Home
Posted By: Fenton I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/14/22
So I’m sitting on a river’s edge at a family reunion. Just about everyone I look at is tattooed. Most I see I can’t read or are a picture of something I cannot figure out what I’m looking at. Some I can figure out are a picture of the stupidest things.
I just don’t get it.
Don’t get a tattoo where a judge can see it.
Originally Posted by Fenton
So I’m sitting on a river’s edge at a family reunion. Just about everyone I look at is tattooed. Most I see I can’t read or are a picture of something I cannot figure out what I’m looking at. Some I can figure out are a picture of the stupidest things.
I just don’t get it.

were they all Sailors ?

Sailors get tat's

I've got better things to do with my $$$
If the good Lord would have meant for me to have tattoos, he would have made me a Billboard Sign instead of a human being.
Tattoo's years ago were meant to make a statement. Now everyone has them and it is mainstream. If I want to make a statement while disfiguring my body I am going to do something original like use a soldering iron or something.
I don’t understand them at all - and yet am continually amazed at the number of people that have them. And like you said most of them don’t have any meaning that I can figure out

Do what you’d like to your own body but I also wonder what most people think about their tattoos when they are old
Tatoo regret when they start aging, Removing them is no walk in the park not that I would know about it.
Each to their own.

With all of our freedom and liberty at stake and under attack these days, if someone wants tattoos, I'm sure not gonna disagree with their choice.

It's their body. They can do as they please.

Now if the govt mandated that I get one, we'd have a problem.
when I was in the USARMY I went to the tattoo parole many times with platoon members, but never got one myself
I see 70 year old women now with tattoos... holy crap.

I do not recognize the world around me anymore.
Got a few when I was young, but they can't be seen unless I go shirtless. If I could do it over I'd never have gotten any. Feels like somebody running a sewing machine over the same spot for an hour, and I actually paid for this. Pretty foolish to me now
I don't get it either. My Dad had a tattoo on his arm of the ship he was stationed on during WW2, as Dad aged the battleship turned into a canoe looking thing.
the ones that catch my eye are

50# over weight women

green hair & daisy dukes & flip flops

drive a POS car...oh but yea...fuggin' IPhone 14 in their ear

prob talking to the tat artist about the next one

1-2 kids that need attention & clean clothes & tooth brush

WTF are with people ?

pic.........get fuggin real

So.....what does an average tat cost ?

As a doctor friend of mine said when the tat craze had started “Lots of these girls getting a butterfly tattooed on their butt at 20 are going to have Big Bird at 60”.
They get them so you will notice the tattoo rather than their shortcomings. Its a distraction.
Tattoos are as foreign to me as body piercings...they beg the question, why? That said, I saw one many years ago, before they became a popular 'thing'. This 60-ish able bodied seaman/ rigger had a full rigged Pacific lumber steam schooner on his chest, the Wapama later re-named the Tongass...'twas a thing of history and executed flawlessly. Like a lot of wire rope riggers, he had the upper body musculature of a champion weightlifter and the tattoo that just hollered, 'been there, done that'. He claimed to have served his apprenticeship aboard her on the Alaska run during the depression.
Originally Posted by tylerw02
They get them so you will notice the tattoo rather than their shortcomings. Its a distraction.

Your covtard ass must be covered with them!

Hahaha!
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Each to their own.

With all of our freedom and liberty at stake and under attack these days, if someone wants tattoos, I'm sure not gonna disagree with their choice.

I am sure I have spent more on guns than most spend on tattoos.

No skin off my nose.
I don't see the fascination with them, but to each their own. I will say that I have to shake my head at the people who I see asking for advice on what to get for their next tattoo as if it's as casual a thing as choosing between fast food restaurants for supper.
Just think, everything you had to pay to see at a sideshow when I was a kid, can now be seen for free at Walmart.
You know, when I was young I’d see guys with a simple USMC on their shoulder. I’ve got no problem with that at all. They should be proud of that service and I am totally supportive of that.
But these days with the excessive meaningless tattoos and piercings, I just figure they must be dumbshits to make poor decisions like that.
Some people have so much hardware hanging from their face, it looks like they fell face first into a tackle box.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Hahaha!

Do you tattoo your victims all over your body?

Hahaha!

Got some shortcomings eh?

Shocker.

Hahaha!

Shocker.

Absolutely zero tattoos, you dirty cho mo.
this

WTF over ?

Originally Posted by 160user
Tattoo's years ago were meant to make a statement. Now everyone has them and it is mainstream. If I want to make a statement while disfiguring my body I am going to do something original like use a soldering iron or something.

Bandwagon fans and wanna be most of the youth today wanna be somebody instead of becoming somebody so they plaster tattoos
Just like all the fans of the leading teams in sports most cuss them then when they are in first place all of a sudden are the lifelong fans
Don’t have any, two of my children do. Dumasses
Back in my misspent youth, in the late 60's, early 70's, only sailors, truck drivers and bikers were tattooed.
A woman with a tat was real trash and presumed an "easy mark"!
As I began working sone hundreds to thousands of miles away from my hometown. I decided I would get a tattoo on the back of my left shoulder.
Name and hometown.
If something should happen to me, at least they'd know where to start looking.
That was over 50 years ago and I still don't have a tat.

Randy came to work one day, smearing antibiotic cream on his new "artwork". He informed me he designed the nondescript scrolling and it cost him $300.
Later that week, Randy got fired for theft. Seems he walked by and grabbed a can out of the "bent can" dumpster to eat. He was too broke to "buy" dinner.

I'm disrespectful of my body bad enough as it is. I'm gonna have a hard enough time getting by Saint Peter at the Gate! I don't need tats to give him another reason!
Both my kids are covered with them! 😖
There are some great ideas out there with the rancher in mind.

[Linked Image from tattooeasily.com]
[Linked Image from nextluxury.com][Linked Image from nextluxury.com][Linked Image from i.pinimg.com][Linked Image from nextluxury.com][Linked Image from tattooimages.biz][Linked Image from tattoos.ai]
A skinny girl get a hummingbird tattooed on her stomach. 15 years and 4 kids later, she's pushing 200lb and the bird looks like a pterodactyl.

I've never yet seen a woman who's looks were improved by a tattoo.
Back in 1970-71 while in the service I came REAL close to getting a small "USMC" tat on my upper arm. On a number of occasions and I was intoxicated every time. But I grew up surrounded by WW2 & Korea veterans and lots of them had tattoos. By the 1960's when I was a teen they were sick of them and regretted getting them. One common response was, "F*#k that; I was so damn drunk!". Or my dad's buddy when I told him his tattoo was neat when I was about 10 years old circa 1960. His response was, " Yeah, I thought it was neat, too. Back in 1943, but now I'm so damn sick of looking at it". So at age 20-21 I'm drunk and gonna get my tattoo and all I could think of was all those guys and their regrets. That's why I never got one. What I find amazing was that my dad was a U.S. Navy WW2 combat vet and he never got one. Seems like all the WW2 sailors had them.
Been a rough road keeping my hide in 1 piece for 67 years. Fug it up on purpose? You gotta be sh*ting me...mb
It ain't art it's stupidity.
For work, I spend a lot of time in downtown Phoenix. There is a huge homeless encampment there. Guessing 1,000 people.

