Home
[Linked Image from pagesix.com]

Olivia Newton-John dies at 73, husband says
(WGHP) — Olivia Newton-John died at 73 on Monday morning at her home in California, according to her husband.

The singer, songwriter, actress, entrepreneur and activist won four Grammys and had five number one hits and ten top ten hits. She also had two number one albums in the 1970s.

She is most well known for her role as Sandy Olsson in “Grease” and was passionate about the environment and animal rights.
Don’t miss the latest breaking news with push alerts on the FOX8 mobile app.

Her husband released the following statement:

Dame Olivia Newton-John (73) passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends. We ask that everyone please respect the family’s privacy during this very difficult time.

Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer. Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that any donations be made in her memory to the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund.

Olivia is survived by her husband John Easterling; daughter Chloe Lattanzi; sister Sarah Newton-John; brother Toby Newton-John; nieces and nephews Tottie, Fiona and Brett Goldsmith; Emerson, Charlie, Zac, Jeremy, Randall, and Pierz Newton-John; Jude Newton-Stock, Layla Lee; Kira and Tasha Edelstein; and Brin and Valerie Hall.

--John Easterling

Original story
Damn shame . RIP Olivia, Boy....back in the day..........
Always thought she was an exceptionally talented lady. I thought she aged well too.
Well, that sucks. Schit.
Very sad. RIP nice lady.
RIP Olivia . She was great.
*sniff* Goodbye Sandy.
RIP Sandy……
Someone check on renegade asap oh and wabigon too
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Always thought she was an exceptionally talented lady. I thought she aged well too.

True- loved her singing, even if she was a deranged Liberal. I heard she was bi- but if true, gave her a pass on that. No one else's business.

I think she was long-term ill with MS or some other debilitating disease which ended her singing for us.
No silly comments please,, I've noticed when someone dies and there's 20 attempts at being funny.
Rest in peace.

73 isn't that old.
…after a 30 year battle with breast cancer! May she RIP since her time here was a battle for her. She showed tremendous strength and no doubt inspired countless others throughout the years she spent battling breast cancer.
RIP. She aged very very well. By all accounts a wonderful person.
One of my favorites, I watch Grease every once in awhile. I have one of her CD's in the truck I play quite often. Liberal or not, she was a very talented lady.RIP
She was a great singer but another liberal idiot.

from the OP link:
was passionate about the environment and animal rights.
Rest in Peace, Olivia.

I liked this song

73 is way too young.
RIP
Lovely gal. Very sad.

Whatever her politics or personal foibles, she never troubled me with them, unlike the current class of show-offs.

RIP
She had game back in the day.

And aren't all Aussies libs? Like it's some sort of requirement? None-the-less, Godspeed.

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]
Sorry to read this. She was a talented lady.
Cute as a button in Grease. RIP to a fine lady.
RIP Olivia
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
She had game back in the day.

And aren't all Aussies libs? Like it's some sort of requirement? None-the-less, Godspeed.

Man did she look good in those leather pants. IIRC, she was sewn into them.

She had breast cancer in 1992, shoulder cancer in 2013 and cancer at the base of her spine in 2017 according to this article.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...ohn-grease-star-dies-cancer/10269873002/
She was Electrifying!
I went and saw Grease in the theatre when I was a teenager and came out in love with Olivia. May she rest in peace.
When they were trying to get her going, back in the early to mid 70's they were taking her to small gigs, and she came to where I was going to college, and did a good job with a little concert. I was impressed back then and have always liked her. She's had a hard life with her cancer situation.
RIP
Very good voice and way beyond cute in "Grease". "Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee."
Have a good journey kiddo. Back in the day if you didn’t want that you were definitely GAY! Edk
She was hot in Grease. Where did the years go? RIP. Way too young.
She was the third love of my life, after Farrah and Suzanne. So sorry to hear the news.
Probably vaxed, boomer killer !
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Probably vaxed, boomer killer !
Cool it Cardenas.
The mystery of her boyfriend, who disappeared at sea 17 years ago..

https://nypost.com/2022/08/08/the-mystery-surrounding-olivia-newton-johns-ex-patrick-mcdermott/
RIP nice lady.

And the short bit of reverence here is appreciated.
Originally Posted by gunzo
RIP nice lady.

And the short bit of reverence here is appreciated.

Reverence would be between her and God
Darn shame.

Why do the worst scum like the Clinton's keep chugging along with their known vices (drugs/booze)???
This was my Favorite movie of hers, out of all the ones she did.
RIP Olivia...
😔😔😔

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

TC from Magnum PI
Now Olivia
😔😔😔😔
Holy cow, what a cutie!

Originally Posted by Morewood
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]
She was a cutie, for sure! I pray she is in paradise! Her politics never soured my day!
Originally Posted by renegade50
RIP Olivia...
😔😔😔

TC from Magnum PI
Now Olivia
😔😔😔😔
Wow, just how much box got munched in that classic?
She was HOT way before grease boyz.

RIP Olivia...
😔😔😔

TC from Magnum PI
Now Olivia
😔😔😔😔

Lol, and the tradition carries on......
Never heard of her
Cancer sucks! RIP ONJ!
Originally Posted by slumlord
Never heard of her

This in spades.
RIP Sandy
Pretty lady. Enjoyed her singing. MTG
Good looking "Shelia"!!!!....He foundation may save some of the haters who may suffer some of the same she went thru. If so, I suspect she would care less if you happen not to agree with her on everything.
Attended one of her concerts in 1976. Back in the day, I was hopelessly devoted to her...
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
RIP Olivia...
😔😔😔

TC from Magnum PI
Now Olivia
😔😔😔😔
Wow, just how much box got munched in that classic?

I didn’t know she was in that???
Dam fine lady...the video ....them pants...oh my...
© 24hourcampfire