Home
Posted By: krp How often do you eat meat... - 07/17/22
Today I got to thinking, I eat meat almost every meal... sometimes for lunch I'll have a peanut butter sandwich or cheese crisp, but usually there's meat. This morning with the grandkids I made bacon and sausage, hamburgers for lunch, they went home and I made tacos for the wife.

Beef, pork, fish, chicken, usually something in there somewhere.

Kent

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I ate my first meal without meat in years. My neighbor had fresh corn , cucumber, zucchini, and tomato. It was elegant.
Every meal.

And I love vegetables.
Pretty soon, all of us will be answering.... "when we can afford it.."
Maybe two meals a week, only dinners, include meat for me.
Posted By: krp Re: How often do you eat meat... - 07/17/22
I made salsa so we had veggies...

I eat one or two meals a day. Almost always have meat.
If it's just the wife and I we are down to two meals a day... grandkids are always starving so it's 3 with them... and snacks.

Kent
All I eat is meat, eggs, nuts, salads, fritos, etc..
Pretty much every meal.
Just about every meal... I love vegetables too, But if i don't get meat i am not satisfied, Still hungry... Maybe I'm a Cat?...
Posted By: hanco Re: How often do you eat meat... - 07/17/22
Every day
Daily.
I try to limit meat to two meals a day. Usually yogurt for breakfast, smoked salmon for lunch, something different for dinner. Tonight was chicken. Brats and Dollies last night
At least two meals a day, sometimes three.
As often as I can Kent!! Haha
Most everyday but usually only at dinner during M-F. Weekends breakfast meat sometimes.

Whole lot less than I use to.
Usually twice a day, breakfast and dinner.
I eat less meat now also, but just portion size, wife and I will split a steak now...

Elk meat lasts much longer now.

Fish is probably the only thing we eat the same amount of.

Kent
I take pride in the fact that I harvest most of the meat that we eat here at the house. Only exception is poultry. I usually kill 5 deer every season, who knows how many pigs (enough to keep us in pork) and I fish often, bringing home a meal or two worth most every time I go out.
Now that I’ve gotten in to elk hunting the deer will be in less danger in years I get my elk.
That said, we only eat beef when we are visiting friends or out to eat.

I eat meat at least two of my main three meals. Sometimes I keep bucksticks or dried sausage as snack a for the day while
I’m at work or out hunting/fishing/hiking/exploring.

Eat lots of fruits, veggies and salads too. And pasta, dairy… We eat it all.
We raise our own steers
So beef every day for me.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
All I eat is meat, eggs, nuts, salads, fritos, etc..

Every meal. My food eats Salad. 😜
I might eat one meal per month that doesn’t have meat in it.
Pretty rare for me to not have meat with every meal. Only time it happens if its really hot and I'm not really hungry.
Pretty much every meal, one way or another.
PBnJ sandwich washed down with a glass of milk is my only vegan speed meal option......that doesn't happen often.
A couple times a month.
I've been eating one meal a day, so once a day, have lost about 15lbs.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I've been eating one meal a day, so once a day, have lost about 15lbs.

The wife’s doing OMAD. I do sometimes, but usually have something in the evening, salad, nuts, or a few rye crackers with cheese. She’s down 22lbs; I’m down 38-40, depending on the day, activity etc. I was staying under 20 carbs, but have been cheating just a bit, mostly with our home-grown fruit, so progress is stalled.

Meat is chicken, fresh pork, caught and frozen fish, shrimp, venison, some ham, bacon, sausage. She eats some tofu (blecch!). Not much beef unless we make a Costco run. Grocery store beef usually sucks.
At least every day.
Twice a day, every day.
meat every meal. A lot of fish, venison, wild hog. Beef from a local market that sells fresh local cow.
About once a week at home, but eggs and/or dairy products most every day. I’ve never had the patience to be much of a cook, the microwave is my friend.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
About once a week at home, but eggs and/or dairy products most every day. I’ve never had the patience to be much of a cook, the microwave is my friend.

+1. I might eat red meat once a week. I have an exceptional cook chef at home grin

Every Vegan I know and there are quite a few , look sickly and have pasty skin.
A lot less than I thought during the week. I didn't realize the only "meat" meal during the week is supper, not by design to avoid it but for ease of implementation.

Mon through Friday is generally:
Breakfast - greek yogurt with whey protein and dried bluberries
mid-morning - 2 eggs
lunch - Salmon or tuna, with whatever else is available.
mid-afternoon - 2 eggs
Supper - usually a massive amount of food with some type of meat....whatever my wife makes. Most often it's venison or venison mixed with something.
bedtime - cottage cheese

Weekends are pretty much anything I get my hands on, as much as I can eat, as often as I have the opportunity. It's often meat at every meal. I don't cull or limit anything at supper and on the weekends.

