Home
I buy, sell and trade often... So I've sold or traded many many guns. (I'm not wealthy enough to keep all the guns I've purchased and I like to sell and trade so I can experience owning / shooting many brands and models.)

What gun have you gotten rid of... That you now wish you would have kept? (No fair saying 'all of them')

Here's mine

- a mint 1914 Mauser chambered in 7.65browning

I didn't even keep a picture of it
Winchester Model 42 Deluxe
My little Marlin .44 saddle gun. Had a parkerized barrel and dark stained walnut stock. Bought it off a fellow instructor my last year in service.
Stevens dbl barrel 410....... Many many yrs. ago.
A Colt Woodsman Match target.
Originally Posted by arkypete
A Colt Woodsman Match target.

Ouch
I keep most of mine but I do regret selling my first handgun purchase, a Ruger 44mag, 10.5 barrel, stainless.
I once had a 1st gen Model Seven in 222 that I regret selling. I thought I needed a 223 more. <dumb>

Also sold a nice Remington 141 in 35Remington with original Lyman rec. sight. <also dumb>
Browning gold 20 gauge
Weatherby vanguard 243
870 my dad bought for me at age 16
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Ouch!
AC code WW2 Walther G43.....
It just wasn't practical to me.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I got 9 firearms.
Core group guns.

If I kept every long gun and handgun I ever had since I was 12.
I would have around 85 to 95 long guns and 25 to 30 pistols.
I grow bored easily with alot of guns and am always interested in something else.
A Marlin 1895 Guide Gun in .45/70 with JM stamped on the barrel. Tried to buy it back from the coworker that I sold it to.....then he changed his mind and decided to keep it. Can't blame him!
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Ouch!

Yeah. I got the itch for a specific gun I wanted and I never shot the 870 very well.

Wow do I feel like an idiot. We all did dumb stuff when we were 23 I guess.
A win. 1886 light weight, in 45-70 built in 1903
HK 91, Rem 700 Classic in 6MM my first bolt gun.
Rigby in 303 British made in 1907..
Kimber model 82 custom classic in 22 hornet. It had great wood and was very accurate.
Quit a few.
Ithaca/SKB Model 100 12 gauge SxS. Didn’t think I would bird hunt anymore.
Back in the early 70's I bought a Colt Python. Traded it for a TC in 30 Herrett...big mistake!!!!
There are about a dozen that come close to equaling my regret for selling this particular gun, but I probably most regret selling my H&K 91 (G3). In the late 1970s I bought one on layaway at a local military style gun store (T&T Gunnary, on Long Island). I paid at total of $600.00 when I made that last payment and was finally able to take it home.

I cannot imagine why I then sold it for what I paid shortly after Reagan left office. The really sad part was that George Bush very quickly outlawed their import (due to their being dangerous weapons of war), and their prices instantly skyrocketed. After that, I don't think you could buy a used one for less than $3,000.00.

Similar story for my Polytech Legends AK-47. I think I paid about $400.00 for it. I sold it a few years later for just a little more than that, and then their import into the country was banned, and today they go for several thousand dollars, just like the H&K 91. They are reputed to have been the highest quality AK variant ever to be imported into the country.
Batavia Baker 12 ga. SxS.
Marlin model 90
Rem 788 in 7/08
Savage 99 in 300 Savage
Savage 93 in 22 hornet. It shot patterns at 100 yards with nosler solid copper bullets. Thought it was a lemon until after I sold it and learned those bullets have a reputation for doing that. Wish I would have shot it more to see what it really could do.
Also my Marlin 256 win mag. Neat little shooter my kids would probably like to plink with now.
Oh well, life goes on.
Golden 39a is the only one.
My first rifle I bought in highschool with my summer ranching money, a 99 in 308 with a redfield scope, bought it for 100 bucks, my dad found it in the classifieds. I killed my first at least 10 bucks with it. I bought a 3006 when I started elk hunting thinking the 308 wasn't enough.

My daughter really wanted a special doll for her birthday, it was 80 bucks back in the late 80s, so I sold the 99 to buy it for her.

About 15 years ago was talking with Enrique and he had an old 99 in 308, pretty much identical to my old one, he wanted to sell, so I bought it and will pass it down to my grandkids.

