Home
Posted By: Reba Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
If you have used Wipe-Out bore cleaner; what do you think?
Posted By: Craigster Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
It works. Very well.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
Love it!
Posted By: Steve Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
Great stuff.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
Who cleans guns? They're to shoot.

Thanks for the comments. I was recently wondering about the product.
Posted By: rifletom Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
Works pretty damn good. Just let it set in the bore for about 15 minutes or so and clean, Easy peasy.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
I haven't cleaned a gun in 30 years.
Posted By: CraigD Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
You may also want to look at Patch-Out. It's made by the same company and i find it less messy to use... Same great results!
Posted By: VaHunter Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
I knock the powder fouling out of the barrel with a wet patch or two of Hoppe's No. 9 followed by 3 or 4 dry patches. After I am sure the Hoppe's is out of the barrel fairly well I use Wipe-Out in the barrel for 30 minutes to over night depending on how much copper fouling I think I have, followed by dry patches until no blue is observed.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
I have used it for at least 10 years... it is a very good product. I have taken guns that I thought just would not shoot anymore, and brought them back from the dead with exceptional accuracy. When I have a rifle that I have not cleaned in a while (mine are USED a LOT) and notice the accuracy falling off, I run a couple of series of WipeOut through the bore. After a couple of fouling shots, groups invariably tighten right back up.

I started using it after an article by Chuck Hawks... he was spot on.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
Originally Posted by VaHunter
I knock the powder fouling out of the barrel with a wet patch or two of Hoppe's No. 9 followed by 3 or 4 dry patches. After I am sure the Hoppe's is out of the barrel fairly well I use Wipe-Out in the barrel for 30 minutes to over night depending on how much copper fouling I think I have, followed by dry patches until no blue is observed.

I use pretty much the same procedure. Have been using Wipe-Out, and patches only, (no brushes) for at least the past 10 years or so on all my rifles. This stuff works extremely well. Knocking out the powder fouling before applying the Wipe-Out seems to make the best use of the product.
Posted By: rifletom Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
Originally Posted by CraigD
You may also want to look at Patch-Out. It's made by the same company and i find it less messy to use... Same great results!

Wipe-Out/Patch-Out. That is what I use. Good chit that actually works.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
Excellent product, use the accelerator when needed.
Posted By: Gunaddict Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
Wipe Out works awesome!!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
Like a few others, it's basically the only thing used nowadays.

I thought I had some more pics from the first time I used it on guns that had been "cleaned" already, but the only one I could find easily is this one showing what came out of a brand new pistol, which I assume was only test fired.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That was just one application and all that copper came out on the first patch.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of it.
Posted By: GRF Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
Love it.
Posted By: prkguy Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
I use it quite a bit. I spray it in and plug up the muzzle and receiver end with a piece of old T-shirt and leave it sit overnight. I try to be extra careful to not get messy with it on wood stocked rifles.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/12/22
Originally Posted by rifletom
Works pretty damn good. Just let it set in the bore for about 15 minutes or so and clean, Easy peasy.

Yep. It’s all I use anymore. Love it.
Posted By: 163bc Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/13/22
Nothing better or easier to use. Fantastic product
Posted By: 1minute Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/13/22
Anything carrying ammonia will give excellent results.
Posted By: lastround Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/13/22
I like Wipe-out. It’s used after Montana Extreme bore solvent if needed.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/13/22
Love it.
Posted By: swaincreek Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/13/22
Originally Posted by 700LH
Excellent product, use the accelerator when needed.
Excellent products . For carbon fouling let it sit overnight . Accelerator is excellent to help speed things up at the range.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/13/22
I started using bore tech eliminator and gave up on all other bore cleaners.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/13/22
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

If wipeout is any better then Boretech Eliminator that's saying something.........

Boretech does everything I need it to and quickly!
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/13/22
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

If wipeout is any better then Boretech Eliminator that's saying something.........

Boretech does everything I need it to and quickly!

Wipe out and boretech eliminator are about all I've used the last 10 years or so. I'll use Wipeout once in a while and let it sit overnight. Generally I use eliminator. I like using Wipeout and letting it sit overnight because I then just run a few dry patches and I'm done. No excess scrubbing the bore or the extra risk of damaging it with a rod or jag.

Bb
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/13/22
Y'all that use it know you should be wearing rubber gloves, right?

