Home
3.5 hr drive 225 miles.
Leaving at 5am.

1st time going to it..
500 tables....
Probably will be the last also, have been wanting to go to it for awhile.
Get out of the same ole same old 125 mile radius of Nashville area shows rut with the same faces and same stuff....
Looking for the seemingly unobtanium marlin xs .308 accutrigger North Haven Ct made one, not remlin Mayfield ky one...
And a few other things I look for but never seem to find around here...

๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Safe travels and enjoy the show Rene!
Maybe today is the day you will find your Marlin.
Show here in Clarksville had one about 3 or 4 months ago.
1st one I had seen in 2 or 3 yrs North Haven made.

Bubba camouflage job, really poorly done.
Didnt even tape off the black recoil pad.
Let alone unscrew it off.
Or take the bolt out when spraying it.
Some Sigmund the sea monster multi green color abortion..

๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด
Be careful on the road, and good luck on the Marlin.
I like the drive between Nashville and Knoxville. It's pretty. My money is on this show frustrating you with stupidity.
I am surprised Knoxville allows gun shows.
I've been to the Knoxville gunshow many years ago. Still have a S&W i bought there. It was a nice show. By now most dealers are trying to sell the more expensive stuff online.
Haven't stepped foot in one of those circuses in over a decade.

Good luck.
I went to the Des Moines gunshow at the Iowa state fairgrounds looking for a Remington760 pump in 35 Remington, and didn't find one. Obviously something relatively scarce. Put a WTB add right here on the Fire and found one. Got a nice early 60's model
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I like the drive between Nashville and Knoxville. It's pretty. My money is on this show frustrating you with stupidity.

Yep, my favorite part of the Texas-NY grind, there on into VA and on over the New River ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Best of luck and safe travels, I am thinking of going to the show in Dickson today myself.
"Pretty"๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด
- 10 man points dude.

Scenic Paul...
Scenic....

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Pizz break Caney Fork rest area.
Kinda scenic here....
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Greely colo is the nearest gs this weekend. No desire to travel to colo. Don't need to my xs-7 308 made in Conn. In the closet safe. Good luck ren fiddy..mb
Safe travels. Good luck with your search. I'm going to a local gun show this morning also. Looking to trade my win mod 70 300 wsm for something with a little less kick for my daughter. hopefully find a nice 7mm 08.
Drive safely. Find something nice!
We expect a report!

I hate the drive, because the traffic is horrendous, and that stretch of I-40 is a deadly one, with all the big trucks and idiots running 20 MPH over the speed limit.
There's a local show here this weekend, but I'm not going. I don't particularly want anything, nor do I need anything, and I can't stand shysters, so I'll stay home.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by renegade50
3.5 hr drive 225 miles.
Leaving at 5am.

1st time going to it..
500 tables....
Get out of the same ole same old 125 mile radius of Nashville area shows rut with the same faces and same stuff....
Looking for the seemingly unobtanium marlin xs .308 accutrigger North Haven Ct made one, not remlin Mayfield ky one...

๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
I found a marlin 308 like your looking for at a pawn shop for $399
Good luck!

Be good to get outside the local circuit.

Several gun shows in MS are put on my same guy.

Same dealers just a different town.
Originally Posted by Gaschekt
I went to the Des Moines gunshow at the Iowa state fairgrounds looking for a Remington760 pump in 35 Remington, and didn't find one. Obviously something relatively scarce. Put a WTB add right here on the Fire and found one. Got a nice early 60's model
You'll have to go to a big Gun Show in Wisconsin or Minnesota to find one of those. I used to see those 760's all the time in Wisconsin.
Originally Posted by worriedman
I am surprised Knoxville allows gun shows.

Ha... you do know know much about this area of TN I guess...

The best gun show I have been to in years is in Knoxville. Smokey mountain gun collectors association show... Only guns... none of the other garbage you see at other shows and the last time I was there no tables from a dealer with just polymer pistol and ARs... all collectible stuff.
How long you gonna be there Ren? I gotta a buddy that runs a table for aK parts mostly. Iโ€™m gonna try and drop by after I get the yards mowed.
I wish I was going to a gun show.
Looks like the closest one is in Knoxville. grin
These pricks here in So Cal stopped damn near every gun show. The old Great Western show at the L A County Fairgrounds held three times a year was massive it been gone seems like 20 years now.
The shows in Vegas are small, guess I could drive to Phoenix and check that out. The big Tulsa show is on my bucket list. I'm telling ya California as not always been fuqked up, been hear since pop moved us out here from west by god in 1960. Couple more years then we're out of here. Not sure where, I like the Reno area.