Kent

PS, in 2010 I killed a cow elk with the 99 just to prove to myself I was a dumbass... again...
I gave my nephew a Ruger RSI chambered in 250 Savage. He turned into a [bleep] and sold it for drug money.
Don’t remember the model , Valmet 308 with flip up night sights and several 20 rd mags .
Got it for around 800 back then , was a shooter , but just couldn’t wrap my head around paying that much for a gun back then .
Had a Norinco AK and a Norinco 1911 .
Most accurate out of the box 1911 I ever had , trigger was rough , but accurate and would feed just about anything .
7.62x39 Norinco was around 50-60 dollars a thousand and was steel core too . Had around ten thousand rds
A milled Norinco SKS .
Dam it !
Kenneth
Thinking about it , I may have not paid 800 for the Valmet, it was around 1980 . Time flies huh ?
The SKS was around 70.00 and the 1911 was something like 179.00 , crazy cheap .
Originally Posted by JDK
I gave my nephew a Ruger RSI chambered in 250 Savage. He turned into a [bleep] and sold it for drug money.
Damn, that's rough
Vintage 1911 in 38 Super. Colt of course. I am not a Colt nut - I don't know when they were shipping them in little cardboard boxes (like a cigar box with a very 50/60's era picture on the outside) but that's the era of this one.
At least this one returned.............

My late father owned a 1950s vintage Remington Model 722 rifle (.300 Savage). I was 12-years old in 1970 when my Dad was stricken with a nassive brain aneurysm the day after Christmas. Sadly, I was never able to hunt with him. My amazing Mother and some family friends filled his shoes, but that’s another story for another time.

I hunted using Dad’s rifle for one or two years, but I am left-handed and was convinced I needed a left-handed rifle. Mom listed Dad’s rifle for sale. Fortunately, one of Dad’s buddies frequently cruised through the newspaper looking for gun deals. He immediately called, urging us to not sell the rifle. Money was sort of tight and I was a persistent young boy, so he bought the rifle and I purchased a left-handed Remington.

It didn’t take too long for me to realize the error of my ways. After graduating high school, I approached my Dad’s friend asking if he’d ever part with the 722. What I didn’t know was, in the years that had passed his home was virtually destroyed by fire. By another twist of fate, prior to the fire he had sold the rifle to another of Dad’s friends as his son’s first deer rifle.

I was pleased to hear the Remington had made it through the fire. For years I would occasionally think about Dad’s rifle. Twenty years later, I contacted the new owner and inquired if he’d ever consider selling the .300 Savage. He said “no”, and my heart sank just a little bit, then he paused and said, “but I’d be willing to trade.” He had moved to Texas and was interested in a long action rifle.

I was happy to acquire a gently used Remington 700 ADL rifle which his parents shuttled to Texas during one of their visits. They returned with my Dad’s rifle which was no worse for the wear. I was almost like a 12-year old boy at Christmas again. With a tear in my eye, I was once again handling the Remington 722. It’s nothing special – the plain walnut stock shows handling marks and the bluing is slightly worn - but the rifle holds tremendous sentimental value to me. The rifle still shoots well, too. I have since harvested a couple deer with the rifle.

Thanks to a couple generous friends and some luck, the rifle returned to our family after a nearly 30 year absence. Our sons have promised to not let “Dad’s deer rifle” ever leave the family.
Browning 3 Pistol Boxed Set 9mm, 380, 25
Browning 1972 Belgium BLR 243
Win XTR Featherweight 7x57 & 257.
Ruger .44 magnum semiautomatic carbine.
M70 Classic stainless FWT in 22-250 from circa '95 or so... Damn...
LC Smith Speciality grade with 2 sets of barrels in 16 gauge, i must have bee out of my mind at the time
Rem 600 6mm
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Ithaca/SKB Model 100 12 gauge SxS. Didn’t think I would bird hunt anymore.

