Home
Posted By: 5sdad At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
Fellow was wanting a pre-64 Model 70 that was in the local gunshop: standard .270 priced at $1500. He didn't have the money readily available until the next month's payday. He then went in to buy the rifle and found it priced at $1750. When he questioned the price increase, he was informed that the cost of labor and materials had increased dramatically.
Posted By: g5m Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
Not a shop I'd spend much time in.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
Originally Posted by g5m
Not a shop I'd spend much time in.

Yep.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
Posted By: WMR Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
Sounds like more of a supply chain issue. You know, chip shortage and all. Plus fuel surcharge……..
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
AWB
Posted By: Mgw619 Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
Inventory adjustment
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
Hahaha!
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Fellow was wanting a pre-64 Model 70 that was in the local gunshop: standard .270 priced at $1500. He didn't have the money readily available until the next month's payday. He then went in to buy the rifle and found it priced at $1750. When he questioned the price increase, he was informed that the cost of labor and materials had increased dramatically.
grin
Posted By: 160user Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
I would like to know which shop that is just so I know to avoid it.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
Originally Posted by 160user
I'm pretty sure it was a joke.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
Blame Putin.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22

thats wayy too funny
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: At the Gunshop - 08/03/22
LOL

Good one!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: At the Gunshop - 08/04/22
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Good catch - it was also hoped to make people think about all of those who jack their prices up without any increased cost to them and use "increased costs" to justify it.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: At the Gunshop - 08/04/22
Dam oil companies
Posted By: Valsdad Re: At the Gunshop - 08/04/22
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Good catch - it was also hoped to make people think about all of those who jack their prices up without any increased cost to them and use "increased costs" to justify it.

I should be OK then, 'cause I had to raise the barter price to my friends for a dozen free range, nearly organical, tasty eggs from three greenish fancy printed paper rectangles to 4 greenish fancy printed paper rectangles because the feed store co-op raised the price of a bag of feed and it costs more to drive there now?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: At the Gunshop - 08/04/22
Yes, your cost increased a rectangle so you increased the price a rectangle. Somewhere along the line there was someone who raised his price when his cost did not increase, as well as those who increased their price a rectangle when their cost only increased a slug of metal.
Posted By: NCmountainhunter Re: At the Gunshop - 08/04/22
Your luck runs like mine!!
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: At the Gunshop - 08/04/22
This was a joke right?
Posted By: smallfry Re: At the Gunshop - 08/04/22
He is incorrect, the value of the US dollar has decreased dramatically therefor it takes more of them.
Posted By: WAM Re: At the Gunshop - 08/04/22
When businesses have fewer items available to sell, the price per unit goes up. Overhead and operating expenses don’t go down just because sales are less. Car dealers are the worst.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: At the Gunshop - 08/04/22
buy a 65 for half price,you'll never know the differents
© 24hourcampfire