Home
I received my signed photo of Anne Sophie Mutter this day from Germany. The finest violinist in the world.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Very nice!! And a damn good violinist!!!!
I would have loved to see her play with Jeff Lynn's Electric Light orchestra, he has had almost every other famous Violinest perform
in concert with him.
A wonderful violinist - always appreciate her playing and have a couple of important CDs of that. She became an excellent violinist while very young.

Actually enjoy her performances of sonata/chamber type compositions (more intimate/sensitive) and several works by contemporary composers more that than the larger scale older compositions.

What would be the factual basis for your assessment: "The finest violinist in the world."?
FACT: Anne plays the stradivarius

Synoptic,

The pic below your screen name stand for redstone arsenal?

If so I hear they're good people
Originally Posted by CCCC
What would be the factual basis for your assessment: "The finest violinist in the world."?

Maybe 2nd, The "best there's ever been" has a golden fiddle that he won in Georgia.
But does she have a Guaneri? Josh Bell is pretty good and Ray Chen isn't bad either. She has both of them for looks.
Ms. Mutter owns more than one Strad, and another centuries-old old model, and a very recently built violin of very high quality. I very much appreciate her attitudes about live performances.
This CD is amazing and a tribute to her talent. Track # 2 “Legende” is inspiration from God.

Attached picture 123C8D00-19FD-444D-A252-C2FA625089A1.jpeg
Attached picture FBA676D0-ED08-4E2D-A0A2-B612AC69A242.jpeg
Lovely playing - virtuosity. Some beautiful works there.

The "Legende" you mention may have been inspired by God - the composer Wieniawski wrote it as a young man (a virtuoso himself) in an effort to impress the family of his girlfriend so they would give permission for marriage. I don't know whether that worked or not - but that piece is very standard repertoire for budding violinists as they move up through the literature.
This is beauty, refined to the finest.

Excellent comments by Mutter regarding the fine points of rehearsing/conducting an ensemble to achieve unity in sound and effect. H. von Karajan was an absolute master of such work.

I believe it was he who first brought Mutter to the grand stage when she was still quite young. She said there that "girls were still girls" back then. Lovely.

As aside, felt that Bognar's piano rendition of the opening piece was rather stiff/square.
@CCCC

She is truly a gem, with a heart of beauty. Her knowledge and vision are unequaled by any I have seen in this generation. I did not believe that she would garner any interest on this forum, nor would any have interest. However, you're quite knowledgeable about her. Yes, when women were women and Anne is surely a woman. Her heart is a testament unto her soul. You know, she does an abundance of charity work and has established a foundation; one that is real, unlike others seeking to gain recognition. There are others who play the violin, yet her accomplishments have surpassed the mainstream, even those prodigies of music.
Look and See!

Originally Posted by Synoptic
@CCCC

She is truly a gem, with a heart of beauty. Her knowledge and vision are unequaled by any I have seen in this generation. I did not believe that she would garner any interest on this forum, nor would any have interest. However, you're quite knowledgeable about her. Yes, when women were women and Anne is surely a woman. Her heart is a testament unto her soul. You know, she does an abundance of charity work and has established a foundation; one that is real, unlike others seeking to gain recognition. There are others who play the violin, yet her accomplishments have surpassed the mainstream, even those prodigies of music.

You might be surprised ( in a good way!), those who follow and are students of classical music on this forum! Looking forward to your future posts!
Wieniawski, What a genius! He died way way too soon as a young man.
Lovely playing - virtuosity. Some beautiful works there.

The "Legende" you mention may have been inspired by God - the composer Wieniawski wrote it as a young man (a virtuoso himself) in an effort to impress the family of his girlfriend so they would give permission for marriage. I don';t know whether that worked or not - but that piece is very standard repertoire for budding violinists as they move up through the literature.
Wieniawski, What a genius! He died way way too soon as a young man.
Go on YouTube and do a search for Rebecca Thumber, if you want to see a good looking German woman violinist. I can't get the videos to post.
I thought that the only good looking female German musicians were tuba players.
No, you are thinking Accordion Players.
I don't know nearly as much about music as the other participants of this thread but I somehow think going from a violinist to an accordian player is regressing. Help me out here kaywoodie.
Finest LOOKING…

Maybe or maybe not even.
But I should keep my mouth shut. Being a better judge of cellists.
Originally Posted by GAGoober
No, you are thinking Accordion Players.
Dunno - those German gals playing Akkordeon always seem agitated - makes me wonder if those passing pleats irritate their nipples.
Zino Francescatti for me..but I'm old.
The finest looking is by far is Rosie Langley.

Originally Posted by Spud

When young, I heard live performances by Zino and by Jascha Heifetz within the span of a week.

Am I not old?

Ok. So she’s Swedish🤣 and a French horn. Still awesome!

That's COOL Thanks Bob. Rio7
Several of us here are classics lovers.... I hope she never gets arthritis.
Originally Posted by Spud

When young, I heard live performances by Zino and by Jascha Heifetz within the span of a week.

Am I not old?
Don't have a clue or interest, but I just watched a video of Bomsori Kim do the Tchaikovsky Concerto...great performance;she has perfect intonation and the middle mvmt was fabulous...just beautiful. That made me feel young again.
She's incredible.

On another musical note (and genre) so is Lanie Gardner ...

I'm 4 Months into having a set of hearing aids that actually help (the 1st try several years ago didn't) so I'm rediscovering enjoying music again. I'd never heard of Lanie Gardner before. She is amazing. Thanks for posting her.
Apparently she went to 100 Million streams in a very short time. You Tube has changed how music works. I hope she stays true to herself and doesn't let the music industry screw her up....

* The young violin prodigy
Born in West Germany in 1963, Mutter first wanted to play the violin after listening to an album of the Mendelssohn and Beethoven violin concertos that her parents had given to each other as an engagement present.

Same "Look" as my signed autograph: Dedication and destiny.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire