Home
Posted By: shrapnel Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
When an underwater volcano in Tonga erupted in January, it belched out more than ash and volcanic gases; it also spewed 58,000 Olympic-size swimming pools' worth of water vapor into Earth's atmosphere, a new study finds…

https://www.livescience.com/tonga-eruption-water-vapor

The weather we are experiencing that the green politicians want to blame on global warming caused by man, is really a result of the natural consequences of an under water volcano. I wonder why they won’t report that?
Posted By: sactoller Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
Sun spots affect our climate more than man.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
They're making a big deal out of it but note that they say this is the 1st time that water has been accurately measured. They have nothing to compare it to. Many volcanoes in the past could have easily put a lot more water than this in the air but they didn't measure it to know. Science is discovering and measuring it accurately. Political activism is using scare tactics to make it more than it is.

This is similar to the hoop de do about the ozone hole when they said that freon was causing it go grow. It wasn't even discovered until the '70's and they had no idea how big it was before that. It could have as easily been much smaller than normal. They didn't know it was there before and had nothing to compare it to.

And they call it 'science'.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
Truth isn't allowed, there is to much money involved keeping the present narrative.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
Watch the movie, "Expelled. No intelligence allowed".

Science is no longer allowed in modern "science".
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
Shrap, thanks for the post/link.

Saw this from the article:

"This water vapor could end up being the most destructive part of the volcano's eruption because it could potentially exacerbate global warming and deplete the ozone layer, according to the study. "

Funny how they make this claim yet one of several "Proxies" they use in their computer models is water vapor, meaning they can't tell at any one time how much is in the atmosphere because it is changing form every minute of every hour...day...week etc. so they input what they guess what it might be and run with it.
Stick to the lie...

This too:

"This makes it the largest and highest injection of water into the stratosphere since satellites began taking measurements."

What they don't tell you is that satellite data has been around less than 60 years....the planet is over 3 billion years old. Go figure.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
How many tons of carbon / ash is spewed by the national forests being miss managed?

By the same people that want to Tax your carbon use.

Picture of my Smokey situation as we type!

Attached picture E3E0C6A7-F537-4B13-92BD-1E6222505E3D.jpeg
Posted By: 160user Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
Originally Posted by Angus1895
How many tons of carbon / ash is spewed by the national forests being miss managed?

Is that coming from the Moose fire on the Salmon-Challis?
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
..and that water vapor is going to stay in the vapor phase? I assume it was sea water, sea water is always evaporating. BFD.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
Originally Posted by Borchardt
..and that water vapor is going to stay in the vapor phase? I assume it was sea water, sea water is always evaporating. BFD.

Not anywhere near the rate it does as vapor. Once introduced into the atmosphere, that 58,000 swimming pools of water has had an effect on the recent weather and the massive flooding both in Yellowstone and what is going on in Kentucky right now.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
Wish some of that water vapor would make it to Texas. Fast !
I am doing my part and leaving the lawn more on idle 8 hours a day.
Posted By: poboy Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
Thanks Shrap.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22

OMG,ypu live in Australia!!
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
I'm still waiting for the next ice age to begin. As of the early to mid 1970's we were entering the next ice age. I wonder if any of those fear mongering liars are still around. Somebody ought to ask them about it.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
Moose fire, and another………

Last time I heard they tried to sell timber two or three years ago, no one bid.

No saw mills close enough.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
Water vapor is wore greenhouse gqs than CO2. The Tonga volcano is expected to add 10% to water vapor in the stratosphere and it will las several years.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Water vapor is wore greenhouse gqs than CO2. The Tonga volcano is expected to add 10% to water vapor in the stratosphere and it will las several years.
Water vapor is much worse than CO2. However, there's no way to control or tax it and that's the whole game here.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Real Global Warming - 08/02/22
This is all just silly talk. If you want to prevent future underwater volcanos, then you need to buy an electric vehicle.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Real Global Warming - 08/03/22
Huntz it took me about two hours of watering trees before I understood your post.

LMAO!
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Real Global Warming - 08/03/22
Proof of Global Warming.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Proof of Global Warming.jpg
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Real Global Warming - 08/03/22
It probably blew a new hole in the ozone layer, now were are fugged.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Real Global Warming - 08/05/22
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Borchardt

Not anywhere near the rate it does as vapor. Once introduced into the atmosphere, that 58,000 swimming pools of water has had an effect on the recent weather and the massive flooding both in Yellowstone and what is going on in Kentucky right now.

How does the water vapor get from Tonga to Kentucky since there is very little to no atmospheric exchange between the Northern and Southern Hemisphere?
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Real Global Warming - 08/05/22
58,000 swimming pools is literally a drop in the ocean. At any moment, there are about 50 actively erupting volcanoes on the planet, spewing million of tons of sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, other gasses, ash, smoke, and water vapor into the atmosphere. And those are only the volcanoes above the surface.

One hurricane takes more water vapor out of the atmosphere than this volcano has put in. Probably many times more, if it could be accurately measured. To say that it rained it Kentucky because of a volcano in Tonga is ludicrous beyond measure.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Real Global Warming - 08/05/22
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
58,000 swimming pools is literally a drop in the ocean. At any moment, there are about 50 actively erupting volcanoes on the planet, spewing million of tons of sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, other gasses, ash, smoke, and water vapor into the atmosphere. And those are only the volcanoes above the surface.