I've heard some obscure goals in my life but damn.

That one gotta take the cake.

LOL
Originally Posted by deflave

I've heard some obscure goals in my life but damn.

That one gotta take the cake.

LOL
Heโ€™s a simple man.
Kinda scenic here....
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Six weeks ago, somewhere in East Tennessee, could have been that same place. An eastbound bus full of illegals, unwashed, still wearing their I-just-crossed-the-Border clothes. Almost all young men.

They were looking around wonderingly, taking photos with their smart phones, seemed a tad confused by the fixtures in the menโ€™s room.

Probโ€™ly from Texas, maybe sent by Gov. Abbott to DC or NYC.

The world is getting smaller every day.
3.5 hr drive 225 miles.
Leaving at 5am.

1st time going to it..
500 tables....

Wish I knew sooner that you would be in town. I'd love to put a face to the famous 24 persona smile

My first time not attending this show in a year or so. Too much on the farm to do right now with a break in the rain we been having. Last show it was elbows and arseholes and a lot of good guns rotating through. That 308 MIGHT be there as this show draws in ppl from the Tri Cities (Bristol area) all the way down to choo choo town (Chattanooga) .
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Kinda scenic here....
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Six weeks ago, somewhere in East Tennessee, could have been that same place. An eastbound bus full of illegals, unwashed, still wearing their I-just-crossed-the-Border clothes. Almost all young men.

They were looking around wonderingly, taking photos with their smart phones, seemed a tad confused by the fixtures in the menโ€™s room.

Probโ€™ly from Texas, maybe sent by Gov. Abbott to DC or NYC.

The world is getting smaller every day.

Looks alot like the bus in this story Birdwatcher.

And this was from yesterday I think.

https://newschannel9.com/news/local...alley-hamilton-county-immigration-debate
I had to cancel at the last minute.

I gotta change my oil and go get a flea collar for the cat.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I had to cancel at the last minute.

I gotta change my oil and go get a flea collar for the cat.
DAMMIT !

That would have been a twofer lol.
Thereโ€™s an inside joke there:

My brother in law is my neighbor. Cool dude, we used to run around together. Did all that fun stuff like jumping off of bridges, top roping river bluff walls, kayaking, smoking endless pounds of dope, trips to panama city with our crew.

Dude got himself a super high maintenance bitch girlfriend for a spell of 3-4 yrs.

Anytime weโ€™d ask him hey man you wanna go smoke some dope and kayak the Buffalo River, he say โ€œnahhh manโ€ฆI really beed change my oilโ€ staring down at the ground fuggin Eeyore. LOL
Which was code for, Bitch wants to go to Nashville and wander around the mall.

My real reason for not going.
1. I have to cut a shรฎtload of okra before Nana comes over here nosing around.
2. Special medicine I take gives me the shรฎts, and my balls touch the terlot water in every crapper except my high-rise Kohler Cimmaron
2. Special medicine I take gives me the shรฎts, and my balls touch the terlot water in every crapper except my high-rise Kohler Cimmaron
laffinโ€™

Thatโ€™s reason enough!! laugh laugh laugh

No f'ing way im leaving my personal throne with that going on. Id sooner hang my arse out rene's passenger window on i40.

Good story on your buddy. Ive lost a couple that way. Usually show back up years later with their tails between their legs like a beat hound.
Heading back to Clarksvegas....

Seen a post 64 win 100 in .308...
1675.00 bucks.๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Prices on stuff like all other shows.
Seen a couple sellers I knew.
Told em was it kinda disappointing.
But not really that bad compared to some.
Oh well....

Zero seen on the marlin.
Not even a Steven's 200.
Nor a wood stocked savage axis II.

Lotta transactions seem to be happening right outside the door in plain veiw of the RK Show people.
Lotta people bringing in guns lot more so than I have seen.

Couple old dudes not even going inside hitting everyone with a wpn going in.
That stuff gets shut down quick around the nashvegas circuit.

