Home
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Crocs, again - 07/17/22
My multi-year old Walgreens rubber flip flops are about at the end of their lifespan so I need some more casual shoes for summer heat and wearing with shorts (whether above or below the knee).

So, what's the verdict again on crocs?

- Cool footwear both literally and figuratively
- Like dating a fat chick where it's okay as long as no one sees you
- Completely gay

Not talking about cowboy crocs, camo crocs or toothy members of the Crocodylidae family, just plain old dark colored shoe crocs.
Posted By: Brad Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I like them.

But remember, the holes are there because that's where your dignity leaks out.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Absolutely get some. I guess they are cheap, comfortable and quite durable.

Plus...the Killer Dog/Bramble Kicker from the hardest place on earth....New York...hates them and makes an ass out of himself trying to "butch up".

Go for it!
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I've worn out about 10 pairs of them, love em. Even if I didn't I'd get a pair just to piss off that phag from New Yawk.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
That's the 4wd strap. Ya lock it in when needed.

I made fun of them for years until I put a pair on and had to take it all back.

Love em now.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I would never wear those. YMMV.
Posted By: kingston Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Absolutely get some. I guess they are cheap, comfortable and quite durable.

Plus...the Killer Dog/Bramble Kicker from the hardest place on earth....New York...hates them and makes an ass out of himself trying to "butch up".

Go for it!

Who's this from NY?

I hate to say it, but I love my Crocs.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I wear them all the time, year round. If you can find the 'All Terrain' version, they have thicker soles and are better on rocks, plus wearing longer. Adjustable heel straps help, too.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I, too, am late to the Croc party. For years I turned my nose up at them, swore I'd never own a pair.
But my problem is I HATE sandals, the gayest of all footwear!

Well, last summer I bought a pair of Crocs - the fancy ones with an adjustable heel strap. Absolutely the most practical footwear imaginable for wearing in a canoe or my small fishing boat, or on the beach at my gun club.
What's not to like?
Posted By: hookeye Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Have not and will not.
Kid has a pair, says they help her w her health issue (affects feet).

Never worn sandals.

My summer shoes are Keen low hikers.

That’s a spam pocket.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Get some good sandals, Crocs are too hot for all day, they do make pretty good around the house shoes.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I've never owned crocks. I miss the old reef squishy flip flops from back when they were still made in Brazil. I wore out several pairs because my autoimmune disease often causes painful swelling in my feet to where I can't put a normal shoe on. Those squishy reefs were a life saver for years but like many good things they went to China and went crap.

Those of you that hate crocks and would like to see them go away simply need to get me liking them and they'll be gone quicker than crave biltong at Costco.

Bb
Posted By: andy57 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I used to always make fun of those who wore them, finally said screw it who cares what people think. I like them comfortable and light weight. At age 65 other can say I am stupid and I don't care.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Crocs have purpose and function. They’re lightweight, simple to slid into barefooted or with socks.

For any quick hitting chore around the house, from taking the garbage out, to running outside to yell at the dog for trying to fight a tribe of raccoons. They are a great solution.

🦫
Posted By: skeen Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Crocs have purpose and function. They’re lightweight, simple to slid into barefooted or with socks.

For any quick hitting chore around the house, from taking the garbage out, to running outside to yell at the dog for trying to fight a tribe of raccoons. They are a great solution.

🦫

+1
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I would say, get yourself some Crocs. I found them to be comfy on my feet. I let my son try them, he liked them too. So, I bought him some.
When I got mine, they were on sale, got them at a good price.

I also use them while hunting, they don't weigh much. Tie them to my pack, If I need to cross a bit of water, I'm not getting my boots wet.
I think you'll like them.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22

🦫

You could always go socks with birkenstocks and really let the world know you don't care what they think.

Bb
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Totally gay. Anybody who ain't a faag knows it. Course this place is right full of faags so their opinions aint worth shyt.
Posted By: deflave Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Watch the movie Idiocracy.