Were I to limit portions and watch what I eat as supper and over weekends I'd probably make a really nice underwear model.....aside from the wooly mammoth cloak on my back, shoulders, and chest...
Daily. Shrimp, chicken, and halibut yesterday, flatiron steak this evening.
Every goddam day.
Daily, typically 2 meals have meat. Breakfast can be cereal, oatmeal, yogurt ect.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Monday through Sunday.
What the hell meal doesn’t include meat?
I work 10-12 a day 6 days a week. Protein is important. Almost as important as alcohol.
Weirdo's don't eat meat.
About every four hours while awake...
Nearly every day.

Very seldom for breakfast or lunch during the work week.
For breakfast on the weekends about 50% of the time.
Posted By: KFWA Re: How often do you eat meat... - 07/17/22
not a conscious decision but often I just grab cereal or toast for breakfast. On the weekends we usually have meat with breakfast.

I grew up in the house where a meal wasn't a meal if there wasn't meat on the table. Spaghetti with meat sauce didn't count either.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
I am really not satisfied with a meal without meat.
I only eat about once a day. I’d like for meat to be there but sometimes I get sidetracked.

Like yesterday my only actual sitdown meal was a big bowl of cucumbers and tomatoes with italian dressing.

Had about 4 peanut butter cookies coming out from the garden.

Sitting there trying to eat and got this woman telling me “ok lets go, we got be in Hopkinsville Ky, then this, here, there, hurry up and chew”
That's why so many went to Australia and New Zealand.

Instead of meat a couple times a week in London...you could have meat at every meal in Australia.
everyday..........

prob more chicken than anything....in one way or another

Today.....steaks on the grill......
Usually once a day, sometimes more.

Usually have a light breakfast consisting of cherry tomatoes, yogurt, cottage cheese, juice and a mug of green tea.

If I go out for breakfast, I have bacon or ham.

Usually have a burger for lunch.

Dinner is a toss up. Might skip it, if I had a late lunch.

Virgil B.
Put myself on a Gen McChrystal diet about a year ago. I eat meat and a bunch of other stuff once a day, 0400. My old injuries and joints love me.....lost over 30 lbs now and still need to drop 20 more!
Originally Posted by deflave

Ex girlfriend?
Frequently with lots of salads.
Posted By: 673 Re: How often do you eat meat... - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by deflave
That stopped after the wedding.
There is a rural diner out this way , edge of the highway.

I grumble when I go by there really early if we are headed out on a trip.

I mean seriously….how-why-who the fouck needs eggs,bacon,waffles, grits,hashbrowns, gravy, biscuits, coffee and juice at 5:40 AM??

Gawd

Even when I was roofing for 15 years and doing big strong boy type contracting work. (Not sit on your ass on a Bobcat) type work.

Even then, no breffuss…fugg alla that BS, it was an all out bust ass to get on that roof and go like an animal till at least noon. THEN…we’d come down and go take a break.
THEN…you had to fuss with the masses all in line at the grub joint. Who…were prolly the chow sucking ass holes with 4 lbs of breakfast still in their crops. All hungry from their carbed-out pancreas kicking their ass.

It boggled my mind.
3 times a day, 7 days a week.
Originally Posted by troublesome82
Put myself on a Gen McChrystal diet about a year ago. I eat meat and a bunch of other stuff once a day, 0400. My old injuries and joints love me.....lost over 30 lbs now and still need to drop 20 more!
Only eating 1x per day?
Posted By: EdM Re: How often do you eat meat... - 07/17/22
A few times a week.
Posted By: skeen Re: How often do you eat meat... - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by krp
How often do you eat meat...

Every. Single. Day.
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by krp
How often do you eat meat...

Every. Single. Day.

My grandma refused to serve (or eat) a meal that didn't include meat and my uncle absolutely refused to eat any meal that didn't have meat as the primary component. My grandma survived a concentration camp and my uncle survived a few months in the Burmese jungles after his B-25 was shot down towards the end of WW2. He had to survive on whatever plants he could scrounge and bugs, as he evaded the Japanese. My grandma survived on whatever rations the Nazis gave her, and from what I've heard it was basically some type of thin cabbage or potato soup with maybe a few bugs/maggots added for protein.

