Home
went to Buds Lexington Ky store last week ,bought ammo ,they only ask for money .Went this week and they wanted to see ID to get ammo .They said it new Buds rule because SOME states you have to be a resident of that state to buy ammo ..KENTUCKY is NOT one of those .as far as i know surrounding states not either ,could be wrong about that .BUT I know California and other liberal states do this. This not a federal law .My problem is Buds is trying to force other states laws on Kentucky citizens, that Ky does not have .Yes i know i can take my bussnes to the other lexington gun stores ,And i will .California is nowhere close to Kentucky.If a company forces liberal anti-gun state laws in an actual store that is in a state that does not have those laws .Are you not slowly giving in to the anti gunners?long i know. it frustrates me ,because these very laws is why i will never live in california ,NY.NJ ect ,and Buds now want to force me do it anyway ?,If iam wrong let me know....Buds lost my ammo bussness ,maybe guns also
Then absolutely yes, quit buying from Bud's.

Go woke Go broke.

Walmart is now doing the same thing nationwide.
Seems like the problem would be solved by ammo retailers simply refusing to ship ammo to the gun grabber states.
So the upshot of it is, Commiefornia can impose laws on its residents that are binding wherever they go throughout the entire country. I'm surprised that Bud's would willingly cooperate with the fascists and marxists.
Academy checks my ID in KY for ammo. Something about being 21
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

That makes much more sense as an explanation. Sounds like the counter jockey at Buds was talking out his ass.
Counter folks make schidt up all the time
iam just shy of 60 . i dont think there is any question iam over 21
Originally Posted by rem shooter
iam just shy of 60 . i dont think there is any question iam over 21
People don’t wanna have to think anymore. Pure and simple
Illinois wont sell to a non resident anymore, at least Walmart and farm@ fleet. Both say its company policy.
Next time you go there, shop around, put some high value items in your cart/basket and walk up to the counter and ask for some ammo. When they demand to see some ID, tell them it’s not required and if they insist, leave your basket on the counter and walk out.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

That makes much more sense as an explanation. Sounds like the counter jockey at Buds was talking out his ass.
yea i asked if it was about age and they said no .there was 2 of them and both said this was new rule ,i raised hell with them .i will e-mail Buds managment and ask them if true i will tell them they lost me and will tell y'all on here
Maybe they don’t want mexicans or neegars buying ammo.

I would deny anyone with pink, blue, purple or green hair. Or one of those fish hook thingies in the nose
More than likely corporate policy. It shows you what kinda of scumbags are running the business....mb
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
More than likely corporate policy. It shows you what kinda of scumbags are running the business....mb
oh yes ... it was much ..much better when the actual Bud ran and owned the small store in Paris Ky years ago .before he sold it and it now a facles corperation
I bought ammo yesterday at Walmart. They just asked for my date of birth. I told the gal what is was and she keyed into the cash register.
Walmart????

Boy howdy, ain’t stepped foot in that hell hole since 19 and 73

Rick…we need a bolo tie emoji.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
More than likely corporate policy. It shows you what kinda of ATTORNEYS are running the business....mb

Fixed
Originally Posted by slumlord
Walmart????

Boy howdy, ain’t stepped foot in that hell hole since 19 and 73

Rick…we need a bolo tie emoji.

you and me both brotha.....

Ain’t been in there since...

[Linked Image from clickamericana.com]

Ain’t going to the self checking registers......
Originally Posted by SCRooster

Are you sure? I bought a box of 410 shells and some 22 shells last week in the Walmart here in Amarillo and I was never asked for ID. Maybe they are doing that in SC but they sure ain't in TX.
Walmart requires ID. Cheapest place to buy CCI so no big deal
The Buds-owned store near here ran me out a year or so ago because I refused to wear a mask. So, I have bought my very last gun from Bud's.
Bought a case of shotgun shells at Cabelas three days ago. All they asked me was cash or credit.
Originally Posted by MAC

Are you sure? I bought a box of 410 shells and some 22 shells last week in the Walmart here in Amarillo and I was never asked for ID. Maybe they are doing that in SC but they sure ain't in TX.
They will also punch in a bullschit date to advoid anymore interaction with a person in the real world than they have too.
The social recluse type...

Same with smokes.
Same with most other carded questions concerning age.
Alot of businesses across the spectrum

Buy some acetone at walmart for metal degreasing.
See what happens
Buy some mineral spirits at Walmart see what dont happen

The register prompts the moron employee to do a required act.

Some clerks ask
Some dont
At same bussiness

But a age date has to be entered to enable the transaction

When they are punching buttons and your bank card is in the reader
Or before they swipe your card on theirs.
They are punching 8 # buttons for a legal age date simple memorized to them in their simple minds.
Total bs.... someone sez I need ID they can kma.
Went to Rural King the other day, checkout lady asked to see driver's license. "Is it for the bullets?" I asked. No it's for the Carb Cleaner. Ha Ha.

