Home
I grabbed my grandson and headed out to the creek with $3.00 worth of night crawlers and spent the afternoon, disregarding the hot weather...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That is worth a lot more than $3.00.

Way to go.
BEAUTIFUL!
Way to go
I...... thought this thread was going to be about something completely unrelated and DEFINITELY not kid friendly.....
Exactly - multiply by 100, and you still don't get near the real value!
Stick with him, Kirk!
Nice perch.
Good on you Shrap ! Some of my best childhood memories are fishing with my GrandDad.
Originally Posted by tater74
That is worth a lot more than $3.00.

Way to go.

Yup!
You could have not a penny in your pocket, but that there picture makes you a rich man!
My Gramps taught me to fish, good on ya.
My favorite thing! Now mine have grown up. And I’m miserable because they no longer want to go.
👍👍👍👍👍

93 sounds pretty nice. Still 97 here at 8:18 pm CST! 👍👍👍👍

Good on you!
Nice! Nothing beats quality time with Granddad.
Well done Kirk. My first grandchild, a boy, just turned two months so I have a bit.
Good stuff right there. It doesn't get much better than kids and fishing.
Nice job. $3 well spent I would say. 👍

I can’t quite tell from the photo but is that a Brookie?

I believe I have a few of those smaller Penn spinning reels and they’re great reels but if you don’t flip that reel over the world will be out of balance. 😁. No matter what though….times like this and time spent with grandpa are times that little guy will remember when he’s a big guy. I have a lot of great memories and so many of those memories are of time spent with my grandpa trout fishing. Nothing fancy, no expensive equipment or boats, just grandpa, myself and some worms was all that we needed to live what now seems like a dream.

It also appears that fine looking young man has fishing all figured out already too. 👍
👍

Now teach him how to hold a spinning rod! Couldn’t take more than 10-15 minutes of quality time.
Sweet. Fishing is what I do and what I believe is one of the healthiest things in the world.

Only difference here is that it's 93° when You get up at 0400.
Great pic
For sure you got more than your moneys worth. grin
Grandpa's are Cool!
I really like that. Good on GranPa
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Nice perch.

It's a frigging sauger you dummy!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Nice perch.

Speckled Dace, you Neanderthal….

Speaking of Neanderthals, good on grandpa for getting the kid fishing, but please teach him the right way to hold that rod wink
Water was deeper than we thought...

Excellent!! On Thursday my 13 yr old and I hit a couple streams fairly nearby. First thing I told him is not to get the fly stuck in “that” tree. Two false casts later…..

Anyway, since I was swimming for it, figured I’d push him in too. As I was just about dried off, he pours my hat over my head. Payback dad, payback….

Cost me about a C-note more than you, after meals and fuel. But excellent times nonetheless.
That ought to be one of those Priceless commercials.
$3.00?!!

That’s a MILLION DOLLAR day right there!
Now that's some very well spent money and time.
Nice perch.
Perch??
That's no perch. That's a Montana steelhead!😁
Y'all be misidentifying that fish.

Wahoo!!!!
Paint balling
Most excellent sir!
this'll get a " Best return for Investment" award next time they hand them out. Great pic.
Good stuff. Is your grandson a lefty?
The memories you created was priceless for that young man.

Now he's gonna grow up like my boys and become addicted to fishing and fishing gear!
Good on ya, kids grow up fast, grandkids even faster.
That’s fantastic man I love it.

I took my soon-to-be 4 yo grand son fishing this summer and he got his first fish. He is hooked as is his dad so we’ve been spending a ton of time together outside.

One thing I was reminded of recently is night crawler hunting late at night after a good rain.

Save the three bucks and have another great time with the grandsons…

Congrats on a great time keep up the good work!
Priceless.
Shrapnel
Great on you. Favorite memories of mine are spending Spring breaks fishing with my Grandfather. Willing to bet you had a bigger time than he did.

GreggH
Grandads and grandsons are a tough combo to top. Truly a joy to behold.
That young man will never forget this Shrapnel. Good on you as it could be the catalyst that starts a lifetime of the great outdoors. I’m currently doing the same thing with eight of them and number nine is on the way.
$3 for worms - good grief, used to get a dozen for a quarter. Does look like fun and well worth the investment.
Nice perch.

Dumbass, everybody can see that, that is an amberjack !

Great stuff Shrap !
Nice perch.

Ha, ha LOL.
Good deal. As long as they’re hunting or fishing they’re not causing trouble. I remember the first fish I ever caught and exactly where it was….67 years ago 😊
I've been taking my now 7 and 8 year old grandsons fishing for the last two years. We go to my local gun club's pond, which is full of sunfish and has a few bass as well. I usually take a container of 30 redworms and we generally only quit when we run out of worms. I'll start their younger sister next year, when she turns 6.

You have to experience the excitement of a young child catching a fish to truly appreciate it. Take one fishing (borrow one if you don't have one of your own). You'll be glad you did.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Nice perch.

Ha, ha LOL.
Jeebus, I'm a fish biologist and already identified it properly:

Originally Posted by Valsdad
Y'all be misidentifying that fish.

Wahoo!!!!

You can tell by the smile on his face.
Good Grandpa!
Another grandson and his fish...

More ..................

Wahoo!!
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Water was deeper than we thought...

You can't fool us, that's deflave.
Did you sneak in something educational like how to write his name?

[Linked Image from lh3.googleusercontent.com]
Originally Posted by Valsdad
More ..................

Wahoo!!

Next post you’ll be asking for the GPS coordinates to Shrap’s crick.

😬

🦫
Right on , Kirk, good job.
© 24hourcampfire