Seemed kinda strange it was allowed to go on
No sign out front about it either like all other shows.

Oh well satisfied my interest wont feel the desire to come again.

Gotta head on out...
Get back to Clarksvegas and mow the fugging lawn tommorow.
๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Rooney eats it.
Just like my search for the marlin.

๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Clinch River still have a high power rifle season for carp up river in WV???
๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Thanks for the report, sir! You saved me some gas money.
Bring me 10 pounds of roasted nuts. Any army surplus shirts there?
Heading back to Clarksvegas....

Lotta transactions seem to be happening right outside the door in plain veiw of the RK Show people.
Lotta people bringing in guns lot more so than I have seen.

Couple old dudes not even going inside hitting everyone with a wpn going in.
That stuff gets shut down quick around the nashvegas circuit.

Seemed kinda strange it was allowed to go on
No sign out front about it either like all other shows

That happens at every single show here... always has... never been a problem
Just got a phoner update.

A bag of marshmallow circus peanuts and cajun spice kettle corn, Faygo cotton candy pop.

Some old man in a square box chevy was doing 62 in the left lane and eating an apple. Gave ol Renegade50 a stumpy middle finger salute for tailgating him.
No dream catchers
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Bring me 10 pounds of roasted nuts. Any army surplus shirts there?
At least 1/3rd of it was the usual non gun stuff .

And the ever present osprey scope table.
Originally Posted by earlybrd
No dream catchers
That and more.
1 woman had 4 tables and the back wall full of purse,s
Macrame, rug, padded stuffed, knit.
And she was selling alot of em to women and girls at the show.

Shoulda got one for Goosey/ JeffO....
๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
How long you gonna be there Ren? I gotta a buddy that runs a table for aK parts mostly. Iโ€™m gonna try and drop by after I get the yards mowed.
Dude in his late 30,s early 40,s looking long black almost shoulder hair???
Have spoken with him many times.
Has a exc selection of sovbloc, chicom, mil surp parts about 10 tables worth and cabinets.

Same guy you know.
Told him today a guy he knows told me about him via 24 he campfire.
I've hit the gun show circuit since we've moved to Tennessee, gone to two in Knoxville, one in Cookeville, Sparta, Clarksville, one here in Crossville as a spectator, the one the other weekend as a vendor, I rented two tables and the Mrs. & I sold off some magazines, holsters, scopes, slings, stuff that accumulates before you know it. And a gun, I sold a MPA30T, a MAC 10 looking POS I'd had for 20 years.
I tried to sell my stuff fairly priced, but I will tell you what, prices at all of those shows I mentioned are even higher then the shows we used to go to in Virginia Beach and Hampton or Chantilly. These old farts really think their crap is solid gold.
What a paradox, now that I am centrally located enough that I could go to a gun show nearly every weekend, everything at every show has been sky high, so it's nearly not worth the ride and admission.

A bag of marshmallow circus peanuts and cajun spice kettle corn, Faygo cotton candy pop.

Some old man in a square box chevy was doing 62 in the left lane and eating an apple. Gave ol Renegade50 a stumpy middle finger salute for tailgating him.

Lmao

If Rene didn't stop at the Bucees in Crossville and get you some beaver nuggets and a brisket sammich id be mad ๐Ÿ˜†

They're supposedly building a Bucee's about 12 miles down the road from where I live.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
They're supposedly building a Bucee's about 12 miles down the road from where I live.

Is that east or west Kentucky James ? They are definitely expanding faster these days.
Wtf is a beaver nugget
Wtf is a beaver nugget

They describe them as being like a deep fried pancake ball or like a funnel cake bite.

Never had one but I know Slummy likes adventure eating
Driving observations

We all know 75 to 80 is passing lane traveling speed.
Then ya got the azzholes speeding up in the right lane trying to squeeze thru traffic
Then ya got the 70 mph types for miles on end in the passing lane holding up traffic.
Then ya got the totally aloof not even aware of flow or traffic beyond 100yds yet alone up to a mile away.
Then ya got the dipschit tail gating 1 to 2 car lengths behind you when you are pacing traffic ahead of you by at least 1 car length per each 10 mph of speed

I musta got ahead of about 8 to 9 each way of the various types going to and coming back

Homie believes in extended 10 to 15 sec window washing sessions when he gets about 25 to 30 yds in front of em after passing em in the fast then getting in the right.

