Home
It really amazes me sometimes the stupid behavior you see in the classifieds.

I recently sold NIB SWFA scope down there. Convo starts with "what's your bottom dollar?" Not even a name or even a "Hi" to start things off.

Next message is "send pics of actual scope and glass. If I like it I'll take it." No prob.

Once he says the magic words, he wants it shipped UPS. No can do. Small town local post office is too handy.

"Well, make sure it's insured. I'll pay to have it insured." OK fine. Costs me an extra trip to PO to get price and they give me total of $25. Guy acts like I'm trying to rip him off the whole time and this doesn't help. Tell him I'll refund him if it aint right. He PP's me an extra $25. Turns out it's only $11 insurance so refund issued.

I over do the packaging so I usually skip insurance.

Here's the funny part.

I'm half expecting this guy to get squirrly so I'm checking tracking every hour or so. I see it's landed and I send him a text, "Looks like the scope made it. Everything good?"

His response? "Looks good but I haven't shot it yet."

WTF?

Couple days later he sends pics of small groups.

LOL

Quick way to make my ignore list!

Never figured I'd be on the hook for small groups! HA!

Share your stories.
I once pointed out a guy his price was significantly above market value - trying to save him from the daily routine of posting “bump”, “ttt”, “priced lower by $5”, etc. for the next 2 weeks.

He told me GFY, which was awful nice for him say that “God Forgives You”.

The end.
This one time, I went on the USPS website and calculated shipping and insurance cost. Saved me a trip to the PO. True story. grin
I did as well, but upon checking was told different.

Oh well.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
This one time, I went on the USPS website and calculated shipping and insurance cost. Saved me a trip to the PO. True story. grin

Yeah, well, lets see you get a price for a media mail package (books) on their website. I've tried, nada.
Originally Posted by Stammster
I once pointed out a guy his price was significantly above market value - trying to save him from the daily routine of posting “bump”, “ttt”, “priced lower by $5”, etc. for the next 2 weeks.

He told me GFY, which was awful nice for him say that “God Forgives You”.

The end.

^^^Total Dosh move. ^^^
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Yeah, well, lets see you get a price for a media mail package (books) on their website. I've tried, nada.
Weird. I just put in a 1 lb. package and it gave me a cost of $3.49 to send across town via Media Mail.
Originally Posted by Higginez
I did as well, but upon checking was told different.

Oh well.
That sucks. I was going to post this to your pre-edited post, so will anyway. Need a spare h.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

I recently sold NIB SWFA scope down there. Convo starts with "what's your bottom dollar?" Not even a name or even a "Hi" to start things off.

Next message is "send pics of actual scope and glass. If I like it I'll take it." No prob.

Once he says the magic words, he wants it shipped UPS. No can do. Small town local post office is too handy.

"Well, make sure it's insured. I'll pay to have it insured." OK fine. Costs me an extra trip to PO to get price and they give me total of $25. Guy acts like I'm trying to rip him off the whole time and this doesn't help. Tell him I'll refund him if it aint right. He PP's me an extra $25. Turns out it's only $11 insurance so refund issued.

Here's the funny part.

I'm half expecting this guy to get squirrly so I'm checking tracking every hour or so. I see it's landed and I send him a text, "Looks like the scope made it. Everything good?"

WTF?

LOL

Share your stories.

My bad Hig. I think I had just returned from one of our slim selection beer coolers. I had just found this short bottle of Coors Banquet, something I'd not seen before here in this beer desert.

It is just lucky for you that the scope shrunk my groups to acceptable levels. If it hadn't I'd have lit you up for scamming my azz.

Got to poke Judman here as well>Still I'm sure that MFWP didn't pick him for an antelope tag because of him mean mouthing our Montana small town beer selection.
What is it with meme's and spelling?

LOL

Yeah, you and I posted at same time and my laziness to quote busted me again!

Sorry wasn't aimed at you.
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP

Here's the funny part.

WTF?

LOL

Share your stories.

My bad Hig. I think I had just returned from one of our slim selection beer coolers. I had just found this short bottle of Coors Banquet, something I'd not seen before here in this beer desert.

It is just lucky for you that the scope shrunk my groups to acceptable levels. If it hadn't I'd have lit you up for scamming my azz.

Got to poke Judman here as well>Still I'm sure that MFWP didn't pick him for an antelope tag because of him mean mouthing our Montana small town beer selection.