Looks for one in 20ga. You'll be happier with that.
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
LC Smith Speciality grade with 2 sets of barrels in 16 gauge, i must have bee out of my mind at the time

My teeth clenched just reading that.
1942 mfg Browning HP. Tangent sight, stock slot in butt, Nazi Kreigsmarine markings. It was used after WWII by a friend that captured it in the war. My friend carried it when he flew for Air America in the Nam. He gave it to me when he passed. I had to sell it later. Still regret it.
"The one that got away"? I traded a P.O. Ackey 22/250 for a AYE Matador 20 gauge.
I don't suffer regret from any of the guns I've sold.

Its the ones I didn't buy..............
Colt diamond back 38 sp. 4 inch with pac.roundbutt grips. Had to sell it to pay the house rent ,wound up moving 2 months later anyway
No. 4 Enfield, Birmingham Small Arms (BSA), 1943.

Beat up stock, clean bore, accurate.

There once was a time we took surplus Enfields for granted.
Browning BSS Sporter (straight English style stock) in 20 gauge.
a 40X / 6 PPC rifle , shot 2`s and 3`s all day long was alot of rifle for the money. dang it ! but i had a young family with a nice new house kids were small needed milk.
Once had a matched pair.

Colt Python 6" and a Colt Diamondback 6" 22LR. Both Colt royal blue.

Can I count a pair? One major regret! (kicks toe in DIRT!)

Virgil B.
Smith & Wesson Highway Patrolman. I got it when I graduated High School and needed money to finish college.
A Winchester 9422M (22 Mag). Actually, I don’t regret selling it - I regret selling it way too cheaply.
Selling guns is dumb.
Originally Posted by Slope77
A Winchester 9422M (22 Mag). Actually, I don’t regret selling it - I regret selling it way too cheaply.
Yeah, those things are going for a real premium since they discontinued them. I've still got the one I bought in the early 2000s. Love it. Mine's the Trapper Model, and it's in .22 Long Rifle.
Most people regret having to sell something because of the pain associated with a previously stupid or poor decision they made that led up to having to sell said item.

Example:

“Oh wahhh, I had to sell my class ring because I’m a SIMP and ran up $200 long distance phone bill talking to my MID girlfriend in Iowa”

Don’t sell something you cherish. Take squishy ass doen to Labor Ready and screed concrete for a week, go dig bloodroot, haul scrap iron, work some overtime, work a GD Saturday it won’t hurt you. Fall in with nephew’s roofing crew and be ground bitch.
SIMP?

MID?

WORK?
I wouldn't mind having this 22PPC back.

Good thing so many here are giving away financial advice. I almost consulted with an accountant.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Selling guns is dumb.

Maybe my 870 special field.
But I havent hunted rabbits in forever.
Selling guns is dumb.

If I kept em all id have well over 200 LOL
Originally Posted by hookeye
Selling guns is dumb.

And?
Originally Posted by hookeye
Selling guns is dumb.

LOL. This is an issue.
Have sold a handful of them. But the only one that I wish I had back, was a m70 XTR varmint 243. Sold it to make rent.
None that I sold, but 2 that were stolen (separate occasions) out of my truck.
Bicentennial Ruger Single Six 5 1/2"
Tuned S&W M12 snubby, bobbed hammer, and one of the sweetest triggers I've ever used or seen.
Selling guns is dumb.

I tend to agree - I have only sold when I needed money (young dad with a stay-at-home wife in the case of the 9422) or when I was truly done with the firearm (like a Mossberg 835).
What's this "selling guns" you speak of?
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Browning BSS Sporter (straight English style stock) in 20 gauge.

I saw one of those in LL Bean in Maine a few yrs ago. It was well, well used, still tight but showing lots of hard miles. Those are a far nicer gun than the std BSS.

I would have bought it but for being a CDN in a foreign land.
Kimber HS .22
My first 870. I was young and dumb.
Sometimes though, it just becomes “stuff”. I have a Marlin 336, unfired, with original box, etc, that I bought around 2003 or so. I like it, I just never got around to shooting it. I have plenty of other rifles that I hunt with.

They have gone up appreciably in value, and that means it is relegated to being a safe queen - I’m never going to shoot an unfired Marlin 336 at this point.

So it is just “stuff”, taking up space. So the question becomes do you keep carrying the baggage and hope it goes up even more in value? The older I get, the less I like “stuff” that isn’t used.