Then its is back to 75 or 80 on my way.
Couple times got the same nimrod twice before they learned to back the fugg off or got more corrective window washing.

Then up around exit 19 on 24.

Traffic is backed the fugg up in the right lane.
I come up on this from about 1/2 mile away
Everyone is doing 72 .
No one passing
So I run up past them all doing 75

Sure as fugg
A Coopertown pecker cop playing the I got the power game.
Got his left arm out the window.
All cool guy and being a dick to traffic on their little Coopertown bosshawg 3 mile section of 24

Right along side of him
He looks at me, I look at him
Point to my speedo.
Look back at him, he turns his head real like he didnt see me and schit.
You are allowed to go over the limit 5 to 7 mph to pass.

I pass him doing 74 75 then signal and pull into right lane ahead of him about 50 yd then slow down to his 72 and about 25 30 yds in front of him

Gave his prick azz about a 10 sec window wash session.
He pulled over into the break down lane real quick.
His wipers going.
Bet his arm was all squirty fluid covered too and he was wiping it off.
Cool guy Coopertown prick cop playing traffic control games for power on the interstate.
How you like me now prick.....
Then all the traffic he was fugging with was able to all get past him and their little BS games zone on 24.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Originally Posted by MARCEL

Is that east or west Kentucky James ? They are definitely expanding faster these days.

West Kentucky, right off I-24 close to the Tennessee state line. I suspect Slum and Reny will be regulars there.
Windshield washer session is also good for getting stupid motorcyclists off your azz too.
They most def need 1 vehicle length for every 10mph.
If not double that doing 75 or 80
Most def backs em off you azz fast...
๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

West Kentucky, right off I-24 close to the Tennessee state line. I suspect Slum and Reny will be regulars there.
Those signs were all over 40.
Pic of a Beaver and talking about going potty.
๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
I know a guy couldnโ€™t smell to good put gasoline in his wind wiper reservoir he liked to smoke as well
I do 75 80 on the interstate .
That seems to be the accepted range for about most.
Traffic coming up behind me faster I let em pass.

Someone doing 70 In the passing lane with clear ahead of them
Another slow poke to the right and knowing they are getting their jollies from backing up traffic .

Old man in some Early 90,s GMC pickup doing that.
Finally
Fuuuuking finally get up beside him when he gets in the right lane after deciding he got his fill of power.
Eating a [bleep] apple gumming on the thing all hunched up on his steering wheel.

Got something for you too gramps.
Really good window washer session for him.
And the 1 finger salute.

People play these little passive aggressive traffic games on purpose.
Nothing can convince me otherwise.

Try being stuck behind Nana and Daddy on 41A going south and they are doing 30 in a 50 for 4 miles.
No way to pass and 700 800 yds of ticked off drivers behind you and your # 1 in the stack.
Slumlords in laws..
๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
I know a guy couldnโ€™t smell to good put gasoline in his wind wiper reservoir he liked to smoke as well
๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Supposedly they have THE cleanest kept toilets out there. They are well known for it, or so the story goes. I imagine given the chance one of these days Slummy will break their streak with some bubble guts
Ren, If I had of known a little earlier you were heading this way I would have offered to spring for lunch.
I didnโ€™t get into the place until around two thirty. Called my buddy to open the back door for me and he didnโ€™t answer his phone crazy So I went to lunch for chicken wings and A beer.
Finally got a hold of him little after 2 oโ€™clock and gained entrance. saved the door charge so there is that

Typical gun show, if your lookin for a deal stay home. Flea market of bang bang schitt...
I did pick up an ar trigger kit.
Seen two guns I really liked but the price was waayyyy to high on both for me.
The first was a whinny 9410 lever gun, the guy wanted $1600 for... NOT me brother
The next was a browning 1885 low wall in .22 hornet... $2600... eee I donโ€™t think so But damn it WAS purdy!
I seen that 9410 also.
๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Seen a collection of colt rimfire .22,s
4 of em and a box w/ glass top

Dude wanted 4600 for it .

At best they were in avg to good condition at best.

Seen a modified 80,s colt king cobra 8 inch.
Someone had the grip frame milled and welded to reduce its contour and make it smaller.
Had some Mexican pimp mother of pearl grips on it.