LOL!

Yeah, not sure where ol' Judman was but in my experience the beer selection in MT has been better than good.

I suppose it aint all that great in Pony, MT though.

But they do cook up a mean frozen pizza!
I thought maybe you were trying to troll me.
"I'll take it" followed by approximately 37 stupid fuucking questions from him about a $10 deal... You know who you are! Dumbass!

Then, another guy.

I'm selling, he's buying, I paraphrase, "Here's the phone number for my FFL, xxx-ccc-vvvv, call them and take care of it" he said!
Agreed on a trade a while ago. Told the guy I would be a day or two to ship. An then got slammed at work. No way to get to the Post office when they were open. Kinda looked like a douche for a bit, nothing I could do about. That sucked.

Also bought a scope a while ago. Guy just tossed it in a box an shipped it. Fugger couldnt be bothered to even use one piece of newspaper to help protect the scope!

Weird. I just put in a 1 lb. package and it gave me a cost of $3.49 to send across town via Media Mail.
Well.........you're smarter than me.
Insurance

Amount for Merchandise Insurance Coverage Desired Fee1
$0.01 - $50.00 $2.60
50.01 - 100.00 3.35
100.01 - 200.00 4.10
200.01 - 300.00 5.40
300.01 - 400.00 6.80
400.01 - 500.00 8.15
500.01 - 600.00 11.00
600.01 - 5,000.00
(maximum liability is $5,000) $11.00 plus $1.65 per $100.00 or fraction thereof over $600 in declared value
Additional Insurance Services Fee
Insurance Restricted Delivery2 $6.25

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I’m not a poor worthless f$uck. I’m buy chit from places like opticsplanet , brownells and such. Never ran into the issues you gave, sorry.

I sell things to no one… again, I’m not a poor worthless f$uck.
I thought maybe you were trying to troll me.

Nope.
Originally Posted by LoadClear
I’m not a poor worthless f$uck. I’m buy chit from places like opticsplanet , brownells and such. Never ran into the issues you gave, sorry.

Totally don't see where this fits into the conversation.
Insurance is because these shipping companies in recent years have an all time high terrible services. Its lie their are doing in on purpose.

Bro com’ on.. you live in the valley..
It really is funny that stupid fuggers all worked up about the insurance thing.

I don't usually insure things as I package them well and ship fast. I looked it up on the USPS website and it said $11, but upon checking, I was told something different.

JFC!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by 79S

Bro com’ on.. you live in the valley..

Ouch!
It really is funny that stupid fuggers all worked up about the insurance thing.

I don't usually insure things as I package them well and ship fast. I looked it up on the USPS website and it said $11, but upon checking, I was told something different.

JFC!

Sounds like a good time too triple dog dare them to come to your locale and give them a good ol 24 Hourcampfire ass whooping!
Just about to.
Well I’m broke so I can’t afford anything from all them fancy places loadclear mentioned. Being broke/poor means I have nothing to sell either..
Typing this on a flip phone really sucks too.. speaking of I need to pedal to Walmart after work tomorrow and buy more data for my phone..
I've bought and sold hundreds and hundreds of firearms and gun related items totaling probably tens of thousands of dollars on many popular gun forums, including here. Many face to face, and all with ZERO issues, going back to the 90's when many here had never heard of gun forums. My buyer and seller status was always (and is) A+++.

But 10 or so years ago on the 24HCF classifieds, I was falsely accused of screwing someone out of a fuggin' $60 10-22 barrel, if I recall correctly. Everyone piled on and I was public enemy #1. For a piece of chit 10-22 barrel that was SHIPPED and RECEIVED.

Of course, it was all false. And now I only deal with people FACE TO FACE. I stopped posting chit for sale here long ago, because face to face is inconvenient for most, which I get. But my gun range has a classified webpage and a LOT of deals go on there, and all locally, usually over beers.

So.......... yea, fugk 24hcf classifieds. I'd rather shake a hand.
Wow, hundreds and hundreds.
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
Agreed on a trade a while ago. Told the guy I would be a day or two to ship. An then got slammed at work. No way to get to the Post office when they were open. Kinda looked like a douche for a bit, nothing I could do about. That sucked.

