Home
Posted By: TrueGrit Golf - 07/18/22
The way I drove the ball today, a doe and her 2 fawns figured it was safer in the open than the woods today.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: DubThomas Re: Golf - 07/18/22
Hahaha! I know the feeling. I just started playing again after a 12 year hiatus. Keep swinging!
Posted By: hanco Re: Golf - 07/18/22
Cool pic
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Golf - 07/18/22
Had to give the right-of-way to a hen turkey and chicks on the cart path the other day.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Golf - 07/18/22
Shoulda had your steel toe golfing shoes on so you could show that doe who's boss!
Posted By: krp Re: Golf - 07/18/22
My golf swing is like my cock... short and to the left...

Kent
Posted By: 1minute Re: Golf - 07/18/22
Retired neighbor was considering taking up the game. A friend asked him if he was happy with life and the neighbor gave him a positive response. The friend's advice was "then don't take up golf."
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Golf - 07/18/22
I used to play many years ago and with my game, it was the turtles and fish that had to watch out!
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Golf - 07/18/22
Bad look if you take out bambi with a golf ball.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Golf - 07/18/22
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The way I drove the ball today, a doe and her 2 fawns figured it was safer in the open than the woods today.

You may be on to something there. I always wondered why the only deer I ever saw on the course were hanging out on the green...
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Golf - 07/18/22
I really enjoy golf. I still walk the course and play from the white tees, but those days are coming to an end in not many more years. I'm not good, but have shot my age three times now and missed it by only one or two strokes a few more times. Shot a 77 this morning, in fact. But I play mostly for the exercise, and I'm a bit "casual" with scoring and golf rules. I keep score mostly because my golf GPS asks for one at every hole.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Golf - 07/18/22
Best club in my bag is a wood...pencil
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Golf - 07/18/22
I wish I knew where the ball I'm about to hit was going......in a good way.
Posted By: Potsy Re: Golf - 07/18/22
Dad took it up with his buddies when he retired, but his back has gotten too bad for him to go.
He suckered me into it and I still go.
In Tennessee, golf is what happens when rednecks get too lazy to fish.
Posted By: EdM Re: Golf - 07/18/22
My wife with friends.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Golf - 07/18/22
I’ve never played but I’ll bet I could shoot my age. 18x73=???
Posted By: RicG Re: Golf - 07/18/22
My main problem with golf is that I end up standing too close to the ball AFTER I hit it!
Posted By: rong Re: Golf - 07/18/22
Love playing,kinda suck at it.
Used to play quite a bit years ago,now just to much work.
You'll never get good at it w/o playing often.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Golf - 07/18/22
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I really enjoy golf. I still walk the course and play from the white tees, but those days are coming to an end in not many more years. I'm not good, but have shot my age three times now and missed it by only one or two strokes a few more times. Shot a 77 this morning, in fact. But I play mostly for the exercise, and I'm a bit "casual" with scoring and golf rules. I keep score mostly because my golf GPS asks for one at every hole.

I beg to differ, sir. Shooting your age at golf is rarified air in the golf world. Congrats are due.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Golf - 07/19/22
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Good attitude.
Posted By: Ole_270 Re: Golf - 07/19/22
Played years ago on the course in Buffalo Wyoming. On a par 3 I nailed the ball and dropped it into the brush behind the green. Out popped a couple antelope. Need to go back and try that again sometime.
© 24hourcampfire