Home
Posted By: Oldman03 FedEx apology - 07/28/22
I owe FedEx an apology. For years, I have accused them of being the slowest delivery service there is. I've also bashed USPS and UPS from time to time, but now I have to crown a new champion.

And the new champion is...... DHL. I've got a pkg coming from Little Rock, Ar to north Louisiana. 140 miles straight down US hwy 167. DHL has had the pkg for 8 days and today I finally got an expected delivery date, Aug 5th. That's another 8 days.

I'm just glad it's not lost.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: FedEx apology - 07/28/22
Who uses DHL for domestic shipping? That's just crazy...
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: FedEx apology - 07/28/22
Randy,

You company you ordered from in Little Rock is probably shipping from their Dubai whse facility! 😉👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: EdM Re: FedEx apology - 07/28/22
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Who uses DHL for domestic shipping? That's just crazy...

Indeed.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: FedEx apology - 07/28/22
Some online retailers don't give you a choice. They ship by price and service be damned.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: FedEx apology - 07/28/22
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Some online retailers don't give you a choice. They ship by price and service be damned.

Yup, mostly those run by MBA Accountants who only care about the bottom line and whatever bonuses that accompany that policy.

OpticsPlanet and their offshoot, DVOR, are the biggest culprits I have bought from that use DHL. Never arrives when expected, "tracking" is a joke, not a useful tool, and packaging is usually damaged when it finally does get here.

Ed
Posted By: efw Re: FedEx apology - 07/28/22
DHL is the absolute worst. Seriously. They make the USPS look efficient.
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: FedEx apology - 07/28/22
I’ve had items shipped through DHL a few times. It’s usually been for oversized items. My experiences were the same as most everyone else here. Very slow delivery times with little updating as it moved through the system.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: FedEx apology - 07/28/22
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
OpticsPlanet and their offshoot, DVOR, are the biggest culprits I have bought from that use DHL. Never arrives when expected, "tracking" is a joke, not a useful tool, and packaging is usually damaged when it finally does get here.

Ed
Must be a location thing. DHL has never delivered anything I've ordered from them.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: FedEx apology - 07/28/22
Ordered some "pieces/parts" from PSA.
I got a notice of shipment via UPS.
Charlotte, NC to Houston, TX
Houston, TX to Memphis, TN
Memphis, TN to Dallas, TX
Dallas, TX to OKC
OKC to Lawton, OK
THEN delivered to me!
Posted By: badger Re: FedEx apology - 07/28/22
I use them for shipping parts from Europe. Had a Porsche fuel tank shipped from France in 3 days. I have not used them for domestic shipping, though.
Posted By: Huncho Re: FedEx apology - 07/28/22
USPS are the worst, No one can change my mind about it.
© 24hourcampfire