Home
Posted By: shrapnel 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
This is our 50th year class reunion. I had this GTO when I was in High School and still have it today.

Nothing has changed...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

59 years for me this time around. We've got a "classes of the 1960's" reunion coming up next month, and for the third time, I'll probably be the only one in attendance riding a motorcycle. Next year, the Class of 63 will have our 60th. reunion, and hopefully, I'll be the only biker at that one. There's a bunch of OLD geezers and butt-ugly women who attend those things! The guys have it better than the gals- - - -we can show up with a bald head and a beer belly and still think we're sexy!
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Badass!
Very nice. No doubt about it that you did good holding on to that car for 50 years and probably did good keeping the wife too.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Man, that is cool!

I covet your GTO.
Posted By: MAC Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Had my 40th last year. I wish I still had the 76 Jeep Renegade I drove in HS but it got tore up bad in a blizzard on an elk hunt and was sold for parts.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Sweet. That's a 1965 model, no?

It would be interesting to know how much you've driven the car over the years, and what you've had to do to keep it in shape mechanically and cosmetically. It looks damn good!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Man, that is cool!

I covet your GTO.

Whats new? Dimocraps covet everything nice owned by someone else.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
This is our 50th year class reunion. I had this GTO when I was in High School and still have it today.

Nothing has changed...

Nice. Shrap, that car held up better than you, better than us others too. frown
Posted By: tikkanut Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22

Nothing has changed...

O M G...........x10
Where’d your hair go?

I’d swap my hair for your Goat
Posted By: ironbender Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Originally Posted by RiverRider

It would be interesting to know how much you've driven the car over the years, and what you've had to do to keep it in shape mechanically and cosmetically. It looks damn good!
He keeps the cats off of it.
hint 😉
Posted By: hanco Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
The class behind us is having their 50 this year, they invited the class of 71 and 73 also.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
"...really looking fine
three deuces and a 4-speed
And a 389..."
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Those people were not my friends then & they’re not my friends now though we all still live in the same small town.
Posted By: Otter Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Our 50th was supposed to be 2 years ago but was canceled because of you know what. Last one I attended was the 30th, first one I went to was the 20th. Didn't have a close knit group of classmates way back when and only a few I still am in contact with. Several died in workplace accidents, 1 or 2 didn't make it back from 'Nam and a few offed themselves. Not p-o'd at anyone or anything, I just decided to move on.

Cool GTO . . . Shrapnel. My first was a '57 Chevy 2-dr post. I'm not very good with motors & such, so sold it in about '85(?).

Have fun at your 50th.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Those people were not my friends then & they’re not my friends now though we all still live in the same small town.

I didn’t say I went to the reunion, I said they had it here. I didn’t like school or the students much, and when school got out, I left and never even came back for graduation…
Posted By: SamOlson Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Sexy.
Posted By: Higginez Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Very nice Shrap!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Sixty for me.
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
I went to my 5th reunion as I was the first to have a well paying job and owned their own house (at least of those who were not trust fund babies) and again to my 35th as I was the first one to retire. I was one of the poor kids at that school so had to rub in my "success".
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Where’d your hair go?

I’d swap my hair for your Goat

Me too
Posted By: mark shubert Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
All through school, I was the runt everybody picked on, and bullied.
'Til my senior year, when I'd grown 8" in 6 months. Then, NObody picked on me.
First reunion I attended was the 20th, and I've had more fun at reunions than all through school!
Folks change. (We just had our 50th - 2 years late)
I was invited to 2 others - '69 and '71 - and flat had a ball at each.
Posted By: coobie Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
:grin How Cool is that..
Posted By: EdM Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
I hope it doesn't have one of those yellow coils... Nice story Shrapnel.
Posted By: dale06 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Went to my 50th three years ago. About 30 of the class of 54 attended. We have a reunion every five years. I’ve made almost all of them. It’s the same group that attend most every reunion. Some of us travel 100s of miles to attend, and some that live less than five miles from the event, don’t attend.
I liked school and really enjoy going to these.

And very nice GTO. Neighbor kid had one, 65, 389 with three deuces and 4 speed.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Baby-moons ,, Ansons ...
Posted By: brush_buster Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Went to my 50th four years ago and was disappointed only a bunch of old people showed up. Dance floor was pretty crowded with all the walkers.
Hey! We're lucky to be on the right side of the grass.
Posted By: Raeford Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Originally Posted by RiverRider

We had a 65 LeMans conv., yellow body/black ragtop.

