Home
Posted By: ltppowell 1978 - 08/25/22
Posted By: akrange Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Don’t make US pull out the Al Gore ..

We all know it’s a Plan by the International Marxist Cabal to defraud US of our God Given Rights and all of our Wealth ..

This point will be Driven Home this Winter when we see Merkle’s People Freezing to Death..

I see the Eco Nazi’s in the Fatherland are reducing Train Travel so they can Free Up the Tracks for those Large Coal Trains..
Some of the Longest ever Seen ..
Posted By: srwshooter Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
got married in 78
Posted By: MadMooner Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Logical.

😂
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
78 was a good year, made Chief that year.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
That's great. All the scientists agreed, we were in for an Ice Age. They said Global Cooling would kill us all.
Posted By: rem shooter Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
I remember that well in 78.and in W.Va we was having extra deep snows . That started on Thanksgiving day that,that you didnt see the ground till mid March , and it never got above 30 deg. all winter. good thing was i was in high school and lived in the country ,bus didnt make it a lot of times
Posted By: IZH27 Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
The great thing is that we, the survivors, are direct witnesses to world wide catastrophe. We survived it and saw the world bounce back.

We are in the position to tell the yung’uns that it ain’t that bad. “Don’t worry yung’uns! Y’all got this”!!
Posted By: renegade50 Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Was a freshman in high school in maine.
That winter was a good one..

Lotta die off of deer in wintering yards from yotes.
Which wasnt good.
Seen a pair of owls and ravens fighting to the death to kill.each other for food in the middle of the county rd.
Pretty vicious schit before they all flew away after about 5 mins.

Good snowmobiling, snow shoeing and cross country skiing for me. I was a skier back then.
Good rabbit snaring trails.
Excellent conditions for snowballing cars.
Sucked walking to school at times...

Bitch of a time shoveling the drive way.
Hated the city plow crew azzholes filling in the end of the driveway incessantly.

😄😄😄
Posted By: ol_mike Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Global warming is real, it's going to be 90* here today,, <<<THAT'S HOT
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
The good years are all behind us.....
Posted By: joken2 Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
After the winters of '77 & '78 several locals that fancied themselves as being 'entrepreneurial' hustlers thought they could get rich with the coming 'ice age' by selling snow machines and commercial snow plowing business and factory parking lots.

So certain they were, they bought up as much snow removal equipment as they could find and made multiple trips up north buying used snow machines by the truck load for resale down here.

Come winters of '79, '80, '81, etc., etc. etc., etc., back to our normal winter weather patterns, maybe even a little milder than our usual past winters, and very little snow accumulations.

Bunch of commercial snow removal equipment and used snow machines sat for years after with "FOR SALE" signs on them just rusting away.
Posted By: Jahrs Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
January of 77 it snowed all the way into Miami. First ever recorded snow there. I was hitching in west palm heading to NJ in a blizzard. What was I thinking.
Posted By: poboy Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
1978 - All I remember is having slightly higher than minimum wage
job and renting a house and paying all the bills. I was 25 and
life was good.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
I don't remember much of the '70s. 😉
Posted By: WiFowler Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
1978 - is that the year Jimmy "Peanut" Carter should have nuked Iran?
Posted By: rem shooter Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Originally Posted by WiFowler
close ,it was nov 79 when the eye-a-tolla took over the US embassy in Terhan, we in high school thought we was going to war ,USSR (Russia for you young'uns) invaded Afghanastan the next month in dec if i remember right , world was on fire
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Graduated HS in 78. Turned 18 the day I graduated. When you turned 18, we still had to go down to the PO and register for “Selective Service”.
Posted By: rainshot Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Scientists want grant money and to get it must conform to illogical ideas. First global Cooling, now Global Warming. The reasons remain the same. Money to prove we need more government control of our lives. power and money.
Even Rod Serling had an episode of the Twilight Zone about it. more science fiction.
Posted By: scrooster Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
'78 ... seems like yesterday. My junior year in college just before entering the service.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
As many times as these nut jobs have predicted global weather change and been proven wrong you would think they would lose their credibility. But people continue to buy into this crap. I am beginning to think it doesn't really have anything to do with climate change. Must be about power and money.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
In 1978 we didn't have school the entire month of January and most of February because of snow and frozen back roads. Still did drivers ed, they would pick me up by the main road and we'd go driving and managed to get my license on time.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
In 1978 we didn't have school the entire month of January and most of February because of snow and frozen back roads. Still did drivers ed, they would pick me up by the main road and we'd go driving and managed to get my license on time.

Did you do your school-work online?
Posted By: MERWIN Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
"Climate experts believe..." Hahaha
Gotta have something new to sell when the old crisis becomes passé.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Posted By: High_Noon Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
I've been looking for a '78 Ford 4x4 F250 Super Cab or King cab for quite a while.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Graduated high school that year.
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Originally Posted by WiFowler
close ,it was nov 79 when the eye-a-tolla took over the US embassy in Terhan, we in high school thought we was going to war ,USSR (Russia for you young'uns) invaded Afghanastan the next month in dec if i remember right , world was on fire
And those Khomeiniacs never got the spanking they deserved. It was interesting times for sure.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Long time ago.

I was born in ‘78.

😂🤣😂
Posted By: jnyork Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Retired from the Air Force in that year.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
The fall of 1978 started with freezing rain and finally ended in late April 1979. It was exceptionally cold and snowy. I had a Jeep CJ5 at the time and I didn't mind the snow but the soft top on that Jeep could leek some really cold air.

kwg
Posted By: CraigD Re: 1978 - 08/25/22
Got married! Still married to the same woman...
© 24hourcampfire