Total abortion of a once perfectly fine king cobra.

Wanted 2100 or 2200 for it.

Some peoples kids.......

๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
The 1885 low wall was at the same table as the 9410
On a side note, I seen some daymn good lookin wemmins there!! laugh
I left around 1230 est

Got their just a little before 10 est

Did one complete walk around.
Pretty easy to eliminate the ammo tables and the regular non gun item tables.

Then just a aimless wander on the way out.

Had 2 sonic grilled cheese sandwiches outside of Lebanon at one of the exits on way back.
They were pretty good.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Our old Shoneyโ€™s is fixing to be a Whataburger

I already know how that will play out.
Untouchable drive thru lines for first 4 weeks, then trickle off. A solid all-groidian employee cookstaff of dragasses and step n fetchits.
Brown lettuce, stomped on buns, flat sodas, cold fries.

Canโ€™t wait
The 1885 low wall was at the same table as the 9410
On a side note, I seen some daymn good lookin wemmins there!! laugh
Oh yeah...
I was hawking some of the Honey babies...
Kinda cutie little asian american mixed breed chick
Trying to peddle dragon skin chest armour.
Think it was dragon skin.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Last one I went to at knoxville expo center where you went was over 10 yrs ago. Vowed to stay away from em. Actually thought about going to this one just to see, glad I didn't. Bought 2 Henry's & sold a revolver over the past week. That was way better than the gun show I'd imagine. I've seen people find a deal, but it's really rare. Sorta like the odds of Killin over from the chiner virus.
Another reason why I canโ€™t go.

Woz any of dem โ€œthiccโ€ ?

Pawg butts drive me nuts

LOL!!!
Uh huh...
๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Supposedly they have THE cleanest kept toilets out there. They are well known for it, or so the story goes. I imagine given the chance one of these days Slummy will break their streak with some bubble guts

They built one between Berea and Richmond on I-75 a year ago. Sucker must have 50 gas pumps. For some weird reason they don't allow semis to stop, which probably cuts half their potential customer base on that stretch of 75. Weird.
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
I've hit the gun show circuit since we've moved to Tennessee, gone to two in Knoxville, one in Cookeville, Sparta, Clarksville, one here in Crossville as a spectator, the one the other weekend as a vendor, I rented two tables and the Mrs. & I sold off some magazines, holsters, scopes, slings, stuff that accumulates before you know it. And a gun, I sold a MPA30T, a MAC 10 looking POS I'd had for 20 years.
I tried to sell my stuff fairly priced, but I will tell you what, prices at all of those shows I mentioned are even higher then the shows we used to go to in Virginia Beach and Hampton or Chantilly. These old farts really think their crap is solid gold.
What a paradox, now that I am centrally located enough that I could go to a gun show nearly every weekend, everything at every show has been sky high, so it's nearly not worth the ride and admission.

I'm pretty convinced alot of the old cats price their stuff so sky high with 0 intention to sell. And pay for tables just to go to the show and talk cause they are lonely.

How else can one explain a post 64 basket weave pressed checkering model 100 .308 for 1675 bucks fair condition.

Another old guy I have seen around other shows and at this one today

Has high priced guns on display each with a 3x 5 card with factoids about each gun .
I have never seen anyone buy anything.
But lotsa guys blocking the aisles talking with him about the old days. Which isnt a bad thing.

All Totally aloof to 15 people wanting to get by and on down the aisle.
I seriously think it is a show and tell type of thing with some of these older guys and the prices at their table.
More of a social event and the guns and prices are to draw people in for attention

Just speculating....
Bunch of foucking dipshรฎt Gopher Gunner types in there talking about first and ONLY deer kill with basket weave pressed in grip Model 100.

Back in 19 and 74

Munching on a bag of Rural King popcorn theyโ€™ve nursing for 2 hours
Driving observations

Then ya got the azzholes speeding up in the right lane trying to squeeze thru traffic
Then ya got the 70 mph types for miles on end in the passing lane holding up traffic.
Then ya got the totally aloof not even aware of flow or traffic beyond 100yds yet alone up to a mile away.
Then ya got the dipschit tail gating 1 to 2 car lengths behind you when you are pacing traffic ahead of you by at least 1 car length per each 10 mph of speed

I musta got ahead of about 8 to 9 each way of the various types going to and coming back

Homie believes in extended 10 to 15 sec window washing sessions when he gets about 25 to 30 yds in front of em after passing em in the fast then getting in the right.

