Home
Tony Dow, Wally of ‘Leave It to Beaver,’ dies
By Gray News staff
Published: Jul. 26, 2022 at 10:57 AM CDT|Updated: 8 minutes ago

Gray News) - Tony Dow, the actor who played Wally Cleaver in the hit 1950′s television show “Leave It to Beaver,” has died. He was 77.

His management team announced the news on his official Facebook page Tuesday morning.

“The world has lost an amazing human being, but we are all richer for the memories that he has left us. From the warm reminiscences of Wally Cleaver to those of us fortunate enough to know him personally - thank you Tony. And thank you for the reflections of a simpler time, the laughter, the friendship and for the feeling that you were a big brother to us all,” the Facebook message said in part.

The actor appeared in several TV shows spanning decades and genres, including “Adam-12,” “Mod Squad,” “Emergency,” “The Love Boat,” “Murder, She Wrote,” “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” and “Babylon 5,” according to his iMDB page.

Dow also worked behind the camera, directing episodes of some TV shows, including “Coach,” “Babylon 5” and “Harry and the Hendersons.”

But he was best known as the older brother of The Beaver, played by Jerry Mathers, in the quintessential TV sitcom, which ran for six seasons, from 1957 to 1963.

[Linked Image from gray-waff-prod.cdn.arcpublishing.com]

From WAFF 48 News
Cancer had come back, I kinda been following this for a few months.
RIP. From a far better time in broadcasting, a loss.

Osky
Sad news. Another of the generation I grew up in has gone on to his final reward. I'd sure like to hear the conversation between Tony and Saint Peter right now. I wonder if there will be any mention of the Beav ?

kwg
Back when the average “family show” was trying to build better people, rather than teach bad behavior...
Fuqk cancer.
We've come a long way from the day when just broadcasting the sound of a toilet flushing was considered ground breaking TV.
We've got a local station that plays LITB, as well as Perry Mason. I try to catch them when I can because they're better than anything else on tv.

RIP Tony.
His smile and kind eyes never changed. Seems to have aged well. Godspeed, Tony

Originally Posted by Beoceorl
[quote]

[Linked Image from gray-waff-prod.cdn.arcpublishing.com]

From WAFF 48 News
It’s kinda refreshing to watch those older TV shows from time passed.
RIP Tony.
Originally Posted by Osky
RIP. From a far better time in broadcasting, a loss.

Osky

Agree.

Americana is gone,,, bolsheviks now control the country.

Rest in peace Tony ! ! ! !
That sucks...
Was a great show

I’ve noticed TV was goood when it was black and white.

When TV become colorized, mouthy, marxist groids and fàggots infected it.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...o-months-revealing-cancer-diagnosis.html
Yep

gone........always a fun show

RIP Wally !

I see that you have me on ignore whatever reason, but yeah, I mentioned cancer way back.

But yes, the link explains it

Can’t believe we are still doing the ignore thingy.
The barrel hoop episode was the best.....lol...good times !
Ward, you were pretty rough on the beaver last night.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Was a great show

I’ve noticed TV was goood when it was black and white.

When TV become colorized, mouthy, marxist groids and fàggots infected it.
Years ago I saw a show about how TV changed nearly overnight.
They explained, it went from families/trees/fields to broken families/concrete/cities, bye bye Green Acres hello Family Affair, Mayberry RFD to The Partridge Family.
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Back when the average “family show” was trying to build better people, rather than teach bad behavior...

Yep, back before good became evil.
Very sad to hear. My generation.

He somewhat resembled Kris Kristofferson.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dammit...My second favorite show of all time, behind "Andy Griffith". Watch it almost daily.
I always wanted to see Eddie Haskell get his azz kicked.
Unbelievable. RIP. Loved Leave it to Beaver.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by fburgtx

Yep, back before good became evil.