I was 2 when dad bought it.

I called it a 'GGO'

About reunions have yet to make one after 40+ years, I see and communicate with the few that I like.

Wife drug me to her 20th[she was a class officer and felt she/we should attend]

They did the awards thing, longest married was given to a friend of hers, they stated the 'married since date' and I perked up and started to say something just as an elbow hit my ribs.
We have em by 2 years but who's counting.
Posted By: CCCC Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
That is so cool - have a great time and enjoy the ride.

If there are any left, we will have our 70th reunion fairly soon. The Corvette was just being invented back then. I would love to drive my 67 to the reunion - have owned it for 51 years - but the run would be almost 3k miles.

Hope you enjoy every minute of that experience, Shrapnel.
Even when I was in school, I wasn't. A bunch of us skipped school one afternoon and headed to Chet Huntley's house. He was a famous newscaster and was relocating to Bozeman and promoting the Big Sky mess they built up the Gallatin Canyon. We ended up burglarizing his place and I ended up in jail.

After the whole thing settled, I wrote Chet a note and apologized for our bad behavior. He wrote me back and was a decent guy about the whole thing.

He could have shot all of us, but I'm glad he didn't.

50 years later and I still hate Big Sky...

Posted By: poboy Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
I graduated at a very small school.
We voted to never have reunions.
Originally Posted by ironbender
hint 😉

A little elementary math here...

This...

plus this...

Equals this...

Posted By: Raeford Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
wink grin wink grin
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Originally Posted by Reloder28

I didn’t say I went to the reunion, I said they had it here. I didn’t like school or the students much, and when school got out, I left and never even came back for graduation…

+1 I have 2 or 3 that I occasionally keep up with. If not rarely. That is all. My 50th is in September.
Posted By: Windfall Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
One thing that I noticed at our 50th was that there were an awfully lot of old people there. Holy smokes Shrap, you had a GTO in high school? One senior in our class had a Mustang out in the parking lot and she was on a pedestal. We all drove pedal bikes or little Hondas.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Even when I was in school, I wasn't. A bunch of us skipped school one afternoon and headed to Chet Huntley's house. He was a famous newscaster and was relocating to Bozeman and promoting the Big Sky mess they built up the Gallatin Canyon. We ended up burglarizing his place and I ended up in jail.

After the whole thing settled, I wrote Chet a note and apologized for our bad behavior. He wrote me back and was a decent guy about the whole thing.

He could have shot all of us, but I'm glad he didn't.

50 years later and I still hate Big Sky...

Huntley / Brinkley report news cast? I remember watching it with my dad.
Posted By: pullit Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
very cool
Posted By: BC30cal Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
shrapnel;
Good morning my cyber friend, I hope we're not sending too, too much smoke down your way and that all who matter in your world are well.

Thanks for the thread and photos, I've always had a bit of a thing for the mid '60's Lemans and Cutlass styled cars.

Somehow I knew you'd had your GTO a long time, but not since school. That's amazing and quite rare to keep something up for half a century - kudos.

Honestly I struggle with wanting to keep up the midlife crisis 40th Anniversary rag top that I've only had for 7 years.

Thanks again and all the best.

Dwayne
Posted By: Tuco Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
I graduated from high school fifty years ago and scarcely remember it. I never had the slightest interest in attending any reunion(s) and had no idea they were still a "thing."
Posted By: ironbender Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
hint 😉

This...

plus this...

Equals this...

I remember that.
I’ve been to all the reunions. I loved high school, was a footballer, ran track, was way better than my home life. I enjoy seeing how the people have changed.

Football was fun, loved knocking the hell out of someone. I liked practice, drills, especially bull in the ring. They don’t let them do bull in the ring anymore. They don’t have two practices a day anymore from what I’ve heard.

There was 47 in my class, 15 are dead, going to a funeral of one of them Thursday.
Posted By: Higginez Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
The car

The arrest

The hatred for Big Sky

The letter

The trapped cat

Thread of the year!
Originally Posted by Higginez
The car

The arrest

The hatred for Big Sky

The letter

The trapped cat

Thread of the year!

Guys like John Burns have tried to build up their image on the Campfire. It can be done, but you need more than an AR platform rifle to do it.