If you have ever seen the movie Fight Club, there is an awesome line, “The things you own end up owning you.”
Nula in .260 Rem. I didn't really have a use for it anymore, and it needed to be hunted properly. Cool rifle and the design was defiantly ahead of its time.
Like the OP, I want to experience as many different guns as possible. I have neither space nor $ to keep them all so in order to buy, I must sell. Most I don't miss but I really wish I had kept the two model 700 Classics in 6.5x55 and .35 Whelan. They both shot very well, fit me perfectly and comprised a perfect North American two rifle battery.
Originally Posted by Slope77
Selling guns is dumb.

I tend to agree - I have only sold when I needed money (young dad with a stay-at-home wife in the case of the 9422) or when I was truly done with the firearm (like a Mossberg 835).

Something like your Mossberg I would probably just give that to a kid or a friend.
I am in the midst of selling a Win Model 70 "Shot show Special" with a 4X piece of maple on it......haven't even received the check yet and am already crying about it......Just have too many rifles and need to thin the herd a bit.....
A Charter Arms .44 special. The 3 inch Bulldog.

kwg
I still have all the guns given to me as a youngster. I will never sell the guns I got for Christmas or birthdays or whatever before I was a teenager. I sell and trade only the guns I have acquired as an adult on my own.
Ruger 96/44. Loved that little lever gun. Sold it during a moon 🌙 fit!
Nary a regret.

They're just tools to me.
Win 94 classic. 26 inch octagon, good figured stock.

1920 grey winchester 94
1956 win94
Colt Anaconda
Single Six in .32 H&R Magnum
None. That’s the only to build a collection 😁
I had a C grade 700 in 25-06 with a heavy barrel. I sold it like a Dumass. I sold an Iver Henriksen rifle like a Dumass too, but DesertMuleDeer was kind enough to sell it back to me.

I hesitated buying a Keith Stegall 7 mag, gone when I made my mind up to buy it. That bothers me a lot.
Belgium Browning Sweet 16.

Stevens 410 SxS I bought off the neighbor at Christmas. Guy at work wanted one to cut down for a truck gun. What a waste…..

Golden Eagle 12 ga O/U

20 ga H&R Topper Jr., Christmas present from dad when I was 6. Some worthless [bleep] stole it from my truck.
S&W 686 sold for $250 in 1994 because it was too big to conceal.
I didn't sell it, the ex-wife did before I was able to return from Germany after divorce.

Ruger 77 tang safety, 7x57 with Leupold 4x. Absolutely gorgeous stock on that rifle, and shot very well. Think about that one a lot. The old man bought and gave that rifle to me in 1980 or so.
Originally Posted by kennyd
Win 94 classic. 26 inch octagon, good figured stock.

1920 grey winchester 94
1956 win94

want a 1908 M94 30WCF 26" octagon to replace it?
Originally Posted by DaveR
I didn't sell it, the ex-wife did before I was able to return from Germany after divorce.

Ruger 77 tang safety, 7x57 with Leupold 4x. Absolutely gorgeous stock on that rifle, and shot very well. Think about that one a lot. The old man bought and gave that rifle to me in 1980 or so.

That was damn nice of her
Selling guns is dumb.

The first right answer.
Originally Posted by EdM
Selling guns is dumb.

The first right answer.
Was just going to say

"You can sell a gun???"
I sold a couple but don't necessarily regret it. I had an early Rem 700 BDL 7 Rem Mag that I bought new the first year I was in the Army in 72. Used it for several years but it never was a great shooter and I sold it to my oldest brother. He shot several moose with it and a couple deer and passed it down to his son when he quit hunting, so it is still in the family and I see it occasionally during deer season.
Also sold my first rifle to another nephew- a Savage 340 30-30 that I took my first couple deer with. Don't really regret selling either of those rifles to be honest..