I would say 60-70% of them have tattoos that you can easily see.

Many of the homeless look large and don’t look like they have missed too many meals.
I have recently seen some homeless beggars. Funny, but most of them did have tats. They should all get a big tattoo that says "LOSER".
My BIL was in the Navy for eight years. Went to Korea and all over that region. He had tats on his legs reminding him of all the places he had went. Said he wished he'd never got them.
I never saw an attractive girl or woman who was more attractive with tattoos or fishing tackle hanging from her face.
I have both arms from elbow to shoulder full sleeve, 2 on my chest and 1 on my stomach do I regret it no some people like them some don't.
I do think they ought to make not getting new tattoos while on welfare.

If you got money for tattoos or drugs either one, then you don't need our tax dollars.

I know. Dreamin'...
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Back in 1970-71 while in the service I came REAL close to getting a small "USMC" tat on my upper arm. On a number of occasions and I was intoxicated every time. But I grew up surrounded by WW2 & Korea veterans and lots of them had tattoos. By the 1960's when I was a teen they were sick of them and regretted getting them. One common response was, "F*#k that; I was so damn drunk!". Or my dad's buddy when I told him his tattoo was neat when I was about 10 years old circa 1960. His response was, " Yeah, I thought it was neat, too. Back in 1943, but now I'm so damn sick of looking at it". So at age 20-21 I'm drunk and gonna get my tattoo and all I could think of was all those guys and their regrets. That's why I never got one. What I find amazing was that my dad was a U.S. Navy WW2 combat vet and he never got one. Seems like all the WW2 sailors had them.
My sailor dad didn't and he never regretted it. I had a friend who got a skull smoking a cigar on his forearm. I only saw it once when he was changing shirts. He always wore long sleeves to hide it.
Tat's

fuggin waste of money that generation does not have

pay your mortgage/rent

car payment

buy food & clothes for your kids

how hard is that ?
Sailors........

Tat's

OK.........

in 1972 & on

kids ..........not
I think everyone has a right to do about anything they want to themselves as long as it doesn’t affect me and I’m not paying for it. That said, I have no tats. I flirted with the idea when I was a 21 year old sailor. Glad I never did. The idea of getting a cartoon permanently inked into my skin has seemed dumber and dumber as time has passed. In my opinion they just make a person look stupid and, the more effort that goes into them, the more stupid they make a person look.
Originally Posted by Jericho
when I was in the USARMY I went to the tattoo parole many times with platoon members, but never got one myself
That's interesting, tell us more please.
The worse ones are the jailhouse tats.......the ones that are on the head and neck, and identify the person as a druggie. Looks like chit. No, chit doesn't look that bad.
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Back in my misspent youth, in the late 60's, early 70's, only sailors, truck drivers and bikers were tattooed.
A woman with a tat was real trash and presumed an "easy mark"!
As I began working sone hundreds to thousands of miles away from my hometown. I decided I would get a tattoo on the back of my left shoulder.
Name and hometown.
If something should happen to me, at least they'd know where to start looking.
That was over 50 years ago and I still don't have a tat.

Randy came to work one day, smearing antibiotic cream on his new "artwork". He informed me he designed the nondescript scrolling and it cost him $300.
Later that week, Randy got fired for theft. Seems he walked by and grabbed a can out of the "bent can" dumpster to eat. He was too broke to "buy" dinner.

I'm disrespectful of my body bad enough as it is. I'm gonna have a hard enough time getting by Saint Peter at the Gate! I don't need tats to give him another reason!
Both my kids are covered with them! 😖
Yea, cuz Saint Peter don't like none of them fancy Tatoo's. Fuggin Retard
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The worse ones are the jailhouse tats.......the ones that are on the head and neck, and identify the person as a druggie. Looks like chit. No, chit doesn't look that bad.
Oh yea, tell us more about those jailhouse tatoos please gramps
The old guy tattoo bitch thread is never not funny every 3 months when it comes up.
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
The old guy tattoo bitch thread is never not funny every 3 months when it comes up.
Yup, Where's Slum when you need him?
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Don't need to tell you anything.......one look is all you need.
Every time I see a young gal with a stud in her nose, I want to hand her a tissue. Looks more like a missed booger than jewelry. It adds nothing attractive to a pretty face.

For sure. wink
Originally Posted by Jericho
That's interesting, tell us more please.

Unlike Jericho, I've got a number of Army tattoos on my shoulders. Mostly different unit insignias which I served in in Iraq. Pretty common then, probably now too.

Don't need to tell you anything.......one look is all you need.
Oh but PLEEEEAAASE tell us more, We're sitting on our hands.

How many ex inmates do you know? Those ones with the jailhouse tattoos I mean
I can dig tats on a hot chick.

I'm out if on the neck or face.
Posted By: mart Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/15/22
I wanted to get a tattoo when I was in the Army because a lot of the guys were getting them. I decided since I didn’t have a girlfriend I’d get a heart with MOM on my bicep.

Being a bit of a coward, I knew I’d have to get well liquored up to go through with it. So I began pounding down the booze. A half a wine cooler later I was sufficiently emboldened with liquid courage. The tattoo artist looked at my skinny arm and said he might be able to fit MO on there if he made it small. By that time the powerful effects of the bottled bravery began to wear off and wisdom returned. I left uninked.
Laughing at all the sanctimonious blathering.
Haha

It’s about that time

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Higginez

I'm not into Tats on a chick but my nephew's wife has tats all over (not face or neck) and she's pretty hot, kinda changed how I think.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Laughing at all the sanctimonious blathering.
Those you don't have on ignore anyway, amiright
Originally Posted by slumlord
Haha

It’s about that time

LMAO
I see all these clowns (especially women) and wonder, do they know how fing stupid they'll look at 50+ yrs old.
A buddy of mine was griping to me about his step daughter and her husband coming over to his house when he wasn't there every two to three weeks and asking his wife for money... because, the kids needed this... or the kids needed that.... the car broke down... LP tank needed filling and it took all the grocery money to do it... You know... the thing...