My closet, though not entirely exposed, is full of epic adventures that few have dreamed of. You have to be careful how you relate those experiences so people don’t categorize you with the likes of Big Stick, who has ruined a lot of guns, but still keep your image untarnished and appear like Jim Conrad.

There is a lot of color on the Campfire, I try be colorful and still not get black and blue..
Posted By: losttrail60 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Originally Posted by Higginez
The car

The arrest

The hatred for Big Sky

The letter

The trapped cat

Thread of the year!

Guys like John Burns have tried to build up their image on the Campfire. It can be done, but you need more than an AR platform rifle to do it.

My closet, though not entirely exposed, is full of epic adventures that few have dreamed of. You have to be careful how you relate those experiences so people don’t categorize you with the likes of Big Stick, who has ruined a lot of guns, but still keep your image untarnished and appear like Jim Conrad.

There is a lot of color on the Campfire, I try be colorful and still not get black and blue..

LOL, plenty of egos too.

A guy that thinks he is a big hitter on the fire isn't squat on a different forum.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
hint 😉

This...

plus this...

Equals this...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Slyvestor got room temp.....
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: cowman Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
You did something different with your hair...cat pic is awesome grin
Posted By: Bwana338 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
I graduated from a small school and maybe 20 of the class is still alive, I doubt it though.

The last high school reunion I went to was the 10 year one, as I was working close by at the time. Missed the 20, 30, 40 & 50 year ones, and you know what no one has called me. There is plans for a 55 year reunion and I am not sure I will make the time to take it in, I am thinking I have a hunting trip planned with some friends to Africa while it is on going.

The college 50 Year reunion, I received a letter last week to see if I was attending. I probable will miss that one also as we have plans for that week. The thing is all the friends that I used to run with in college have passed on, not a single one still alive. The thing is the college is having an all school reunion this year, and even if you went, you would have a slim chance of running into some of the old class mates while you attended. They only have a 2 1/2 to 3 hours all school social hour get together at the same time in the same building (field house).

Maybe, if the college were to have 55 year reunions, I may schedule to take that one in as it would coincide with a second 50 year class reunion for advanced degrees graduates and there were only about 150 of us that year, and some of those fellows would be Nice to touch base with.

I have found out you usually stay in touch with friends for life and friendship works both ways. You both call each other from time to time and it is like you never missed a beat while talking.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Nice Car....I have a little more respect for you now that I know you did not attend the reunion.
Recently, a lady I hadn't seen since we graduated in 1963 looked me up and got in touch. She's surprisingly well-preserved and active for a 77 year old. There's a pretty good possibility we might both arrive at next year's 60 year reunion on my Harley.
Posted By: Stammster Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Nothing changed? Really? This country is a [bleep] compared to 50 years ago.

And the tires are different.
Posted By: Morewood Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
That's a badass car. Good on you for keeping it up.
Posted By: hemiallen Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Nice Pontiac and congrats Kirk on achieving 50 years after graduation.

I had a second hand 64 Lemans 326HO and powerglide, in Aquamarine. Loved the car. Dad wanted a GTO but realized mom couldn't drive a stick shift so the HO Lemans was purchased. A 389-3 speed trans gave her longer burnouts but 5mph less top end. Single 4 bbl or tri-power optioned?
Posted By: 12344mag Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Had a gal tell me I should go to my 25 year reunion when it came up, I told her I didn't like all the fuqktards in High School why would I want to go spend time with them now?

The look on her face was priceless!
Originally Posted by hemiallen

I had a second hand 64 Lemans 326HO and powerglide, in Aquamarine. Loved the car. Dad wanted a GTO but realized mom couldn't drive a stick shift so the HO Lemans was purchased. A 389-3 speed trans gave her longer burnouts but 5mph less top end. Single 4 bbl or tri-power optioned?

Originally Posted by 12344mag
Had a gal tell me I should go to my 25 year reunion when it came up, I told her I didn't like all the fuqktards in High School why would I want to go spend time with them now?

Bruh. WTF? Lol!
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Shrap,

All I can say is you know how to hold on to real classics. You have impeccable taste. In ski hills, too.

You should know that the best day EVER I had skiing was at Pig Sty. My last winter at Bozeman (I needed 4 credits but still took 16) I'd bought a statewide super duper pass. 1983 was a good snow year. So on Friday night, Bridger gets 28 inches, the Pig gets 20. I could either stand in line or ski, right? Turned out the Andesite side was a field of Volkswagen-sized marshmallows, SO soft and round. About four Bridger people wound up there with me, and nobody else. Never have I gotten so much easy air.

