Home
Posted By: 5sdad What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
... that sets us apart from the lesser members of the species could we discuss today?
Posted By: ol_mike Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
Beer drinkin?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
I vote for caber tossing.

It's pretty manly:

Oh wait, seems wimmins do that too (with Stars and Stripes undies even!)

Axe throwin
Posted By: wabigoon Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
Fishin"
Posted By: wabigoon Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
I'll ask for a good recipe for bull calf testicles. laugh
Posted By: Teal Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
I use a Stihl 462 with a 25 inch bar to pop blisters.
Mumbly peg.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Mumbly peg.

In a feed lot
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Mumbly peg.

In a feed lot

With bare feet...
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
Mumbly peg.

Anyone still play it?

Wearing Steel Toes?
Cutting your own firewood?

How about earning a living for your family, fixing or building the things
around the house. (While teaching the family so they can be self reliant
without you) Raising your kids, loving them, guiding them, preparing them
to move on without you. Teaching them to be honest, productive members of society, with enough attitude to stand up for what's right.

Extra points for instilling a sense of humor in those kids, so they can
find a grin throughout their day.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
Beer drinkin?
Have PHD in that.
Posted By: strikeu Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
I had to buy a new 4DLT battery today ...and this place called "tractor supply" doesn't have (wait for it) TRACTOR BATTERIES!
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Mumbly peg.

In a feed lot

With bare feet...
have the scares. also, use to put our hands flat with fingers spread and see how fast we could stab a knife between each finger like in the movie alien.
Posted By: funshooter Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
How about just not being a Pussy when you are asked to do a job.
Also
Do not accept a job if you can not do it

I just helped a Friend build a send story Balcony and roof for that Balcony.
I was to be the boss as per his instructions.
They had some family come to help. One was a welder.

I found out the welder had not welded for 15 year
Installing the roof support channels the guys family told me that I had no idea what I was doing.
With a few other choice words.
So I climbed down off of the Scaffold that was sitting on the second floor supports and plywood and told them go at it and I went to do other prep for the job.
3 adults took 3 hours to hang (1) 4 inch Channel 9 ft long.
The owner was getting pissed and yelled out you and me are gunna do the next one. I yelled to him yep we are.
Well the welder that had a full body harness on and (2) lanyards from keeping her from falling almost had to have the Fire Dept. called to get her down.
When she was finally down her son wanted to help me and I told him I Got This.

I ran up the scaffold like I was on Speed told the operating the my crane to fly me the piece, The owner got in a Gradeall and was being lifted up onto the second floor deck. He never had a Chance to get out of the Man Basket.

I grabbed the Channel clamped one end lifted the other end clamped it to a Level to get the proper pitch to the existing roof tacked and welded the Channel 100% in 15 minutes. As I was hanging over the edge of the roof tippy toeing the scaffold I had a Channel under each arm and was welding what they took 3 hours to hang.
The owners wife turned her back and went into the house and 2 of the 3 that took 3 hours started yelling at me because I was going to get everyone killed on the job.

I didn't tell ya that I was not wearing a harness and I was not tied down with anything but my hands , legs and body. 20 ft in the air. I am 61 years old working with a 40s Girl so called welder and a mid 20 Navy Dood.

The extra help they brought in went home the next afternoon after they refused to work around me.

So If You Take A Job Man Up And Make Dam Sure You Can Do The Job Or Leave It To Someone That Can.

Pride has no place when you are a Pussy.
Posted By: Raferman Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
Yo Blacky what can you tell us about being a badass?
Lol
Posted By: ltppowell Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
Raising our children.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Raising our children.
Now you're taking it to a whole nother level.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Pickleball?
Posted By: bruinruin Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by strikeu
I had to buy a new 4DLT battery today ...and this place called "tractor supply" doesn't have (wait for it) TRACTOR BATTERIES!
I chuckled to see Tractor Supply in quotes. They don't have shidt for tractors, so I call it Chickens Plus.
Posted By: hanco Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
Drink Jack Daniels
Posted By: 12344mag Re: What manly activity ... - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by Teal
I use a Stihl 462 with a 25 inch bar to pop blisters.

