Home
Posted By: stxhunter Ethanol gas is the debel... - 08/02/22
full of rust and rubber residue. hope I can get it cleaned out enough to run.

BTDT. Hate the stuff.
I can't even begin to tell you the amount of trouble that crap has caused me over the years with small engines. I found a commercial fuel distribution facility a couple of years ago that sells 93 octane non ethanol and my life got a lot easier.
Ethanol fuel does not belong in small engines especially if you intend on leaving it in a fuel tank for more than a few weeks.
Whoever mandated that chit should be drowned in a vat of it.
It doesn't belong in any engine.
Yep, Utv/mower/weed eater/tiller/pressure washer/boat/generator, all get non-ethanol.
Well, no doubt ethanol is a bad idea for fuel.....engines, etc...

How has it affected agricultural markets . .....

Corn for feed/food vs corn for fuel? How has feeding the world been affected by the fuel industry having to resort to ethanol per regulatory requirement.

Good, bad, or maybe I should just STFU.

BTW, I only use ethanol free in any small engine
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Same goes for "no-spill" spouts on gas cans. I imagine they are responsible for more spilled gas than before they existed. I need to replace several spouts on gas cans and one diesel can.

Farm vote... guess who? GWB

Hahaha! It was all of you people.

The KBR needed some freedom so we invaded Iraq.

Gas and diesel skyrocketed....rubber became unobtainable.

The WHOLE United States cried long and loud for "renewables".

Anyway...youse guys are FOS. Today's gas...even with alcohol is way better than it used to be.
It's still a damned waste of what coulda been corn likker
Originally Posted by Raeford

Very true.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Ethanol gas is the debel... - 08/02/22
I heard a rumor that they are using wind turbines to make it!

I call it Obamagas
Posted By: BLG Re: Ethanol gas is the debel... - 08/02/22
Roger, I have had good success with B12. Neighbor had an edger that had sat for a couple of years. Took the tank off and doused it with B12. Took carb apart and got all of the goop out of the bowl and let it soak in B12. started on the second pull.

Clyde
I'll swim upsteam, I buy it. Don't let it sit in a carb.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I call it Obamagas

Proper name should be GrassleyGas.
Posted By: JPro Re: Ethanol gas is the debel... - 08/02/22
I only use it in fuel injected engines. Anything carbeurated gets non-E gas.
Any small engine here gets non-ethanol gas, period....
How much corn does it take to grow corn?
I don't believe in it politically or chemically.

No ethanol in ANY of my engines.
Starts first pull now.

Had that schidt fugg a dirt bike carb I could not clean it and could not start it. It is the only motorcycle I couldn't get to run on my own. I took the carb to a dealer, they dipped it for a couple days and were surprised at the amount of tarry goo that blew out of it. I made sure to replace the fuel line with ethanol safe fuel line.
I would rather piss in the tank than use ethanol gas.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Starts first pull now.

Good, now let's discuss the presses on the floor. WTF? Are you some kind of Savage? Do they need a good home?
Originally Posted by Raeford
Now here’s a man with good sense!
An ultra sonic cleaner will do the best job for you Roger.
We are in a looming food crisis, and they are using fertilizer to grow corn to shove in our cars to get less gas mileage.
I hate that schit in anything but late models... Luckily i have an old time farm town fuel & LP station 2 miles away that has non ethanol 87 and 91 octane... All i use in my Classics and power equipment... They also have 110 octane Turbo Blue leaded Race Gas at the pump... Always put a couple gallons of it in my higher compression stuff... Love the smell...
It's banned from use here.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
I call it Obamagas

Is that the 90 year old fart that is “gonna put Hillary in jail” about every 3 months?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'll swim upsteam, I buy it. Don't let it sit in a carb.
Grassley gas
Originally Posted by shootem
You mean without the subsidies
You mean without the subsidies
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I would rather piss in the tank than use ethanol gas.
This
Originally Posted by FatCity67
I call it Obamagas

Is that the 90 year old fart that is “gonna put Hillary in jail” about every 3 months?
Yes the good man from iowa that is a rhino pos
That Biden corn-gasoline is making my truck ping like a mofo under a light load in the late afternoon heat with A/C on. I keep pulling my foot out of the gas pedal and it makes my truck a slow-poke right lane loser. F u c k PedoBiden.
Originally Posted by smarquez
Starts first pull now.

Good, now let's discuss the presses on the floor. WTF? Are you some kind of Savage? Do they need a good home?
I took those out of storage the other day, one was frozen up so I soaked them with penetrating oil, need to take them inside now.
No way I could find it to post a link, but I once read 4 gallons of diesel fuel is burned in the production of 5 gallons of ethanol. That seems pretty efficient, no?
I recently bought a new fuel injected outboard motor for my new boat. The service manager advised me to put a fuel additive in the gas tank. He said the alcohol in the gas starts to separate out almost immediately. When it does, it attacks the fuel lines and seals in the engine. An additive keeps the alcohol from separating. For a few dollars, I can add less than 1/4 cup of additive to my three gal. fuel tank and prevent all of these problems. E
No way I could find it to post a link, but I once read 4 gallons of diesel fuel is burned in the production of 5 gallons of ethanol. That seems pretty efficient, no?

Not to mention the environmental damage caused by growing corn. Ag runoff from the increase in corn production has significantly impacted the Gulf Dead Zone.

https://gulfhypoxia.net/dead-zone-in-gulf-linked-to-ethanol-production/

I thought saving the environment was the reason for converting our food crops to fuel was the excuse for doing all this.

