Home
Posted By: 10Glocks Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/08/22
Some of you Colorado guys might know these passes.

Posted By: kk alaska Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/08/22
Tag
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/08/22
Norley, can get in to deep every now and then, she needs to respect Colorado's passes they can bite you in the ass.

Most of the high mountain passes aren't open till about the end of May, some are still impassable in early August, Norwood is not to far from our place in Colorado, Silverton is a kick ass place if you want to party. one of the best rides is La Plata it dead ends at a 1500' drop. turning around is a trip! Rio7
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/08/22
The drone footage she got while blasting around on Ed's side by side in the Mohave Desert (While rehabilitating her ankle ) was pretty cool too. She is the poster woman for tenacity. I hope she reaches her goal before Winter makes the roads impassable....

It would not surprise me to see her change over to studded show tires and adding out riggers to her bike though....
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/08/22

IIRC this is the first time I ever remember her requesting a bit more caution. Ed is a colorful guy.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/08/22
I'm definitely a fan. For those guys wanting a light weight adventure bike she makes a pretty good case for that Honda 300. Wear and tear items, no mechanical failures, at least while I've been watching since she was in Guatemala.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/08/22
I've never been through though passes in Colorado. But I've been up high in the Sierra Nevadas in late spring and seen snow as high or higher than the stop signs on the roads. Tried to make it into Kings Canyon in May and got blocked by a heavy snow fall and had to turn around. For an easterner, its hard to imagine the amount of snow that's still up high on the roads when its broiling hot down near sea level.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/08/22
Here's another incredibly pleasant, easy-on-the-eyes, female lone travel vlogger I've been watching lately. Eva zu Beck. She's from Poland and is traveling through the US right now. This is the video she did in Texas after she came through the entry between Mexico and Texas at Laredo and got handcuffed and detained due to the Pakistan and Iraq visas stamped in her Passport. I thinks she's in Montana now. Very fun to watch. Her video where she watches her first rodeo, an NRA rodeo in Montana, is kind of funny given her reactions to kids riding sheep.

I remember riding up Independence pass in late July and seeing folks snow boarding. Something not right about strapping a snowboard to your motorcycle.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/08/22
It looked like USFS breaking down a fire camp there before she went back off road.
I remember riding up Independence pass in late July and seeing folks snow boarding. Something not right about strapping a snowboard to your motorcycle.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/08/22
Red mountain can be real interesting, on the north side going down with snow and ice in the shade on the hair pens, your butt will suck the seat covers off. Rio7
Posted By: reivertom Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/09/22
There's something about that Dutch gal that is really easy to look at. No it's not the motorcycle.
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/09/22
Her southern Africa trip was great. smile Here's her recap of that trip:

I'm really enjoying her new series in South, Central, and North America.

Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/09/22
When she was traveling through the Mojave last month, it was pretty easy to notice she wasn't melting or dying of heat stroke. I've been in the Mojave in June and July and it's like the surface of the sun. Somone on her Colorado passes video commented that the trees in Telluride were in bloom in her video but that they only bloom to about mid May and that they are fully green by this time of year. The trees in her video do look rather springish. So he surmizes she is nearly 3 months behind posting videos. She never says the date in her videos, only the time. I had thought this was more up to date than that. Still fun to watch. But now more like looking at someones "look what I did last summer" photos at Christmas time.
Posted By: weaselsRus Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/09/22
She's not afraid to run hard! Better biker than me.

Didn't listen to the whole vid, what bike is she running?
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/09/22
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
She's not afraid to run hard! Better biker than me.

Didn't listen to the whole vid, what bike is she running?
I believe it's the Honda 300.

kwg
Posted By: stantdm Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/09/22
She ran about every stop sign in Telluride. (she does that all the time regardless of the locale) and while I am a fan of the journey her drama laced click baits are terrible.
Posted By: badger Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/09/22
I watched one of her rides through Namibia. Beautiful country..............
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/09/22
I agree 100 % about her drama click bait intros. I just fast forward through those.

I'm impressed with the drone footage though. Is there a setting where it just follows your phone wherever you go?
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/10/22
Ophir pass is a good run.

I thought she was in T-ride to head up the Tomboy road, over the Imogene pass to Ouray.

That would have been some good footage.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/10/22

Are there ways to tune a bike for power above 12000 feet?
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/10/22
Those videos of passes here in Western Colorado had to have been taken in late May or early June.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/10/22
They were. She's nearly 3 months behind in her videos. I had thought these were being released a few days after they were shot but its more like 3 months. I still like watching them. But its kinda like looking at someone's summer vacay photos in December.
Posted By: WildWest Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/10/22
The drone has a follow me setting.
Posted By: Distridr Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/11/22
Originally Posted by RIO7
Norley, can get in to deep every now and then, she needs to respect Colorado's passes they can bite you in the ass.

Most of the high mountain passes aren't open till about the end of May, some are still impassable in early August, Norwood is not to far from our place in Colorado, Silverton is a kick ass place if you want to party. one of the best rides is La Plata it dead ends at a 1500' drop. turning around is a trip! Rio7
Originally Posted by RIO7

As a flatlander my only mountain experiences are at LaPlata Canyon or near there (Mancos).
Been there four times. Love that place.
Posted By: devnull Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/11/22
She has clankers for sure. Most men wouldn't ride solo through South America. I enjoy the videos and did not realize they were shot months prior. I did wonder how she was editing/uploading that much content from areas with minimal broadband. Her 300 seems 100% reliable.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/11/22
Her parents must have been stressed while she was riding between waring cartel territory.
Posted By: Tesoro Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/11/22
If you guys are into moto adventures then check out Charley Sinewan. Its in spanish but can do subtitles. He is the king of these youtube vblogs. His central america ones are the latest/longest. I have watched all of itchy Boots, not sure why, as she really dosent get into the local experience. She is more like a backpacker just saying they been there to get another patch to sew on the pack.
Posted By: weaselsRus Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 08/11/22
Are there ways to tune a bike for power above 12000 feet?[/quote]

We had 4 wheelers on California Pass, 12,600,' my '06 carburated Eiger ran but it didn't like it.
Posted By: stantdm Re: Itchy Boots in Colorado - 09/17/22
While Itchy Boots is about 3 months before present time when she posts a new video the delay is partly for safety. It makes it difficult for people to try and "hook up" with her. One of the other solo female bloggers explained why it is safer to not let anybody know where you actually are on her blog.
© 24hourcampfire