But Pig Sty still skunks.

Nothing has changed...

Sweet GOAT Shrap! You, ah, didn't happen to sing under the name Bobby Goldsboro back in those days perchance?

Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

Nothing has changed...

Sweet GOAT Shrap! You, ah, didn't happen to sing under the name Bobby Goldsboro back in those days perchance?

Yes, when I wasn't driving the GTO Or the Honda Motosport...

I am with Shrap and several of the others on this thread.

Our fiftith reunion is in a couple years. I live a mile from the school. Went there 1'st through 12'th. Out of 75 classmates, maybe 10 of them were not complete snobs, stuck on them self asses or jocks.

I faced a lot of resentment because I was the poor white trash kid with cow schitt still on his boots from morning milking chores, but who threw off the curve by acing every Science and Math test for four years.

No, I will be absent from this reunion as I have every other. As I have heard around town, the ten other kids I would walk across the street to say Hi to, have never attended a reunion either.
I've enjoyed our, odd, some will fly across country, some won't drive five miles.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/02/22
Our 50 would of been this year. No one organized it and no one sent any invitations. We do an all class reunion in October during the Covered Bridge Festival. I will try to make it.

kwg
“Nothing has changed.”

Aaah, I’m not sure that’s true Shrap. 🙂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: 12344mag Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22

Bruh. WTF? Lol!

She was one of the "Popular" girls in high school, at the time 25 years later she was still living in the high school era. You should have seen the look on her face.....
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
“Nothing has changed.”

Lol, in 1975 you looked like a porn star.....in 2019 you looked like Red Foreman.......

Bruh. WTF? Lol!

She was one of the "Popular" girls in high school, at the time 25 years later she was still living in the high school era. You should have seen the look on her face.....

#peakedinhighschool
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
Kirk,

I went to the 30th reunions of both the class before me, and mine (1971) at Bozeman Senior High School. BSHS was of course also affectionately called Bullschidt-Horseschidt.) I found the people I liked in high school I still liked, and the asswholes were still asswholes. Those were a year or two before what would have been your 30th.

Also discovered that the attraction to the same females in the class continued! But must point out that you definitely married up.... (Of course I did too....)

Nice GTO. Have only seen it briefly during our stops at your house. My first car back then was a 1964 Mercury station wagon with a 430 V-8, push-button automatic transmission, padded dash and seats, electric windows and seat adjustments. It had enough room to haul several friends around Bozeman--IF they each paid me a quarter, as in town it got around 4 miles per gallon. Though of course that's when gas was around 25 cents a gallon. (There was also enough carpeted room in back for other adventures.) Bought it for $15 and sold it a year later for $25--a good investment.

Still keep in contact with some of my classmates, especially a few who live in and around Townsend. Didn't make the 50th reunion last year due to other commitments, but might try this year.

Oh, by the way, that pre-'64 .270 Featherweight I picked up at Capital Sports last week shoots great....

John
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
“Nothing has changed.”

Lol, in 1975 you looked like a porn star.....in 2019 you looked like Red Foreman.......
A little bit like Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry. You just know that there’s a S&W 29 under that jacket. Times a bitch it catches up to us all but at least my 50th reunion isn’t until 2045.
Posted By: reivertom Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
You guys are old....mine isn't for another 3 years.
Posted By: 1minute Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
Ours (50th) in 2020 was canceled due to the virus. Guess we'll have to wait for 2025. Was not really with the in crowd being an amazingly poor student out of 127. When I eventually applied for college after 4 yrs in the USN the registrar found my credentials most unimpressive but decided they could take my $$$ for a semester or two. Was obviously a slow learner as I did college for the next 10 years. Only two of us out of the class, however, went on to get PhD's.
Posted By: Craigster Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
PhD in what ?
Posted By: shrapnel Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Kirk,

I went to the 30th reunions of both the class before me, and mine (1971) at Bozeman Senior High School. BSHS was of course also affectionately called Bullschidt-Horseschidt.) I found the people I liked in high school I still liked, and the asswholes were still asswholes. Those were a year or two before what would have been your 30th.

Also discovered that the attraction to the same females in the class continued! But must point out that you definitely married up.... (Of course I did too....)

