Home
I know little about these. The action sorta looks like my 513T. With the name Targetmaster are they known for accuracy? What ballpark price are these going for? I don't see a serial #, does that make it hard to sell or is there a standard procedure for such rifles? It's got nice patina to the metal.
Thanks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Bruce
FWIW............I have a Remington bolt actio 22 rifle from that time period, and it does not have a serial number either. From what I understand, that was pretty common on some of the 22's.
I think I have a Model 41 up in the barn gun safe. But I dont remember it having Targetmaster on it. I’ll look next time Im up there. I looked up the date code on the bbl and best I remember it was from sometime in the mid or late 1930’s. It a good shooter
I've owned three or four Winchester Model 47s, and not one of them bore a serial number. These were made form 1949 to 1954, according to my 1981 edition of the Gun Trader's Guide. The Remington 41s were made from 1936 to 1940, so I doubt they would have serial numbers either.

The 1981 prices in my book are somewhat irrelevant today, I think. smile
My 581, made in 1967, has no number. Wasn’t required until after GCA 1968, I believe.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
My 581, made in 1967, has no number. Wasn’t required until after GCA 1968, I believe.

Correct.

I have a Remington 550-A (semi-auto .22 LR) mfg'd in 1950. No serial number. Still is very accurate. grin

L.W.
I've got that same or similar rifle. Mine says "Scoremaster" instead of Target master. It was my Dad's rifle when he was a boy. It was given to him I would guess sometime in the 1930's early 1940's.

Nothing had a serial number until much later......probably after Kennedy was shot.
Originally Posted by RJY66
I've got that same or similar rifle. Mine says "Scoremaster" instead of Target master. It was my Dad's rifle when he was a boy. It was given to him I would guess sometime in the 1930's early 1940's.

Nothing had a serial number until much later......probably after Kennedy was shot.

And I believe mine says "Match Master". It is a heavy thing with big Redfield peep sights but that old gal sure shoots! I haven't looked at it in years.
I've got a Rem 41 "TargetMaster" that belonged to my grampa.
There is no step under the rear sight.
I've seen him head shoot turkeys with it.

The value can't be very much dollar wise, but as a keepsake, it's priceless.
Serial numbers weren't required until 1968. Many pre-68 rifles didn't have them, especially inexpensive 22s and shotguns. It's perfectly legal, if any paperwork is involved "NSN" ( No Serial Number) is used instead.

Back then they still used decent walnut for gunstocks, even on a rifle that cost under 6 bucks.
© 24hourcampfire