Note what everyone has for footwear.

That’s your answer.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Don't care what others think about them. A god send for those that suffer from Mortons Neuroma .
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Totally gay. Anybody who ain't a faag knows it. Course this place is right full of faags so their opinions aint worth shyt.

As soon as we start talking about dick suckers look who shows up.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

🦫

You could always go socks with birkenstocks and really let the world know you don't care what they think.

Bb
Those are comfy. Flat wore out a pair of those years ago
Originally Posted by sidepass
Don't care what others think about them. A god send for those that suffer from Mortons Neuroma .

The ol lady has that.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Need to wear protection for the ankles and lower legs along with them - have both crocs and "gaiters".
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

🦫

Bb

Thats a hell of a look.
Used to be lesbians only.
Now the manbun crowd.

Proly get a coupon for em when ya buy certain rifles.
Originally Posted by mirage243

As soon as we start talking about dick suckers look who shows up.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Here's one of those faags now.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I thought we were supposed to hate on Birkenstocks? What happened? Did I miss a memo?
Originally Posted by Dutch
I thought we were supposed to hate on Birkenstocks? What happened? Did I miss a memo?

Dutch, Dutch, you are outing yourself as one of those of us who are not true 'fire members! True members do not need memos nor lists to keep track of what we are to hate; they inherently know.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Crocs.
Why not?
I've had enough orthopedic surgeries on my feet, bending over to tie my boots more than once a day is non-sequitur.
THEREFORE.....as soon as outside chores are complete, I'm in the house, outta boots and into Crocs.

I don't wear them to town unless recovering from some unforeseen surgery.

No "murse".
No "man bun"
No "fanny pack"
No "sandals".
NO "European shoulder bag"!!!!
....but I'll gladly wear Crocs around the house!
Posted By: gunzo Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
WTF is a birkenstock.

I've seen it mentioned before, guess I got ta look it up. Or should I not ?

Crocks around the house or the water in warm weather. Ain't going out in general public in them.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22

Bish, mine are camo.

😂🦫
Posted By: JGray Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I bought my 1st pair a year or so ago. About all I wear now - around the house, running to town, at work, etc. When it snows or I'm up in the hills are about the only time I don't.

I've been having issues with my feet the last couple of years and most shoes/boots make my feet miserable. Crocs don't, so I don't give fug what the haters say. My feet love them...
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22

Posted By: SKane Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by Brad
I like them.

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: MD521 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I was going to buy a pair, but went with L.L. Bean instead
Posted By: Dan700mn Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I wear keen Newports great for at the lake or mowing the yard. On my 5th pair in about 12 years
Posted By: deflave Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by sidepass

This is latin for "no self respect."
Posted By: SKane Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Brad
I like them.

laugh laugh laugh

That's why you get these things that plug the holes. Slows the leakage...
[Linked Image from static.pxlecdn.com]
Posted By: K1500 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
If you like flip flops, Grunden makes really, really good flip flops. I was anti-flip flop until the kids forced a pair of Grunden Deck Boss flip flops on me. Made with sea deck and have real arch support.

Deck Boss
Posted By: rem shooter Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
BE CAREFUL WITH CROCS..I only wear them around house , or get the mail ,not out in public ,have wore no name crocs for 15 years no problem ,, till i bought last pair ,they made my feet break out in a rash had to get ointmet from doctor ,stated when i bought those crocs ,stopped with ointment and wearing socks with the crocs... i am sure they was made in china
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I like crocs. Have two pairs along with a couple pairs of flip-flops and a pairs of sandals.

Even have a pair of leather crocs by Merrell.

Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I like crocs. Have two pairs along with a couple pairs of flip-flops and a pairs of sandals.