Also bought a scope a while ago. Guy just tossed it in a box an shipped it. Fugger couldnt be bothered to even use one piece of newspaper to help protect the scope!
Had something somewhat similar a while back. Bought a nice scope, seller had the original box for scope; I advised the cheapest way to ship it was to put it in a large flat rate priority box. So he did.

I didn’t think that I needed to specify that he should throw a little extra padding in there, or at least tape the scope box shut. Needless to say the box arrived with the scope floating around freely inside the large priority box.

Fortunately it was a decent scope and outside of a few extra scuffs didn’t appear to be too much worse for wear, but the experience definitely went into the category of WTF are people thinking.
🤔
Originally Posted by duck911
I've bought and sold hundreds and hundreds of firearms and gun related items totaling probably tens of thousands of dollars on many popular gun forums, including here. Many face to face, and all with ZERO issues, going back to the 90's when many here had never heard of gun forums. My buyer and seller status was always (and is) A+++.

But 10 or so years ago on the 24HCF classifieds, I was falsely accused of screwing someone out of a fuggin' $60 10-22 barrel, if I recall correctly. Everyone piled on and I was public enemy #1. For a piece of chit 10-22 barrel that was SHIPPED and RECEIVED.

Of course, it was all false. And now I only deal with people FACE TO FACE. I stopped posting chit for sale here long ago, because face to face is inconvenient for most, which I get. But my gun range has a classified webpage and a LOT of deals go on there, and all locally, usually over beers.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by mud_bogger

Had something somewhat similar a while back. Bought a nice scope, seller had the original box for scope; I advised the cheapest way to ship it was to put it in a large flat rate priority box. So he did.

I didn’t think that I needed to specify that he should throw a little extra padding in there, or at least tape the scope box shut. Needless to say the box arrived with the scope floating around freely inside the large priority box.

Fortunately it was a decent scope and outside of a few extra scuffs didn’t appear to be too much worse for wear, but the experience definitely went into the category of WTF are people thinking.
🤔

You might as well buy a plane ticket and go get yo ass whooping
A box of 308 Marlin Express.

Daughters boyfriend was given them when he tried to buy 308,
didn't notice untill they wouldn't chamber. (I know)

Made an inquiry about value for him, they had been bought before
things went nuts. I was hoping inflation would allow him to under price going rate, but recoup his money.

Anyway, after some time a member inquired if i had them and price.
The boyfriend didn't know what he wanted.
Back and forth, the guy finally tendered an offer.
Boyfriend took it.
Got shipping address for boyfriend, and....nothing.
Boyfriend couldn't get to PO, folks were afraid to ship ammo.

Buyer is very patient, but inquiring.

Finally had the schidts of it, got the ammo, built an overengineered box
at work. Tried to get a guy from work to ship it UPS, save a nickel.
He was scared also. I explained how it was done and no extra fee.
Apologetic, but scared, No!

Took it the a private shipping place. They whacked him around $8 above
UPS just to print the label. Figured if they had to print the warning label,
It would cost a fortune, so I told then it was metal parts.

About this time, I find out there is a second box of ammo.
No way am I going to throw that up to the buyer, ask for more
money, more trust at this point! Gotta get my hands clean of the shidt show!

Package arrived, buyer was happy,
Boyfriend seemed disappointed in the price/shipping, I'm glad
he didn't complain. I'd have went ballistic.

Good kid, but he sure wasn't much help,when I was helping him.

The buyer was great.
I would have killed the deal.
All of the BS sure made the transaction look shady as heck.
If you are reading this, thank you for your trust and patience!

I'll take " Things ATF & IRS Say" for 100 Alex.

Cool story babe, now shut up and go make us a sandwich
LOL!!!
Shipped a few packages to guys on here.
Wrapping and protection of items is fun to do.
I tend to go full blown tard strength mode with it.
Exterior will appear avg but yet secure.
Inside like one of those multiple shelled Russian egg things.
Kinda as a chuckle for the guy recieving it , but also as a deterrent to theft enroute. And I sure as hell dont reveal contents as anything firearm related to stir interest to shipping theives.
Might cost a little extra to ship, but I ain't no classified cowboy trying to squeeze every miser penny possible.
Flat rate boxes are easy to beef up on the inside also.