Nice GTO. Have only seen it briefly during our stops at your house. My first car back then was a 1964 Mercury station wagon with a 430 V-8, push-button automatic transmission, padded dash and seats, electric windows and seat adjustments. It had enough room to haul several friends around Bozeman--IF they each paid me a quarter, as in town it got around 4 miles per gallon. Though of course that's when gas was around 25 cents a gallon. (There was also enough carpeted room in back for other adventures.) Bought it for $15 and sold it a year later for $25--a good investment.

Still keep in contact with some of my classmates, especially a few who live in and around Townsend. Didn't make the 50th reunion last year due to other commitments, but might try this year.

Oh, by the way, that pre-'64 .270 Featherweight I picked up at Capital Sports last week shoots great....

John

Aahhh, yes the class of 1971, one of the toughest classes through BSHS. I had that GTO at school every day from February of 1971 on.

I am heading to Helena again tomorrow, any chance Eileen will have something yummy for lunch?
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
That's freaking sweet! The car's not bad either...
Posted By: 1minute Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
PhD in what ?

BS in Wildlife Mgt and Forestry. Masters in Rangeland Management, PhD in Rangeland Management followed by 28 yrs with USDA Agricultural Research Service. Been a good life.
Posted By: hemiallen Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
Thanks for the engine photo, and glad you got the 3-deuce option. My 70 Cuda came with 3 deuces, but I only got them sinc'd once before swapping motors. It sure gave a thrill when they all pumped fuel properly. Mechanical trumps old, vacuum outboard carbs.

Heck, I was thinking 50 year reunion means you're old, then John posted a math lesson for me, I'm not that far behind being class of '77. LOL . A dose of reality stings ever so slightly once I realized I too am older than I admit to thinking. But I'm a young, old guy. :-)
Posted By: greydog Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
We had our 55th this summer. I always enjoy them. My time in high school was not a lot different than my time in the Army. I was required to attend both and, while I didn't really appreciate either experience at the time, I have fond memories of both. I'm pretty comfortable in my own (wrinkled) skin and am pleased enough with my station in life. I like the GTO. GD
Posted By: benchman Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
My 50th is this year too. The powers that be decided a dinner at the Yacht Club was a good idea. Too much money for my type...I did go to the 45th, and it was nice. I just wish they didn't play the music so loud that you couldn't hear anybody talk. I didn't go there to hear music, but to talk. Anyway, I guess the Country Club set will be happy.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
Love this thread.
Makes me feel better about our 35th next month.(wife's 30th also)

Haven't made one yet, maybe the next.

Only person from a class of 140 I talk to often is a co-worker.
He went to one and isn't interested in going to another.

What do you talk about with strangers you haven't seen since the
last century?
Money?
How you make it, what you've spent it on?

Was a straight arrow, poor, country kid.
Should have been in prep classes, took general/vo-tech.
Hated school and being controlled by smart ass teachers.

Maybe the wife and I will go out someplace nice that night,
enjoy time with someone we like in a relaxed atmosphere.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
They get better, no bragging.
Impressive. Cool car.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
This thread got me to wondering. 50th is still 2 years away. (Class of 74). So I got to looking. Found a public Faceberg page so I checked it out. I don’t do Faceberg but it let me scope it out. Saw many old fat people. I don’t know these people!!!!!

Apparently with the current attrition rates, they have some kind of gathering every year. I remember going to the 10th anniv. I really have nothing in common with these people. Didn’t 50 years ago either.

I doubt I would be remembered by any of these ancients. The next gathering is in November. Still not sure I want to make my presence known.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
I don't like running across ONE of those people.
Posted By: Chisos Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22

In '67, a friend one grade ahead of me shelled the 3 speed trans on his '65 GTO and called me to come take a look at it. He had the transmission laying out in his driveway and when I glanced at it, I asked him where his tranny was as the one in the driveway was a Ford unit. He said that was the one that was in his car. Did some checking at the Pontiac house and found GM had a 3 speed shortage around '65 and had contracted Ford to produce their tranny with the GM bolt pattern and input shaft.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I don't like running across ONE of those people.

