Home
Friend told me that when going to his FFL to pickup a handgun, he was refused because he was not a resident of the state the FFL was in ?

Something new ?
No
Nope ... handgun transfers among FFLs are different than long guns.
New since 1968
How different ?
This is not FFL to FFL. This is FFL to buyer.
As was said, been that way since 1968. Where have you been?
As far as plants go this guy is a mongoloid.
Your friend's FFL should have told him that before he "crossed state lines", and your friend could have had the gun shipped to a dealer in his own state.
Originally Posted by UpThePole
Friend told me that when going to his FFL to pickup a handgun, he was refused because he was not a resident of the state the FFL was in ?

Something new ?

How was it "his" FFL if he wasn't in his home state?

Any FFL I use to pickup a firearm is in my same town if possible, or State of my residence at least.
Home is where your LGS is....everybody knows that.
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Something new ?

How was it "his" FFL if he wasn't in his home state?

Any FFL I use to pickup a firearm is in my same town if possible, or State of my residence at least.
You believe in 2A?
How different ?
This is not FFL to FFL. This is FFL to buyer.

I'm a resident of Alaska, I cannot buy a pistol in person in the lower 48 period. I have to, have it shipped to an FFL up here in Alaska to complete the transaction. So your buddy will have to have pistol he is trying to buy shipped to an ffl in his home state.
I commonly use dealers in both WV and VA for receiving long gun purchases from online sources. Handguns are treated differently and must be transferred by a dealer in your state of residence.

If you’d care to slog through the online regs to verify this, or disprove it, have at it. The answer will be the same.

Tip: Don’t make decisions that can land you in jail based on internet expertise, or word of mouth.
Originally Posted by Stophel
Home is where your LGS is....everybody knows that.
Yep, closest, cheapest ffl is my choice. Figured it was everybody's
Why is your friend out of his state?

There may be a way out if he has a residence in 2 states.

Bruce
It’s legal for you to take possession of a handgun shipped to a FFL in your state of residence no matter where it is shipped from or by whom. Your home state FFL is the one doing the required checks.

Edit: Not “you” personally but anyone. A handgun may not be obtained outside your state of residence.
Well gooooolly, I thought the ban on out of state purchases applied to all guns, not just handguns.

Prob’ly saved some money over the years.
I buy them wherever I want.......
I bought a revolver new when I was in the service at Ft Lewis WA. It was sold through the post PX, but had it been an off post FFL Holder, I wouldn’t have been able to do so without changing my legal residence from PA to WA. Come to think of it, if I were caught by law enforcement carrying it, I might get in trouble, maybe even lose possession.
Same way now, with my handguns, for me to legally possess even an heirloom, it must be done through an FFL.
They won’t admit to it, but it is in fact a backdoor registration process. The state tracks them, and no doubt the feds as well.
Were I to die, the handguns I own would have to be transferred to Ben through an FFL, even if he were a resident of PA.
Now take note.
In most states, private sales of long guns, rifles, shotguns, even deadly defense rifles with box magazines and evil stuff like a pistol grip and a semi automatic action are able to be legally sold between friends and neighbors, even across state lines.
This is called a private sale of property. Just like selling a TV or a microwave.
The state, and therefore the feds, cannot track these guns.
There’s no such thing as “the gunshow loophole”. That term was made up by politicians who want to limit your right to defend yourself and your family from them.
Keep this in mind when you hear that term.
Anything going through a licensed dealer can be, and most definitely is, being tracked.
7mm
Unless you are Active Duty Military and you have a letter from your Command, handguns must be purchased in the state that issued you an ID
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Is this your way of bragging you have an ffl?
Originally Posted by Cowboybart
Unless you are Active Duty Military and you have a letter from your Command, handguns must be purchased in the state that issued you an ID

Oh boy how long ago was this… now days you just use your PCs orders..
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Well gooooolly, I thought the ban on out of state purchases applied to all guns, not just handguns.

It’s legal to buy long arms outside your state of residence from a FFL, not an individual. I’ve done that no problem.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I have bought long guns in Augusta, GA no problem ... Cabela's there. But you cannot buy a pistol out of state, and take possession of it on the spot, unless you arrange to have it shipped back to your FFL in your state where you may go through the process and take possession of it.
Thanks for the information.

We were unaware handguns were under different rules than long guns.
Do you consider that an "infringement" or in modern day parlance, "discrimination"?

Every handgun knows its a lower class of firearm; no buttstock and a short barrel. The sociological and culturally oppressed class and race of firearm responsible for a large percentage of crime despite being a minority compared to long guns....because the Constitution is biased against the handgun.
Not only is it infringement but it’s most definitely another example of privilege and the aggression of white privileged men because they are denying my firearms the chance to choose what they identify as….this aggressive white male dominated type of thought must be confronted and our personal firearms demand their own voice. Some days my Sako identifies as a handgun and other days my Glock thinks he’s bigger than he is. My shotguns however are secure in the knowledge of who they are and what they’re purpose in life is, as such they’re quite content albeit a little simple-minded. 😁
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Is this your way of bragging you have an ffl?
Aye, you got me.
If it is a NATIONAL background check (NICS)- why can't you buy anything across state lines???
Originally Posted by Cowboybart
If it is a NATIONAL background check (NICS)- why can't you buy anything across state lines???

That's actually a fair point.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
As far as plants go this guy is a mongoloid.

Yep.

Last week he was dropping this bait:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17497664/is-it-legal#Post17497664

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck...

Get a clue.

This site does not advocate violating any federal firearms laws.
© 24hourcampfire