So he is telling me this.... and he mentions that, when he dose see them... it seems like they are always showing off a new tattoo almost every other time they stop over.... So he askes me... do you have any of these tattoos ? I say hell no... I aint got no money for that kind of thing...

the conversation goes quite....

a few minutes later... after staring off into the distance for a while he askes... "How much dose it cost for a tattoo ?" I reply... knowing full well... I just started a battle royal in his house once he gets home.... " I really don't know... I don't know at all.... but I'm sure you don't get in and out of one of those places for less than $300-$400.... "

Not a word was spoken after that.... he didn't have to say anything. I knew it wasn't gonna be a warm Christmas at his house after that...
And they all have deep spiritual meaning.....
Posted By: EdM Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/15/22
Each to their own.

Sums it up for me pretty well.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I see all these clowns (especially women) and wonder, do they know how fing stupid they'll look at 50+ yrs old.

Just guessing. Some people could give a [bleep] how stupid you think or anyone else thinks they look. Especially the older they get. The judgmental bs that goes on with tattoos blows my mind. Walk a mile in someone’s shoes before you go spouting how much better your opinion is. Tattoos may mean something to the person that has them not to the world around. Everyone has the right to be themselves regardless what your shallow brains think.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

I'm 61 and don't consider myself looking stupid with my tattoos I like them I have none below the elbow so lol I can hide them if I suspect I will be judged by them.
Originally Posted by mikieb
A buddy of mine was griping to me about his step daughter and her husband coming over to his house when he wasn't there every two to three weeks and asking his wife for money... because, the kids needed this... or the kids needed that.... the car broke down... LP tank needed filling and it took all the grocery money to do it... You know... the thing...

So he is telling me this.... and he mentions that, when he dose see them... it seems like they are always showing off a new tattoo almost every other time they stop over.... So he askes me... do you have any of these tattoos ? I say hell no... I aint got no money for that kind of thing...

a few minutes later... after staring off into the distance for a while he askes... "How much dose it cost for a tattoo ?" I reply... knowing full well... I just started a battle royal in his house once he gets home.... " I really don't know... I don't know at all.... but I'm sure you don't get in and out of one of those places for less than $300-$400.... "

Not a word was spoken after that.... he didn't have to say anything. I knew it wasn't gonna be a warm Christmas at his house after that...
Does is spelled "does"
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Every time I see a young gal with a stud in her nose, I want to hand her a tissue. Looks more like a missed booger than jewelry. It adds nothing attractive to a pretty face.

I've had that run through my mind.
Went to a rodeo concession stand.
Cute chick had tongue, lip, nose and eyebrow studs and rings.
I ordered a Frito pie and asked her to be sure and strain the chili really good.
She gave me a puzzled look and asked, "Why?".
"I really don't want any if those wires and things getting hung up in my lips."
She threw the Fritos down and refused to serve me. The manager stepped in and completed the transaction. Sweet lady.

If they have that crap stuck in their face, it's because they want people to notice it! THEN....they want to get all pi$$ed when somebody doesn't say, "Ain't that cute!"
Both my kids know how I feel about tats....and they're both still covered!
The youngest did wait until wages afforded such trivial purchases.
The one on the oldest, I understand, but I still don't like it.
(son's name, birthdate and death date)
I asked the youngest about all the ink.
"Dad, if it wasn't for the job, I'd have blue hair, more tats and piercings." 😖
Maybe I'll be dead by then!
I asked my wife to get this one, she said, "No." frown

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Pass. There is nothing good about getting yourself tattooed.
^^^ Now that is cool Skeen!^^^
Complimenting a hot chick on her ink would be a lot easier than reading her poetry!
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Both my kids know how I feel about tats....and they're both still covered!

Maybe it's because you're such a dick
Seems to me a lot of peoples look like absolute crap after 50. Maybe the tattoos will distract from the ugly and wrinkles.

Not my skin not my business.
Each to their own.

Spot on.
I really couldn't care less if nor how many tattoos anyone has.

Personal observation, though, the popularity of tattoos like many other things are just another trend started back in the '80s with sports, entertainment industry and Hollywood celebrities getting them, copied by lesser 'wannabe' celebrities, then became a 'IN' thing for the general public.

Never ceases to amaze how much such celebrities can influence the general public...
Tattoos are pretty much as useless as the people that have them.

They make good aim points though.
Got a 36 yr old tat on my left arm .
Looks like hammered schitt....

Woke up one morning after a heavy night of drinking in Stuttgart.

3 of us got tats that night.
One and done for me.
BTDT....
I had my SGT stripes tattooed on my dick so I could still pull rank........
Didnt we just have a thread last week about some gal gettin her meat curtains inked up??

Oh yeah...

Alex zebra and heather Lynn.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

[Linked Image from yhstars.com]
Originally Posted by Fenton
I just don’t get it.
I used to work in a prison and I saw enough tats to last a lifetime. Not one did I want permanently on me. I hate them a woman with other wise perfect skin. Nothing that comes out of a needle can make a girl prettier than God did. Just my personal taste. Get them if you want.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Oh yeah...

They are attractive and sexy looking with those tattoos.
Didnt we just have a thread last week about some gal gettin her meat curtains inked up??

You know the rules, Rene says pics or it didn't happen.
How little self esteem must a girl have to get her pubic area tattoed ?
tats, nope.

scars have a story to be told. except for burn scars, thats a story i might not want to hear. gun shots, knife fight scars probably a good story.
Posted By: CRS Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/15/22
Love these threads every time they come up. Tattoos are a personal choice, plain and simple.

Realize I just got done working through my 31st Sturgis rally. I get to see lots of fresh ink. Some cool ones, and some not to my liking.

If someone judges me or anyone by whether there is ink on them, speaks volumes about the person judging.

Just like green / purple hair. These dumb broads think that nobody will notice theyre a category 3 death fat if they have brightly colored hair and tattoos all over.
"Show the world how unique you are by doing what everyone else is doing.”
Originally Posted by mikieb

Does is spelled "does"
ok, i got a public school education.... I'm doing the best I can with it....

I posted one in that thread
Bin did the Casper on it.
But I didnt get a Binogram from it.
👍👍👍🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😬😬😬👍👍
I had a very good friend who was a Navy SEAL and served in Vietnam, etc. I don't remember how it came up but once I mentioned I'd seen a number of pictures of Navy SEALs on the Internet and they all seemed to be sporting tattoos, many with the various SEAL emblems showing.

My friend said he had no tatts, but some of his teammates did. He then said that when they finished BUD/S Training, they were told by the instructors, "You may be thinking about going out now and getting some tatts. That's up to you, but, if you get even one tattoo that in any way identifies you as a SEAL, you will automatically be dropped from the Teams. Where you're going, the last thing you need is to be identified by the enemy as a SEAL."

My friend had no tatts, nor do I. I could not care less what other people do with their bodies and skin. As some have said previously, "To each his own."

L.W.
Why do you old bastards care what people spend their money on.

