Home
Posted By: SupFoo Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
Hero armed citizen landed 8 of 10 shots at 40 yards to stop mass shooting in 15 seconds

Eli Dicken, the armed citizen who stopped a mass shooter in an Indiana mall on Sunday, was carrying a pistol under the state’s recently enacted constitutional carry law, which went into effect on July 1. Just 15 seconds after the mass shooter opened fire, Dicken steadied himself on a pole and fired eight to 10 shots, striking the gunman from 40 yards away, police said.

“His actions were nothing short of heroic. He engaged the gunman from quite a distance with a handgun. Was very proficient in that, was tactically sound and as he moved to close in on the suspect, he was also motioning for people to exit behind him,” said Greenwood Police Chief Jim Ison, according to WTHR. “Many people would have died last night if not for a responsible, armed citizen that took action very quickly within the first two minutes of this shooting.”

As police evacuated the mall, Dicken’s girlfriend Shay Goldman contacted her grandmother and told her that Dicken protected her from the mass shooter .....

more here:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...rds-to-stop-mass-shooting-in-15-seconds/
Jimmy Olson for sure.
She better marry that guy…
Posted By: SupFoo The Suspect - 07/21/22
Police Identify Indiana Mall Shooting Victims, the Suspect, and the ‘Good Samaritan’ Who Stopped Him

Officers said in a press conference Monday night that Jonathan Douglas Sapirman, 20, stepped out of a restroom at the food court .....

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...-and-the-good-samaritan-who-stopped-him/

Attached picture suspect.JPG
Posted By: ol_mike Re: The Suspect - 07/21/22
Great shooting that lad pulled off ! ! !

Didn't a citizen smoke a crook at like 100+ yards a few years ago?
Crook was shooting at the cops?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: The Suspect - 07/21/22
A street cop made a one shot kill with a pistol and saved lives on a busy big city street at about 100 yds several years ago.

May have been horse mounted and maybe NYC.
Posted By: akrange Re: The Suspect - 07/21/22
General..I saw that episode of McCloud ..
You having more of your Flashbacks..
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jimmy Olson for sure.

Didnt someone post a thread about da C Of P changing the timeline of events to 15 seconds 5 or six days ago, iirc?

whistle wink
Posted By: deflave Re: The Suspect - 07/21/22
Originally Posted by jaguartx
A street cop made a one shot kill with a pistol and saved lives on a busy big city street at about 100 yds several years ago.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
Crap. I wuz counting on you to remember, Col. frown
It was in Austin....312ft...or 100yds..

Wish I could shoot like that.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Wish I could shoot like that.

Anything is possible, this is the internet.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
I'd like to know what pistol he used for that. That's good shooting.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22

I believe that was in San Antonio a few years back, guy using a 357.
Posted By: plumbum Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
Originally Posted by rainshot
I'd like to know what pistol he used for that. That's good shooting.

Yeah, incredible.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
Have heard Glock and have heard Hellcat.

Back in the early 90s a Charlotte PD officer took a guy out at about 85 yards on the Mecklenburg County Courthouse steps. Shot the dude with a S&W .357, likely a 686.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Jackson Handy,

Thanks, I had forgotten the details.
Although there was another incident somewhere?, a citizen shot a 'shooter' with his pistol, that was a long shot for a handgun.
Posted By: ribka Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
he used a pole for support and was not shooting on the move.

Makes more sense now. Stilll great shooting

Originally Posted by SupFoo
Hero armed citizen landed 8 of 10 shots at 40 yards to stop mass shooting in 15 seconds

Eli Dicken, the armed citizen who stopped a mass shooter in an Indiana mall on Sunday, was carrying a pistol under the state’s recently enacted constitutional carry law, which went into effect on July 1. Just 15 seconds after the mass shooter opened fire, Dicken steadied himself on a pole and fired eight to 10 shots, striking the gunman from 40 yards away, police said.

“His actions were nothing short of heroic. He engaged the gunman from quite a distance with a handgun. Was very proficient in that, was tactically sound and as he moved to close in on the suspect, he was also motioning for people to exit behind him,” said Greenwood Police Chief Jim Ison, according to WTHR. “Many people would have died last night if not for a responsible, armed citizen that took action very quickly within the first two minutes of this shooting.”

As police evacuated the mall, Dicken’s girlfriend Shay Goldman contacted her grandmother and told her that Dicken protected her from the mass shooter .....

more here:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...rds-to-stop-mass-shooting-in-15-seconds/
I hope all 376 donut-munchers in Uvalde were taking notes....
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Jackson Handy,

Thanks, I had forgotten the details.
Although there was another incident somewhere?, a citizen shot a 'shooter' with his pistol, that was a long shot for a handgun.
That's the one I'm thinking, bad guy, shooting cops.
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
There was also the LEO that took the three (if i remember correctly) AK style wielding terrorists in Dallas at a fair distance maybe 5 years or so ago.

Armed citizen success will be buried ASAP by the Demoncrats
Posted By: GeorgeLa Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
Fairchild AFB 1994 a security forces airman took out another airman wielding an MAK-90 who was on a killing rampage. The SF airman engaged with his M9 (Beretta 9mm) at 70 yards. Scored two hit in four shots. Fatal shot reported as “between the eyes”.
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/21/22
So I went out this morning, set a square piece of (2'x2') cardboard up, and ranged it at 40 yds. 10 shots of 9mm HP's with my Browning Hi-power, and 10 shots with my Sig 365, as fast as I could get back on target. 5 out of 10 with the Browning, 8out of 10 with the Sig. I need some practice. Also need some better targets.!
Posted By: las Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/22/22
He used a rest? Or a brace? Isn't that somehow unethical or in poor taste or form?

smile
Originally Posted by GeorgeLa
Fairchild AFB 1994 a security forces airman took out another airman wielding an MAK-90 who was on a killing rampage. The SF airman engaged with his M9 (Beretta 9mm) at 70 yards. Scored two hit in four shots. Fatal shot reported as “between the eyes”.

Lucky shot! Well, not for the perp. smile
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/22/22

It was Austin, TX. One hand shot with an M&P while holding horse's reins. Luck or Skill?
Originally Posted by kenster99
So I went out this morning, set a square piece of (2'x2') cardboard up, and ranged it at 40 yds. 10 shots of 9mm HP's with my Browning Hi-power, and 10 shots with my Sig 365, as fast as I could get back on target. 5 out of 10 with the Browning, 8out of 10 with the Sig. I need some practice. Also need some better targets.!

That ain't bad shooting, sir.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I hope all 376 donut-munchers in Uvalde were taking notes....

I hope all 376 donut munchers in Uvalde go f*** themselves.
Posted By: Geno67 Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 07/22/22
If a pistol won't consistently head shoot someone at 75 yards, I have no use for it.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Those were 40 Yard Shots - 08/04/22

Thanks, Jackson. Just went back and saw where you, Roger and others with a better memory than Travis posted about it.
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad

It was Austin, TX. One hand shot with an M&P while holding horse's reins. Luck or Skill?

Thanks, Crash.
Originally Posted by GeorgeLa

Dont be getting off topic. The Col dont like it. wink
Posted By: jaguartx Re: The Suspect - 08/04/22
Originally Posted by deflave

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Reminds me of someone taking his son on a the next best thing to a guaranteed elk hunt and didnt bring the right gun - or something like that, though im getting old and sometimes forget some minor facts. grin
Posted By: JeffA Re: The Suspect - 08/04/22
The Eli Dickens crowd funding campaign on GiveSendGo produced a whopping $40.00 reward for Eli's efforts.

Merica.....

https://www.givesendgo.com/G3J4C
© 24hourcampfire