Home
Posted By: Cheesy NOCO boosters on sale on Amazon - 07/12/22
I know Amazon is the devil.

NOCOs 30-45% off depending on model.

Picked up another to have one in each vehicle. Usually throw one in boat just in case.
What the 'H" is NoCo you ask......hope this spares some Googling -

NOCO makes very small, powerful, battery chargers for 6 and 12 volt automotive batteries. Extremely cool and VERY cheap at Amazon right now.

Good call Cheesy, if I didn't already own something similar- or if I had a boat in dock or a shop as well as a garage- the price makes it silly not to get one.
I have a 4 bank in the boat. Excellent chargers.
I was skeptical, but the little turd seems to work well. Charging/maintaining, it's keeping up after a month of use.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I don't have any of the maintainers, just a GB40 booster pack for whent he battery is dead. Have used it on the 4-wheeler, lawnmower, V8 and smaller gas engines. A GB40 isn't big enough for my diesel truck, but I did buy an Avapow branded higher amp rated one that is.

NOCO GB40
I have one that I've used several times on my diesel tractor. I have been very favorably impressed by it.
Groan...

Already spent 14 bucks on 60 bucks worth of schit on Amazon's Prime Day cash extraction sale this morning.

62,000 reviews on the NOCO 1000 amp boost start box say its OK, Humm....Ain't got one...
I have one for my RV and it maintains the batteries at peak optimum power.
I have one and as small as it is, it is very impressive! Holds a charge forever! I keep it on the boat in Summer and truck the rest of the year. It has started a lot of vehicles!!
Come on, somebody tell me they suck and save me $70
Buy the biggest one you can afford. The 1000 amp is fine for small engines but the 4000+ amp will jump start most anything up to an 8 liter diesel.
$239.00 for the 4250amp unit???
I don't have that many dead batteries!
Originally Posted by JeffA
Come on, somebody tell me they suck and save me $70

Read the reviews, you'll save your money.
these are handy when especially for batteries in a tight spot to charge

Permanently attach to posts...plug into the charger quick connect cord

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
400P for $167

I've had nothing but failures with NOCO chargers. They build absolute Junk.
Originally Posted by tikkanut
these are handy when especially for batteries in a tight spot to charge

Permanently attach to posts...plug into the charger quick connect cord

Yep - my bike came with a similar style thing. I plug a tender on it all winter - fires up immediately in spring then.
I use a CTEK charger on all my batteries these days. It’s been fine….
I keep one in my truck, F250 diesel, and one in my wife’s daily driver truck. Both have been good products, just recharge after use or every couple of months if not used and buy one with more than enough cranking amps.

For diesel trucks, make sure to order the unit with well more than enough cold cranking amps, the 4250 amp works well and provides more than one use if needed. A larger amp unit will start smaller engines, but not vice versa.
That NOCO I'd need is like $206....

I doubt I'd ever get that much use out of it.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

My place on a client’s ranch is five miles off pavement to our house and up to another five or more miles to areas where we hunt. I’ve had to walk home before due to a dead battery. After that bought the NOCO and it is well worth the price when needed.

Same for the wife’s vehicle. She can hook it up and go without needing to involve a stranger.

They are cheap insurance, if and when needed, and handy too for starting other equipment.
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

My place on a client’s ranch is five miles off pavement to our house and another five or more miles to areas where we hunt. I’ve had to walk home before due to a dead battery. After that bought the NOCO and it is well worth the price when needed.

Same for the wife’s vehicle. She can hook it up and go without needing to involve a stranger.

They are cheap insurance, if and when needed, and handy too for starting other equipment.

There is that.

Thanks!
You’re welcome. 👍
This thread just cost me money. Got the GB70.
These noco jump boxes are worth every penny at full price.
I purchased the GB 40s for all the boys for Christmas before last.

And the HD GB 70 for self and a second for the eldest Grandaughter when she was headed to the other end of the statevfor College.

The Noco booster will start my Honda Accord, or 6.0 Chevy in thirty seconds.

Vs 15 minutes on a 50 amp charger before I can spin the motor over.

The booster has prevented me being tardy at work at least three times in the last year.

I might just buy a charger/maintainer for: Two batteries on the boat, one a deep cycle, two deep cycles on the trailer, and one more deep cycle on the PU camper.
Audew tested better
Do they make one that will fire up my chainsaws?
Friends gave my daughter one for Christmas a few years ago. Called it a boyfriend in a box.
I bought one. The one that says it does 8 liter gas engines and 6 liter diesel. I think it’s GB70, 2000 watt or something like that. Seemed to be a good deal after checking prices. I also had 41 dollars in points on my Amazon credit card.
We bought 1600A DBPower unit, used it once on a V6 Honda then she charged her phone.
It still had well over 70% charge left.

DbPower is also on sale
I bought a GB40 in '19 for a motorcycle trip to some very remote areas of Canada. I have been overly impressed. It won't always boost my big diesels but sometimes all they need is a little help if the battery isn't stone dead.
Time to go shopping again.
Originally Posted by jeffbird
You’re welcome. 👍

I went ahead and ordered that after watching a couple of YouTube reviews starting diesel engines with no battery connected.

Can't hurt to have around. smile
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I know Amazon is the devil.

NOCOs 30-45% off depending on model.

Picked up another to have one in each vehicle. Usually throw one in boat just in case.

Thanks, that cost me two bills. Picked up the gb20 and gb70.
Scored...

Neighbor had 3 and gave me a 1000amp booster.

He's a hoarder.

Gotta little truck with a 3.7 liter in it, should work for that.
© 24hourcampfire