I use a Stihl 090 with a 72 inch bar to shave......
Posted By: JeffyD Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Axe throwin

Or axe catchin'.
Posted By: AKduck Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

This.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Worked my old azz off. Holiday crunch this week and I covered so many jobs that I don't even know how to log my time this week.
Posted By: Toddly Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
[Linked Image from ]
Posted By: Bristoe Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Bought a 12" mitre saw and a bunch of lumber. I've been rebuilding the deck in 95 degree weather.

The worst part is removing the old boards. It was assembled with phillips head wood screws then painted. I've got to pick the paint out of the screw slots before I can back the old screws out.

But it's a satisfying endeavor.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Bought a 12" mitre saw and a bunch of lumber. I've been rebuilding the deck in 95 degree weather.

The worst part is removing the old boards. It was assembled with phillips head wood screws then painted. I've got to pick the paint out of the screw slots before I can back the old screws out.

But it's a satisfying endeavor.
I’m sorry ,LOL
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I’m sorry

That's evident.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
That's Cool!
Posted By: ironbender Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Cut the decking on each side of the joist, then slip a sawsall to cut the screws.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I’m sorry

That's evident.
Just be a butt hurt Commie bit.ch then, Bristoe
Posted By: 12344mag Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by ironbender
Cut the decking on each side of the joist, then slip a sawsall to cut the screws.

Lol, he's a machinist not a carpenter, a machinist will pick the paint out every time, I only know this because I started out life as a machinist.......
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Lol, he's a machinist not a carpenter, a machinist will pick the paint out every time, I only know this because I started out life as a machinist.......

lol,..true. Carpentry is slow work when you try to hold .002".
Posted By: GAGoober Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Boiling Grizzly Bear Skulls.
Posted By: EdM Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Raising our children.

Was just on the phone with Tony. He's on his way...
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Unraveling the damage other contractors, trees, and neglect have done to a 35 year old golf course irrigation system.
Posted By: mart Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by 5sdad
... that sets us apart from the lesser members of the species could we discuss today?

Loving one’s wife even as the dementia progresses. Answering the same questions repeatedly and not loosing patience. Still finding ways to make her laugh and putting one’s desires aside to make her feel safe and loved despite the confusion she faces daily.

I hope I can be that man. Some days it’s hard.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Roasting my nuts atop an American made, rumbling V-twin engine.
Posted By: DMc Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
A neighbor gifted me the arms and back to a bench. Painted them, ran to the lumber yard, and bought the wood strips needed and completed the bench. Still need to stain it. (To many color choices so it's lightly clear coated for now...)

Going up north for the weekend, gonna bring my .458 along
Posted By: DMc Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by mart
Loving one’s wife even as the dementia progresses. Answering the same questions repeatedly and not loosing patience. Still finding ways to make her laugh and putting one’s desires aside to make her feel safe and loved despite the confusion she faces daily.

God Bless you Mart
Posted By: Sheister Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
After replacing my entire front entry after demolishing the old set up I took my AC Cobra out for a cruise today.... got a lot of attention but tried to act like it twern't nuttin..... kept it under the speed limit, mostly....

Having seen and dealt directly with the affects of late stage Alzheimer’s on a loved one I have nothing but the ultimate respect for the spouse that’s able to deal with it. My wife worries because of the hereditary aspects of Alzheimer’s but I tell her she shouldn’t worry since it’s one disease that’s every bit as devastating to the spouse as it is to the patient themselves.

God bless you Mart, I don’t envy your responsibilities but I respect your devotion! You both will be in my prayers…

“ I hope I can be that man….” For you to desire something as selfless as wanting to be a kind and compassionate caregiver to your spouse leaves me with no doubt that you most definitely ARE that MAN!…..and I’d venture to guess that your wife is lucky to have you.
Posted By: Ringman Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22

I love what you are doing.
Posted By: 700LH Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Beavers
Thank you guys for the kind words. We take a day at a time. She has a sense of humor about it but some days the confusion is frustrating for her. She knows she should know or remember but just can’t. Those days I hold her tight and try to redirect, maybe take her to DQ or shopping. Both things she likes.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Beer drinkin?

