Home
Posted By: K22 Really?!!! - 08/28/22
Anyone know anything about this?

Posted By: Jcubed Re: Really?!!! - 08/28/22
Ask Q!

Lol jk. Seems there was a fire a couple days ago at the refinery.

Ymmv
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Really?!!! - 08/28/22
https://abc7chicago.com/fire-at-bp-refinery-whiting-indiana-shutdown-in-news/12174859/

Small electrical fire.... no one hurt..... has caused some concern about shortages
Posted By: BeardedGunsmith Re: Really?!!! - 08/28/22
I got to thinking the other day as to what I could do in a worse case scenario where I would need my generator but gas supplies are gone or unavailable for whatever reason. I started out as a machinist before I became a gunsmith and I've always been good at fabrication but I don't have the convenience of being able to use a river or windmill to turn a shaft to cobble up something that'll turn my generator but I do have the ability to make a steam engine, have plenty of wood to burn and available water. It sounds far fetched but it's actually a reasonable solution to me. Gas engines can also be run via wood gas. Theres a guy on youtube that powers his machineshop with a steam engine and boiler and I'm talking about some seriously large machines.
Posted By: K22 Re: Really?!!! - 08/29/22
Doesn't sound like anything to get to concerned about.
Posted By: akrange Re: Really?!!! - 08/29/22
The Refineries are switching over to Winter Products..

That is more of a concern ..
There will be Shortages..

Meanwhile Dr. Jill is Yank’n our President around like he’s a Ragg Doll right in front of the Camera’s..

Mine those Matches..

Roll Roll Roll
© 24hourcampfire