Home
Posted By: NDsnowman I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
We started a bourbon and cigar club in my neighborhood and I am hosting a meeting week after next. Everyone is bringing an appetizer to share, so I am looking for ideas. Will probably have about 15 people and I am no stranger to the kitchen. Would appreciate some of your unique and delicious ideas.
Posted By: KRAKMT Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Sriracha and honey moose or elk meatballs are my wife’s appi to take to events.
If interested I can pass on the recipe.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Vienna sausages.
Get some fancy toothpicks.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Bacon wrapped venison and jalapeños is a good appetizer
Posted By: Higginez Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Buffalo Turds.

The End.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Pimento cheese and pig rind chips.
Posted By: leesway2 Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
one lb ground sausage browned and drained,add one pk of cream cheese melt while sturing and add a can of rotel. quick easy and dang good dip.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Vienna sausages.

sick sick sick

and

sick
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Got any ground venison?

A few years ago I made pemmican tarts for a similar event.

You’ll need 16 baked tart shells, 1lb ground venison, 1/4 lb chopped bacon, 2 cups blueberries, 2 oz bourbon or other whiskey.

Fry the bacon, remove from grease, then brown the venison in the bacon fat. Stir in the blueberries and fire water. The blueberries will render down and form a sauce. Add the bacon back in, then scoop into the baked tart shells and let cool. Serve at room temperature.
Posted By: philgood80 Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Gut some jap peppers, fill with cream cheese, wrap in bacon and season. Then bake until the cheese starts to ooze. Thank me later
Posted By: steve4102 Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Lox, cream cheese, bagel
Posted By: JGRaider Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Smoked meatloaf.
Rumaki is great with both. Add pineapple to half of them for those who like that recipe.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24668/rumaki/
Originally Posted by steve4102
Lox, cream cheese, bagel

Man...
smirk

You forgot capers.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Vienna sausages.

sick sick sick

and

sick
LOL, ya think?
Posted By: rainshot Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Beanie weanies served by topless women.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
simple and delicious

https://www.platingpixels.com/one-p...QkH0q0DFA2-_m9Imb6vJQw7o1W7RVwreMHq5gHRo
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Rumaki is great with both. Add pineapple to half of them for those who like that recipe.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24668/rumaki/

We do rumaki with duck and venison. Works well. Marinade meat in soy sauce/Vodka before assembling.
or these

https://lobsterfrommaine.com/recipe...EYZFCQMUSolo7TeA7r53I_ChomS_sgToLL7eBAVk
Vienna sausages.

sick sick sick

and

sick
LOL, ya think?

The wife loves them, but she loves them when I off somewhere. wink

If I bought nothing but those slimy pieces of lips and azz for the larder I would lose a lot of weight...that's an Idea!
shocked
Posted By: Sheister Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Not sure how this would go with cigars and bourbon, but it is great with beer-

Either cook some chicken breasts or buy a couple cans of chicken breast meat. Break up the chicken in a bowl, add some mayonnaise and mix it up to your liking. Add some Taco seasoning to taste and mix it up. Once you get it where you like it, lay out some Flour tortillas and spread it across them in a thin layer and roll them up. Cut the rolled up tortillas into 1"- 1 1/2" long pieces and serve on a plate. You could also substitute pulled pork , tuna, salmon or whatever floats your boat. These will disappear faster than you can make more....
Posted By: steve4102 Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by steve4102
Lox, cream cheese, bagel

Man...
smirk

You forgot capers.
I did, sorry
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
I’d do pulled pork nachos - a fancy one - pico, twice melted cheese (two layers) and some spicy creamy avocado aioli. Maybe even a dish of refried beans along side.

Just me tho
Posted By: DaveR Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
A few for the smoker...

Bourbon and BBQ glazed bacon wrapped shrimp.

Smoked crab dip.

Bacon wrapped cream cheese and crab stuffed jalepeno poppers.

The shrimp are a bit of a pain (but they'll get scarfed up fast). The other two not so tough.
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by Higginez
Buffalo Turds.

The End.

You should try the chips. Much better.
Posted By: ironbender Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Rhubarb pie.
Pack of square nabs
Posted By: Valsdad Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Vienna sausages.
And little umbrellas for the bourbon glasses?
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Vienna sausages.
And little umbrellas for the bourbon glasses?
Hard to go wrong with monkey dicks.
Recently I got invited to a cigar and scotch night hosted by Rocky Patel and Johnny Walker at the local golf course clubhouse and they served various appetizers like grilled bacon wrapped shrimp and grilled sausages on toothpicks, grilled chicken Brest strips on shiskkabobs with bourbon glaze, but the one that everyone had to try and most guys commented about was beef bones split lengthwise to expose the marrow then oven roasted, served with a scoop of chimichurre sauce and a big piece of toasted sourdough baguette to scoop the roasted marrow onto. It tasted better than it sounds and it was something I’d never been seen before and if it wasn’t for the alcohol and macho attitude of the event I don’t think most guys there would have tried it but it looked like of the 80-100 people there almost everyone ate all of it I only saw a few plates get left with a bite or two missing.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Queso with wild game sausage. Usually, moose, caribou, or black bear is used, but bison, beef, pork, deer, elk, mt goat, sheep, and many more critters have been used to get to the same point.

Start with about 1 1/2# of sausage browned and crumbled. Remove the sausage and add a medium onion, chopped medium, and sear until glassy. Add a big tablespoon of minced garlic and continue searing. Add the cooked sausage back into the pan and add a 12 ounce package of cream cheese. Blend together until uniform. Add sour cream until the consistency is right and serve with chips, crackers, or whatever you like.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
Pack of square nabs

About 3/4 the fire doesn’t even know what nabs are.

😂🤣😂🤣
Posted By: Mike_S Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Buffalo chicken dip. Super easy, canned chicken breast, hot sauce, ranch dressing, cream cheese and shredded cheddar.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by Huntingfool270
Recently I got invited to a cigar and scotch night hosted by Rocky Patel and Johnny Walker at the local golf course clubhouse and they served various appetizers like grilled bacon wrapped shrimp and grilled sausages on toothpicks, grilled chicken Brest strips on shiskkabobs with bourbon glaze, but the one that everyone had to try and most guys commented about was beef bones split lengthwise to expose the marrow then oven roasted, served with a scoop of chimichurre sauce and a big piece of toasted sourdough baguette to scoop the roasted marrow onto. It tasted better than it sounds and it was something I’d never been seen before and if it wasn’t for the alcohol and macho attitude of the event I don’t think most guys there would have tried it but it looked like of the 80-100 people there almost everyone ate all of it I only saw a few plates get left with a bite or two missing.

High end restaurants here charge ridiculous amounts for this as appetizers. It’s good, like a lot of cheap cuts, but they sure ream you for it.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
Pack of square nabs

About 3/4 the fire doesn’t even know what nabs are.

😂🤣😂🤣

Ha. That's true. I learned living in Louisiana.
Originally Posted by Huntingfool270

Marrow is great, but standing around having a drink, it seems unwieldy. Better for sitting at a table.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Water chestnuts wrapped in bacon and roasted in the oven until the bacon is done.

Easy and yummy…
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: I need a recipe idea - 07/01/22
Thanks all, good stuff here. Will do some research.
7 course meal is a Pepsi and a pack of nabs
© 24hourcampfire