Home
Posted By: wabigoon How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
Not so bad here, I drove seven hours to get the paper work on our new to us pickup, so we can drive it to Canada.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
I took the time to make a stop at the John Wayne museum.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: hanco Re: How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
Good, got rain yesterday
Posted By: Riverc Re: How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
All good did laundry this morning went visit mom stopped for lunch at El Patio Mexican Grill then we did some grocery shopping now relaxing and about to call it a day I'm getting sleepy.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Not so bad here, I drove seven hours to get the paper work on our new to us pickup, so we can drive it to Canada.

What truck did you buy Wabi?
Another of the Duke.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: jackmountain Re: How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
We’re wheels up Saturday morning at 5:30AM. Short layover in hotlanta then touch down in St.Thomas by 1:30pm. Not answering emails, texts or calls related to work. Turquoise water, good food, some tropical drinks….
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
Wabigoon: Started off doing a favor for an Elk Hunting mentor of mine.
He literally had to "find me" as he knows that I know that Hunting season is coming and he always (last 25 years now) has me sight in his "boomers" and I halfway try avoiding him all early fall!
Today was a fiberglass stocked Weatherby in 300 Weatherby Magnum to be checked out - this Rifle just flat out KICKS!
No muzzle-brake, no lead sled - but I did have my P.A.S.T. Recoil Shield.
Luckily it held point of impact from last year and I got away with only 4 (four!) teeth rattling rounds going downrange.
Rest of the day I did some gun chasin and some Colony Varmint Rifle cleaning.
Then a wonderful early home cooked dinner of Halibut (baked), baked potatoes, green beans and rhubarb custard pie for desert!
Now to check my E-mails and head for bed.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Good night kind folks.[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: Huncho Re: How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
Well i drank lot of beer so i guess it went good.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
Mine was okay.

Short story, my back is a mess. I've had four spinal surgeries; Lots of pain last few months, I've had MRI and CT scan. I had an appointment with a surgeon today, wants to do a surgery at the end of September. (His next opening) Lots of thought and prayer has been going into this diction.
Lord willing it all turns out for the good.

The bottom line, it's my diction.

Take care.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I took the time to make a stop at the John Wayne museum.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
My brother owns hunting land just outside of Winterset IA. Amazing deer genetics down there. I wish I could hunt it...
Posted By: hanco Re: How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
It’s about to get started
I got the papperwork to get our pickup legal to drive to Canada.
Posted By: ERK Re: How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
I did some shooting from my garage range yesterday. I have a Savage Hoghunter in 223. I had bought some misc ammo from a brother in law to help him get rid of it. I shot 4 different factory and two hand loads. Five shot groups. All but one was under an inch group with same point of impact. I was very surprised.
Then the 308 savage Impulse put 5 into just a hair over an inch.
Next up was a Savage 6br target that put 5 into 1.2 inches at 300 which was pretty good having 0 to 5 mph breeze. Excellent day. Edk
Posted By: Clarkm Re: How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
Picking wild blackberries for few hours.
Doing amateur gunsmithing a few hours.
Watching Youtube a few hours.
Tagged along when the wife went to buy lumber for her chin up bar.
Posted By: jc189 Re: How'd your day go? - 08/12/22
Mine's not going so well. I have covid. Been sick for almost 2 weeks. I just tested positive again this morning and still have symptoms.
© 24hourcampfire