Couple times got the same nimrod twice before they learned to back the fugg off or got more corrective window washing.

Everyone is doing 72 .
No one passing

Sure as fugg
All cool guy and being a dick to traffic on their little Coopertown bosshawg 3 mile section of 24

Right along side of him
Point to my speedo.

I pass him doing 74 75 then signal and pull into right lane ahead of him about 50 yd then slow down to his 72 and about 25 30 yds in front of him

His wipers going.
Cool guy Coopertown prick cop playing traffic control games for power on the interstate.
Then all the traffic he was fugging with was able to all get past him and their little BS games zone on 24.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Let me see if I understand this. You spray windshield washer fluid, the stuff that goes on windshields, and it gets on another driver's windshield. That is a deterrent?
Well yeah

It really pisses off Spyhunter the motorcycle douche
Driving observations

Everyone is doing 72 .
No one passing

Sure as fugg

Right along side of him
Point to my speedo.

His wipers going.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Let me see if I understand this. You spray windshield washer fluid, the stuff that goes on windshields, and it gets on another driver's windshield. That is a deterrent?
It pisses folks off somthing terrible.
I think youโ€™re right about the old guys with stupid prices. I bought a post-64 Win. 100 in .308 with a 3-8x40 Leupold for $270 OTD from a pawn shop 4 years ago for a buddy. I sent the scope back to Leupold and they replaced it with a new one. I only wanted the scope and figured my archery buddy needed a semi in .308 anyway. That rifle was in excellent shape having been a closet queen for years.

$2000+ for a post 64 Win 100 in .308 is so far out there that itโ€™s obvious heโ€™s not interested in selling itโ€ฆ.hell for $2600 his grandkids wonโ€™t be able to sell it in their lifetime. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Driving observations

Everyone is doing 72 .
No one passing

Sure as fugg

Right along side of him
Point to my speedo.

His wipers going.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Phug ya, I donโ€™t mind that schit on my windshield but I donโ€™t want it all over the front of my car....
Drove the wife to Knoxville and we had a nice lunch at Chesapeakes. Glad I didnโ€™t know about the gun show or I would of went and wasted my time. In the last 20 years gun shows are good for raising my blood pressure and thatโ€™s about it.
There was one guy there that was laying flat on his back in a folding lawn chair covered up with a blanket sellin schitt... WTF?
I went by him several times figuring he was about to check out and maybe they would have a fire sale, but no dice....
GunShow today in central FL.....

unloaded a Savage 24C, Camper

and picked up this..... Ruger 77, 30-06, 1971 issue.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Driving observations

Everyone is doing 72 .
No one passing

Sure as fugg

Right along side of him
Point to my speedo.

His wipers going.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Phug ya, I donโ€™t mind that schit on my windshield but I donโ€™t want it all over the front of my car....
I thought Paul was little more sharp...
JK Paul but do you get it now.
Kinda like those guys rolling coal on bicyclists.

Squirty fluid mist cloud....
Espeically after a nice driveway detail job before the cruise in that nice brand new vehicle.
Motorcyclists and their chrome too.
Not to mention all in their face.
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Oh look it is gonna be nice with no rain the next couple days
Time to detail the transpo...

Water spots are the debil.
And that guy in the little red truck sure likes a clean windshield.
Wait .... now I figured out why he is doing it .
Curse you red truck baron....
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
There was one guy there that was laying flat on his back in a folding lawn chair covered up with a blanket sellin schitt... WTF?
I went by him several times figuring he was about to check out and maybe they would have a fire sale, but no dice....
I didn't see him.
Wish I did.
๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
as a man reachin fo his trousers shoots him fulla .38 holes
Originally Posted by Muffin
GunShow today in central FL.....

unloaded a Savage 24C, Camper

and picked up this..... Ruger 77, 30-06, 1971 issue.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
If that's the factory red butt plate that bastard will kick. I need to get a red recoil pad for mine
JT, Yep, all original.....