For a bunch of guys that preach freedoms y’all have a lot of restrictions for others.
Posted By: EdM Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/15/22
Originally Posted by tzone

For a bunch of guys that preach freedoms y’all have a lot of restrictions for others.

Bingo. Whiners the bunch of them.
I'm Not...
"Everybody has the right to do what they want, but you don't have the right to criticize ME!"
It must be a thing in the medical profession. In the last three years thanks to a bad car wreck, heart attack and now cancer with the chemocrap, I've spent some time in hospitals, X-ray labs chemo clinic, doctor's offices and God only knows what else. Seem that especially in the last year and a half, nurses have gotten tattoos like bon bons being sold at a fire sale. Some very pretty ones too. Probably most will be regretting it sometime down the road.
PJ

Originally Posted by EdM
Each to their own.

Sums it up for me pretty well.

And for me as well. 👍

Tattoos don’t make a beautiful girl more beautiful nor do they make an ugly girl pretty. Veterans, especially combat veterans, and tattoos are about the one situation where I understand the sentiments behind the ink.

I personally don’t have any nor does my wife or children. My wife said that her dad was adamant that she never get a tattoo. He was an easy going guy and according to my wife he didn’t have any hard rules or unreasonable expectations. My wife was a good student and an easy kid to raise so he never felt he needed to be overbearing. The one hard and fast rule that he had for his daughter was absolutely NO TATTOOS. It was really out of fashion for my father in law to be so anti-something like tattoos but he did NOT want his daughter to get a tattoo. He told her that if she defied his one rule and got a tattoo of any size anywhere that she would need to find her own place to live. Needless to say that my wife never got a tattoo, never wanted to get a tattoo. She loved her dad dearly and she told me that if that was something that really bothered him then it was an easy decision. When we were dating she got her belly button pierced. When she went to tell her dad and show him her piercing she set it up like she was going to reveal a tattoo. He almost had a heart attack but was so relieved that it was only a piercing.
Glad I opted out on tats.
Originally Posted by renegade50

I posted one in that thread
Bin did the Casper on it.
But I didnt get a Binogram from it.
👍👍👍🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😬😬😬👍👍

That’s cuz u in like Bin…my friend

👍👍🫵🏼
I want a big dick tatted on my forehead.

That'd be sweet.
People want to put "art" on themselves, art is always up for criticism.
I got two while I was in the Army, in a drunken stupor both times. Would I do it again? Probably not. However I saw a lady once with a butterfly tat that had a tigers face camoed in the butterfly. I thought that one was pretty cool.
I do not have any tats. To each his or her own. I have seen some very nice looking tats before. But most are UGLY. I do not think a very nice looking girl looks better with tats, just the opposite. So many people inked up. Tats every where with no clear meaning. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I believe they look better without tats. I just do not get it being covered with ink.
I've seen some really nice artwork, know a guy who was
an absolute artist.

I despise tattoos.
What people do that has no effect on others, doesn't concern me.
However, I like to try and understand things, tatoos make no sense.

A pile of money (I'm tight as heck)
It hurts,
I stays sore awhile,
You have to "doctor" it.
Possible infection risk.
And it's permanent.

But I've never understood the "Look at me" mentality.

Daughters know how I feel, they know that they can live here as long
as they want. Rent free, as long as they help out. If they have Tattoo
money, they can help with the bills.
I have recently seen some homeless beggars. Funny, but most of them did have tats. They should all get a big tattoo that says "LOSER".

grin
Originally Posted by CRS
Love these threads every time they come up. Tattoos are a personal choice, plain and simple.

Realize I just got done working through my 31st Sturgis rally. I get to see lots of fresh ink. Some cool ones, and some not to my liking.

If someone judges me or anyone by whether there is ink on them, speaks volumes about the person judging.

Just because a choice is "personal" (aren't they all?) doesn't mean it's good.

No one is restricting anyone's freedom; we're merely opining on the abject stupidity of some people's choices. Stop trying to restrict our freedom to do that!

Hahaha!

Shocker.

Absolutely zero tattoos, you dirty cho mo.
Is this what has someone wanting to fly to a Montana farm and get killed?

Oh yeah...

Hey look....whores....
This thread got me thinking about the subject of tattoo removal. I heard it can now be done with a laser, and it's expensive. Any truth to that? Just wondering if in the future some of these folks with tattoos would be able to get them removed if they regret getting it. Back in my younger days those things were on there for life unless you could get a skin graft, and that was so expensive it was out of the question for almost everyone. Maybe there's a future in the business of tattoo removal with a medical laser.
I met a guy one time that had owned a pretty cherished, for him, bass guitar. A friend accidentally dropped it and broke an ear off the head stock.

The guitar, having fallen out of favor because of the damage, no longer caused a sparkle in his eye so he decided to trade it. He determined that it would be best to trade it for a tattoo kit so that’s the route that he chose.

Very shortly after acquiring his new loot he began, without then benefit of practice on others, to tattoo himself. Now, I’m famously known within my home for uttering the phrase “I can build that”. Self tattooing would be a definite NO from my lips.

It would be pretty wonderful to report that the fella was a natural and had finally found his calling in life, but, alas, his artwork made prison tattoos look like the work of Rembrandt or a very sober Picasso.
Like most everyone else…….get a tattoo to show your individualism 🤔! memtb
Posted By: WAM Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/15/22
Tats are a form of permanent identification, good or bad. I think these days it’s a “hey, look at me” thing as much as anything. Hard to take anyone too seriously with a Betty Boop or Mickey Mouse tattoo. Everyone that I know personally who has a bunch of tattoos also has some excess baggage to deal with; at least they did when they got all tatted up. Your skin, your money; knock yourself out.
This thread got me thinking about the subject of tattoo removal. I heard it can now be done with a laser, and it's expensive. Any truth to that? Just wondering if in the future some of these folks with tattoos would be able to get them removed if they regret getting it. Back in my younger days those things were on there for life unless you could get a skin graft, and that was so expensive it was out of the question for almost everyone. Maybe there's a future in the business of tattoo removal with a medical laser.
Our daughter had a tat on the back of her neck. It was visible above a collar, enough to keep her out of the navy and coast guard. She finally had it removed. She said it hurt a LOT.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by CRS

Just because a choice is "personal" (aren't they all?) doesn't mean it's good.

Just because some of you don't get it.

I have a tattoo from many, many years ago. 30 plus to be exact. Have had it touched up a couple of times over the years. It has a very personal meaning and have no desire to have it removed.
Originally Posted by CRS

Exactly.
Originally Posted by skeen

That's bad ass.
Vanity.

Especially if you have tats!!
I have never seen a tattoo make an ugly woman look better, and I have seen beautiful women destroy their beauty with one
Originally Posted by Tarquin

No one is restricting anyone's freedom; we're merely opining on the abject stupidity of some people's choices. Stop trying to restrict our freedom to do that!