Don't take much forethought to at least put padding inside a box for fugg sakes either..🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Uh huh....
Right......
Check.....
Gotcha....
Sure you have....
👍👍👍🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Right up there with knowing that double ace 🙄

Thanks for the update. Everyone was wondering.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Sold some ammo and was paid by check. I didn't look at the return address and didn't clarify the shipping addy, I just sent it to the address on the check. UPS center is an hour drive.

A few days later I get a message. Tracking says it was delivered to Wisconsin, I'm in Indiana. I said uh oh, that was the address on the check. He says, I moved and that's my old address.

He contacted his realtor to check on it. The realtor says current inhabitants refused the package and sent it back. Tracking shows it's been received at the ups center in a couple days. I drive there and they say no package, you better make an insurance claim.

I offered the buyer a refund or replacement. He wanted the ammo, so I made another trip and shipped to the right address. In a few months I got the insurance, which was a hassle, and it at least covered some of my loss.

Moral is...always confirm the shipping address!
Originally Posted by Huncho
Insurance is because these shipping companies in recent years have an all time high terrible services. Its lie their are doing in on purpose.
Got English?

Hope you reported your earnings to The IRS!!!
I suggest you all kick back with a case of Natty Light and enjoy this piece of classic literature GOLD.

Scammer call out-what entertainment should be
Originally Posted by 79S
Well I’m broke so I can’t afford anything from all them fancy places loadclear mentioned. Being broke/poor means I have nothing to sell either..

You and loadclear are broke/poor have nothing to sell but live in Alaska. I need a Friday laugh tell me again how God damn bad it is....mb
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I suggest you all kick back with a case of Natty Light and enjoy this piece of classic literature GOLD.

Is that the thread about the guy from TX, WillieP is somethin….

Had 4 or 5 ranches….

Was bitchin about $30 worth of bullets that lost in the mail or something.
Originally Posted by Huntz
I've bought and sold hundreds and hundreds of firearms and gun related items totaling probably tens of thousands of dollars on many popular gun forums, including here.

He just did by making this post.
I found out that the free classifieds aren't free if you are trying to sell a few Frankenstud Sling Keepers now and then.

The boss needs paid.....
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I found out that the free classifieds aren't free if you are trying to sell a few Frankenstud Sling Keepers now and then.

The boss needs paid.....
And you're probably making less than some have made selling miscellaneous items or firearms.

So much for "Free" classifieds.

At least there are quite a few who know what they are and where to go if they want one. Time to fly under the radar now.
I have an ad in the classifieds it is almost a year old and on page 1000 and still get around 10 views per day. I have still not figued that one out.

The boss needs paid.....

It’s $1,500 to sell commercially over on Snipers Hide. I contacted Rick when I was selling AR500. He was way cool.
Originally Posted by granitestate1
I have an ad in the classifieds it is almost a year old and on page 1000 and still get around 10 views per day. I have still not figued that one out.
Web Crawlers, Spiders
Place an ad in the classified section here on the 'Fire, be prepared to meet the sick, the lame and the lazy stoonods that inhabit this site. No matter how thoroughly described your item there are always stupid questions and lowball offers.

Feel confident dealing with this gentleman anytime. He's GTG!
I am simply uncomfortable doing forum deals or any deal that is not face to face. I am nervous as a buyer because I will not react well to getting scammed. I am nervous as a seller because I don't react well to getting scammed and my integrity is on the line. I think I have done 4 transactions through this site. When I have sold, I have told the buyer that I'd ship the item to them, they could inspect it and if it met their approval they could send a check. When I have bought I have sent a check told them to let it clear and then ship. No issues whatsoever. I did ensure that I was dealing with longstanding member who don't appear to be here just to do business deals.

I need to sell this damn Burris XTR 3 that I paid a grand for. I have no use for it, but online transactions stress me out.
Yes we've seen your anxiety threads on purchases.
Did a deal here a while back on a rifle scope with a guy. When I received the scope in the mail I sent him this pic. And a WTF happened. He immediately tried calling me to ask what had happened and I said oh this was after I took the scope out of the box. We both had a good laugh about and welcomed each at our campfire. I think it made both of our days LOL

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Did a deal here a while back on a rifle scope with a guy. When I received the scope in the mail I sent him this pic. And a WTF happened. He immediately tried calling me to ask what had happened and I said oh this was after I took the scope out of the box. We both had a good laugh about and welcomed each at our campfire. I think it made both of our days LOL

I would have had a heart attack.
When I was selling my wife paracord rifle slings a few years back some fella accused me of stealing 550 cord from the Army supply room so my wife could make these slings LOL. My wife was making an assortment of colors and to this day the only color I ever seen in a army supply room is green and 99% of the time its rolled up in a big ball of ph uck.
You gotta be able to smell the stink of someone who's gonna be trouble to deal with. I was born with that ability.
Before I buy or sell to someone I don't know, I check their posts.