The ones I regret selling weren't even my rifles. My inlaws were hurting for money in the 80s and so was I. There was no work and I had a young family to support and couldn't find work no matter how much I tried. So, my inlaws asked me to try to sell my Father in Law's rifles to put some money together for bills they were late on. There was a Trap Door Springfield 45-70, a Mauser 96 6.5 x 55, a beat up old .22 of some denomination that was totally forgettable and the two I hated to sell- a Win 92 in 44-40 Rifle with factory double set triggers and a Marlin 39A in good, but not great shape.
Sold the 39A to a friend for a very fair price at the time and he still has it. I've tried to buy it back a few times but he isn't one to let go of his guns . However, most of my FIL's guns were home gunsmith specials, including the 92 Winchester .which had several extra holes in the side of the receiver for home made side mounts for scopes over the years and other alterations that severely altered its value. But it was still a very rare and cool rifle- a rifle in what was at the time considered a target round in what was considered a target rifle. I would have kept it and had it repaired, welded up the swiss cheese action, and gotten the non working double set triggers fixed, but at the time there just wasn't the money to spare. The gun shop owner I sold the 92 and the Springfield to was a good friend and he gave me very fair prices for both of them so let them go and gave the money to my FIL.
With fewer and fewer places to hunt, selling off firearms is understandable.
I have more guns than I can shoot and more guns than the family can shoot, but there's a reason for each one.

Kent
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Three come to mind.

S&W 686, first handgun I could hit stuff with.

Camo Rem 700 7-08 that was simply all I ever needed.

Kimber of America 82 Sporter 22lr with reverse roll marks on the receiver, gifted by Greg Warne Christmas 1994. It came with a crazy accurate test target.
Or; this one; 40x Sporter Repeater. Only 591 ever produced in the Custom Shop.
I have that gun first one i ever bought with a recommendation from an old at the time friend who was reloading and completely into hunting. My gun is loaded over max and is a deer flooring machine lol.

The original Leaupold vari x 3 scope clunked out cost me a wall mount whitetail. Put a Swarovski on it and Leuapold sent me a brand new scope vari x 3. Mine was 30 years old. Great company great gun same old guy glass bedded it has been amazing. Now i’m the old guy lol
I’m an old guy now too, where did the time go? It has slowed down a little since I retired 6 months ago.
I thought I was replying to a poster with the Rem 700 classic in 6mm. I dont know what I am doing on here lol. That gun was originally offered in multiple calibers like all the rest. I have the 6mm great caliber, great gun. My old friend passed away bless him and I load my own these days if you want to see every deer drop on the spot I had the formula for 40 years.

Sorry for hijacking the thread my answer is i have never sold a gun.
A Winchester Model 70 in .338 Win Mag. I had absolutely no use for it but I bought it NIB at a close out sale for $299 in 1988. It was not a prime example of Winchester quality, at least the wood. It was a terrible fit and finish but at least I would have a .338.
I haven't sold a gun since.
I have never sold a Firearm
I regret having my S&W Model 57 41 Mag. 6" Barrel Chrome Plated Pimp Handgun Stolen
I really miss that Handgun It was my very first purchased handgun for myself.
S&W 4566TSW or my pre-internal lock S&W 686.
Ruger red label 20 gauge with English stock
Originally Posted by huntjinx
Ruger red label 20 gauge with English stock

Ouch! Those were sweet guns. I had a buddy that, if I recall correctly, owned Red Labels in 12, 20, and 28 gauge. I think he sold them all and went all semi auto. To each their own.
Couldn't leave well enough alone in my youth. Let a Sako 75 Hunter in 260 Rem go in trade towards I don't even recall. Stupid.
Should have probably hung onto my Perazzi TMX-L even after giving up registered birds. Same with my 90T HPAR.

Oh well, could find an example of each again if I decide I need it bad enough, just takes money and time.
My one and only full custom Left Hand rifle...

[Linked Image]

LH Zastava action, #2 barrel @ 24", 1:8" twist, chambered 6.5x55, Timney trigger, Gentry 3 pos safety, Fisher bottom metal and grip cap, nice piece of walnut with ebony tip, full wrap checkering and inlet sling swivels, topped with a Leupold Custom Shop 1.5-5x20 with German #4 and CDS. All metal work and wood work by Mr. Kobe. Sold it to pay hospital bills.
1918 Lewis Machine Gun

Tony
H&K P7-M13 that I sold to finance my purchase of a very early Freedom Arms .454 Casull.

