Speed if just me and the wife.

Uno if camping.

Skipbo is kinda fun.

Gin Rummy is fun too.

What are you're favorites?
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Pinochle
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
For whatever reason I hate playing card games or pretty much any game at all. Hate it being tied into it.

That said nephew and I play a little dice, 6 5 4, mindless, random, luck....
I’ve never been all that into cards or board games but I like a good Euchre game every once in awhile.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Just the two of us makes card games tough.

When I was a kid I really liked Rook.
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
My favorite game is pick that schitt up in your room and get the phugin yard mowed... I love family time
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
My wife and I play Kings in the Corner in the evening whenever we camp, but that's about it.
Kids love uno and trash.

Try to get them to play cribbage. They aren't fans.
Posted By: EdM Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Originally Posted by SamOlson
For whatever reason I hate playing card games or pretty much any game at all. Hate it being tied into it.

That said nephew and I play a little dice, 6 5 4, mindless, random, luck....

Same here.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
500 and cribbage
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Ed, we'd go find a quiet part of the room, bull chit and drink.

Higgs, you're welcome to join us when you've had enough noise....lol
Posted By: G23 Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Lots of pitch and pinochle when I was growing up.

G23
Posted By: skinner Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Rook
Posted By: Morewood Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
31 for quarters. Teaching my grandchildren the value of money and treachery.

They love it. That and Old Maid is always good for laughs, they can't keep a straight face.
Posted By: krp Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
We play card and board games all the time in our family, grandkids are smart little boogers and competitive little chits.

Rook used to be the main game back when the older Folks were still alive.

Pitch, stripped deck version with the old hands in hunting camp. Still play it but my buddies and I are the old hands now.

Golf is a favorite, Skippo with partners, Jacks and jokers is cards and board game combined, monopoly cause the kids like it, I don't care for it., dice zilch, and more games.

Any stay over night is game night for the grandkids, camping also.

Kent
Posted By: Higginez Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
How about dice games?

Wife always kicks my ass at Farkle.
Posted By: packrat77 Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
5 Crowns here.
Posted By: strosfann Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Tripoli is a favorite in our crew.
Solitaire for the win
Posted By: Jstocks Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Phase 10
Boure’
Posted By: batch Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Card game is Quidler, sorta like Scrabble in a basic way. We also like Farkle but grandkids like Aggravation best.
Phase 10 is another we play.

Good call Jstocks.
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Myself and my late grandfather at the cribbage table. When visiting there were two certainties- cribbage and Dr Pepper.
Originally Posted by batch
Card game is Quidler, sorta like Scrabble in a basic way. We also like Farkle but grandkids like Aggravation best.

We be play a dice/marbles game similar to aggravation.

Evil.

Pure evil.
Originally Posted by robertham1
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Myself and my late grandfather at the cribbage table. When visiting there were two certainties- cribbage and Dr Pepper.

That is truly awesome!
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Not a card game, but if you have 6 dice, we play Farkle. First to 10,000 wins!
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
52 Pickup. 😁
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
P.S. And if we have kids with us, we don't stop when someone wins. We have 1st winner, 2nd winner, etc. until everyone is out.
Posted By: WestMont Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
cribbage, pinochle, and spite and malice (skipbo)
Posted By: mud_bogger Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Uno when I was younger, then kings corner. Doubt I could remember how to play them these days.
Posted By: krp Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Looking at Farkle it's what we call zilch, same game... I'm always going for the reroll, not going to take 300 points.

Phase 10 we play also

Dominos mexican train

Kent
Posted By: Jstocks Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Spades is another one
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Used to play rummy with my grandad. Or go fish. Never did find much use for either when I got older, so when the time came I taught our kids drinking games, seemed like a more useful skillset. The winnings can get you an Uber ride home, yannow?
Posted By: poboy Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
5 Crowns
Farkle
Yahtzee
Forty Two - dominos
Games using cards qualify?
If so:

Cards Against Humanity
Murder

Otherwise it’s 31 or Russian Bank if there are just two players.

PS. Apparently Crapette = Russian Bank. Who knew…..
Posted By: ElAhrairah Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Cribbage. But not with the family. Just at work. Its a popular thing in my industry. The cook owes me $321. [bleep] aint paying up. Quarter a peg is a bitch.
Posted By: DMc Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Hearts & Spades
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
We play Crazy 8s with the g-kids.

When they get older, I'll teach them Euchre. That's when the fun will start.
Posted By: shaman Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
I had not heard about Farkle until my sons brought it to my attention a few years ago. I played once with them and their friends and won. I have not been back to it since. I like the idea of being undefeated.

Growing up in my family, Gin Rummy was a basic survival skill. I introduced that to my sons at deer camp at a very early age. Moose is an absolute bloody terror.

I sharked Backgammon back in college. I finally decided that I preferred being a good Methodist boy and gave it up, but I did so well ahead of the game.

The other game that we play around Deer Camp is Russian Bank. It is an intense 2 person/2 deck/double solitaire that requires extreme concentration. It was popular among British naval crews in the Atlantic. You have to kind of go into this zone in order to stay on top of play; it makes hours go by quickly.

"I say, Dudley! I really must call stop. Look at your Talon!"

"Oh, Reginald! I really must apologize. That last U-Boat has me totally undone."

"Buck up, Old Sod. See if the doc will give you a tot of rum for your nerves. Meanwhile, I think you owe me 10 Pounds 4 Shillings."

The last game I'd mention is an obscure card game called Coup d'Etat. Supposedly it was played by French political prisoners. It is played somewhat like Hearts, but the object of each hand differs depending on what's called by the dealer. In one hand, the goal is to take no Spades, in another, you can't take the King of Spades, etc. A player can also announce a Coup and set about taking all Spades or all the Queens or whatever and get control of the deal. There are also hidden Coups, where a player does not announce his intentions. The dealer can also perform Coup on himself. I've been able to get folks' interest in it at times, but it is generally so complex that you need a serious bunch of card fiends to have much of a game.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
I never really enjoyed cards at all. Once in a while I'll play 31 or Wist. My Dad's family played Pinnochle for entire weekends.
Posted By: Teal Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
With my blood family - it's only Cribbage and 99.999% during deer season. Penny a point, double on skunk.

With the GF - cribbage

With the GF's family - poker. After every holiday meal, the table's cleared and the poker game starts. Nickle and dime.
52 card pick-up.
Posted By: strikeu Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
Poker is the only real card game. Always poker.
Posted By: DownWind Re: Card games with the fam - 07/26/22
With son, DIL and grandkids we play Cards Against Humanity ... it's a hoot. Play DickHead with the adults.
Growing up, there was a game of rook around grandma's kitchen table every saturday night, bunch of aunts and uncles playing.
We played alot of spades, hearts, rummy and crazy 8's at our house. Me and my son still play rummy, sometimes dominoes.
© 24hourcampfire