Home
Posted By: Houston_2 Musk’s Neuralink Venture - 08/06/22
Musk’s Neuralink company venture is out to developing and producing a brain implant to help paralyzed people walk again.

The Street
The difference between Musk and some of our earlier inventors like Edison and Tesla is that Musk has the money to finance really big projects. Inventors typically operate on the edge of bankruptcy, always having to scrounge for investors. Musk just writes bigger checks and hires lots of brilliant people. As a result, while Musk has had his share of failures, for the most part he's been getting it done. Like Edison and others, Musk dreams big but unlike others, he can afford to make his dreams come true.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The difference between Musk and some of our earlier inventors like Edison and Tesla is that Musk has the money to finance really big projects. Inventors typically operate on the edge of bankruptcy, always having to scrounge for investors. Musk just writes bigger checks and hires lots of brilliant people. As a result, while Musk has had his share of failures, for the most part he's been getting it done. Like Edison and others, Musk dreams big but unlike others, he can afford to make his dreams come true.

Yep and well said.

Just think of the betterment for mankind did people like Gates, Soros, Buffett, et. alia (could) do if they focused their excess money on meaningful ventures.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Musk’s Neuralink Venture - 08/06/22
When Musk went to see The Terminator as a boy he walk out of the theater and said, 'I can do that better' and now has.

The military use for this technology is endless.

[Linked Image from 2oceansvibe.com]
Gates, Soros, et al want control. They try to buy power. Musk doesn't seem to be after power, at least not like that. He's after increasing technology. In the end, his name will stand up much longer than any of the others. Gates is known more for Microsoft and for computerizing every home. He'll be remembered for that, not for his attempts to destroy the country. Soros will only be remembered as a major troublemaker and anti-American. Musk will be long remembered for Starlink and Tesla in addition to whatever he can think up in the future.
Posted By: Seefire Re: Musk’s Neuralink Venture - 08/06/22
I don’t like the rabbit hole this leads down.
Originally Posted by Seefire
Technology is neither good nor bad. It is what the technology is used for that is good or bad. Evil will use any tool available.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Musk’s Neuralink Venture - 08/06/22
Maybe he could give the Demonrats brains and convert them to be conservatives?
Originally Posted by Huntz
Maybe he could give the Demonrats brains and convert them to be conservatives?

Now that is a tall order and certainly one Musk could not handle.
One Man making a difference for mankind.

Danny Thomas and Saint Jude’s Hospital. One determined Man who just wouldn’t quit. Look at it now.
Musk is driven to achieve great things.

He's Leonardo da Vinci with vast technology and the fortune he 's amassed. His future achievements are endless.
Posted By: deflave Re: Musk’s Neuralink Venture - 08/07/22
Cells. Cells.

Interlink. Interlink.

Cells. Interlink.
Biden just signed up for the Special Olympics.
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Biden just signed up for the Special Olympics.

I can clearly envision this.

Laughing!
Posted By: Dutch Re: Musk’s Neuralink Venture - 08/07/22
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Musk is driven to achieve great things.

He's Leonardo da Vinci with vast technology and the fortune he 's amassed. His future achievements are endless.

It's not just that he has a fortune, he builds companies that just spit out cash at an obscene rate.

Think about it. Musk turned the space business profitable. So he could start a space internet business, which will not only be obscenely profitable, it will upend the political status quo in many countries. So he can build a BFR and send people to Mars.

He's managing a big car company, a rocket company, a space internet company, a robot company, an electricity brokerage company, a battery storage company, a solar power company. Oh, and an AI and human robot company.

I can't even fathom how he can stay even half way informed on most of his ventures, let alone actively manage them.
Hmmmmm- - - - - -who would have ever believed that an African-American would ever become the richest man in the world?
At the moment his Space X venture has roughly 3000 low orbit satellites circling overhead with plans to expand that number to between 8,000 - 12,000 total.

I’ve yet to read much about the people that he’s chosen to lead these endeavors.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Technology is neither good nor bad. It is what the technology is used for that is good or bad. Evil will use any tool available.

Too true, that.
I'm with you on this one. I can see it maybe leading to helping folks with nerve damage, etc., and I can also see evil people playing God with it.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Musk’s Neuralink Venture - 08/07/22
Originally Posted by reivertom
I'm with you on this one. I can see it maybe leading to helping folks with nerve damage, etc., and I can also see evil people playing God with it.

It's not just what can happen if in the wrong hands.
That is actually a smaller thing.

This technology can allow the human species to 'catch up' with the artificial intelligence (ai) we've all ready created.

The ai we currently have is one million times faster than us.
It thinks faster, it reacts faster, it's capable of learning and it can create clones of itself at a very high rate of speed.

That should be your concern, ia WILL get out of control, falling into corrupt hands won't be necessary, ai in itself will be our demon.

The ai device in front of you right now allowing you to read this, storing your data, your images, your everything is absolutely primitive compared to the advanced ai we have accomplishing tasks for us today.

With it's thinking and learning capabilities it won't take long for it to realize the human species is nothing more than a ignorant hindrance that's in it's way.

It's going to need to eliminate us to continue to advance.

It's novelty that a Neuralink implant can allow one to walk, talk or hear again.
It's more important use will be exactly what you fear.
We can create programmable super humans that will be able to interact with ai and control it, it's a must have.

[Linked Image from memegenerator.net]
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Big Money makes Big Money. He can afford the facilities and get the best people into those facilities. It takes 10 billion to make an automated chip plant , a lot of very smart engineers do not have the money to start up a venture like that.
Originally Posted by Houston_2
At the moment his Space X venture has roughly 3000 low orbit satellites circling overhead with plans to expand that number to between 8,000 - 12,000 total.

I’ve yet to read much about the people that he’s chosen to lead these endeavors.

Re:
Musk’s managers.

Looks like his Man Friday, Go to person is a gent named Jared Birchall who is a trusted decision maker in Musk’s various ventures especially in Tesla.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Musk’s Neuralink Venture - 08/07/22
Neuralink is also working on various Transhumanism projects. Want a chip implanted to augment your brain? They are working on things like that. Some of it seems pretty scary.
© 24hourcampfire