I would deny anyone with pink, blue, purple or green hair. Or one of those fish hook thingies in the nose

A local co-op c-store started asking for ID to buy alcohol.

For everyone, old, young, whoever...

I asked a couple different clerks and they said it was a new policy aimed at preventing underage drinking....

Yeah right, let's card old ass people just to make sure....

I got to thinking and figure that they are trying to keep the place semi-cleaned up and are looking at ways to deter a certain local element.

And I don't mind. I'd rather not wait in line with methy drunks anyway!
At the Maverick gas stations here in Wyoming they scan your id for a can of chew.............
I would quit going to Buds and drive to West Louisville and buy from shortactionsmoker....
Originally Posted by SamOlson

A local co-op c-store started asking for ID to buy alcohol.

For everyone, old, young, whoever...

I asked a couple different clerks and they said it was a new policy aimed at preventing underage drinking....

Yeah right, let's card old ass people just to make sure....

I got to thinking and figure that they are trying to keep the place semi-cleaned up and are looking at ways to deter a certain local element.

And I don't mind. I'd rather not wait in line with methy drunks anyway!

Was that the place with the nudie-butt lady walking around?
When I buy wine or beer at the grocery store in VA or WV, I either have to show them my license or just tell them my birthdate. I’m 70, and the last time I was actually carded in earnest, I was 35. If they card anyone, they either have to or feel they have to card everyone to avoid being accused of discrimination. No one’s recording the sale (unless you use your Savings Card), and if they do, BFD.

On a related note, Midway’s site asks if you’re of age (sometimes, apparently) before they let you in because some states won’t let minors look at ammo.
A guy in high school started balding. He could buy beer every weekend .
The Wal-Mart stores here in Beaufort SC ask for id if you are buying pistol ammo. I asked for a box of 22 shells and she asked for my id,then she told me about all pistol ammo bullshit. I told her it was for a rifle and she said ok and didn't need my id.
I repeat . they dont care about your age . just want to know if you live in Kentucky .It is not a Kentucky requirement ,or law. Buds said places like California requierse it so they doing it because of them ,.i could see it if it was internet sales ,but this in store and Ky dont require it .why piss off your costumers for a state 2,500 miles away?
I'd trade the practice even up for voter ID.

Can't honestly say the last time I bought ammo at a retail location.
Originally Posted by HawkI
I'd trade the practice even up for voter ID.

Can't honestly say the last time I bought ammo at a retail location.
yea i i reload ,so i dont buy much factory ammo very often . but i dont for an sks , so this caught me off gaurd expetially when when i went twice in a 7 day period and got 2 differant experiances
No, that was the 24/7 station down the street.

Tall can central.

Fuel is 20 cents cheaper over there but all kinds of bums and various culture, I like it at certain times.

It's the wild west. People passed out 20-30' away from the pumps.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
No, that was the 24/7 station down the street.

Tall can central.

Fuel is 20 cents cheaper over there but all kinds of bums and various culture, I like it at certain times.

It's the wild west. People passed out 20-30' away from the pumps.

Rez Folks ???

Only place I ever got carded for Ammo or cigarettes back when I used to smoke was Walmart.
One more reason I don’t go there.
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Walmart requires ID. Cheapest place to buy CCI so no big deal

Not here.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
So the upshot of it is, Commiefornia can impose laws on its residents that are binding wherever they go throughout the entire country. I'm surprised that Bud's would willingly cooperate with the fascists and marxists.
Not to the best of my knowledge.

I can buy ammo in other states,

I just can't "import" it back here. Legally, that is.
Here if a clerk is below the age needed to purchase they need to scan an id
This brought back a memory from a very long time ago. 1961 as I recall. Had enlisted in the Air Force and near the end of basic we were given our first liberty into San Antonio. So me and a couple of buddies hit this bar and order beer. The other guys just a something like a beer please but I ordered b name. Forget what brand but let's just say Bud. The waitress comes out and I get handed a near beer. What in the hell is a near beer? Naturally I complain and am told most airmen aren't old enough to drink beer. Well, I enlisted late in life so was at the ripe old age of 22. Showed my ID and said, please, may I now gave beer.

