Home
Corporate, out of the blue, of the goodness of their heart, handed out bonus checks to each of us.

Based on years of sevice, my bonus was just a bit better than three weeks wages.

This ungrateful bunch will probably consider it a precedent, and expect the same every year.
Boners are good.

So's bonuses!
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Corporate, out of the blue, of the goodness of their heart, handed out bonus checks to each of us.

Based on years of sevice, my bonus was just a bit better than three weeks wages.

This ungrateful bunch will probably consider it a precedent, and expect the same every year.

you need to buy guns , i have a few : MP perfformance center 9mm , ruger 22 lr , Bergara HMR 6.5 CM
Posted By: rong Re: pleasant shock at work today - 07/14/22
What ?! no jelly of the month club? grin
Congrats
Posted By: Owl Re: pleasant shock at work today - 07/14/22
Hey, you might be able to fill your truck up all they way this week... Congrats
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Boners are good.

So's bonuses!

Both should happen more than once a year.
Originally Posted by persiandog

you need to buy guns , i have a few : MP perfformance center 9mm , ruger 22 lr , Bergara HMR 6.5 CM
While I would welcome the chance for a f2f, I am not currently in the market to purchase firearms.

I am looking at cordless remote steering and throttle for the 20 hp kicker on the boat, after I get finished paying sales tax on Momma's newer $20K RV.
great news!
They wanted to make sure that you didn’t use gas prices as an excuse to play hooky ..😊
I am not currently in the market to purchase firearms.

You'd better get to the doctor, there's something seriously wrong with you!
Posted By: gunzo Re: pleasant shock at work today - 07/14/22
Had an owner of the Co. I worked for approach me after a meeting & ask me if I'd looked at my profit sharing check.

I told him, no sir I haven't but I appreciate whatever I get no matter how much.

He insisted I look & it was 10 times my rate, I'd been moved up. That was a mile stone.

But my second line says it big time for me... to a point. If it's extra, hell yeah!
Hit Vegas this weekend
My first thought would have been; "What's the catch here?"
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Boners are good.

So's bonuses!

Both should happen more than once a year.
Someone, nominate this guy for President!
Boners are good.

So's bonuses!

I'm retired, on SS, had prostate cancer.

I don't get either. frown frown

wink
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Hit Vegas this weekend
Not in this lifetime. I refuse to even purchase lottery tickets.

The crowds in Boise Id make me nauseous.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Boners are good.

So's bonuses!

I'm retired, on SS, had prostate cancer.

I don't get either. frown frown

wink
Cheer up.

Supposedly we get an increase in our SS checks next year!

Screw the youngsters, I want mine NOW!
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I am not currently in the market to purchase firearms.

You'd better get to the doctor, there's something seriously wrong with you!

Learned a long time ago, you can only spend a dollar once. At THIS point in time, I have other priorities which include spending time in the mountains and on the lake with the 10 grandkids who are growing up too fast.

One is 20, but she is a total fishing freak.
Two graduated this year, one next year, two the year after. As grandparents, we have a limited amount of time to influence and enjoy them before life happens.
i think ffls fees for seniors are unfair.
They might be watching to see who bitches about their Share......I would, if I had lay-offs looming in the future....
Lay-offs, around here? Not likely. The crews are averaging 60 hr weeks with 72 hrs a common occurrence.

We have been trying for several years to find personnel to fill out a third shift and make thos 72 hr weeks into 48s. But available workers, simply are not.

We asked the employment service to find us six people two weeks ago, four showed up for orientation. two weeks later one is left. We asked for six more last week. We got zero.

Other employers in this area pay comparable wages, but nobody matches our benefits.
15 days sick/year with accrual. 20% matching on 401K, good pension, sliding rate for vacation up to 200 hrs/yr @ 20 years service, wholly paid Blue Cross with $450 deductible and $1900 max out of pocket/year.

I am retiring in a few months with about 2080 hrs of accrued vacation which will be paid out as one year's wages on the day of retirement.

Fugging lazy asses coming out of school would rather live in Momma's basement and suck tiity than get out and become someone. All they seem to need is an allowance sufficient to keep them in video games and maybe pot or booze.

Has anyone said lately, this nation is well and truly fugged?

I know we are looking to invest heavily in automation and reduce manpower to a minimum. Then people cry, "Why can't I find a job?"
I know we are looking to invest heavily in automation and reduce manpower to a minimum. Then people cry, "Why can't I find a job?"

what kind of automations ?
Packaging, casing, and palatalizing of 2# through 50# food items.
The market whether it’s the job market or the housing market is driven by money. From the owner or shareholders all the way down to the “lowliest” worker the driving motivation is money. Companies that can’t find workers are simply not paying enough. I don’t care what anyone thinks the particular job classification is “worth” on an hourly basis, if you can’t attract employees it’s because you ain’t paying enough! Simple economics that post-scamdemic companies have forgotten.

You work for a smart employer. Wish I did.
My employer is awesome. We get two bonuses a year and mine typically adds up to about 12% of my base income. To top it off they dumped about eight grand into my 401k a couple of weeks ago as an additional bonus. They'll have to drag me outa there with a team of stout mules!
Originally Posted by RiverRider
My employer is awesome. We get two bonuses a year and mine typically adds up to about 12% of my base income. To top it off they dumped about eight grand into my 401k a couple of weeks ago as an additional bonus. They'll have to drag me outa there with a team of stout mules!

Get me an application? Lol
Some commie will be along shortly to tell you that you shouldn't be bragging about making money.
© 24hourcampfire