Home
Looking like The proposed “Chip Act” now has good bipartisan support and traction for investing 52 billion$ to bring ‘crucial chips manufacturing’ back home to the USA.

Presently the US has 12% of the total world chip production market while Taiwan controls 66% of the world chip production market .

CBS News, Fox, WSJ
Kabuki theater.
would make to much sense...it is probably full of a ton of other stupid stuff to offset the good it could do
Insider trading setup- - - - - -but only if Pelosi lets any of her buddies in on the action!
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Looking like The proposed “Chip Act” now has good bipartisan support and traction for investing 52 billion$ to bring ‘crucial chips manufacturing’ back home to the USA.

Presently the US has 12% of the total world chip production market while Taiwan controls 66% of the world chip production market .

CBS News, Fox, WSJ

How much does Pelos'i husband stand to make? And how many boards have offered Hunter Biden a seat?
I think your late to the game. As I understand it, Pelosi has done made millions on deal.
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
I think your late to the game. As I understand it, Pelosi has dome made millions on deal.

The "Big Guy" get his 10%?
I just have to think if I was making and selling a product that was in such HUGE demand, I could sell it without .gov’s help.

But then all of their investments wouldn’t pan out.
They need to just get out of the way of private business and quit over regulating every single thing.

I don't want our current govt "investing" our tax $$$ on ANYTHING. They get to pick the winners that way.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
They need to just get out of the way of private business and quit over regulating every single thing.

I don't want our current govt "investing" our tax $$$ on ANYTHING. They get to pick the winners that way.

Hear! Hear!

Then what would we need them for if they didn't over regulate? grin

all that money will line someones pocket AGAIN
Originally Posted by skeen
I think your late to the game. As I understand it, Pelosi has dome made millions on deal.

That's only from foreign money laundering in places like pUkraine and China. Makes it more untraceable.
Didn't the goobermint "invest" in Solyndra a while back? Remember how well that worked?

I’m sure he’s in on too. That’s not counting all the kick backs they got from hobbling US manufacturing with regulations to the point of causing production to move over seas in the first place.
Keep the government out of it!
If we want to manufacture anything, there likely has to be some funding to get EPA out of the way. One cannot imagine the hoops one must jump through to simply produce and sell a muffin in this country.
20 years ago I was doing consulting for a chip manufacturer in the bay area.
I got screwed on a cell phone RF amplifier work by some guy named Pelosi.

I Don't know if Nancy is related.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Kabuki theater.
This

kwg
I recently read (I can't find it now) that we have a chip glut or at least plenty in the pipeline but getting them to their destinations is the problem. I agree with those who wonder why we are giving $52 Billion to an industry that should be able to make it on their own.

CBS News, Fox, WSJ

How much does Pelos'i husband stand to make? And how many boards have offered Hunter Biden a seat?

The wealth will be spread.

Pelosi’s husband? He done took drunk.

This.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Didn't the goobermint "invest" in Solyndra a while back? Remember how well that worked?

Is Solyndra still going strong today ??
Dumbass, it was Zero and your D buds who sent big tech oversess in the first place with high taxes, piles of red tape including dimocrap hiring and non firing laws.
I say the more chips, the better! I really like the wavy kind.
Originally Posted by SCRUBS

This.

I’ve got no problem with government investing tax$ in infrastructure like transportation, interstates, air ports, other federal highways type things.

I believe that just maybe we’ve realized secure, dependable Chip Production is in fact a part of critical infrastructure for our nation in today’s hi-tech world. It’s a big piece of what moves our nation forward. Consider the necessary chip production for just our military.

Jmo
Wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to save the 52 billion and simply declare that Taiwan's chip industry is essential to our national interest and any interference with such will bring a US military response?
You know, like the middle eastern oil we've gone to war for numerous times.

$0 spent, problem solved.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to save the 52 billion and simply declare that Taiwan's chip industry is essential to our national interest and any interference with such will bring a US military response?
You know, like the middle eastern oil we've gone to war for numerous times.

$0 spent, problem solved.

With Taiwan producing 66% of the world’s production there’d be little need to declare what’s obvious.

And Taiwan is just a little close to that breakaway republic on the mainland right across the Strait .

