Home
Posted By: Snowwolfe FFL question - 08/29/22
One option I have is for my local dealer to mail a handgun via USPS to a gunsmith for a trigger job. Smith told me the handgun has to be returned to the dealer who mailed it to them.
Is my dealer required to do another “transfer” or can they just hand me my handgun and call it good?
Posted By: sactoller Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
If your FFL entered it into his book (which he is supposed to) then yes.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
Your dealer can just hand it to you.

His bound book will show that he received it from you, sent to to the smith, received it back from the smith, then gave it back to you.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
One option I have is for my local dealer to mail a handgun via USPS to a gunsmith for a trigger job. Smith told me the handgun has to be returned to the dealer who mailed it to them.
Is my dealer required to do another “transfer” or can they just hand me my handgun and call it good?

You do not need to go through an FFL to send your gun to a gunsmith
Posted By: gunswizard Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
The dealer must make another entry (acquisition/disposition) in his bound book which is required by BATF he cannot simply "hand the gun back to you". Depending on the dealer he may or may not charge you for the second transfer.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
Originally Posted by jwp475

You do if you wish to use USPS, which is what he wishes to do.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: FFL question - 08/29/22

I didn’t ask that question.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
Originally Posted by steve4102

Don’t know about UPS yet, but Fed Ex will only take firearms from an FFL.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/how-to-ship-firearms.html

Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx.
Posted By: Buck720 Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
You can not mail a hand gun for any reason usps!
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
Originally Posted by Buck720

Your full of sh*t. FFL dealers can mail them via USPS.
Besides, I didn’t ask that question.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
I have sent handguns directly to Ahlman's and they sent them directly back without any FFL involvement.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
Originally Posted by Buck720
FFL can
Posted By: OlderGuy54 Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by steve4102

Don’t know about UPS yet, but Fed Ex will only take firearms from an FFL.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/how-to-ship-firearms.html

Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx.

Show me the law, thanks.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
Ignorant azz can’t read can you. Doesn’t have to be fuggin law. Company rule just like the jab.

Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. Also, you must be an approved firearm shipper with a signed contract on file with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive.
Posted By: BeardedGunsmith Re: FFL question - 08/29/22
Just as a heads up to anyone else: an ffl can only use usps to ship firearms to other licensees. We can't use usps to ship back to a customer.
© 24hourcampfire