Home
Sorry for the wobbly video, but there wasn't time to grab the tripod.

Pretty cool. 😊
Never get tired of seeing fawns and their moms. Saw a doe and her twins behind my house just last week.

Thanks for the video.
Nice, at what age do they start to lose there spots?
This makes me want to get to Arizona even more
Thanks for the vid.
Originally Posted by granitestate1
Nice, at what age do they start to lose there spots?

3-4 Months.
Beautiful animals.
Cute little buggers!
Luv fawns....

have removed way too many from fences......some survived

picked up way too many on first hay cut in June.....never even tell the wife

Yep....real lives of some fawns....

Currently have 3 in & out of the yard & back field

Mom tells 'em to stay put......they do.....

Watched the the other morning...a fawn rubbing noses with a big azz 4 point buck

He was 26 wide & 24 tall...can never get the right pic

this pic.....just another buck

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Beautiful! Great video.

What could be more innocent than a little spotted fawn.
Nice video. Thanks.
Geno posted triplets couple weeks back.
Great vid.
Nice. We have had a doe with two fawns and another with one hanging around the property. They are growing fast.
She hard her guard up.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Geno posted triplets couple weeks back.
Would love to have video of them.

Last night I got a pic of a doe with a late set of twins, no more than a coupla weeks old, maybe 3 weeks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Two blocks further toward home, two small ones, a bit older perhaps than the new ones, grazing along the side of the street, no mom anywhere in sight. I got the feeling they were orphaned but seemed to be doing OK..................or mom was laid up in someone's landscaping getting away from them for a minute.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Went up the road on the other side of the mountains to check out a PowWow on the Rez up there. Kind of a fizzle for us as we were a few hours early for the Grand Entry. But, we saw some vultures eating on a dead fawn on the way there, and on the way back a golden eagle had taken over the carcass. All the turkey buzzards were sitting on bushes or trees off to the sides, not wanting to mess with them. No pics of that though, figured if I stopped everything would have flown off.
Beoceorl,

cool video.

good thing you're in N AL. Further south them little ones might be gator bait!
They look really healthy in the OP and momma has a beautiful coat. 👍

BTW….that’s actually a really clear video minus the wobble which is unavoidable if you are holding the camera and zooming in. Clear video….what type of camera/phone is that?
Beautiful food
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Sorry for the wobbly video, but there wasn't time to grab the tripod.

I bet they're good for hours of entertainment- definitely better than cable!!
Very cool video
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
They look really healthy in the OP and momma has a beautiful coat. 👍

BTW….that’s actually a really clear video minus the wobble which is unavoidable if you are holding the camera and zooming in. Clear video….what type of camera/phone is that?

Panasonic LUMIX FZ300
Panasonic LUMIX FZ300 Long Zoom Digital Camera Features 12.1 Megapixel, 1/2.3-Inch Sensor, 4K Video, WiFi, Splash & Dustproof Camera Body, LEICA DC 24X F2.8 Zoom Lens

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
The way those fawns move cracks me up! Sometimes it's like their body is moving one way and their legs the other.
Beoceorl, Thinking about getting a new camera, the dust and bouncing around in my jeep has about killed my old one, and i am tired of changing lens to get pictures that are a long way away, how far were you away from the deer in your video? would you buy this camera again? what would you change? Rio7
these guys live in my back yard.

I have been giving them deer corn, bread and bird seed so every morning before I go to work they are waiting for me. They are essentially tame now, they won't eat from my hand but I can get within 10 feet of them. They'll let me pour corn out on the ground and they don't run away

https://i.imgur.com/QEKRG7k.mp4
Originally Posted by RIO7
Beoceorl, Thinking about getting a new camera, the dust and bouncing around in my jeep has about killed my old one, and i am tired of changing lens to get pictures that are a long way away, how far were you away from the deer in your video? would you buy this camera again? what would you change? Rio7

The distance was right at 200'. If I remember correctly it was not at maximum zoom.

Yes, I would buy the camera again. I've been very pleased with the still and video pictures it produces.

The only thing I would change would be to simplify the operation somewhat. It has a lot of features that I lack the photography skills/knowledge to use. Hopefully that will change over time.
Last fall....The yard herd...

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Yesterday....New member

Dad????

You don't see triplets very often.

Beoceorl, Thank you for your reply, anything with more fetchers than old Brownie, is a little much for me, zoom and click is what i need, my water hole behind my house is 100 yrds, but i take pictures of a lot of wildlife, and any thing else i find interesting. i read the info on this camera it say's it's dust proof, i keep my camera in a pelican camera box, but the dust still screws it up. and i don't have enough zoom, so i think i will give yours a try. Thank You Rio7

Back yard down by the water last fall. Rio7

From my Back Door Rio7
I do love droptines!
Great video... loving watching fawns. Thanks for sharing
Super Bucks!!!!
© 24hourcampfire