I didn't restrict any of your "freedoms."

You'd probably have more if you weren't acting like a self righteous prick.
Originally Posted by memtb
Like most everyone else…….get a tattoo to show your individualism 🤔! memtb

Or be like everyone and bitch about them. laugh
Everybody gets judged everyday... whether they like it or not...
When I see face and neck tatt's I form an opinion immediately and it's not good.
Posted By: dpd Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/15/22
https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...60718b72446d7ef6b70c3fc8&action=view
Originally Posted by irfubar
Everybody gets judged everyday... whether they like it or not...
When I see face and neck tatt's I form an opinion immediately and it's not good.

Me too. I guess my age and upbringing has something to do with it. Back in the day, "look at me, look at me" was not a thing.

Having said that, getting a tattoo doesn't change a person or what's on the inside. So maybe it's my loss.
Our oldest son is tatted up from his neck to the tips of his fingers, inside his palms as well.
Truly never understood his motivation other than when he was in is grade school years his bio dad would take him to tattoo parlors.
He actually went to tattoo school and did tats for a living. He was great at it.

His spouse is the same. They have an Instagram with 65K followers or so last time I visited it.

It is tough, as a father figure, to watch a good kid get judged. But he understand it completely. When we go eat as a family unit, many times the host makes an assumption they are not part of our tribe.
It's the other two kids, that have no tats at all, that are more defensive over them than they are for themselves.

to such is life, accepting people for who they are, and not be irrationally judgmental while still holding them accountable.
Posted By: CCCC Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/15/22
Originally Posted by CRS
Love these threads every time they come up. Tattoos are a personal choice, plain and simple. Realize I just got done working through my 31st Sturgis rally. I get to see lots of fresh ink. Some cool ones, and some not to my liking. If someone judges me or anyone by whether there is ink on them, speaks volumes about the person judging.
Yes - I am big on the search for personal freedom and the right to make choices that are best for the individual.

Regarding your reference to "speaks volumes" - yes, the volumes spoken are exactly about the fact that you are free to affect or deface your body in any way you wish, such as tats, piercings, alcohol, drugs, etc. - and I want zero control over any of that.

Conversely, others are free to form any opinion - or many opinions - about what you have done to your body and why you have done it - to form assessments and voice opinions about your actions. Personal freedom. Your body choices - fine - display those. My thinking choices - free to display.

Those are the volumes
It appears that those of us that “do not” disfigure our bodies with the art originally used by the heathens of the world, are in the minority…..not the majority!

Body art (tattoos, piercings, plates in the lips, ect.) were prohibited by God for the Children of Israel to help distinguish them from the heathens of the day! I don’t think that was rescinded! memtb
Originally Posted by shinbone
‘Show the world how unique you are by doing what everyone else is doing.”

Exactly. It is a fad. I don't have any tattoos for the same reason I never wore parachute pants or had a mullet cut.
Originally Posted by TnBigBore

Exactly. It is a fad. I don't have any tattoos for the same reason I never wore parachute pants or had a mullet cut.

Bell bottoms and silk disco shirts.... some fads don't age well.... tatt's are permanent for the most part, why set yourself up for regrets in the future?
Has anybody on this forum…especially those with a clear disdain for others who have a tattoo….“disfigured” their bodies by becoming really fat, even to the point of obesity…?

Bell bottoms and silk disco shirts.... some fads don't age well.... tatt's are permanent for the most part, why set yourself up for regrets in the future?

Many years ago I saw a young man with a large wolf tattoo on his back! Now, many years later, it looks like an old, mangy German Shepherd taking a dump! 😂

This was an exaggeration…..but, not by a hellofalot! memtb
Originally Posted by antlers
Has anybody on this forum…especially those with a clear disdain for others who have a tattoo….“disfigured” their bodies by becoming really fat, even to the point of obesity…?

I think that is the biggest reason people get tattoos. I was in a tattoo shop the other day and the guy said, “I want a tattoo because I don’t like fat people!”
No.
Body art was prohibited by God for the Children of Israel to help distinguish them from the heathens of the day! I don’t think that was rescinded!
You livin’ and abidin’ by ALL of those old covenant commands today…? Or are you just cherry-pickin’ the ones that appeal to you and your biases and beliefs…?

Obesity is reversible
ya know, one day when I was in the area, I walked over to our local food stamp and welfare office, and went inside.

This pretty, gal came over and asked me if I was there to file for food stamps. She was a little on the heavy side, but attractive and well endowed.

She had a stack of forms, and told me that they were there to help me fill out the forms to maximize my benefits under Oregon Law.

I told her No Thanks.. actually I am there looking for someone who called me and told me they needed a ride home, but I don't see them, so they must have gotten a ride home with someone else.

my final statement to her was " ya know, I think you and I are the only people in here that don't have tattoos on their body"...

she smiles, puts her forms down on the counter next to us... unbuttons two buttons off her blouse, and pulls it down revealing the top half of a pair of 44 DD breasts and says to me.. " No sir... just you.. are the only one in here who doesn't have tattoos"...

She sure showed me! But what the tattoos were on, sure was a nice picture....

I left thinking, if these people didn't have all those tattoos, and still had the money they spent on them..... they wouldn't need to be on Food Stamps..

of course being on Food Stamps from the state is what freed up their wallets to get the damn things...

once again, we tax paying public, are paying the bills for society's welfare bums...

Oregon tax payers, paid the cost for those tattoos in there.. directly or indirectly.....
Mainly, the tattoos I'm critical of are the 'home done' by wannabe tattoo artists.

Worked at a place for a short while that had one such wannabe tattoo artist who picked up the trade in prison and after being paroled did it on cheap from his home as a side job for extra cash.

He was just so-so okay as far as his artistic ability, only worked in one color -- black/blue -- and could only do outline tattoos. What I thought was especially scary was he still used a homemade prison tattoo gun and used over the counter rubbing alcohol to sterilize equipment with between customers because he didn't have a professional commercial autoclave.

Most of his customers were young both male and female folks from work. They'd all pile up at his house trailer on Friday evening, stay drunk and high on drugs all weekend and show up to work on Monday hungover and with at least one or two new tattoos done by the prison artist tattooer.

Every pay day they'd repeat -- pickup paycheck early, buy booze or drugs or both, order in pizzas at work, head out to prison tattooists place after work, show up at work Monday, broke by Wednesday (at the latest) and start bumming cigarettes, drink money and gas money until next payday.

I've often wondered how many wound up contracting some blood-borne disease from getting tattoos on the cheap from him.
One of my friend's sisters has a tatoo that winds around her whole upper body. It is a vine that comes out of her vaginal area, winds around her body several time, splits multiple times, and ends up encircling each of her breasts. I've only seen pictures of her tats, she was in a 2-piece bathing suit, and it is certainly eye catching.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
One of my friend's sisters has a tatoo that winds around her whole upper body. It is a vine that comes out of her vaginal area, winds around her body several time, splits multiple times, and ends up encircling each of her breasts. I've only seen pictures of her tats, she was in a 2-piece bathing suit, and it is certainly eye catching.