Are they part of the community or just camping in the classifieds and working deals.

Communicate all the way through the sale and make a new buddy, it's not that hard.
Originally Posted by colodog
Before I buy or sell to someone I don't know, I check their posts.

Are they part of the community or just camping in the classifieds and working deals.

Yep.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Is that the thread about the guy from TX, WillieP is somethin….

Had 4 or 5 ranches….

Was bitchin about $30 worth of bullets that lost in the mail or something.

No.
This thread was about 2 guys with Forest Gump IQs swearing that the other was a scammer.

Wait, what? Was this on that inner tube thing?
Accounts of established members have been hacked by scammers, to appear as if a long time member is selling or buying.
Rick has warned us all repeatedly about this.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Humble brag?
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

The boss needs paid.....
And you're probably making less than some have made selling miscellaneous items or firearms.

At least there are quite a few who know what they are and where to go if they want one. Time to fly under the radar now.

Yeah
Lane has run an add for plastic tubes and AR15 oil filter gizmos forever

I've sent Leighton 4 packages that have arrived like that, one an expensive custom rod, but the worst was a hog back straps that took 3 weeks to get there, the cooler was busted open, the last one was a package of kraut, hot sauce, and apple pie shine that was crushed.
Accounts of established members have been hacked by scammers, to appear as if a long time member is selling or buying.

So jag is not really selling Lara Logan's underpants?
Originally Posted by smokepole

So jag is not really selling Lara Logan's underpants?
Dots... connect 'em.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

The boss needs paid.....

Yeah
Lane has run an add for plastic tubes and AR15 oil filter gizmos forever
Or others who have had firearms or firearms parts for over 2 years. Same w others and knives.

Not going to call em out by name, if slipping through the cracks more power to em.

Or they could be paying, none of my business.
Originally Posted by akasparky
I've bought and sold hundreds and hundreds of firearms and gun related items totaling probably tens of thousands of dollars on many popular gun forums, including here.

ATF might be interested in his FFL records as well.
I’m pretty sure hundreds and hundreds of rifles is a bit beyond personal casual sales.
Originally Posted by akasparky

ATF might be interested in his FFL records as well.
I’m pretty sure hundreds and hundreds of rifles is a bit beyond personal casual sales.

Yeah, he's really be in trouble if.......

it wasn't all bullschidt.
My only story

I created a sock puppet and pretended to have free stuff only to get someone’s name,address, ph number

More than once

And they were douchebags too
Originally Posted by slumlord
My only story

I created a sock puppet and pretended to have free stuff only to get someone’s name,address, ph number

More than once

Damn was that you? I never did get my free Betamax copy of BJ and the Bear season 1
Rolling up i65 last week in a u-haul north of E-Town, I started thinking about if I only a pet chīmp with me
Rolling up i65 last week in a u-haul north of E-Town, I started thinking about if I only a pet chīmp with me
You could become POTUS. Didnt Biden have one?
Originally Posted by auk1124
My only story

More than once

Damn was that you? I never did get my free Betamax copy of BJ and the Bear season 1

Darn. We didnt know you waz a douchebag too.
Why does Biden hold such weight on your mind on a Friday night Jag?

Let it go for a bit.

We're bitchin about the Free Classifieds man!
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Humble brag?
Literally have no idea wtf. Lost me at, "I'm buy chit..." "
Why does Biden hold such weight on your mind on a Friday night Jag?

Let it go for a bit.

We're bitchin about the Free Classifieds man!

Look on the bright side.
As long as Jag's posting he's probably not out driving.
This thread has potential. Been good so far. Sprinkling of whining, a dash of righteous indignation, over a base of funny anecdotal stories.

TFF.

Well played!!!
Originally Posted by granitestate1

Search engine traffic – someone looking for what you're selling.

Every once in awhile you'll see an old ad get a response with an inquiry if the item is still for sale - and the post is 7 years old. laugh
© 24hourcampfire