Ed
Remington Mohawk 222
A simple synthetic stock Remington 7600 30-06. It was the first gun I bought myself when turning 18. A few years later having a decent collection of rifles I used more, I sold it cheaply to a "friend" who wanted to go deer hunting with us. Said "friend" became a raging drunk and pawned it off for either beer money or lawyer money for one of his DUIs. Have since acquired a few of the same gun but not that actual "one".
Mine all got lost in a boating accident.
My replica 1863 Zouave with Numrich 7 groove barrel that I used to set a couple records at the NMLRA nationals way back in the day. I also used it in offhand and bench matches around the midwest. I made a mount to put a Redfield rear and drilled the barrel for a Lyman aperture front sight for the tough matches.
Couple of deer, many trophies and cups, a freezer full of meat and I got talked out of it.
Minie, roundball, and a Pickett from a mould I made. Shoot em all.
Still looking for another Numrich barrel.
45arc: Oh let me count them ALL up!
But two of them really stick in my craw the painiest.
Back when I was kind of new to "collecting" and I was thinking "short-term" and "making profits" more than rarity or upper-end collectability, I came across and bought 2 (two!) pre-64 Winchester Model 70 Supergrade Africans!
Foolishly I let myself be talked out of them, for a pittance of profit, before I knew just how very rare these collector quality Africans were!
If I recall correctly I made $100.00 on the first African and $150.00 on the other.
They would be worth 8 to 10 times today for what I sold them for back then!
I have been trying to replace an "African" into my Model 70 collection for the last 50 years or so now!
Lesson learned there - I now know that only 0.21% of ALL pre-64 Winchester Model 70's were/are Supergrade Africans (only 1,226 of them ever made!).
Long live The Riflemans Rifle.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Orion2000
My one and only full custom Left Hand rifle...

[Linked Image]

LH Zastava action, #2 barrel @ 24", 1:8" twist, chambered 6.5x55, Timney trigger, Gentry 3 pos safety, Fisher bottom metal and grip cap, nice piece of walnut with ebony tip, full wrap checkering and inlet sling swivels, topped with a Leupold Custom Shop 1.5-5x20 with German #4 and CDS. All metal work and wood work by Mr. Kobe. Sold it to pay hospital bills.

Damn, Orion. I feel your pain on that one. Heck, I would have bought it from you.
1957 vintage pre-29 S & W 4".
3 Nylon 66's - green, brown and black all at the same time.
Shy of sentimental guns or extremely rare ones, all I can really say is go out & replace the regret.

We have so many avenues to look for guns these days. Yep the gun that got away might cost more than what it did when you parted company with it, but hope you're making more than in those times.

frown
I saw everyone else was unarmed , so because of basic human nature, I layed my guns down and walked away.........
Marlin 444 Marlin that I bought new in 1982.
1917 US Enfield (Eddystone) that I had cut/trimmed, flattened, blued and made a new stock for - and it shot lights out with a 6x Weaver scope. Long ago at a gun show in Prescott - saw something I thought that I liked more. Dumb.

Rem 788 in 22/250 - bought used, cleaned it up, shot 60 gr. like magic, easy to handle, not fussy, so much great shooting rifle for the money. Friend wanted a simple and not so expensive varmint rifle - I weakened.
98 Mauser 243 Douglas barrel Bishop stock deer killing machine.
1970s model Remington 700BDL in 6mm Remington.
450 Marlin guide gun. First edition
I traded a model 721 in 300 HH and a 660 mohawk in 243 for a Sedgley Sporter. I sure like that sporter and it was the primary rifle of one of the best big game guides in Alaska but I liked the feel of that 721 and I probably could have found something else to trade. On the other hand I have traded off many pawnshop finds for higher class rifles. I traded a LAW 300 Win with a Swarovski Z3 scope for a Steyr MS 1952 deluxe in 30/06 with a akah mount and a 2-8 Nickles and Marburg scope. The LAW shot nice it was serial number 123 and fulled bedded like the first ones were but I probably could find another LAW rifle if I looked but I doubt that I would find a literally unfired Steyr like that with engraving.

These days I am in my prime.
Weatherby Fiberguard 223
Ruger Hawkeye stainless 223
Sako Forester L579 in .243. I bought it as my oldest sons first deer rifle and killed my biggest buck to date with it. The most accurate rifle I have owned. The wood, fit, and finish were superb. It sat in my safe for some 6 or 8 years unused and I traded it in on an H&K p2000. I went back to the gun shop 4 days later to buy it back and it was already gone.
Toss up.