I understand what you mean, Lt. !
Posted By: cra1948 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
Originally Posted by Chisos

In '67, a friend one grade ahead of me shelled the 3 speed trans on his '65 GTO and called me to come take a look at it. He had the transmission laying out in his driveway and when I glanced at it, I asked him where his tranny was as the one in the driveway was a Ford unit. He said that was the one that was in his car. Did some checking at the Pontiac house and found GM had a 3 speed shortage around '65 and had contracted Ford to produce their tranny with the GM bolt pattern and input shaft.

Some of the legacy brand fanboys would be amazed at how inbred the (former) big three automakers were/are. When I worked at a GM aluminum foundry over 40 years ago, we made parts for Chrysler automatic transmissions, aluminum brake drums for Ford, and aluminum piston heads for everybody. There were other parts as well, but those come readily to what’s left of my mind. All the US automakers put the parts out to bid. Every plant was bidding against the other plants in the corporation as well as outside.
Posted By: losttrail60 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
I'm sure most of you crabby ol turds will not be missed at a reunion, party, or most any type of gathering.

What a bunch of sorry old bastards.
Originally Posted by losttrail60
I'm sure most of you crabby ol turds will not be missed at a reunion, party, or most any type of gathering.

And you’re the reason why all these crabby turds wouldn’t come to a reunion, they would be afraid to run into someone like you…

And you’re the reason why all these crabby turds wouldn’t come to a reunion, they would be afraid to run into someone like you…

Must be fun to be crabby and afraid of people. You best stay home and stroke your ego. No one will miss you I am sure.
Posted By: Raeford Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
lost-rails invite gets lost in the mail
everydamntime
I don’t need anymore women after me! Hell can’t make thru the damn grocery store without these old broads hitting on me.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I don’t need anymore women after me! Hell can’t make thru the damn grocery store without these old broads hitting on me.

"hitting on ya? or throwing canned goods at ya?"

#J/Kwon'tfunnee
Originally Posted by Raeford
lost-rails invite gets lost in the mail
everydamntime

Who the fugg still gets mail? LOL
It’s a full time job Raeford! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Must be fun to be crabby and afraid of people. You best stay home and stroke your ego. No one will miss you I am sure.

I’m not afraid of people like you I just don’t want to run into people like you. I’m sure you were in band because you’re the kind of people I used to beat up for fun before and after school.

I’m not afraid of people like you I just don’t want to run into people like you. I’m sure you were in band because you’re the kind of people I used to beat up for fun before and after school.

Nahh, guys with haircuts like yours keep me in lunch money and sore knuckles. To bad you are afraid to go to your reunion, your words not mine.
The guys that use to beat on you probably would leave you alone now.
lost-rails
One of the original New Joisey toughguys
Posted By: jbmi Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
Have number 60 coming up next summer, will be fun watching a bunch of 78 years olds trying to do the Twist.
Had a class of 250, already have lost about 40%, lot's of good friends gone. Nam was hard on my class.
Back in 63 owning a car in HS was a big thing. Lots of late model 50's , mine was a 55 Merc. You could buy a nice driver for around $300.
We get a decent turn out, we had a close knit class, there were the regular group of outsiders, but no one picked on each other and many played sports together.
There is a group of us that are still gearheads, many own sweet looking rides like yours. This year I'll show up with my newest Summer Ride, and get a lot of attention, but some of the guys still have their 60 dream cars that bring back sweet memories.
One thing about reunions, the girls seem to look better and the guys sure look older.
Still have the same wife, met in college and have been married 54 years.
Nice ride[s]

Nahh, guys with haircuts like yours keep me in lunch money and sore knuckles. To bad you are afraid to go to your reunion, your words not mine.

What happened, you used to admire Shrapnel. Jealousy kick in?

Are you the shrapnel that posts a lot over on Hunttalk?

If so you have some dang fine firearms.
Some of my classmates are in a nursing home, and some are not living.

Are you stupid?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
This thread got me to wondering. 50th is still 2 years away. (Class of 74). So I got to looking. Found a public Faceberg page so I checked it out. I don’t do Faceberg but it let me scope it out. Saw many old fat people. I don’t know these people!!!!!

Apparently with the current attrition rates, they have some kind of gathering every year. I remember going to the 10th anniv. I really have nothing in common with these people. Didn’t 50 years ago either.

I doubt I would be remembered by any of these ancients. The next gathering is in November. Still not sure I want to make my presence known.

Go Bob,

Dress appropriately.

Some of that garb we see pictures of you wearing would seem appropriate...................to me.