Jmo
We'll be confronting China sooner or later.
Sooner is almost always better.
In another 10 years our entire military will be female, queers and transgenders.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
We'll be confronting China sooner than later.
Sooner is almost always better.
In another 10 years our entire military will be female, queers and transgenders.

I think you’re exactly right and we’d be dealing with a lot more of their crap right now if it wasn’t for their very large economic and social problems that have them somewhat strapped at the moment and for a while.

CBS News, Fox, WSJ
You can’t be serious, I mean really.

Nothing that our elected officials in DC does is designed to help America and Americans, NOTHING, especially this Administration.

You get a lot of flack from other members here for being a sock puppet and a dumb ass, but this has got to be the dumbest F*cken, most ignorant and naive post from you yet.
Very stupid idea! What are the chip makers we have left going to do with that money? The Feds will decide who will get the money and will tell them exactly what do do with it. Our chip makers can't compete in the world markets because of the cost of our government (taxes, environmental permits, affirmative action and etc.). If the Feds gave one of their friends several billion dollars to build to a certain chip it would take a year or more to build the facility. I worked at Motorola for a year and it took the whole year to build a new FAB (that's what they called it). They hired hundreds of people to work in it but there was no place for them to park so they had to rent some property and bus the workers to and from the property.

Any new chip making facility will probably have to use green energy. The Motorola plant I worked on was on 250 acres and they used so much electricity that the power company built a transmission line to the property while I was working there and installed a substation just for them. Making chips is not something that can happen overnight. I'm sure there are were bigger chip making plants than this one but it had NINE 500 horsepower air compressors in one building just for all the air tools the FABs used.

This plant had no longer in operation.
The chip manufacturers see the writing on the wall. They know that Taiwan will soon be in the hands of the Chinese and that China will limit sales of Taiwan made chips to western countries.

There's all kinds of opportunities for American manufacturers in the upcoming "new world order".

Because of all the bullshit that the U.S. government has pulled on the world, once the eastern alliance gets established, they're going to exclude the U.S. and Western Europe from much of their trade.

The globalists have made America a pariah in the eyes of much of the world. In the "not so distant" future, if America wants something, it's going to have to make it in America,....just like it used to do before the globalists turned America's manufacturing ability over to China for 30 pieces of silver.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The chip manufacturers see the writing on the wall. They know that Taiwan will soon be in the hands of the Chinese and that China will limit sales of Taiwan made chips to western countries.

There's all kinds of opportunities for American manufacturers in the upcoming "new world order".

Because of all the bullshit that the U.S. government has pulled on the world, once the eastern alliance gets established, they're going to exclude the U.S. and Western Europe from much of their trade.

The globalists have made America a pariah in the eyes of much of the world. In the "not so distant" future, if America wants something, it's going to have to make it in America,....just like it used to do before the globalists turned America's manufacturing ability over to China for 30 pieces of silver.

The fight and struggle for supremacy is eternal and is as old as mankind itself . Just the way it is.

Your warnings are more than relevant by my reckoning but meanwhile the USD$ seems to reign on top. That says something in today’s world and look at gold in these inflationary times for comparison.

None of this would be happening like it now is had the 2020 elections been honest.

Jmo
I think when China takes over Taiwan we are going to wish we in shored chip production. We are at war with China, most of the US hasn't figured it out.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Insider trading setup- - - - - -but only if Pelosi lets any of her buddies in on the action!

Question: In a free market capitalist economic structure, why are we as taxpayers repeatedly FORCED to subsidize wealthy American corporations?
Kabuki theater.

It’s worst than That ..
Take the Chips out of Taiwan then what Happens..
A Peaceful Transfer of Power ..
Hahaha Hahaha

They do think your a Bunch of Coconuts ..
Cornpones South of the Line of Northern Aggression..
Originally Posted by akrange
Kabuki theater.

It’s worst than That ..
Take the Chips out of Taiwan then what Happens..
A Peaceful Transfer of Power ..
Hahaha Hahaha

They do think your a Bunch of Coconuts ..
Cornpones South of the Line of Northern Aggression..

Ask the good people of Hong Kong about ‘peaceful transfers of power’.
Dont believe the ChiComs will ever "go to war" with us. Would not be good for their economy to lose the $ from everything they import here. They will simply OWN us and make us grovel at their feet for necessary goods!
© 24hourcampfire