But it don't kick, it's a 30-06....... very mild, can't hardly kill anything with it either...... no where near as potent as the 270.....

wink
Lol!!!
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
I went to a local gun show today. It was pretty disappointing. Most everything was beat up and overpriced. Came home empty handed. That Ruger 30-06 looks like a nice find.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I think youโ€™re right about the old guys with stupid prices. I bought a post-64 Win. 100 in .308 with a 3-8x40 Leupold for $270 OTD from a pawn shop 4 years ago for a buddy. I sent the scope back to Leupold and they replaced it with a new one. I only wanted the scope and figured my archery buddy needed a semi in .308 anyway. That rifle was in excellent shape having been a closet queen for years.

$2000+ for a post 64 Win 100 in .308 is so far out there that itโ€™s obvious heโ€™s not interested in selling itโ€ฆ.hell for $2600 his grandkids wonโ€™t be able to sell it in their lifetime. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Actually, maybe I CAN top that stupid crap. There is a flea market here in Crossville, a really long, stupid, hilly path of redneck Nirvana, and towards the far end is where the "non-dealer" dealers hang out, selling their treasures. For instance, there was this afternoon, an old U.S. Revolver .32 top break (not even a name brand Harrington & Richardson or Iver Johnson!), of course I was tempted at only $400, but I managed to tear myself away and trudge on.

Last weekend (and the whole week before), we experienced our first "Rt 127" Yard Sale, and I like yard sales, but these were the same folks, I guess, because (I swear), I saw a dark green sheet metal trash can with a swinging lid, right out of any federal building circa 1968, with a $400 price tag on it too! What is it with insane people and "$400"?
Back in my motorcycle period I came to view East Tennessee as the land of dancing trucks. Laboring on the upslopes, hauling a$$ on the downslopes.

One time this minivan driver on cruise control was in the fast lane, a semi right beside her in the right lane trying to keep up his revs in a climb, both of them closing in on a slower moving semi,

Truck driver puts his left turn signal on, hoping minivan cruise control lady will take note, she doesnt, pinning him in his lane.

Puff of black.smoke as trucker brakes and downshifts, I could not hear profanity from trucker ๐Ÿ™‚ Oblivious minivan lady continues on her way, not a care in the world.
Be careful my fellow Volunteer. Your wiper fluid strategy can be deadly.
-tnscouter

Oregon man killed in road rage attack after splashing windshield wiper fluid on passing BMW

Jessica Schladebeck, New York Daily News
July 22, 2022

A father was shot and killed in Oregon during a suspected road rage attack, sparked after he accidentally splashed windshield wiper fluid on a passing BMW, his partner revealed.

Dennis Anderson and his partner of 18 years, Brandy Goldsbury, were driving along Highway 18 in the Van Duzer Corridor on July 13 when the incident occurred. They were on their way back to their home in Tigard after a day trip to Lincoln City to celebrate the end of their weeklong COVID-19 quarantine.

Goldsbury said the chaos started after they noticed another vehicle, a black BMW 3 Series, trying to pass them. She recalled that Anderson had just sprayed wiper fluid on his windshield and that some of the liquid may have splashed on the other driverโ€™s car.
โ€œI was just like, โ€˜Ignore him, heโ€™s just having a bad day,โ€™โ€ she told the Oregonian.

Eventually the BMW passed, but the couple again encountered the vehicle just a few miles down the highway when they arrived at a rest area near Otis.

โ€œWe drove by it, and then it got behind us,โ€ she said. โ€œAnd then when the lanes started to turn to one again, the car started driving really close to the back of us โ€” almost like it was going to hit us. And then it would go into oncoming traffic and kind of swerve toward us, like trying to push us to the side of the forest.โ€

She said that happened several times before she finally encouraged Anderson to pull over and call 911. He obliged, and stepped out of his car as he dialed. Thatโ€™s when the BMW stopped parallel to them and someone opened fired from the inside the car, according to state police.
โ€œThe last thing that he said was, โ€˜Oh my god, they shot me,โ€™โ€ Goldsbury recalled.

A man driving past them performed CPR on Anderson until an ambulance got to the scene. He was pronounced dead a short time later.

Police on Friday continued their hunt for the shooter and the vehicle involved. The passenger in the car, who authorities believe fired the deadly shots, is described as a younger male with a medium complexion who is less than 25 years old and small in stature with short, dark hair.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Oregon State Police at 1-800-452-7888.
Renegade50 Let us know how you do.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire