Home
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/07/yep_its_true_theyre_coming_for_your_guns.html

some info from the article
The most important section of the bill is section 2, the "Definitions," which sets out the scope of what the bill covers. After wading through the text that modifies the relevant federal code, we get to this part:
(36) The term 'semiautomatic assault weapon' means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:

(A) A semiautomatic rifle that—

(i) has a magazine that is not a fixed magazine; and

(ii) does have any 1 of the following:

(I) A pistol grip.

(II) A forward grip.

(III) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock, or is otherwise foldable or adjustable in a manner that operates to reduce the length, size, or any other dimension, or otherwise enhances the concealability, of the weapon.

(IV) A grenade launcher.

(V) A barrel shroud.

(VI) A threaded barrel.

(B) A semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, except for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

(C) Any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic firearm but not convert the semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun.

(D) A semiautomatic pistol that—

(i) has a magazine that is not a fixed magazine; and

(I) A threaded barrel.

(II) A second pistol grip.

(III) A barrel shroud.

(IV) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

(V) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

(VI) A manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when unloaded.

(VII) A stabilizing brace or similar component.

(E) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

(F) A semiautomatic shotgun that—

(i) has the capacity to utilize a magazine that is not a fixed magazine; and

(I) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.

(II) A pistol grip or bird's head grip.

(III) A fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds.

(IV) The ability to accept a detachable magazine.

(V) A forward grip.

(VI) A grenade launcher.

(G) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

(H) All of the following rifles, copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles with the capability of any such weapon thereof.

The bill then lists a number of firearms in mind-numbing detail, after which it sets forth some additional definitions, with two that are very important in determining the scope of this ban:

(42) The term 'forward grip' means a grip located forward of the trigger that functions as a pistol grip. ...

(45) The term 'pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock or Thordsen-type grip or stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.

The bottom line is that if you have a semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine with "any other characteristic that can function as a grip," or a semi-automatic pistol that has a magazine that is not a fixed magazine with one of the myriad features listed, then congratulations! You're now the proud owner of an "assault weapon."
From my cold dead hands....
Them allowing rioters to burn cities and assault/kill people with impunity made the passage of any bills of this type unlikely. Very sad to see silver lining.
But, but jeffo said the dems wouldn't come after guns.
Originally Posted by ol_mike

That dumbf u c k is over on iFish talking about how this bill is unconstitutional.
This has to be a two part scheme.

The Second Part is to implement legislation banning firearms that are in Common Use. This is a direct violation of the Constitution AND The Supreme Court. Which brings us to Part One.

To pass and enforce such legislation they must first Alter the make-up of the Supreme Court. They have a couple ways in which to do this, 1) Increase the number of Justices and pack the court with Left Wing Activist judges. 2) Remove Clarence Thomas from the court either by impeachment of death.

I say Thomas’ days are numbered.
They're not just coming for the guns but everydamnthing I stand for!
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

That dumbf u c k is over on iFish talking about how this bill is unconstitutional.

laugh As is often said ''you can't make this zchit up''.

Some people ''live & learn'' ,, some don't ...
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

As usual, the first reply is the best.
Pass the bill and it’s up to you to enforce it.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Don’t schit yourself, minus a few County Sheriffs here and there, every law enforcement officer and agency in America will gladly put on their Jack-boots and enforce whatever they are told to enforce.
Come on. Pass the dam4 thing already. Time to get the ball rolling. Reset time brothers and sisters. Enough of this nibbling away at my rights and slowly destroying the country. Bring it I say. I aint getting any younger and the body aches are making it harder to move fast but I still got plenty in me.... for now.
Originally Posted by ingwe

Can't add to that..

were it not for the police force ready to do as told, this would be just another example of politicians with stupid ideas.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

were it not for the police force ready to do as told, this would be just another example of politicians with stupid ideas.

yep.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Can't add to that..

Wife said... well we gotta die somehow sometime.

Kent
Of course it'll pass the House.

Question is, how many traitors in the Senate?
Of course it'll pass the House.

Question is, how many traitors in the Senate?
50 + 1
Originally Posted by krp

Can't add to that..

Kent

Thats what I figured Kent. I've had a good run and if theres anything worth dying for, its the Second Amendment...because we know what happens if it goes away...
Originally Posted by Raeford
They're not just coming for the guns but everydamnthing I stand for!
Yes, that describes the divide we face in America now.
Originally Posted by krp

Can't add to that..

Kent
"We've all got a death."

- Charley Prince (John Hurt) in Wild Bill Hickok

yep.
Yep, yep.
No way it passes, but its clear and always has been for me, what they want
Originally Posted by steve4102
Don’t schit yourself, minus a few County Sheriffs here and there, every law enforcement officer and agency in America will gladly put on their Jack-boots and enforce whatever they are told to enforce.

Until a few or more get dead....We have already seen the courage of many in blue.
This bill was introduced back in 2021 I said on this very site how dangerous this thing was and how broad termed it was most people just blew it off and said never now that danger is closed people are getting on board... Fight should have started sooner much sooner.
Get some!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is what I feel is almost comical...An AVERAGE single gun owner could put up a fight that would cause enough casualties to basically immobilize an entire police force in the average small town, township etc. After the first attempts happened people around the country would also be aware and prepared should they be targeted next.

Never gonna happen like that They will impose excise taxes, insurance requirements etc etc to make gun ownership too burdensome for the average casual gun owners. Bite by bite is how the roll under the guise of "common sense" gun legislation!
Molon labe!
It will never pass. They aren't coming this directly. Watch for the end-around
Originally Posted by moosemike
It will never pass. They aren't coming this directly. Watch for the end-around
Wish I shared your confidence.. I remember the 80'd too well

You will own nothing and be happy, or not (WEF/NWO/UN agenda 2030). Confiscating firearms is the most crucial step to implementing this.
Originally Posted by 45_100
You will own nothing and be happy, or not (WEF/NWO/UN agenda 2030). Confiscating firearms is the most crucial step to implementing this.
This. Exactly.
Mine too, brother....
Originally Posted by 45_100

That is what Glenn Beck has been saying is the plan

In WA state they passed a law this year that one cannot buy or sell high cap magazines.
© 24hourcampfire