Did you ever offer to fertilize her vine?
I have the phrase “The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed” on my right bicep. I really don’t care what people think about my decision to get a tattoo. I pretty passionate about the phrase and my rights.
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
I have the phrase “The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed” on my right bicep. I really don’t care what people think about my decision to get a tattoo. I pretty passionate about the phrase and my rights.

If it was across your forehead... I could see people making a judgment

Liking food a little too much is a weakness, but I don't think it is the same as following a fad.
Liking food a little too much is a weakness, but I don't think it is the same as following a fad.
Is the end result not the same…? The end result (“disfigured”), in both cases, is due to choices that were made by that person.
Is the end result not the same…? The end result (“disfigured”), in both cases, is due to choices that were made by that person.

Both conditions could be the result of mental imbalances....

A "fad"?

Ötzi, the 5,300-year-old mummy discovered in a glacier in 1991, had 61 Tattoos. wink
I'm no expert on the subject, but I expect a lot of tattoos are the result of peer pressure.
Originally Posted by gwrench
I'm no expert on the subject, but I expect a lot of tattoos are the result of peer pressure.

Nothing says "individuality" like peer pressure... wink
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A skinny girl get a hummingbird tattooed on her stomach. 15 years and 4 kids later, she's pushing 200lb and the bird looks like a pterodactyl.

I've never yet seen a woman who's looks were improved by a tattoo.

This.
Aren't other types of self-mutilation, such as cutting, considered to be an outward manifestation of mental illness? I've collected enough scars and scrapes by accident in 7+ decades that I've never considered the idea of doing it on purpose. "Different strokes- - - -etc."!
I knew a teenager who got a tat, got his nose pierced, dyed his hair purple, and then was griping cause no one would hire him. He didn't think it was "fair" because people were judging him.

Boy, did he have a lot to learn.

Obesity is reversible

So are tattoos.

A "fad"?

Ötzi, the 5,300-year-old mummy discovered in a glacier in 1991, had 61 Tattoos. wink

No kidding, tattoos have been around for a very long time.

It appears that those of us that “do not” disfigure our bodies with the art originally used by the heathens of the world, are in the minority…..not the majority!

Body art (tattoos, piercings, plates in the lips, ect.) were prohibited by God for the Children of Israel to help distinguish them from the heathens of the day! I don’t think that was rescinded! memtb

What does that make people who get religious meaning tattoos? smirk

Religion may be a factor in some getting, or not getting tattoos, but the heathen ship sailed a very long time ago.
I'm going to get a tattoo to show my individuality
LMAO

Nose rings are pretty gross.

Did you ever offer to fertilize her vine?

I've never met her, just seen the pictures.
I knew a teenager who got a tat, got his nose pierced, dyed his hair purple, and then was griping cause no one would hire him. He didn't think it was "fair" because people were judging him.

When I had the convenience stores, I had a young woman come in for a job interview wearing a see-through blouse and no bra. It left nothing to the imagination and when I told her that we had a dress code, she said that it didn't apply to her because she was a minority. For any number of reasons she wasn't invited back for a second interview.
Posted By: Pugs Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/15/22
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

At least they may serve a purpose. grin

Originally Posted by gwrench

Nothing says "individuality" like peer pressure... wink

grin Perfectly said...
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Nose rings are used on hogs.
I once met a guy who had "JULIE" tatooed in large letters on his forearm. What a dumbass. What happens when he beaks up with Julie? Also, the thing was already fading and blurring.
Originally Posted by Riverc

Oh yeah...

They are attractive and sexy looking with those tattoos.

To each his own.

To me they look like they've got leprosy or some kind of mold growth. Maybe burn victims.
As long as the piece is artistic I like them. I have a large Celtic cross on one arm and a viking shield with a bearded axe and sword crossed behind it on the other arm this one was done by a portrait artist with a graphic design degree in Dublin. I didn't get a tattoo till I was 60. I personally prefer just dark ink no colors. Both have meaning to me.
Yuk stds anyone

When I had the convenience stores, I had a young woman come in for a job interview wearing a see-through blouse and no bra. It left nothing to the imagination and when I told her that we had a dress code, she said that it didn't apply to her because she was a minority. For any number of reasons she wasn't invited back for a second interview.

She was ugly, eh?

A "fad"?

Man buns and discs in earlobes are not exactly new on the world stage, but they are new here and they are fads in our culture. Some fads stick around and become mainstream like blue jeans and baseball caps. Tattoos may be the same. We will know after another couple of decades.
Remember when old chaps used to wear a shirt and tie while baling hay or lynching a colort boy?

Now we got these durn ne'er-do-wells in their tie dye and patchouli oil. Running that thing up in Utah goin round and round.

Speaking of tattoos always reminds me of the old rock song.
"Sometimes you can't hear them,
Sometimes you can
Is that a woman or a man?
It always seems you're outnumbered,
You don't dare make a stand"

Or something to that effect.

I always think, It's a personal choice. The sap writing the song can go through life with a chip on his shoulder, wallowing in his self pity. Or he can get a hair cut and join productive society.

Tis analogous to some tattooed folks.

Ha, ha, Antman for the win !!!!

grin

Obesity is reversible

Unfortunately, not for most !
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I once met a guy who had "JULIE" tatooed in large letters on his forearm. What a dumbass. What happens when he beaks up with Julie? Also, the thing was already fading and blurring.
........ I have seen those guys with a girl's name tattooed on their arm when I was in the service. Was that a southern thing in the latter 1960's? Because that's where they were from. Not knocking them because they were good guys, but if anyone asked about that girl name on his arm, the usual answer was, "that bitch dumped me last year", or something similar.

She was ugly, eh?

Couldn't make change right 50% of the time, even though the cash register showed the cashier how much change the customer was due. Making change was a huge hurdle for a lot of young people and kept quite a few from being hired.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
........ I have seen those guys with a girl's name tattooed on their arm when I was in the service. Was that a southern thing in the latter 1960's? Because that's where they were from. Not knocking them because they were good guys, but if anyone asked about that girl name on his arm, the usual answer was, "that bitch dumped me last year", or something similar.

When I was waiting for my first tat, the guy that was sitting in the chair had ribbon of some sorts tatted on his chest with his girlfriend's name in it, anyway he said that when he showed her the tat, she dumped him and he was there getting her name inked over in the ribbon.
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I want a big dick tatted on my forehead.

