieda…have a nice day
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
When I was a teenager in the 1960s, a local shopping mall had a G C Murphy's store. They installed pay toilets. I think they charged a dime for toilet access. A few years later, Tennessee outlawed pay toilets.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Why did the toilet roll down the hill?

To get to the bottom.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Shoot,I went to the UK and they charged just to sit in bench at a park. In Paris there are pay as you go toilets along the streets.

In Saudi Arabia, there are just holes in the floor
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Shoot,I went to the UK and they charged just to sit in bench at a park. In Paris there are pay as you go toilets along the streets.

how big a hole?

Like trying to thread a needle?

😂🤣😂
Posted By: gunzo Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
The first & only time I've seen a pay toilet was in Mo. or KS. in the late70's. Ask my bud & mentor at the time, WTF? He'd been to Nam 3 times & here & there so I figured he had a plan.

He said, one nickel for all 5 of us, just hold the door for the next person when you walk out. And while you're in there, piss on everything in the stall, BUT the commode. The greedy SOBS will soon figure out this wasn't a good idea.

It wasn't because of us, but the practice of a coin lock on a stall didn't last long a I recall..
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Pay Toilets? - 06/30/22
Legend has it that The Limbo was actually invented by Jewish folks going under the doors of pay toilets.

An attorney Jew buddy told me that one.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Pay Toilets? - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Legend has it that The Limbo was actually invented by Jewish folks going under the doors of pay toilets.

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Pay Toilets? - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
One of the best reasons to live rural and drive backroads when possible. Never know when you gotta go, and I'd rather not get monkey pox/HIV/Hep/etc from a public toilet.

Gotta admit I've turned off the main road and looked for a good spot.

Dumptrucking for highway construction, have been forced to pull over
and crawl into the bed. Left logs and paper towels in the rocks.😉
That was a load of bigger stone for an Acid Mine Runoff project.
Environmental dudes everywhere when I got my rocks off.
Sweating bullets they would see my scat and there would be trouble!
Posted By: Barryt Re: Pay Toilets? - 07/01/22
Back in 70, during the Berger Inquiry for the MacKenzie Valley Pipeline, and old native got up to speak.
"You white guys come up here all the time and [bleep] all over our land! ........But when I go to your big city I have to pay a quarter just to take a [bleep] in your land!"
He had a point.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Pay Toilets? - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Prezactly.

Crawled under a bridge on a county road on the way home from work one day.

Another spot my pard and I used a few times. Old road that went off of county. Had a closed gate just far enough back in the timber you could back in, truck off of the road, use the rear bumper and so what needed to be done.
When the prostrate is large, any old, "Port in a Storm."
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Pay Toilets? - 07/01/22
Depends...
Lynn Matthiess," If they ain't seen it before, they won't know what it is". laugh
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Pay Toilets? - 07/03/22
Originally Posted by Houston_2

That’s fugking hilarous
Posted By: Partsman Re: Pay Toilets? - 07/03/22
Had them at our PNE for many years.
Posted By: RandyR Re: Pay Toilets? - 07/04/22
I had a punk at a mall in Lima try to charge me for the key to the bathroom. I was able to get my point across in broken Spanish.
Posted By: LJBass Re: Pay Toilets? - 07/04/22
Originally Posted by Teal
How many places do you go where they still just pile the ice into the urinals?

I can think of 1 or 2 that still do it that way around here.
Local Dirt tracks, Drag strips.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Pay Toilets? - 07/05/22
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by saddlesore

how big a hole?

Like trying to thread a needle?

😂🤣😂

About 6"
Posted By: BigCreekRanger Re: Pay Toilets? - 07/05/22
I had rather [bleep] in the weeds.Than use a public [bleep]
© 24hourcampfire