Home
Posted By: Steve Thursday Night Acoustic Covers - 08/12/22
Man I wish I could play like this (or at all).

A little different, but worth a listen on some decent audio equipment.

Lindsey Buckingham doing a cover of Fleetwood Mac. cool

OK, I'll play

An interesting LONG version of a favorite song:

Originally Posted by Steve

Holy schidt.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
An interesting LONG version of a favorite song:

T
u
n
e

y
o
u
r

f
u
c
k
i
n
g

g
u
i
t
a
r
!
!
!
The spoon lady!
Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by Steve

Holy schidt.

You can say that again. My man went full on wizard mode at the 5min mark. Incredible.
Good stuff. I’ve had guitars on and off since I was 14. I like great guitar and especially bass play but never liked it enough to practice consistency.
There's a thousand good covers of Sultans of Swing on YouTube. Not taking anything away from this guitarist.

None of them actually come close to Knopfler and the biggest difference of course is that he had the ability to actually write the tune, play it, and sing it. I originally learned Sultans of Swing 44 years ago at age 14.
I just wish I could play. I’ve been trying to learn for years. Didn’t keep me from buying a pile of guitars.
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
I just wish I could play. I’ve been trying to learn for years. Didn’t keep me from buying a pile of guitars.

Lol...same here. The guitar is what taught me that Momma lied when she said "You can do anything you want to if you try hard enough.".
Not necessarily impressive from a guitar perspective but it is an acoustic cover...

Basic old folk tune here but contrary to popular belief Leadbelly did not write it. It's from the the 1800s and largely unattributed. Pretty remarkable from 3:50 on...harsh vocals.

Posted By: DMc Re: Thursday Night Acoustic Covers - 08/12/22
Hold on a second..., "Malagueña"

© 24hourcampfire