That'd be sweet.
Tman,

you never disappoint!
Had a server in a chain restaurant that had tats on every inch of skin visible. She also had a nose ring and disc in her ear lobes the size of poker chips.I told her one day that the only way to fix those ears was with a meat cleaver! I don’t think she understood!
I have “WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE” on my cock in large letters.
Body art was prohibited by God for the Children of Israel to help distinguish them from the heathens of the day! I don’t think that was rescinded!
You livin’ and abidin’ by ALL of those old covenant commands today…? Or are you just cherry-pickin’ the ones that appeal to you and your biases and beliefs…?
Like something about not cutting one's forelocks?
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

I never understood why so many people want tats these days. I don't care what they do on their own skin I'm just not sure what drives them to want to do it.

When I very first returned from an LDS mission in 94 another missionary friend who had returned home a bit before me picked me up and we drove to Phoenix together to go to a concert. It was Metallica, candle Box and suicidal tendencies at a big outdoor venue.

We were both still looking pretty clean cut and couldn't afford the rock lifestyle look. We noticed at the time how everybody there had all their cool things to make them standout but somehow they all looked the same. We were the ones that stood out, short hair, clean shaven, no leather and spike accessories, no tats.

We also talked to several cool people that pointed out we looked like we didn't quite fit in. We told them we just got home from missions and they said they were glad to see us there enjoying some music.

We realized that in a world full of grown ups who still act like they're in junior high trying to have the coolest accessories or look the toughest the only way to stand out any more is just to go with a clean cut old fashioned normal look.

I guess between that realization and my fears of commitment I've never really been interested in tats.

Bb
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I've seen some really nice artwork, know a guy who was
an absolute artist.

I despise tattoos.
What people do that has no effect on others, doesn't concern me.
However, I like to try and understand things, tatoos make no sense.

A pile of money (I'm tight as heck)
It hurts,
I stays sore awhile,
You have to "doctor" it.
Possible infection risk.
And it's permanent.

But I've never understood the "Look at me" mentality.

Daughters know how I feel, they know that they can live here as long
as they want. Rent free, as long as they help out. If they have Tattoo
money, they can help with the bills.
As long as they spend their $$ where you want it they are fine but if they buy something you don't like they have to start pitching in??

What else is on your "no can buy" list??
Originally Posted by tikkanut
the ones that catch my eye are

50# over weight women

green hair & daisy dukes & flip flops

drive a POS car...oh but yea...fuggin' IPhone 14 in their ear

prob talking to the tat artist about the next one

1-2 kids that need attention & clean clothes & tooth brush

WTF are with people ?

pic.........get fuggin real

So.....what does an average tat cost ?

Wife has about $3k in her right arm. Full sleeve, 5 or 6 sessions.

Has a stomach tattoo to cover scars from 5 abdominal surgeries, no clue what she paid for the one on her stomach.
The Wrath of Dad would befall any child of mine living under my roof coming home with a tattoo upon threat of the industrial sander.

Must've worked. To this day none of my 3 kids sport tats.
Like I said earlier…another adult is absolutely entitled to do as they please with their body and it’s none of my concern.

Along the lines of what Burleyboy was saying though my wife and I had a similar experience. We went to Vegas for a week this past winter and one night while walking out of one of the nice restaurants in the Hotel there was a crowded line of people that seemed to stretch on endlessly around the hotel. We noticed that they were all “old people”…realistically they were our age (49 & 51) and older because it was a HEART concert. 😂. When we realized that they were standing there for HEART we stood back and watched the crowd….old woman wearing their leather biker jackets and chains trying to dress like they did in high school 40 years ago but having tits that weren’t meant for the dress. Old guys were just as bad with the comb-over-mullet and acid washed jeans…I didn’t even know that you could get acid washed jeans anymore. 😂

It was fun to watch so many older couples desperately trying to relive their high school days again, even for one night, because they were all, almost to the person, dressed like half the kids that had lockers downstairs in my high school, the “Rockers”. 😂
I always liked tattoos (don't have any). They remind me of that old Jeff Foxworthy "Here's my sign.," thing.
They beat the fugg out of Kidney transplant scars.
Posted By: MAC Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/16/22
Spent 25 years in the USN and got a couple to remember some milestones: Crossing the equator and becoming a shellback, my first combat deployment, making CPO etc... But all of them can be covered by a short sleeved shirt and you cannot see them unless I take the shirt off. I have been teaching HS since I retired from active duty and not one co-worker or student even know I have them. For me it was a Navy thing and now that I am retired I will never get another.
[quote=MAC]Spent 25 years in the USN and got a couple to remember some milestones: Crossing the equator and becoming a shellback, my first combat deployment, making CPO etc... But all of them can be covered by a short sleeved shirt and you cannot see them unless I take the shirt off. I have been teaching HS since I retired from active duty and not one co-worker or student even know I have them. For me it was a Navy thing and now that I am retired I will never get another.[/quote

MAC,
Your situation is the type I’m comfortable with. Nothing to show, nothing to prove or draw attention to yourself. But if another vet catches a view of your tats, that must create an opportunity for you both to share a hello, both of you knowing the service you provided to those of us that did not have military service and sacrifice.
Wish I had served. Thanks for your service and more power to you and all our vets and active duty service members.
Knew a guy in the USARMY that got the MTV logo tattooed on his arm
Been either demo-ing a house or waaaaay back in north pasture all day . I absolutely dont give a flying phuque about anyones tats.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I absolutely don't give a flying phuque about anyones tats.
lol

Or what anyone watches on TV…?
Or how anyone drinks their whisky…?
Or how anyone cooks their steak…?
Or how anyone spends their money…?

What the hell’s wrong with you…? grin

lol some more
Posted By: EdM Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/16/22
lol

Or what anyone watches on TV…?
Or how anyone drinks their whisky…?
Or how anyone cooks their steak…?
Or how anyone spends their money…?

lol some more

Yes. Imagine the revenue loss Rick would have without those.
Checkmate, gentlemen! 👍
I am so damned unique already that people recognize me with no help at all. I especially like a clean slate on young ladies.