Not Crocs. Those a clogs. Designed around the wooden Dutch "sabot".
The rubber (ala Croc's!) version are called "Plogs" and are big in the medical field for healthcare worked who spend the majority of their shift standing or walking.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Keen sandals and Walmart knockoff Crocs are my main Summer wear.
It's 111 here today; I don't think even Blackheart would be wearing his briar kicking boots for long.
Screw what others think, wear what you find comfortable.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I like Sierra Gamekings.
Originally Posted by rem shooter
BE CAREFUL WITH CROCS..I only wear them around house , or get the mail ,not out in public ,have wore no name crocs for 15 years no problem ,, till i bought last pair ,they made my feet break out in a rash had to get ointmet from doctor ,stated when i bought those crocs ,stopped with ointment and wearing socks with the crocs... i am sure they was made in china
Haven't they always been MIC?
[Linked Image from crocs3d.com]
Posted By: Teal Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
They're not for me.

I don't wear shoes/footwear in the house. I jeans, I wear proper type shoes or boots. In shorts - cheap flip flops.
I can't recall ever seeing a man wearing crocs in public around here. Must be a city slicker/metro sexual/man bun/gay thing. I try to avoid such types.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Crocs are good for all the uses above. Great water/boat shoes (they float) and for house shoes.

Downsides: 1 - They can be slickery on boat ramps and such. Fix that by cleaning the soles well and then running beads of hot glue on as "treads". Mine have stayed put for over a year now. 2 - They don't stop thorns and such. Just wear something else if in brambles country.
Originally Posted by martinstrummer

Leather clogs or rubber crocs. Same type shoe, different material.

I have one pair each. The crocs stay by the back door for taking the dog out on the wet grass.
Posted By: CRJ1960 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Best of both worlds, Croc flip flops. Bought these in some mall on the South African Garden Route. Had a blowout on the beach and needed a fast replacement.

Posted By: Clarkm Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
My 66 year old wife and my 2 year old granddaughter wear crocs.

Both can keep up with the group on the trails.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by Dan700mn
I wear keen Newports great for at the lake or mowing the yard. On my 5th pair in about 12 years

That's what I'm talking about, plus they look way better than crocs. I like the concept of crocs, but they look so damn goofy.
Posted By: LBP Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
My multi-year old Walgreens rubber flip flops are about at the end of their lifespan so I need some more casual shoes for summer heat and wearing with shorts (whether above or below the knee).

So, what's the verdict again on crocs?

- Cool footwear both literally and figuratively
- Like dating a fat chick where it's okay as long as no one sees you
- Completely gay

Not talking about cowboy crocs, camo crocs or toothy members of the Crocodylidae family, just plain old dark colored shoe crocs.

I love Crocs and fat chicks!!! 🤤
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Originally Posted by SuperCub

The rubber (ala Croc's!) version are called "Plogs" and are big in the medical field for healthcare worked who spend the majority of their shift standing or walking.

"Sabot" is French, you cultural heathen! wink Dutch would be "klomp", a onomatopoeia or even phonestheme, if you will.
^^ LOL ^^
Posted By: geedubya Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22

Latest pair of offroad Crocs.

ya!

GWB
Posted By: colodog Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
They're nice to have for camp shoes after a day chasing elk or for slumming in the car for a few hours drive.
Posted By: StuckInOhio Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Wonder how many pages this thread will run?
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
I like crocs, they serve their purpose.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
These what you all are talking about?

https://www.crocs.com/p/classic-hemp-leaf-clog/207296.html?cgid=men-footwear&cid=001#start=22

Or these??

https://www.crocs.com/p/product-set-chill-but-lit-pack.html?cgid=men-footwear#&origin=category&srule=EinsteinDefault5050%20(7day)&start=33&sz=36
I'm so old that what they call "Flip-Flops" I still call "thongs".
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by CRJ1960
Best of both worlds, Croc flip flops. Bought these in some mall on the South African Garden Route. Had a blowout on the beach and needed a fast replacement.

I'm getting too old, too. Those things are THONGS.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Flip flops. Sometimes called Zories when I was young.