& Hell Raisin'

Posted By: High_Noon Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22

Yes, I can attest that is is indeed difficult to maintain patience. Dealing with Dad and his pancreatic cancer, his hearing, or lack thereof, his repeated asking of the same question(s), his obsessive nature, as well as his poor treatment of Mom, has been a challenge. After reading your post, I realize I could have done a better job of it in the past. I will endeavor to do so in the future.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22

I can relate as I’m dealing with a spouse in the early stage of mental decline. It’s a challenge for me as I’m not a very patient person by nature. Remembering the 48 years of shared life gives me strength. I promised “in sickness and in health” and I will keep that promise.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

I can relate as I’m dealing with a spouse in the early stage of mental decline. It’s a challenge for me as I’m not a very patient person by nature. Remembering the 48 years of shared life gives me strength. I promised “in sickness and in health” and I will keep that promise.

My heart goes out to you. Some days are challenging but then we have a lot of good days. My opting to retire early has been a blessing. Having me around all the time has helped her greatly to feel safe. The garden has been a joy for her this year. She always loved gardening so I ramped it up a bit this year with the raised beds and flowers. It seems to help her to focus a little better.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by DMc
A neighbor gifted me the arms and back to a bench. Painted them, ran to the lumber yard, and bought the wood strips needed and completed the bench. Still need to stain it. (To many color choices so it's lightly clear coated for now...)

I've got one in the yard needing some new boards before I put it out back by "Katie's Tree". My wife just scattered Katie's ashes out there last week, the tree was her favorite on to go explore around and mark the area. So now it's known as Katie's Tree. Gonna put the bench out there for my wife to go have her tea there with her special dog.

Thanks for the reminder.
Posted By: skeen Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22

Sir, that is as manly a thing, as a man can do. God Bless.
Originally Posted by skeen

Much Respect...
Posted By: RiverRider Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Mumbly peg.

In a feed lot

With bare feet...

Blindfolded.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by Sheister
After replacing my entire front entry after demolishing the old set up I took my AC Cobra out for a cruise today.... got a lot of attention but tried to act like it twern't nuttin..... kept it under the speed limit, mostly....

How bout some pics?
Posted By: rong Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22

Skeen's spot on.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Mumbly peg.

In a feed lot

With bare feet...

Blindfolded.

Drunk
Posted By: antlers Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by rong
Loving one’s wife even as the dementia progresses. Answering the same questions repeatedly and not loosing patience. Still finding ways to make her laugh and putting one’s desires aside to make her feel safe and loved despite the confusion she faces daily. I hope I can be that man. Some days it’s hard.
Skeen's spot on.
Yes he is. There ain’t no crammin’ for a test of character. It always shows up as a pop quiz. Kudos to mart, stxhunter, and all others here who are dealing with…or have dealt with…such difficult circumstances involving loved ones.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Hope you don't mind, antlers, I'm throwing that pearl of wisdom in my signature.

It will help me every day more than you could ever know. Thanks.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
5sdad: Gun collecting?
Hold into the wind
VarmmintGuy
Posted By: slumlord Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
Charring the flesh of fowl and swine
Posted By: tikkanut Re: What manly activity ... - 07/02/22
But

have ya all cleaned your whole house AC unit for the upcoming summer ?

The fins ?? Simple job

Was going to to do the mini split next...

but poured a drink instead
Posted By: Sheister Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22

How bout some pics?