Yep. Although I would not recommend using any actor as a role model, Mr. Dow, at least, never did any harm. He seemed a decent sort. Godspeed, sir.
Originally Posted by akasparky
I always wanted to see Eddie Haskell get his azz kicked.
🤣🤣👍👍
RIP, great show, he was a big part of why it was good!
RIP Tony. You'll always be Wally to me. You played a great big brother.
UPDATE: On Tuesday afternoon, Tony Dow’s wife told TMZ that she “believed her husband was dead” and told his management team who announced his passing on his official Facebook account. The wife, Lauren, said as of Tuesday afternoon, he is “still alive and breathing while in hospice care” and she’s “distraught” over the error. The Facebook post has since been taken down.
He was a decent hard working guy. It's a sad day.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
UPDATE: On Tuesday afternoon, Tony Dow’s wife told TMZ that she “believed her husband was dead” and told his management team who announced his passing on his official Facebook account. The wife, Lauren, said as of Tuesday afternoon, he is “still alive and breathing while in hospice care” and she’s “distraught” over the error. The Facebook post has since been taken down.
Prayer sent for Tony Dow.
He never minded making fun of his character, and that of Jerry Mathers, on the show.

This is part of a funny scene from Kentucky Fried Movie:

RIP Wally
https://www.tmz.com/2022/07/26/leave-it-to-beaver-tony-dow-dead-dies-cancer/
My daughter found this Today, and told me. Sorry to hear this.
He’s not dead. Read the link.

Ron
So is he dead or not?
Well if not, will be shortly.....
Wally Cleaver is one of my favorite TV characters ever. My wife thinks it’s hilarious that I can sit and laugh my ass off watching LITB.
Wally always told it like it was, whether Ward and June wanted it put that way or not. He would not be a well received character in 2022.
Cancer sucks. Go easy and RIP big brother.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The same thing happened to my sweet mother in law. We got the call that she had passed…..then got a call “no she hadn’t!” Then got the call that “Yes, she really passed this time.” I doubt she would have seen the humor in that sequence.
He ain’t dead
Originally Posted by hanco
He ain’t dead

Several “News Agencies” reporting he’s still alive. 🤪
Trump still Pres, what does Q say about Tony Dows death ?
[quote=DMc]Very sad to hear. My generation.

He somewhat resembled Kris Kristofferson.

I thot the same on P 1.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Tony Dow connecting dots.

UPDATE
2:53 PM PT -- Tony's son, Christopher, says "Dad is at home, under hospice care, and in his last hours. My wife and I are by his side along with many friends that have visited. He has a fighting heart."
12:48 PM PT -- The statement reporting Tony's death that was posted on his official Facebook page Tuesday morning has now been removed. We spoke with Tony's manager who says Tony's wife, Lauren, who is very distraught, believed her husband was dead -- and told his management.
We're now told he is still alive and breathing while in hospice care.
3 hours ago.

This is like rocket surgery.

LOL
Wow, I can't believe they prematurely reported Wally's death.

The Beaver is gonna be really sore when he hears about this.
I died three hours ago and am fine now. It happens.
How many times did the squeezer die?
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Tony Dow connecting dots.

Thanks my brother, good for a laugh
Sometimes death is the better alternative.

Tony Dow in Hospice Care
He had such nice hair
Sounds like he is still alive.
Hospice is not for those who are expected to quickly recover.

How nice must it be for Tony to see the outpouring of love he received when people thought he was dead. We almost never get to hear the praises we get at our funerals.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Hospice is not for those who are expected to quickly recover.

How nice must it be for Tony to see the outpouring of love he received when people thought he was dead. We almost never get to hear the praises we get at our funerals.
Tony didn't see schit.
Beoceorl: I think he is REALLY gone this time.
If he has passed on I hope he rests in peace.

LINK: https://nypost.com/2022/07/27/leave-it-to-beaver-star-tony-dow-dead-at-77-2/

Thanks for the memories Mr. Dow.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
This has probably been pretty hard on The Beaver.
Originally Posted by slumlord

I see that you have me on ignore whatever reason, but yeah, I mentioned cancer way back.

But yes, the link explains it

Can’t believe we are still doing the ignore thingy.
# 456 ???

👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
We almost never get to hear the praises we get at our funerals.

Almost never?
Originally Posted by renegade50
This has probably been pretty hard on The Beaver.

Meh, I’ve had worse.

😬🦫
© 24hourcampfire