Home
I've seen video of a doe charging in to save a rabbit from a hawk attack because the rabbit cried in a similar tone to a fawn.

Crying baby sound works good on Coyotes. Rio7
Sounds just like a fawn distress call.
Originally Posted by RIO7

They will drive me right out of most buildings too.
I was deer hunting at my in-laws once when the kids were little. I just crossed a creek from the yard and was looking out over a field. In the background my 2 year old daughter and 3 year old nephew were playing outside being squealy kids, louder than I was hoping for.

I got a double on coyotes who were running in to check out the high pitched noises...which is terrifying to think of.
I remember a lad short on money couldn't afford a FoxPro type caller, someone told him to buy a $10 hand-call. He said he didn't know how to use one, >>make it sound like a baby crying.
Originally Posted by RIO7

Indeed that sound works.

Had a friend that used a recording to call coyotes. The other "Karens" that were aware of him doing that got VERY upset! LOL. Piss on 'em... No sense of humor.

I was talking with him about that, and laughing and just casually mentioned that I bet coyotes would come in to high pitch sounds of a woman... well, lets say in the middle of ecstasy... grin

Him, being the kind of guy he was created a sound file and I had it in my e-mail a couple of days later. Loaded it on my e-caller, and called in a coyote on the second stand with it. laugh
I have called in quite a few deer over the years while predator calling. There are lots of reasons animals respond to calls and hunger is only one of them.
Back when I started calling the calls were called 'game calls'.

We called it Fox Calling back then as there were no coyotes/bobcats to speak of.

Lots of deer came into the sound back then, cows too.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Back when I started calling the calls were called 'game calls'.

We called it Fox Calling back then as there were no coyotes/bobcats to speak of.

Lots of deer came into the sound back then, cows too.

Yeah, deer, antelope, and cows (all of the female persuasion) come in to distress sounds... To stomp the predator. grin

Don't mess with Mama! laugh
Pretty cool! It didn’t sound all that much like a deer bleat to me but it sounded an aweful lot like a rabbit in distress call.
I’ve called numerous deer, mule and white tail to rabbit distress calls.
I’ve used rabbit distress calls during the rut to bring in does. On multiple occasions a buck was trailing the hot doe. It also works great for mid day over looking a basin/canyon and deer are bedded. They always seem to pop right up and check out what that sound is.
I had a Whitetail doe come running as fast as she could, full speed to within 30 ft of me after a few short squeals on a deer call. She stopped on a dime and looked at me then walked away, that got the heart pumping LOL
© 24hourcampfire