Not ammonia based, but butyl cellosolve (ethylen glycol monobutyl ether)

https://www.sinclairintl.com/userdocs/MSDS/749-001-053_WIPE-OUT%20ACCELERATOR%20LIQUID%20BORE%20CLEANER,%208%20OZ.%20(01-8530)%20-%2017A_default.pdf
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/13/22
I just recently broke into my supply of Patch-Out, Tactical Advantage and Patch-Out Accelerator. Seems to work as advertised. Although I'm not sure the Accelerator made much difference.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/13/22
I came here thinking I was gonna see a Surfaris video...

Or The Ventures

Or at least Sina

Posted By: 406_SBC Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/13/22
It's what I've used for more than a decade. It's easy and the odor is very tolerable.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/16/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad

https://www.sinclairintl.com/userdocs/MSDS/749-001-053_WIPE-OUT%20ACCELERATOR%20LIQUID%20BORE%20CLEANER,%208%20OZ.%20(01-8530)%20-%2017A_default.pdf

I haven't been wearing gloves since I've been sing wipe out and boretech for most everything. I used to wear them years ago with shooters choice and Barnes cr10 but that was my old routine. Figures that wipe out is bad for you.

What does butyl cellosolve do to you?

Bb
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/16/22
I too love and use WipeOut. When I clean one down to the metal, I then mop the bore with EezOx and let sit overnight. Try that one, you will love!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/16/22
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I haven't been wearing gloves since I've been sing wipe out and boretech for most everything. I used to wear them years ago with shooters choice and Barnes cr10 but that was my old routine. Figures that wipe out is bad for you.

What does butyl cellosolve do to you?

Bb

From the MSDS I posted above:

"EFFECTS OF OVEREXPOSURE - SKIN CONTACT: PROLONGED OR REPEATED CONTACT MAY CAUSE SEVERE BURNS, PROLONGED
EXPOSURE MAY LEAD TO SKIN ULCERATION, MA Y IRRITATE SENSITIVE SKIN"

From another SDS:

"Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed
Toxic in contact with skin. Toxic if inhaled. Causes skin irritation. Harmful if
swallowed. Contact may cause redness, swelling and a painful sensation. Causes
serious eye irritation. Symptoms may include tearing, redness and discomfort. May
cause respiratory irritation. May cause coughing and breathing difficulties. Ingestion
may cause gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Aspiration hazard
- material may cause lung inflammation or damage if it enters lungs through vomiting
or swallowing. Inhaling high concentrations may cause central nervous system
depression, with effects ranging from dizziness and headache to unconsciousness.
Chronic overexposure to 2-butoxyethanol may cause liver, kidney and blood damage,
based on animal data. "

http://www.cometchemical.com/MSDS/Butyl%20CellosolveEN.pdf

Now, those are probably for straight butyl cellosolve? I have no idea what concentration Wipe Out products might be, or if there is any dilution at all.
Odds are (maybe) that your limited exposure cleaning some guns will have no effect on you. Your choice.

I've already had a third of one of my filters (kidney) removed in a rather unpleasant operation and hospital stay. Who know what caused it. Was it a result of the common practice when I was growing up of washing greasy car parts in diesel or gasoline in a tub while using a wire brush and getting it in my skin? Working around other things like hydraulic fluids, acetone, etc?

I wear eye and ear protection while shooting, and running yard equipment now as I like my hearing and eyesight. I wear gloves when changing oil in my vehicles and when cleaning guns now, especially if more than one. But that's just me.

I was just throwing that out there for those that might be interested.
Posted By: 1Longbow Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/16/22
Great stuff
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/16/22
It's all I use and it's all I've used for years.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/16/22
Big fan of it myself.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/16/22
Real Wipe Outs

Posted By: WhopperStopper Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/16/22
Excellenr product. I use the accelerator also to soeed it up.

WS
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/16/22
I’ve used it since it first came out. I like to use Shooter’s choice on a couple of wet patches and 8-10 strokes with a bronze brush to knock down some powder fouling before applying the Wipeout. You can leave it in the bore for a couple of days without any problems.

If I think I’ll need more than one application, I lay the gun one its side, patch it out later with a couple of dry patches, give it another shot and lay it on the other side.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Wipe-Out? - 08/16/22
Wipe Out is the GOAT
© 24hourcampfire