700 BDL Varmint Special in 243. Was shot out when I got it. Should have just rebarreled it. Was pretty minty otherwise.

Original 700 VLS in 243. These were checkered and had the black grip cap and foreend tip. A lot nicer rifle than the non checkered with beavertail forearm.

Marlin 444 Guide Gun.

I couldn't even begin to tell you what these were traded for.
Originally Posted by SAM50
I had one of those, too. Sold it to my nephew. He still has it.
A Colt Anaconda😰
Ruger 77V in 25-06. MOA unmodified. Full fiddleback stock, front to back.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I had one of those, too. Sold it to my nephew. He still has it.

Thanks for the reminder that I too HAD one of those! Believe I traded it for a minty mid 70s 444S that I still have so I guess i didnt do too bad!
Marlin 375

It would shoot 220 hornady into an inch or less every single time…. I was broke and in college and needed the money…I finally got another one but it’s about a 2.5” rifle…🤷🏼‍♂️
Beretta 390. Won it at the acui national championships in san antonio. First year beretta ever did it. Owed roomie too much in electric and phone bill to keep it. Id give an arm and leg to get it back. Highly figured stock looked like it shoukd have been on a kreighoff.
Mossburg 12gauge. Before the 500 i think.
POS Rem 572
110 Savage 270
POS Traditions inline bought because of the price.

Only guns ever sold.
Last 2 never fired.

The 270 is the only one i wish I hadn't sold, only because I've never
even fired one. But, I never shot it because I wasn't interested in buying
brass, bullets and dies for it. So, it was worthless.
Browning bar safari 30-06. First gun I paid for, financed it 0% interest and started building my credit. Paid 750.00 new in box had amazing wood and shot federal 150 Sierra gamekings awesome. Sold it to buy my wife a wedding present. Glad I got her the present as she still cherishes it but wish I’d found something else to sell.
An Ithaca 37
Never received any guns from a relative so never became emotionally attached to any. I do miss a Blaser R8 I sold a few years ago and wished I held onto a matching pair of 1895’s. Both were take downs, case colored receivers, one in 06 the other in .405.
The NULA .270 I purchased from rdobrow, and then sold back to him! 🤦‍♂️
The very first gun my folks bought me. It was a 20g Mossberg bolt action with a variable choke. I don't even remember the model. I remember seeing an ad in a Coast to Coast flyer for a 243 rifle on sale for $99. I decided I had to have it. I sold the 20g to my brother for $40 so I would have enough money for the 243. Of coarse they didn't have any in stock when I went to the store. Gave me a rain check for when they got some in. They never did call.

Years later I asked my brother if he still had the 20g. He didn't and could even remember what he did with it. Only reason I wanted it back was because it was my first gun, given to me by my folks. When I was young & dumb, I didn't think anything about it.
Regret selling a very nice older BDL 30-06, the guy I sold it to listed it a couple months later for like $300 more 😵.

Also really regret not buying a couple thinking I could find a comparable or better deal down the road. NOPE. PS anyone have a CZ 550/557 American?
Very early Savage 99A 300

Browning Sweet 16

Tears
Sako AII 22-250
A 6” blue Diamondback. 22 lr Brand new. Didn’t sell it. Gave it to a girlfriend as a present. About 1979. Benn kicking myself in the ass ever since.
A Remington 341 tube feed .22. A gift from an uncle when I was 10. It was his chicken coop gun and was in poor shape.

I cleaned the bore and shot it. Then I took it apart and got everything cleaned up. I refinished the stock and cold blued it. I got a peep rear sight and had it installed. Finally I mounted a sling on it.

Amazingly accurate, extremely smooth feeding. A great learning experience.

I hocked it when I went in the Marines in 1966.
Originally Posted by las
Ruger 77V in 25-06. MOA unmodified. Full fiddleback stock, front to back.