Or maybe just hickory bibs?..................with puttees just for fun?
Coming up soon for me. If I can make it to SoCal, I might even get a saltwater fishing trip in with the relatives still there. And maybe if the waves are right some body surfing.
Put in your number.
In all honesty, I hated school. From the very first day of first grade until high school graduation.
In all honesty, I hated school. From the very first day of first grade until high school graduation.
It was assigned, so I did it.

Should have graduated in summer of my Junior year, but had to take one class in first semester of senior year as my GPA was 1/2 point below what "they" decided was the qualifying point to take that extra class my junior year.

Somewhere in my mess, I have the report cards from K-3 grades. Already there were excellent and above average marks for scheidt I deemed worthy of my effort............and failures for crap I didn't enjoy and things like paying attention in class, being a good classmate, blah blah blah.

The nuns said I wasn't applying myself and that I was a disturbance at times. Nowadays I think they call it "he's somewhere on the Spectrum"

When I got to college, I mostly liked school as I could study what I wanted............except they still made me take "personal development" and fine arts classes. Argumentation and Native American Art filled those so I wasn't completely unhappy.
Posted By: Windfall Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
I didn’t go to all mine either, but the wife tells me that there is a natural progression to how the conversations go.

10 year it is all about where you went on to school and how successful you’ve been.

20 year it is about what successful children you have raised.

30 year it is about what wonderful grand children that your kids have had.

40 year is all about all the stuff that you have acquired and looking forward to retiring.

50 year is that you are still upright and in good health and nobody gives a rip what you have or have done.

We have a very active couple of people from our class who keep a running log of who croaked and shake us down for a scholarship fund for our school every reunion.
Posted By: Judman Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
Damn nice gto 👊🏻

This was me, all the way through school. When I was in elementary school, I figured that all the teachers had to be convicted felons sentenced to teach school, because I couldn’t believe anyone that got out of school would ever go back intentionally….

This was me, all the way through school. When I was in elementary school, I figured that all the teachers had to be convicted felons sentenced to teach school, because I couldn’t believe anyone that got out of school would ever go back intentionally….

Thank you Shrap!
I know that everyone doesn't have it, but I'm surprised reunions are still an active thing with the invent of Facebook. I'm younger than the majority here but I keep in touch with alot of who I went to school with on there. Worked great for dating when I went through a divorce too.
We had our 50th a couple years ago only because a couple of lower classes invited us. Whether we would have gotten it done ourselves is an open question. It might speak to the fact that our class is finished with get-togethers. I greatly enjoyed it. I also enjoyed high school and school in general.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
Originally Posted by Raeford

"hitting on ya? or throwing canned goods at ya?"

#J/Kwon'tfunnee

Bob often goes to the supermarket dead broke, but carries bag after bag of canned goods into his kitchen. I think that's pretty damned clever, myself.

Are you stupid?

Lol, that's what I thought, jealousy is a childish emotion, are you still in high school?
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22
12 years of catholic school for me. As each year went by, I hated it more. I wouldn't go to a reunion if it was held walking distance to my house. The asshats can reunion all they want.

College was so much better.

If I ever ran into one or 2 priests in particular that taught me in high school, I would deliver them an ass kicking. Seriously.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
12 years of catholic school for me. As each year went by, I hated it more. I wouldn't go to a reunion if it was held walking distance to my house. The asshats can reunion all they want.

If I ever ran into one or 2 priests in particular that taught me in high school, I would deliver them an ass kicking. Seriously.

I would pay to see a Priest get his ass kicked. Nothing against Catholics or priests, it’s just a spectacle I would like to see rather than imagine…
Posted By: tikkanut Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/03/22

I would pay to see a Priest get his ass kicked. Nothing against Catholics or priests, it’s just a spectacle I would like to see rather than imagine…

back to the GTO...........

My '68 Dart GTS 340 would have give ya a run fur your money

If not.....

The '70 440 6 pack 'Cuda would'a blown your doors off

Man..those were the days
have 1-2 pics

bought it from the original owner in '70 for $1400

Sold it to a buddy 2 yrs later......he still has it along with his original wife ):

Here's a quick pic........Nov '18

wish'd I was 20 YO again

Posted By: rylee1 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/04/22
Sound like a bunch of folks here are at or near the 50 year era. 1972 seems like yesterday. Almost scary but its been a good run. Still cant decide if I wanna see any of those people or not, I do keep in touch with a couple, most of the guys I hung around with are gone now.. Closer to the end than the beginning is not all bad
Posted By: renegade50 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/04/22
My 40th was last year.