[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

Thongs. The world has changed, get with the program... wink

[Linked Image from picclickimg.com]
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Thongs. The world has changed, get with the program... wink

[Linked Image from picclickimg.com]

I'm starting a petition for Crocs to start making thongs....... wink
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Who had a pair of the tire tread sandals from Mexico in the 60s/70s?
Originally Posted by FatCity67

yo!

GWB
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
This has been interesting, especially to anybody who remembers previous Croc threads.

So far this appears to be the vote:

Yes--26

No, and never will wear 'em!--4

Yes to something similar, but NOT Crocs!--3
Posted By: CRJ1960 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Remember titties were the real deal, they were made in Pasadena TX where I grew up.

Originally Posted by CRJ1960
Remember titties were the real deal, they were made in Pasadena TX where I grew up.

yup!

At a hole in the wall, IIRC on Houston St. @ Robinhood.

ya!

GWB
Posted By: Backroads Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Oofos slides around the house

Chaco Z2's are the water shoes.
Posted By: hawkeye58 Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
No personal experience with either but I have heard,

"Wearing Crocs is like getting a blow job from a dude...
It feels really good until you look down, and realize how gay you are."
Posted By: BeardedGunsmith Re: Crocs, again - 07/17/22
Better than flip flops I guess. Nobody wants to see gross man feet. Sandals on men make me believe they're the kind of men that taken their wife to a bar to find another guy tofgugg her while they watch.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Crocs, again - 07/18/22
I didn't think I would like them; I had a talk with a young man at church (9YO) he would wear them every Sunday to church, I asked him if he liked those shoes? He said, best shoes he had ever warn. His mother said he loves them. He talked me into getting some. Yes, I did like them.
I thought, maybe that's all he had and no $ for another pair of shoes. I would help him get another pair of shoes. He reversed that on me! I was the one who got a new pair of shoes.
They really are comfy on your feet. Good around the house, camping, backpacking and or hunting.

Wish y'all the best.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Crocs, again - 07/18/22
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
This has been interesting, especially to anybody who remembers previous Croc threads.

So far this appears to be the vote:

Yes--26

No, and never will wear 'em!--4

Yes to something similar, but NOT Crocs!--3
Thanks for keeping tabs.

Have a good week.
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Crocs, again - 07/18/22

🦫
I bought a set in Cody Wyoming when we were headed into the park along with a bunch of fly fishing paraphernalia that I left at home because I figured the wife would throw a fit about me fishing while on her vacation. By the time we made it there I was going fishing no matter what and they were awesome fishing in the Lamar River with socks and trying to feed myself the grizzly bears.
Posted By: WAM Re: Crocs, again - 07/18/22
Originally Posted by FatCity67
I think we used to call them “Ho Chi Minh’s”
Posted By: Azshooter Re: Crocs, again - 07/18/22
We older guys might consider what happened to a friend of mine wearing crocs.

He was on his flat dirt driveway stepping out of his car. He took a few steps and his croc slipped and he did the classic banana peal fall. He broke his femur near the hip. Had a pin installed which worked loose and had to have a longer one installed. Then he got a bone infection which haunted him the last 8 years of his life. In and out of facilities to deal with the infection. One time he was kept in for 5 weeks getting antibiotics three times a day intravenously. His pain and suffering not to mention being kept in a facility for weeks at a time, sure has me thinking about footwear!

I am not saying don't use crocs, just be careful as they are slippery as Rocky mentioned earlier.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Crocs, again - 07/18/22
Crocs yes

Not for every occasion but damn good for many occasions.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Crocs, again - 07/22/22
Just got another pair for my birthday. Life is good. smile
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Crocs, again - 07/22/22
Do the hot glue trick I described above. Thank me later.
Posted By: jpb Re: Crocs, again - 07/22/22
I like'em.

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

/John
© 24hourcampfire