It says a lot that folks that have faced death and survived go on to do certain things with their lives, and it always seems to be the case that they want to enjoy their food, and they love fatty meat in particular, no matter what the "experts" say.
PETA aka People Eating Tasty Animals

Every chance I get!!
Average about twice a day.
Twice a day except those days where I eat it x3.
Posted By: las Re: How often do you eat meat... - 07/17/22
Yer all gonna die! smile

Fish or meat (game, pork, chicken) most every dinner. Combo pizza (once per week, plus leftovers) counts, right ?

The occasional bacon breakfast. Maybe a meat sandwich once a week.

I don't eat much breakfast, if at all- usually oatmeal or dry cereal, often skip lunch or have a PBJ. Dinner is the main meal, which invariably (almost) is meat or fish.

And ice cream. Always ice cream!
Typically twice a day. Breakfast is always bacon and eggs, sausage and eggs or ham and eggs. For lunch usually just a garden salad and supper meat and vegetable.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I mean seriously….how-why-who the fouck needs eggs,bacon,waffles, grits,hashbrowns, gravy, biscuits, coffee and juice at 5:40 AM??

Pretty much every meal.
If theres no meat involved its not a meal, its a snack until the real food gets here.
Daily. Pretty much equally split between beef, pork, chicken, and fish/seafood.
Two or three times a day.
Everyday, but not every meal. I don't eat breakfast and usually have meat at lunch and/or dinner. But lately dinner has been half runners, tomato, cucumbers, sometimes corn on the cob. Summertime special.
Everyday
Every time I eat.
Every meal
Every day but today all Ive had is a chunk of salmon w a late lunch.

Eat about twice a day
You know me, whaddaya think, Kent -
Actually - may skip beef or pork 1 or 2 meals a week.
Summmertime, a little more - a cool chef's salad hits the spot, now and then.
Overall, Angus is GOOD!!! smile
Come to think of it, there's usually ham and turkey on my salad. smile
I eat One Meal A Day & it is meat 98% of the time.
Posted By: TXRam Re: How often do you eat meat... - 07/18/22
For me, its not a meal without some kinda dead animal, bird or fish. I eat one of ‘em 99% of lunches & dinners and most weekend breakfasts. I don’t even like eating eggs without bacon, ham or sausage. Weekday breakfasts (while working) are usually yogurt or a protein drink and some almonds, etc.
Every single meal.
Carbs are the enemy.
My life took a huge change for the better when I killed the carbohydrates.
A1c went from 8.5 to 5.
Waist went from 38 to 34...33's fit.
Light on my feet, endurance is great.
Love life improved dramatically...everything radically improved.
Yeah, I preach it...because it works like nothing else.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Every single meal.
Carbs are the enemy.
A1c went from 8.5 to 5.

Hell yeah... good job Sal
Every day.

Gawd

Even when I was roofing for 15 years and doing big strong boy type contracting work. (Not sit on your ass on a Bobcat) type work.

Even then, no breffuss…fugg alla that BS, it was an all out bust ass to get on that roof and go like an animal till at least noon. THEN…we’d come down and go take a break.
THEN…you had to fuss with the masses all in line at the grub joint. Who…were prolly the chow sucking ass holes with 4 lbs of breakfast still in their crops. All hungry from their carbed-out pancreas kicking their ass.

It boggled my mind.

I eat first thing when I wake up. I'm starving. I'm an ill SOB before eating. I can't imagine no breakfast. I'd have multiple homicide charges on my rap sheet if I tried to live without breakfast.
Krp: I am a carnivore (sometimes an omnivore!) - I eat meat eva'day!
Therefore I am.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Every meal.

And I love vegetables.

this
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Gawd

It boggled my mind.

I eat first thing when I wake up. I'm starving. I'm an ill SOB before eating. I can't imagine no breakfast. I'd have multiple homicide charges on my rap sheet if I tried to live without breakfast.

I might be weird or metabolically retarded. Renegade50 quick to blame my meds but my apatite always been like this.

Worse now. I don’t even get hungry till about 2-3pm.

My dad has “fits” like a child if we go somewhere and he can’t get something. I should video him and show him how ridiculous he looks. He got all pissy and agitated. I guess I make him feel like chit for having to stop twice for him to eat something before I want anything.

I told him we gonna have start packing a diaper bag with a sippie cup, a few capri suns, cheese sticks, crackers, raisins. LOL. He didnt think that was humous. 😀
Very rare for me not to include meat or fish in every meal except breakfast. I usually have a blueberry, spinach and almond milk smoothie for breakfast in warmer weather. Eggs and avocado and tomato in the cooler months.
A big breakfast just slows you down.
And If I don’t eat at 2-3pm…by 4pm…I’m not more hungry.

I’m pukey and then won’t feel like eating to the next day.

