Home
Posted By: stxhunter MLB - 08/11/22
Field of dreams game starting, Cubs and Reds, on Fox.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: MLB - 08/11/22
It's a cool event and obviously a fantastic film.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: MLB - 08/11/22
17 home runs in the last game...
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ come on.......
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: MLB - 08/11/22
I seem to get a bit weepy watching the last 45 minutes of that movie.......guess I could be a puzz that way

I so appreciate the game of baseball from tee ball to high school ball......the system weeds players out but so many kids in the early stages get to learn about "team", and how practice and hard work translates to confidence and improvement.......

We cant all be stars, but thru practice, we can try to be as good as we can be.....for the team......

As a coach, in the little league level, helping a weak player get better to where they contribute to the success of even just one game is something worth rejoicing.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: MLB - 08/12/22
Visiting the original movie-site field is one of those experiences that gives you a feeling that you can't quite describe.
Posted By: Steve Re: MLB - 08/12/22
Is this heaven?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: MLB - 08/12/22
The second ever Major League Game played in Iowa.
Posted By: ackleydave Re: MLB - 08/12/22
I’m always amazed at the staying power of the FOD. About 20 years ago I was installing some light fixtures in the original concession stand in February. I was surprised that people would drive into the parking lot and look around at a ball field that was covered in snow. It did make my sister-in-laws uncle a lot of money.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: MLB - 08/12/22
We used to take our fifth-graders there as part of a spring field trip. We would spend a lot of time playing softball - no teams, just taking turns hitting and fielding. People would show up and we would invite them to join in - force them if they were reticent. If they wanted some pictures or something, we would chase the kids off the field so they could. It was amazing how tickled old people could be to be "forced" to join in. We had one group of foreigners who took particular delight in the proceedings.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: MLB - 08/12/22
"Take me out to the ballgame."
Posted By: slumlord Re: MLB - 08/12/22
After kevin costner has come out in support of Liz Cheney

Booooooo!!!
Posted By: duck911 Re: MLB - 08/12/22
It was fun to watch for me again this year, just because of the venue and nostalgic stories. It is just....different than an average game, which I think makes it fun.

Went 1-for-1 on the game betting wise (lost the over 9, but hit a decent same game parlay) but really small bets because I treat it like an exhibition game. So basically up a six pack of IPA.
Posted By: duck911 Re: MLB - 08/12/22
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"Take me out to the ballgame."

I assume you are talking about Harry Caray?

FREAKY AS CHIT.

For those who did not watch.... the 7th inning stretch was sung by Harry Carry (of Cubs play by play fame, long since dead). CGI/hologram version. He was in a booth above home plate, doing his Harry Caray schtick like he did at Wrigley. Cameras on him, him singing like he was alive.

Literally, dead guy, faked into reality, singing that song.

Just....... Wrong.

See it here
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: MLB - 08/12/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
After kevin costner has come out in support of Liz Cheney

Booooooo!!!

You know you be watching YellerStone…

Trying to see Beth’s tittays.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: MLB - 08/12/22
Whoever put this game together was a genius. Coolest thing in MLB.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: MLB - 08/12/22
"Build it, and they will come."

Prophetic...for real.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: MLB - 08/12/22
I wonder where all the fans who attend this game go after it’s over. I don’t see a Holiday Inn anywhere in all that corn.
© 24hourcampfire