Home
When Trump was in office it was often said he was bringing jobs back to the US mostly from China. Is there any verifiable evidence he brought jobs back? I know about the good economy when he was in, but that is not what this thread is asking.
His tariffs on imports from Chyna stopped profits from many American companies which had moved there which forced many to return to the states.

Under Zero about 57,000 US mfgs went bankrupt or moved overseas and 650,000 jobs were lost.
I personally don't think any CEO wants to bring jobs back to the US. Not especially while their compensation is tied to the company's profit margins and stock price. Bottom line is king.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Trump Bringing Jobs Back ? - 08/05/22
And don't forget those beautiful corporate tax cuts which gave corporations the incentive to invest resources in this country.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Trump Bringing Jobs Back ? - 08/06/22
Just do a search for “re-shoring” and “China plus 1” strategies in the business literature. There’s a giant sucking sound coming from China. Trump tariffs started people’s thinking process, Chinese IP theft started the movement, but the Chinese Covidiocy got the wheels rolling. China is no longer where people want to be.
There were numerous companies who did. Ford canceled plans to open a plant in Mexico.. At least u til ol jo came around...
Companies operating from China don't have unions to deal with.
Originally Posted by ackleydave
I personally don't think any CEO wants to bring jobs back to the US. Not especially while their compensation is tied to the company's profit margins and stock price. Bottom line is king.

Man you said a mouthful there.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
There were numerous companies who did. Ford canceled plans to open a plant in Mexico.. At least u til ol jo came around...

The 2020 election cycle saw the big three automakers support democrats for the first time in decades.

All because of the push to bring jobs back on shore.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by ackleydave

Man you said a mouthful there.

And not until companies can fire bleck Dimocraps?
He started the downturn of much of the Chinese economy, and that's fine with me. They are still reeling from him. I'd say one day we will find out just how much the Chicoms had to do with the 2020 election theft.
© 24hourcampfire