Home
Posted By: hanco Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
What is the plan for the holiday weekend? We have beach house rented in Surfside for the weekend and next week. I’m retarded ( retired) now, so I have no excuse not to go anymore. Some of the grandkids are going, so I’ll be herding the 5 and 2 year old around. I’ll probably drink a little Jack later in week when little ones leave.

Dove season opening is today, expect some have that planned!

I really enjoy hearing what you all are up to!!
Posted By: deflave Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
I’m gonna get schit faced.
Fugk you Hanco!
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Doves (my first time) Saturday, rest of the weekend whatever my wife wants to do.
Posted By: Stix Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Too hot to do anything. Could hit 110 or more. Gonna be a waste of a weekend I’m afraid.
Tru oil Henry stock, watch TV, aggravate wife
Wax the truck and shoot sporting clays on Sunday.
Originally Posted by deflave

Same, but on a boat. With my family... which is compromised of like-minded [bleep]. Except the niece and nephew, both 1.5 years old. They have yet to be corrupted.

Headed down to Iowa City Saturday mid-day. Dog sit for the parents' dog overnight. Boat Sunday and Monday on Coralville Lake. Then I have the entire week off work because I rock. So once I clock out tomorrow, nine days of glory.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
I was planning to go bow hunt elk. Then, I saw that the temperatures were going to hover around 100 degrees all weekend. Now, I might just go bow hunt elk and just have to wear tennis shoes to get one off of the mountain faster. The alternative is to stay home and face a list of "honey dos".
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Deb & I rented a rustic cabin, on a lake 2 hours away.

It'll be just us & the 2 dogs.

Take some good chow, beverages & a couple of books.

We both need to relax & unwind !
Posted By: 160user Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Mow the lawn, brush hog trails, work on deer stand and enjoy a little day drinking.
Posted By: prplbkrr Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Neighborhood garage crawl Sat afternoon, then to a Led Zepplin cover band Sat night. We should be primed for the show. Sunday will be painful.
Posted By: arky65 Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Hanging on the gravel bar all weekend with friends and family, laughin at the tube terrorist, drinkin a few either Mikearitas or Stella or both.

Fish fry on the gravel bar Friday night, smoked meat Saturday, Sunday grillin hot dogs and hamburger.

Monday everyone will go home, and we will have the place to our self's again.

This will be the last hurrah for terrorist on the river till next Memorial Day, so the fishin will improve a 1000%.

Our Surfside/Austin contingent will not be coming up, SIL has a new grand baby coming down from Austin.

Ya'll have a nice weekend over there, hanco.
Posted By: Macmat Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Sun bathing naked in the 115 degree heat…ha not really hopefully go to the range to test some 270win loads I’m working on after that change break rotors and pads on my wife’s car. Then herd my three little ones around the house
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Trout fishing N or S where its not raining or building an ARK 44 days of rain every day now!
Originally Posted by arky65
Hanging on the gravel bar all weekend with friends and family, laughin at the tube terrorist, drinkin a few either Mikearitas or Stella or both.

I make Markaritas. And 2 will get your average drinker blackout drunk. I'd tell you to ask my dad and sister, but they don't remember that afternoon on the boat. It's like 8 ice cubes in a 30oz tumbler and a 1:1 ratio of tequila and mix.
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Selling my landscape photography at Art in the Park here in Flagstaff.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Driving down to Fort Benning for my son’s turning green ceremony. It’s been a long 10+ weeks.
Posted By: Geno67 Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Is that this weekend?
Posted By: BLG Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Friday night lights. Youngest is a senior this year. Offensive guard. Supposed to cool down to 90 at kick off.

Wouldn’t trade it for anything.

College football Saturday. LSU football Sunday. Monday do nothing if at all possible.

Clyde
Posted By: fester Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Going to the coast. Temp should be in the 60s as opposed to 110 in the valley. Fort Bragg has Paul Bunyan days going on. Mendocino. Will do some fishing. SF giants game……. Should be a good weekend.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Chores and haul round bales on Saturday.

Chores, Church and 4-H sponsored trail ride and cook out on Sunday with my Lady.

Monday - chores and a day on the water with my Lady on our friends pontoon boat.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Just gives me an extra day to work at the property.
Set some game cameras, hang drywall, and drink beer.
Going to a trap shoot in Delta, CO Lots of added money. 3 day shoot. Hope to crush a bunch of clay pigeons.
Elk hunt.

And get chit faced.
Posted By: arky65 Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
I make Markaritas. And 2 will get your average drinker blackout drunk. I'd tell you to ask my dad and sister, but they don't remember that afternoon on the boat. It's like 8 ice cubes in a 30oz tumbler and a 1:1 ratio of tequila and mix.

Mikearita 1 tequila 1 mix 1 GranGala salted rim for the first one cause after the first one WGF about the salt, and of course over ice.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
"Labor." laugh
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"Labor." laugh

Same here.

Not many days off around this place.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Move some stands wash the house and take the canoe out
Posted By: JayB93 Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Friday night watch my son's water polo game - hit the road immediately after to pick up travel trailer and haul it to our hunting lease.
Arrive in time for a night cap then hit the rack.

Saturday - hopefully fix leaking radiator on tractor. Mow some lanes for our new shooting range (500yards). Let the boy shoot. Work on busted blinds hit by tornadic winds - straight blew our chit up and then down! Finish fixing up 12 feet tripod for deployment.

Sunday - Mow the main trails around the lease, set up two new blinds, feeders and game cams. Girls (wife and daughter arrive), let them shoot some pistols and daughter drive utv.

Monday - Anything that didn't get done til noon, head home, stop and eat at favorite chow joint on the way

Gonna be busy and fun. Swilling beer is involved strategically throughout
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Originally Posted by deflave

what else is new ?

PS

couldn't resist
Hanco: Just got home late last night from a 10 day venture to Yakutat, Alaska and 7 days of river and ocean fishing!
EVERYTHING in Alaska was exorbitantly and incredibly over-priced and bizarrely expensive - so I will be laying low a bit this weekend.
Especially on the spending side.
Plan on taking in the Labor Day rodeo here in Dillon, Montana along with the fair, carnival, concert and 4-H & F.F.A. competitions.
Drive careful everyone.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
The west...in general under this big fuggin 'heat dome'

Go away S O O N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

94* right now

Picked up my new SA XD-M compact 9 w/Dragon Fly

Going sight in and run 100 rds out B4 it gets too fuggin hawt Friday morning

Ordered the 19 rd mags with grip extension

Eat UR heart out CA...NY...IL

[Linked Image from files.springfield-armory.com]
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hanco: Just got home late last night from a 10 day venture to Yakutat, Alaska and 7 days of river and ocean fishing!
EVERYTHING in Alaska was exorbitantly and incredibly over-priced and bizarrely expensive - so I will be laying low a bit this weekend.
Especially on the spending side.
Plan on taking in the Labor Day rodeo here in Dillon, Montana along with the fair, carnival, concert and 4-H & F.F.A. competitions.
Drive careful everyone.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

DANG! I've always heard Alaska is known for reasonable prices and easy logistics. When did they start that sh.it?!
Go out on the river and throw empty cans at people I deem stupid.
Dove hunt Saturday am
App State UNC football game Saturday afternoon
Church on Sunday
Smoke some pig on Monday
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Dove hunt Saturday am
App State UNC football game Saturday afternoon
Church on Sunday
Smoke some pig on Monday

Dove are headed to Alaska here

too damm hot in the west
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Labor Day weekend plans? - 09/01/22
Headed to the cabin. Keeping this 50 year tradition going.
© 24hourcampfire