Been a few times I’ve been 4-7 days nothing to eat.

Did 11 days Oct 2020

Did 20-21 days Nov 2016

I got a little *** they put in my medical records for that run. 😳 “change in mental status” LOL 🤣🤣🤣

I’d like to snatch up one of the hunger strike homos/activists and see what they’re really made of. Jump in my back pocket, we can hang out in the barn together. I’ll hold em to their protest 😁
I might be weird or metabolically retarded. Renegade50 quick to blame my meds but my apatite always been like this.

Meds....yeah. There's this thing locally known as "Sand Mountain Slim Fast". Little something that's cooked up at home. Folks on seem to have a lot of success in weight loss and diet suppression....seem to have a lot of success in loosing teeth to. ...grin....

I just ate my 3rd meal of the day.

Gawd

It boggled my mind.

Bingo!

I can remember as a kid rushing to church without much breakfast or anything to eat. Would fidget, squirm, not follow along with Mass, the old man would have to whack me a coupla times. everything better after getting some food in me.

Later, got kicked out of English class in HS for eating cornnuts. Had to have a snack by 0900 and they didn't give us enough time between classes.

Have to keep jerky or granola bars in the car in case we're driving and I need to eat.

Docs say borderline hypoglycemic. Once, had a regular breakfast, then at 0900 a grapefruit. By 1130 I was feeling it and a coworker who had some glucose test strips said I could use one to test, I was down to 70 already.

You really don't want to be around me much if I haven't eaten in 4 hours.
Re: the OP question.

a few times a week at least.

Chicken more frequently, as that's what my wife prefers.

When we first got together she once asked "What do you want for dinner?"

I told her "something with meat in it"

She said "We just had chicken yesterday"

I told her "That's not meat. That's poultry, it's even in a different cooler at the store. Meat comes from an animal with hair, not feathers"

Once a week or so I'll dig beef out of the freezer. And there's bacon some mornings with the cackleberries from the Gulag.

Thanks for the reminder, time to get something out of the freezer in the garage. Maybe grill tomorrow or Wed.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
A big breakfast just slows you down.
I suppose it depends. At the height of my weightlifting, I'd eat 9 egg whites, and 3 whole eggs for breakfast. Though it was hard to eat, it didn't slow me down much. I sure would not have run a race afterwards. Not for an hour or so, anyway!
Posted By: MAC Re: How often do you eat meat... - 07/18/22
Daily.
Every day Kent (protein anyway)

We love garden produce & vegetables too.

For us, it's about the proteins portion size.
I am a carnivore at heart.
My favorite show on the Outdoor Channel i

MEAT EATER
Posted By: las Re: How often do you eat meat... - 07/19/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Gawd

It boggled my mind.

Bingo!

I can remember as a kid rushing to church without much breakfast or anything to eat. Would fidget, squirm, not follow along with Mass, the old man would have to whack me a coupla times. everything better after getting some food in me.

Later, got kicked out of English class in HS for eating cornnuts. Had to have a snack by 0900 and they didn't give us enough time between classes.

Have to keep jerky or granola bars in the car in case we're driving and I need to eat.

Docs say borderline hypoglycemic. Once, had a regular breakfast, then at 0900 a grapefruit. By 1130 I was feeling it and a coworker who had some glucose test strips said I could use one to test, I was down to 70 already.

You really don't want to be around me much if I haven't eaten in 4 hours.

I have a son who must eat every few hours. Regardless. At least 4 times daily, plus snacks. Took my eating habits a bit farther, in the other direction, maybe. We have similar builds, but different metabolisms it seems. I can get by on one good meal daily., a bit more if strenuously occupied.

We are both skinny mofos......
Every single meal.
Carbs are the enemy.
A1c went from 8.5 to 5.

All you need to know.

The Food Pyramid is a lie straight outta Hell and Washington, D.C., but I repeat myself……
Posted By: BLG Re: How often do you eat meat... - 07/19/22
Lunch and dinner, unless we are eating seafood.
Breakfast normally is biscuits or pancakes or waffles on the weekends. Breakfast during the week is a POP TART with coffee.

Clyde
i didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat rabbit food!
I eat meat in one form or other every day.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Every single meal.
Carbs are the enemy.
A1c went from 8.5 to 5.

All you need to know.

The Food Pyramid is a lie straight outta Hell and Washington, D.C., but I repeat myself……

THIS
growing up in the country on farms and still living in the country forever all meals have meat , thank god.
Every single meal.
Carbs are the enemy.
A1c went from 8.5 to 5.

Carnivore eating is where it’s at.
© 24hourcampfire