Home
Posted By: kaywoodie Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
Found this pic. Thought you might like it!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
How do you carry a pistol in overalls, I stopped wearing mine because I haven't figured out a practical we to carry with them.
Posted By: hanco Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
Cool. I do like it! Thank you
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
Originally Posted by stxhunter
How do you carry a pistol in overalls, I stopped wearing mine because I haven't figured out a practical we to carry with them.

Roger I just sticks em in the pocket. Gonna try old Colt police positive in 32/20 next!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
A dandy!
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
My precious baby...

Now I'm gonna eat you!
That was one of the best pisschunks I ever ate. Even shared it with the grandkids.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
Wish we had a long enough summer to get some good melons (of the garden variety, you pervs)

Next season I think I'll try to get some going in gallon or bigger pots a month or so before last frost in mid-June, maybe I can get enough hot days to produce a couple of good ones.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
The rabbits got all our melons this yr.
Posted By: JLimbo Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Wish we had a long enough summer to get some good melons (of the garden variety, you pervs)

Next season I think I'll try to get some going in gallon or bigger pots a month or so before last frost in mid-June, maybe I can get enough hot days to produce a couple of good ones.

Yep Geno, location location location. Years ago whilst living on the in-laws ranch near Red Bluff in the 90's. My daughter and her cousin now nearly 33 and 35 respectively went on a watermelon binge.

They were eating and spittin seeds every where. Next year we had watermelons every where. In the yard, in the planters by the inground pool even around the bases of huge trees.

Fortunaty he had a full time landscape/garden lady Anita that kept care of all the melons and were properly consumed.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
J,

gotta have a good long period of heat to get good melons. We're still in the 90s during the day, but already cooling down good at night. 47 this morning. And a week or so back it was 37 on the back porch and ice in the hose in the low spot of the yard.

Hard to grow melons when last frost was June 20 and by Aug 20 it's already getting down near freezing some nights.

Red Bluff is a good place for growing melons and warm season stuff. Good long summers for that there. Not the place for me though, being on that I5 corridor.
Posted By: 16penny Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
Posted By: saddlering Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
25 Colt will fit in the top pocket, chest, of those. I knew a couple of old timers as a kid that carriered them there, nice striped melon !
Originally Posted by saddlering
25 Colt will fit in the top pocket, chest, of those. I knew a couple of old timers as a kid that carriered them there, nice striped melon !

I bet one of them little Beretta 22LR autos would do the same! If you could find one. What did they call them? The Minx? Load it up with some stingers or velocitors. Granted it would feed em!
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

I bet one of them little Beretta 22LR autos would do the same! If you could find one. What did they call them? The Minx? Load it up with some stingers or velocitors. Granted it would feed em!

Be like Mr. Barons on the coon hunt with ol’ John Newbanks! "Knock em out John!!!!"
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22

Wasn't the Minx their .22 Short model?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Wasn't the Minx their .22 Short model?

I believe you are correct Barry. It’s all I can do remembering the old stuff.
I believe you are correct Barry. It’s all I can do remembering the old stuff.

LOL!

Yeah, I wouldn't have known, but I had a Minx as a pocket gun in the 80's... smile
Yeah. I thought they made one in 22 LR as well. Hell if they didn’t they should have.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
guess, I'll look into a pee shooter.
Yeah. I thought they made one in 22 LR as well. Hell if they didn’t they should have.

Yeah they did. The Minx was the 22 short version.

The 950 was 25 auto, the M21 was .22lr.

I had been given the .25, but hated it (because it was a .25 auto)

Wanted to trade it off for a .22lr, but traded even for the Minx.

Figured a .22 short had a .25 auto beat hands down... smile
I had a Erma 25 auto copy of an Ortgies 25. That was one of the best shootin’ little pistolas I ever had.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
guess, I'll look into a pee shooter.

Pee shooter... laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Hey hanco!!! - 08/26/22
Originally Posted by High_Noon
The rabbits got all our melons this yr.

About where are you located? In West Tex they and the blue quail died out with the drought and cold 2 years ago.
© 24hourcampfire