Sound a lot like the lies told regarding the environmental benefits to push electric vehicles on all of us.
Sometimes you can find a new exact fit carb for small engines on the web that are as cheap as a rebuild kit.
I would much rather have solid state ignition and ethanol than old type gas and points.

Every day.
I think I've mentioned on the forum before but alcohol separates out of gas and sinks to the bottom. If a person made a funneled tank that shows accurate measurements, they could let it.settle and drain off the alcohol by volume to be left with good gas, theoretically.
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I think I've mentioned on the forum before but alcohol separates out of gas and sinks to the bottom. If a person made a funneled tank that shows accurate measurements, they could let it.settle and drain off the alcohol by volume to be left with good gas, theoretically.
getting ethanol-free gas here is no problem, currently 3.71 a gallon.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I would much rather have solid state ignition and ethanol than old type gas and points.

Every day.

WHAT!

Blasphemy to the boomer crowd here.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Ethanol gas is the debel... - 08/03/22

Every day.

Personally I would prefer soild state ignition, fuel injection and non-ethanol gasoline that could be stored without screwing up the works. The best of all three worlds. Not all technology is bad.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
It's banned from use here.
You are lucky. It has ruined so many small engines and fuel tanks, so the so-called "environmental gains" couldn't outweigh the losses.

WTF!
That's 80 cents less than the cheap stuff here.
Ethanol Free is about $1 more.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

WTF!
I've not seen ethanol free gas around here in a long time.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

WTF!
regular gas is 3.25, we have several refineries here.
Originally Posted by 45_100

Every day.

Personally I would prefer soild state ignition, fuel injection and non-ethanol gasoline that could be stored without screwing up the works. The best of all three worlds. Not all technology is bad.

You leave today's modern ethanol free gas in a small engine and it will require work.

There will be water in the fuel regardless.

Rubber parts will degrade regardless.
Originally Posted by Oheremicus
I recently bought a new fuel injected outboard motor for my new boat. The service manager advised me to put a fuel additive in the gas tank. He said the alcohol in the gas starts to separate out almost immediately. When it does, it attacks the fuel lines and seals in the engine. An additive keeps the alcohol from separating. For a few dollars, I can add less than 1/4 cup of additive to my three gal. fuel tank and prevent all of these problems. E

Try to find E10, or ethanol-free gasoline for your boat:

https://www.partsvu.com/blog/how-to-choose-the-right-marine-fuel-for-your-boats-engine/

Refilled a 5 gallon storage jug...along with topping off the Kawi SxS other day......$5.65/gallon..88 Oct

Big Rip eh ?
I hate that ethanol crap worse than a possum hates an axe handle!
Burning food for fuel ..what a great idea !
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Ethanol gas is the debel... - 08/03/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Every day.

WHAT!

Blasphemy to the boomer crowd here.

Alert the villagers! Grab pitchforks and torches! Pile [bleep] (not that kind, you idiots) at the stake!
ahh, not mention, gasp! Fram filters!!!
"Old type gas"...lol.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
"Old type gas"...lol.

Apparently the entire world has forgotten what a "gum" and a "varnish" is.
"Old type gas"...lol.

Apparently the entire world has forgotten what a "gum" and a "varnish" is.

OR

Seafoam & Stabil
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Oheremicus

Try to find E10, or ethanol-free gasoline for your boat:

https://www.partsvu.com/blog/how-to-choose-the-right-marine-fuel-for-your-boats-engine/

Oheremicus isn’t that far from me, and the only a available ethanol free gas nearby is 104 race fuel at $9.99 a gallon. I use it in my saws, everything else gets corn likker gasoline. Just don’t leave it in the carb forever and ever….
Gasoline is gasoline, like alcohol is alcohol. Everything else is an additive and that is where the money is.
Gasoline is gasoline, like alcohol is alcohol. Everything else is an additive and that is where the money is.

Yep.
Go by a tank farm, maybe not there near refineries but here

Altoona is the closest, no idea how far north the next is.
But there is one to the West, and East 100 miles each.
South East, 130 miles. Every gas station for a 40 mile radius minimum
is getting it from the same place.

Most are big racks owned by a distribution company.
There are huge 3-5million gallon tanks, holding regular and premium
gas. In a generic form. No idea the octane, that's changed with ethanol,
they use lower octane now, the liquor bumps it to the advertised level.

Name a gasolene brand, they all come from the same tank according to
octane. Ethanol is injected as it's pumped into the truck.
As is the brand specific additive package.
That's what makes it Exxon or Shell.

Near refineries, the brands may have loading racks that would be using
The actual base gas they produced. But, it's still gonna be the same base
that ends up 1000 miles away in one of the place described.

Lt, is likely aware of all this.

Just throwing it out for those who aren't.

PS. The ethanol is injected as dispensed because of its corrosive
nature. The tank owners will not allow it in their big tanks.
Used to be if i screwed up as a driver and mixed product in a compartment,
The local guys would kindly pump it into the millions of gallons in a tank and fix the paperwork. We would just reload the compartment and move on. Since its hax ethanol now, they will not even pump that miniscule
amount of alcohol (10% of up to 3k gallons) into a million gallons in the
big tanks!

Before, they would have thrown more diesel or kerosene in there.
© 24hourcampfire