Home
Posted By: elkmtb forum read order - 08/10/22
Is there a way to make this forum open at the beginning of threads you have not read instead of the end?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: forum read order - 08/10/22
Click on the thread header on the left hand side. It's the opening post in the thread. Should work.
Posted By: Morewood Re: forum read order - 08/10/22
Perhaps I'm clicking in the wrong spot but that doesn't work for me, Geno.

Wherever I click it opens the thread in random spots with no rhyme or reason.

Been a minor irritation since I joined but I'm no crybaby. I just scroll to the top.
OK, I see that on threads that have multiple posts already.
If it has multiple pages, what happens when one clicks on the little box with 1 in it?

When it comes to checking out threads, I usually look to see if you've just posted........................then I know at least one post will be good! whistle
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: forum read order - 08/10/22
Every thread I open automatically goes to the first unread post. Regardless if that's the first post of one hundred or the fiftieth of one hundred. Maybe I'm not understanding how yours is behaving.
I do believe the OP wants it to open on the original, very first post instead of having to go back through them.
Posted By: Morewood Re: forum read order - 08/10/22
Not to imply you're a crybaby, elkmtb. I'm glad you brought it up.

Thanks, Geno. Likewise
Posted By: elkmtb Re: forum read order - 08/11/22
not a big deal just didnt know if I was missing something in settings.

For me it automatically goes to the very last post of a thread. it seems like the natural order would be to start at the beginning unless you have already read that thread.
© 24hourcampfire