A short story from my USN days. Sailor in the bar sides up and bets me a beer "that I have your name tattooed on my arm." On his hand and wrist one can see things like Bob, Tom, Ray, etc. One takes on the bet and he rolls up his sleeve to reveal "Your Name" in nice sharp letters. As long as new troops moved in, I suspect he never paid for his own beer.
I started tattooing as a hobby in 2010 and picked it up pretty quick. Needless.to say I have quite a few but mostly sporadically places on my arms, no sleeves. My now deceased wife had a bunch that I had done on her and looked sexy as hell. In saying that, neither of us had random crap. They all have either a story or a meaning pertaining to me as did hers. I look at life a little different than most folks. We live in a universe that's existed for 13.8 billion years and we are lucky to get 70 or 80. Schitt just doesn't matter and one day when I'm laying on my deathbed looking back on my life there's a bunch of stuff that I won't give a damn about, like how often I cut my grass to impress the neighbors or the ink in my skin. I'll have lived my stint.
Posted By: CRS Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/16/22
Checkmate, gentlemen! 👍

lol

Or what anyone watches on TV…? Whatever is on, if I don't like it. Change the channel. I had to watch Buzz Lightyear last night!
Or how anyone drinks their whisky…? However I like it! Neat, ice, water, soured, old fashioned, coke etc....But if your are buying... however you want.
Or how anyone cooks their steak…? Medium Rare of course or you risk ruining it for my tastes. But if you are buying...however you want.
Or how anyone spends their money…? Whatever you want, it's your money.

lol some more

grin

Jesus if that is real it had to hurt. Pounding ink in right on top of her spinal column like that. Not much meat there.
When I see a beautiful woman, and she turns my head, it makes me smile. Look closer and see her exposed tattoos all over. Then I turn away, as she then appears to be a common streetwalker.
There’s tats and then there’s tats, less is better.

A good friend’s son died, him and his family all got the same tattoo he had on his wrist in memory of him, pretty cool.

An Injun extra in Dances With Wolves is always in full buckskin in that movie covering his arms because as a lifer in the Navy he had the name of every ship he served on listed on his arm. Pretty cool.

I see bunches of dumb tattoos on teens, but one local thug has the Virgen de Guadeloupe all down his back, Now that’s a cultural statement, and his last name in gothic letters below might help the Cops at some point.

Women with tattoos? Some are beautiful, some tattoos works of art. The women who have them are probly good in bed. But I do feel bad for them, they didn’t need them to be hot and few young women realize how hard keeping their good looks through life will be, the tats ain’t gonna make that easier.

Wish I had a nickel for everyone with a tat who regrets it, I’d be a wealthy man.
You know, one day when I was in the area, I walked over to our local food stamp and welfare office, and went inside.

This pretty, gal came over and asked me if I was there to file for food stamps. She was a little on the heavy side, but attractive and well endowed.

She had a stack of forms, and told me that they were there to help me fill out the forms to maximize my benefits under Oregon Law.

I told her No Thanks.. actually I am there looking for someone who called me and told me they needed a ride home, but I don't see them, so they must have gotten a ride home with someone else.

my final statement to her was " ya know, I think you and I are the only people in here that don't have tattoos on their body"...

she smiles, puts her forms down on the counter next to us... unbuttons two buttons off her blouse, and pulls it down revealing the top half of a pair of 44 DD breasts and says to me.. " No sir... just you.. are the only one in here who doesn't have tattoos"...

I left thinking, if these people didn't have all those tattoos, and still had the money they spent on them..... they wouldn't need to be on Food Stamps..

of course being on Food Stamps from the state is what freed up their wallets to get the damn things...

once again, we tax paying public, are paying the bills for society's welfare bums...

Oregon tax payers, paid the cost for those tattoos in there.. directly or indirectly.
A friend had some rabbits tattooed on his bald head...

They look like hares, from a distance.
Originally Posted by auk1124

Jesus if that is real it had to hurt. Pounding ink in right on top of her spinal column like that. Not much meat there.

A friend of mine has a brother who's a well known tat artist in the L A area.

My friend has an anatomically correct spinal column tattooed in blacks and greys down the center of his back.

It's pretty cool, and as I recall his bro did it for free.
Originally Posted by Seefire
You know, one day when I was in the area, I walked over to our local food stamp and welfare office, and went inside.

Oregon tax payers, paid the cost for those tattoos in there.. directly or indirectly.

I'll go out on a limb here: you've never put one foot in Oregon
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Seefire

I'll go out on a limb here: you've never put one foot in Oregon

yeah, guess I am blessed with a wannabe sockpuppet now...evidently some leftist looney toon...
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
There’s tats and then there’s tats, less is better.

A good friend’s son died, him and his family all got the same tattoo he had on his wrist in memory of him, pretty cool.

Eeeh, I dunnno, seems a little morbid to me. But, hey, each to their own and all.
I once dated a girl with a dolphin on her thigh , I figured in tie it would turn into a whale.
I had a female friend who had an nice tattoo in the tramp stamp location, above her rear end. It was her name, in a fancy font, with a bunch of vines and flowers around it. It went from hip to hip. It was something to look at "from behind". I noticed later that it read her name from the other angle too, looking from her head back toward her rear end... the font read the same right side up or upside down. Thought it was pretty neat.
Originally Posted by Oakster
I had a female friend who had an nice tattoo in the tramp stamp location, above her rear end. It was her name, in a fancy font, with a bunch of vines and flowers around it. It went from hip to hip. It was something to look at "from behind". I noticed later that it read her name from the other angle too, looking from her head back toward her rear end... the font read the same right side up or upside down. Thought it was pretty neat.

Maybe she wanted everyone to know her name when she was blowing and going.
There’s cooler things than tattoos.

I seen a Black Fraternity member one time with the letters branded into his arm.

Likewise I met an Indian in South Dakota with four pairs of knotted sundance scars on his chest.
Fellas get tattoos ta get in touch with their feminine side.

They get the tat where everbody can see it.

If someone reacts positive ta the ink, they's so happy, and they gotta tell ya a ten minute BS story bout the tat.

If someone reacts neg, they piss and moan it's nobody else's business.

Tattitude.
I saw a guy all tattooed in Walmart once. Neck and face and such.

He was all, "WTF you looking at MF'er?"

I told him, "Anything I want to. And if you're gonna put tatts on your face and expect nobody to look, you got another thing coming!"

I'm so bad ass he kept walking.

True story.

Kinda funny though right?
I think lotsa chicks bend over backwards for their tattoos.
Posted By: DMc Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/19/22

Originally Posted by Oakster

couldn't resist lol

Nope don't like them at all. Never had the urge to disfigure my body. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though. Look how popular the plates are for hanging the lips down to their waist in the "dark" continent. In the last 10 years alot of Hollywood and sports figures got them so all the wannabes got them too.
Originally Posted by DMc

Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by DMc

LOL laugh
Posted By: Teal Re: I’m curious about tattoo's. - 08/19/22
People with ink are the best to hire.

They can sit still for hours in immense pain which is basically like any/every corporate meeting I've ever been in. They got a tolerance for it.
Originally Posted by Teal
People with ink are the best to hire.

They can sit still for hours in immense pain which is basically like any/every corporate meeting I've ever been in. They got a tolerance for it.

LOL!

So true.

By the time the boss sets the HR lady loose on us for the latest stupid feel good training on how not to look at any coworker much less tell one of them what a dumbazz they are I was like a fresh caught bobcat trying to chew off a paw to escape.

I'm all done with that chit.
© 24hourcampfire