Melissa Brown called me about the 20th one with her chirpy little voice phone call.
Always reminded me of the little chickens mom in the fog horn leg horn cartoon anyways...

"No interest sweetie"...
Tell everyone I said "Hello" and I hope they ain't living in their dead relatives inheritance homes and seen something in life beyond Penobscot county..

Take me off the list for any further ones.

Said "Bye Bye" and hung up....

That's how I roll...
On my own......
Posted By: shrapnel Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/04/22
Originally Posted by tikkanut

back to the GTO...........

My '68 Dart GTS 340 would have give ya a run fur your money

If not.....

The '70 440 6 pack 'Cuda would'a blown your doors off

Man..those were the days

A Dodge Dart with a 340? I remember seeing some of those back in those days but they were always in my rear view mirror.

The 440 Cuda is a different story, but you have to remember the muscle car era started with the GTO. But by 1970, there were a dozen or more cars that would stomp the Cuda…
Posted By: Bristoe Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/04/22
I moved away one year out of high school,...didn't see any of them until my tenth reunion in '84,.....didn't know them, they didn't know me.

I can't see any reason to do see them again 40 years later.
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/04/22
My 45 year reunion is in a couple of months. Seems like we have lost quite a few in the last five years.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/04/22
I went to a small school in a small town. My graduating class was 29. I didn't like school much, some of the most miserable years of my life, but the class was a good bunch of kids. I've seen a number of them off and on over the years. Most of them have done pretty well. Most of them were noticeably better off than I in school, better home lives. We had out 50th reunion 6 years ago. I enjoyed going. Kind of like the fantasy reunion for me; had at least two people tell me I looked better than I did in high school and that was true. Had my absolutely gorgeous wife on my arm who was just a baby when we graduated. (One of my classmates was her favorite HS teacher in the '80's.) Everybody up there knows us, knows how accomplished she is and that I've got the world right by the ass. Always wanted to go to my 50th HS reunion like that, probably something to do with overcoming my inferiority complex. Can't wait for the 60th.
Posted By: Springcove Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/04/22
Very cool. Thank you for sharing the story and the pictures.

I am not afraid of anyone. But am certainly disgusted by many in a major way. Hell there is a good chance a few of us would find you quite disgusting.
I skipped mine… bastards wanted something like $250 a head…
Posted By: Krazi Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/04/22
I think it is cool that this went to the cars of that era. I drove a chevy vega wagon but pumped gas for a living. I saw them all at the pumps. A lot of them had the filler behind the back license plate. I think that is where I got all my Drain Bramage from sucking in that premium fuel while filling them up!
I have only been to one reunion. My 60th will be in a few years. Like Shrapnel, I doubt if I attend. It is mostly a gathering of old jocks remembering they were legends in their own minds. Most of my old pals are dead or not going so nothing missed.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/06/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad
It was assigned, so I did it.

Should have graduated in summer of my Junior year, but had to take one class in first semester of senior year as my GPA was 1/2 point below what "they" decided was the qualifying point to take that extra class my junior year.

Somewhere in my mess, I have the report cards from K-3 grades. Already there were excellent and above average marks for scheidt I deemed worthy of my effort............and failures for crap I didn't enjoy and things like paying attention in class, being a good classmate, blah blah blah.

The nuns said I wasn't applying myself and that I was a disturbance at times. Nowadays I think they call it "he's somewhere on the Spectrum"

When I got to college, I mostly school as I could study what I wanted............except they still made me take "personal development" and fine arts classes. Argumentation and Native American Art filled those so I wasn't completely unhappy.
Speaking of nuns - I failed Catechism in 5th grade!
Posted By: Epishemore Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/06/22
Graduated HS in 1970. Most of us are turning 70 this year.
Posted By: DMc Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/06/22
Went to mine and was disappointed how old the bitches were.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: 50 Year Class Reunion - 08/07/22
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I have only been to one reunion. My 60th will be in a few years. Like Shrapnel, I doubt if I attend. It is mostly a gathering of old jocks remembering they were legends in their own minds. Most of my old pals are dead or not going so nothing missed.

Just like Al Bundy…

© 24hourcampfire