It turned out to be a great day. IIRC, we had to be back by 1900 hours and we made it just under the wire arriving in a Ford convertible worth real live girls. Turns out we we were the only guys fortunate enough to pick up girls. Just got lucky I guess.Kind of made us heroes of the barracks for a day or two.
PJ
Keep in mind those individuals and businesses and corporations who facilitate the overreach of government, who enthusiastically enforce policies which have no basis in law. I'm not sure what their motive is, but they are the same type of people who eagerly collaborated with the Nazi's in Europe and Scandanavia during WW2, hoping to gain brownie points with the occupying authorities. And they should be treated as collaborators if the dust-up should ever happen. I actually detest the toadies and bootlickers worse than the overlords.
The whole only selling to residents of a state is nuts. What if you are on a hunting trip and need some ammo. Manly thinking waterfowle type hunts.

Heck they even sell u ammo in Canada.
It's been years since I've even been on the same street as Bud's. I liked their setup when they first opened in Lexington. They had good prices online and in store, LEO discounts, and a good range. I quit dealing with them when Center Target in London opened up an indoor range, and there are plenty of shops around that will meet or beat Bud's prices these days.

As for Kalifornia, they're trying to control the whole country through their standards. No large company wants to forgo business in that state, but at the same time it's too expensive for them to deal with competing standards. Automakers are going to make vehicles that only meet the PRK's standards. Pork producers are fighting in court to not have to meet their standards, but if they lose then I bet they'll meet their standards nationwide.
I repeat . they dont care about your age . just want to know if you live in Kentucky .It is not a Kentucky requirement ,or law. Buds said places like California requierse it so they doing it because of them ,.i could see it if it was internet sales ,but this in store and Ky dont require it .why piss off your costumers for a state 2,500 miles away?

Given their shared border, IL is more likely the culprit than CA.
No where to run to baby. nowhere to hide.

Coming soon to every retail store near you.
A Walmarks employee says they ID for all ammo even shot shells and rifle;it's corporate policy not local or state requirements. . They also card for compressed air too he says.
Originally Posted by blanket
Here if a clerk is below the age needed to purchase they need to scan an id
Supermarket chain around here won't allow employees under 21 to even sell alcohol. My 68 year old sister recently went up to the checkout with a 6 pack of beer. Had her ID all ready because they proof everyone. Clerk had to go get someone 21 or over to sell her the beer. I figured that's to help from underage employees selling beer to their underage friends.
Originally Posted by MAC

You were in the wrong Walmart in Texas because I was at the one in Midlands last November getting my license (yearly family deer hunt) and forgot I needed ammo (270) .... went back through after we got the pogey bait and damned if the gal didn't insist on seeing my sc driver's license and when I pointed to the guy who had just given me my hunting license and who had already seen my license then the gal said, sorry sir, we have to ask when you buy rifle ammo.

So it ain't just SC Brother. It's happenin' everywhere.

Happens in Michigan too. I'm in Michigan and Texas all the time ... it's happenin' everywhere with Walmart and I've been told it's company policy now. Some stores may not enforce it all the time but Walmart has issued the edict.

We've quit shopping there altogether .... not just the guns and ammo thing but they've gone woke, their chinese bull$#!+ sucks and if anyone eats Walmart meat they're killing themselves.
I got on Buds web page and sent them an E-Mail asking about all this Sunday night .they just said recieved your message and someone will get with you when they can.it is now 12.36 am Tuesday morning .have not recieved reply from Buds yet .Good thing there is other small gunstores in Lexington i can go to ,who dont ask for id for ammo, to see what state you live in
I got on Buds web page and sent them an E-Mail asking about all this Sunday night .they just said recieved your message and someone will get with you when they can.it is now 12.36 am Tuesday morning .have not recieved reply from Buds yet .Good thing there is other small gunstores in Lexington i can go to ,who dont ask for id for ammo, to see what state you live in
went to Buds Lexington Ky store last week ,bought ammo ,they only ask for money .Went this week and they wanted to see ID to get ammo .They said it new Buds rule because SOME states you have to be a resident of that state to buy ammo ..KENTUCKY is NOT one of those .as far as i know surrounding states not either ,could be wrong about that .BUT I know California and other liberal states do this. This not a federal law .My problem is Buds is trying to force other states laws on Kentucky citizens, that Ky does not have .Yes i know i can take my bussnes to the other lexington gun stores ,And i will .California is nowhere close to Kentucky.If a company forces liberal anti-gun state laws in an actual store that is in a state that does not have those laws .Are you not slowly giving in to the anti gunners?long i know. it frustrates me ,because these very laws is why i will never live in california ,NY.NJ ect ,and Buds now want to force me do it anyway ?,If iam wrong let me know....Buds lost my ammo bussness ,maybe guns also

I'd say the Feds under Biden's Orders are showing up and making demands, and making threats if the business does NOT comply...

The Communst democRATS have no concern of the Constitution and are just waiting to be able to abolish it...

They are also trying to get away with all the law making that they can get by with, before they get routed out of Congressional Control.
© 24hourcampfire