[img]http://imageshack.com/f/pnRFRkm0j[/img]

Can't figure out why my Imageshack pics won't post here. I thought I had it down for a while, but things have changed somehow...
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'll ask for a good recipe for bull calf testicles. laugh
i have one for heifer calf testes.
Posted By: DMc Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I've got one in the yard needing some new boards before I put it out back by "Katie's Tree". My wife just scattered Katie's ashes out there last week, the tree was her favorite on to go explore around and mark the area. So now it's known as Katie's Tree. Gonna put the bench out there for my wife to go have her tea there with her special dog.

Thanks for the reminder.
It was a fun project. You will enjoy restoring it.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22
I have to clean up my own downed trees......... and I ain't 70 any more.

Attached picture IMG_2718.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2702.jpg
Posted By: RiverRider Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22

How bout some pics?

Can't figure out why my Imageshack pics won't post here. I thought I had it down for a while, but things have changed somehow...

Nice. Is it a replica or original AC Cobra? What's under the hood?
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I vote for caber tossing.

It's pretty manly:

Oh wait, seems wimmins do that too (with Stars and Stripes undies even!)

I was in the Highland games for a few years. Caber Toss was the most fun of the events. My least favorite was the weight toss. try grabbing onto a 56 pound weight, spin then throw it. That's a manly activity, especially if pain makes it manly.
Posted By: kragman1 Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22
Leanin' waaay back in your hunting/fishing pics...
Well, since we couldn’t find a willing bear to wrestle, we’ll have to settle with shooting my .500 S&W mag after a few knocks of bourbon and a friendly round or three of “Lawn Dart Chicken”.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22
Originally Posted by Toddly
[Linked Image from ]

I miss being able to do wood, I really enjoyed it.
Posted By: Sheister Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22

How bout some pics?

Nice. Is it a replica or original AC Cobra? What's under the hood?

Scratch built replica- but not a kit car. Carbon fiber body molded from an original and original style chassis. 351W stroked to 393- abou525 FW hp... about 2200 lbs full of gas.
Posted By: ironbender Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22
[Linked Image from ]
Poor Paul. Doesn’t get wood any more.
🤨
standing up while peeing...makes wife mad everytime we go into the woods
Posted By: akrange Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22
[Linked Image from ]
Poor Paul. Doesn’t get wood any more.
🤨

The Germans have realized their going to Freeze their Pussies off this Year ..
No Fireplaces to Sell .. No Wood ..
Plenty of Lesbo Greens ..
Expect race riots at our southern border with all those Milky Whites Tofu Hun’s dashing for their Lives looking for a place to keep their PO PO warm on those Winter Nights
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22
My wife's father and his brothers shot cans off each others heads with .22s when they were kids. It's a miracle she was ever born...
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22
Going to the gun club to work with the Swift I just built, fling some arrows in me back yard...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: efw Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22

Prayers for you and your wife

A lotta great manly stories here but this one is the best so far.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22
Went shootin’ 3X last week, loaded 200 .357s, sprayed my fruit trees, and drank rum every night.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Mumbly peg.

Anyone still play it?

Wearing Steel Toes?
Cutting your own firewood?

How about earning a living for your family, fixing or building the things
around the house. (While teaching the family so they can be self reliant
without you) Raising your kids, loving them, guiding them, preparing them
to move on without you. Teaching them to be honest, productive members of society, with enough attitude to stand up for what's right.

Winner
Posted By: shrapnel Re: What manly activity ... - 07/03/22
This is what I do, every week several times at least. I do need to have lots of ammo to keep up...

Cool!!
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: What manly activity ... - 07/04/22
Well , ya got me beat by a long shot shrapnel
But I did have farmer take me a couple days ago and show me around a farm that he wants groundhogs gone from .
Also spotted a good herd of deer , a few decent bucks .
He says he’s ok about that too , but I’ll believe that when I got an arrow stuck in one .
He has B.S.ed me about deer hunting before .
Then after groundhogs we’re anilated there suddenly came problems with his daughter-in-law .
This might be different, hopefully.
But I ain’t turning down a good groundhog shoot
Kenneth
Posted By: RS308MX Re: What manly activity ... - 07/04/22
Making a spontaneous decision.
© 24hourcampfire