I had one as well, nice wood, a fixed 12x Redfield, would stack 75 grain Sierra HP’s under 5/8” all day. It was a woodchuck shredding machine. I needed money and it was either that or my 77V Swift which I’ve still got. At the same time I got rid of three other guns, one of which was an ANIB pre-WWII 94 in .32 Special. The .25-06 and the 94 I regret getting rid of.
I’ve sold and traded off far more than I’ll ever gain back I decided last year I’ve got to many now and will enjoy what I have and give to the kids grand kids and nephew instead of letting them go
FIL has a featherweight 270 I drooled over when I was a teen dating my wife now I have 5 model 70s it’s an illness
Cheap Remington 700, SPS in 300WSM that I pillar bedded and epoxy beaded the action. Epoxy beaded the first 4” of the bbl. Had a muzzle brake installed and that damn 700 shot sub 1” groups with 180 Accubonds consistently. It sat in the safe for a few years and decided I needed to make room for another rifle. MISTAKE! Oh well. MTG
Originally Posted by tomt53
Back in the early 70's I bought a Colt Python. Traded it for a TC in 30 Herrett...big mistake!!!!
That's really a big mistake.
Originally Posted by frogman43
A Marlin 1895 Guide Gun in .45/70 with JM stamped on the barrel. Tried to buy it back from the coworker that I sold it to.....then he changed his mind and decided to keep it. Can't blame him!
Oops... I'm keeping mine forever.
All of them
The one I didn't buy.
I actually need to sell at least 100. I just don't have the time and energy to load for all of them anymore. Life was much simpler when I only owned a few dozen.

Bb
Originally Posted by Teal
Vintage 1911 in 38 Super. Colt of course. I am not a Colt nut - I don't know when they were shipping them in little cardboard boxes (like a cigar box with a very 50/60's era picture on the outside) but that's the era of this one.

Exactly... Mine was a colt commander in 38 super. Same era. Mint condition with two spare mags. My biggest gun selling regret but divorce does those things......
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Smith & Wesson Highway Patrolman. I got it when I graduated High School and needed money to finish college.
Got my model 28 Highway Patrolman in around 1977, best guess. Sweet gun and still in great shape.

Better yet, I never sold it, but GAVE it away a couple years ago! But then again, it was to my Daughter and she would have gotten it when I passed anyway.

She carries a Ruger LCR .357 Mag in her car. (only gun she owned) Got tired of dragging it from car to house every day. You can guess the rest......
Dad...would you have another gun I could just keep in my house? Wanted to keep ammo the same for both her guns. So goodbye S&W Model 28. LOL
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There are about a dozen that come close to equaling my regret for selling this particular gun, but I probably most regret selling my H&K 91 (G3). In the late 1970s I bought one on layaway at a local military style gun store (T&T Gunnary, on Long Island). I paid at total of $600.00 when I made that last payment and was finally able to take it home.

I cannot imagine why I then sold it for what I paid shortly after Reagan left office. The really sad part was that George Bush very quickly outlawed their import (due to their being dangerous weapons of war), and their prices instantly skyrocketed. After that, I don't think you could buy a used one for less than $3,000.00.

Similar story for my Polytech Legends AK-47. I think I paid about $400.00 for it. I sold it a few years later for just a little more than that, and then their import into the country was banned, and today they go for several thousand dollars, just like the H&K 91. They are reputed to have been the highest quality AK variant ever to be imported into the country.

I still have my HK 91 I bought in 82. Mine was $575 new in the box.
A Browning Nomad 22 semi-auto that I traded to a friend in 1969! The little Browning was a very accurate pistol and a lot of fun to shot and is presently worth about 8 X what I paid for it. While the little handgun I traded for is very quality……I can’t hit a Bull Elephant is the a$$ with it outside of 25 yards! memtb
Marlin 1894 Classic .25-20
Ruger Security Six 357 and a Winchester model 64 in 25-35.
Yeah I let one of those escape too. I kept the 45-70
The only gun I ever regretted selling was a 1987 Browning Buckmark 22 slab side pistol. I bought it new and was the sweetest shooting pistol I ever owned. I have another one now but it wasn’t purchased new and wasn’t my first baby!
Colt King Cobra Stainless 6" .357 It was a mistake. Bought it day I got out of boot camp. It would stack full power loads center target. Don't think I even touched the sights. Why o why.
© 24hourcampfire