One hurricane takes more water vapor out of the atmosphere than this volcano has put in. Probably many times more, if it could be accurately measured. To say that it rained it Kentucky because of a volcano in Tonga is ludicrous beyond measure.

You might try reading the link, I didn’t write it, I just posted it, but there is evidence that most here won’t believe because it isn’t in their wheelhouse of knowledge…

This makes it the largest and highest injection of water into the stratosphere since satellites began taking measurements.

"We estimate that the excess water vapor is equivalent to around 10% of the amount of water vapor typically residing in the stratosphere," which is the biggest increase scientists have ever seen, researchers wrote in the new paper, published online July 1 in the journal Geophysical Research Letters. The water vapor may remain in the stratosphere for around half a decade, the researchers wrote.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Real Global Warming - 08/05/22
What's the problem? We need commonsense volcano control, duh.

The Left
Posted By: mikieb Re: Real Global Warming - 08/05/22
Remember acid rain ???

then they came out with the ozone layer depletion from the hair spray and freeon...

now they are on Global warming because of the carbon release from burning fossil fuels that at on time was actually carbon in the very same atmosphere to begin with...

all this worry.... but not a care in the world over all the nuclear warheads hanging over our heads....
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Real Global Warming - 08/05/22
I read it, Shrap. What I found among all the "could" "might" "possibly" and "maybe" qualifiers was the statement that some effects may offset others and therefore they cannot predict what the results may be.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Real Global Warming - 08/06/22
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Wish some of that water vapor would make it to Texas. Fast !
I am doing my part and leaving the lawn more on idle 8 hours a day.

Fuqqin A
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Real Global Warming - 08/06/22
Originally Posted by shrapnel
When an underwater volcano in Tonga erupted in January, it belched out more than ash and volcanic gases; it also spewed 58,000 Olympic-size swimming pools' worth of water vapor into Earth's atmosphere, a new study finds…

https://www.livescience.com/tonga-eruption-water-vapor

The weather we are experiencing that the green politicians want to blame on global warming caused by man, is really a result of the natural consequences of an under water volcano. I wonder why they won’t report that?

Ha!, every time I confront some lefty with facts that don’t jibe with some wacky spoke dummy, such as Greta, they just get mad and quit talking. I’ve shutup more people doing that. Not one wants to continue the conversation. Must be my evil personality!
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Real Global Warming - 08/06/22

How about the >1000 square miles burned in NM this year - nearly half by the "scientists" (US Fire Starters and Bic Lighter Men)
All of this global warming by the left is might, be could be, we think.. One thing they don't want is for us to think. I would guess this natural act is something that would upset the left's lying apple cart.. Like anything that is true, you never see it on the news media.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Real Global Warming - 08/06/22
If, if, it is real, what are taxes going to do?
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Real Global Warming - 08/06/22
No human actions can change the climate, Climate Change is about wealth transfer from tax payers to liberal Dimorat Commie's, Climate Change is a HOAX I can't believe people are falling for CC. Rio7
Posted By: Stammster Re: Real Global Warming - 08/06/22
Hurricane Harvey dumped 33 Trillion gallons of water on Texas and Louisiana. That’s a 100x factor more than 58,000 “Olympic” swimming pools.
Originally Posted by mikieb
Remember acid rain ???

then they came out with the ozone layer depletion from the hair spray and freeon...

now they are on Global warming because of the carbon release from burning fossil fuels that at on time was actually carbon in the very same atmosphere to begin with...

all this worry.... but not a care in the world over all the nuclear warheads hanging over our heads....
And now it’s cows farting. Without having a PHD in global warming or cow farts. I can’t imagine that the biggest threat to our environment or the that the biggest cause of global warming is cows farting.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Real Global Warming - 08/06/22
Hard to tax a volcano, but they can tax us.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Real Global Warming - 08/06/22
Whenever u hear

It ain’t about da denerio….

It’s totally about da denerio

Government redistribution of wealth is their goal

Because they get a cut.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Real Global Warming - 08/06/22
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

First and foremost, The largest concentration of greenhouse gas is water vapor. CO2 is a fly fart in comparison. I no longer have access to upper air data like when I was employed but I can say this with reasonable certainty, where ever the winds aloft take that 10% excess moisture will probably have a nice rainy season. Maybe too nice,
PJ
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Real Global Warming - 08/06/22
It would be welcome almost anywhere in the mountain states. CA wants it too but screw them.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Real Global Warming - 08/06/22
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I read it, Shrap. What I found among all the "could" "might" "possibly" and "maybe" qualifiers was the statement that some effects may offset others and therefore they cannot predict what the results may be.

If anyone would know atmosphere, it would be you. The main thing is that that volcano had an impact that is notable, but because it didn’t fit the environmental community’s narrative, it never made the news.

Regardless of what the gallery comments on, it was a significant natural occurrence that remains unreported…
© 24hourcampfire