Home
Daughter last week pops my drawer handle broke just got around to it this evening screws to long needed washers none to be found [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] Paul Harvey needed to add on the 9th day they made locksmiths #8 was farmers
Without duct tape and baler twine or wire, I wouldn’t be able to build or fix much
They don’t teach such graduated efforts in school I think it’s gifted I have several master pieces still standing for now
You gotta do what you gotta do!!
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Without duct tape and baler twine or wire, I wouldn’t be able to build or fix much
Last night it was red duct tape and some kind of gutter sealer.

Issue with a seal on powder paint reclaim box at work about 5 minutes before clock out.
[Linked Image from pics.me.me]
Before the Europeans invaded African nations the native people had not built a multi story building or a boat other than a canoe,
Originally Posted by brush_buster
Before the Europeans invaded African nations the native people had not built a multi story building or a boat other than a canoe,

Haven’t invented the wheel either
I’ve been known to think, “I’ve got something that’ll work on that”.
I'm aware of this in relation to Sub-Saharan Africans. I'm not certain if they had the wheel either in most of those nations. Also they may have had cattle but Africans in that latitude didn't master beast of burden concepts well either. Perhaps only the the ancient Ethiopians and Nubians had any level of technology by proxy of their locations bordering Egypt.
Some of my best work! 😁 memtb
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Daughter last week pops my drawer handle broke just got around to it this evening screws to long needed washers none to be found [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] Paul Harvey needed to add on the 9th day they made locksmiths #8 was farmers

So now you've gotta unscrew the drawer handle every time you want to unlock the door??
Gorrila Glue, JB weld, Duct Tape, and Bailing wire are essentials around my farm...
Posted By: bcp Re: Fess up how many Afro engineer - 09/02/22
Things are falling apart everywhere due to a shortage of baling wire. I haven't seen a wire-tied bale in decades.

Bruce
Was an industrial maintenance tech for a total of 22 years. A broke fugger at home for many of those.

It would take less time to list the things I haven't NR'd.
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
I'm aware of this in relation to Sub-Saharan Africans. I'm not certain if they had the wheel either in most of those nations. Also they may have had cattle but Africans in that latitude didn't master beast of burden concepts well either. Perhaps only the the ancient Ethiopians and Nubians had any level of technology by proxy of their locations bordering Egypt.

Fuggers still don’t have wheels over there. Give ‘em an old tire and they’ll throw it around some enemie’s neck, fill it with gas, and roast the poor guy alive.
Originally Posted by hanco

You mean Wakanda and ancient African civilizations according to Henry Louis Gates is a lie or at least wishful thinking???
If you raced mopars back in the day you learned how to fabricate chit, lol.
I bought a new box of that heavy wound nylon cordage about 1/8” or so. It has over a MILE of line in it. There’s a lot of stuff you can do w it!! Talk about some serious heavy plant hangers…bout a double wrap hanger and I think it would hold me. It was a great find.
I call it improvising, makes me sound more intelligent. Ain't everybody gotta know I'm a dumb hillbilly
Zip ties
I patched a vacuum line on my truck yesterday with heat shrink tubing.................

does that count?
Daughters accuse me of it.

Farming, logging, long haul trucking.
Much of my early life when a problem arose, what you had or could find was all you were gonna have to fix it. You get creative.
Hay string is bad as-.
Coat hangers and exhaust.
Cold chiesel for cutting sheet metal
Leaves a rough cut , but I got that Fenton floor shift in that 63 Plymouth .
Ole man bout shiiit when he woke up and saw that gash .
But that’s what ya get when you pass out and leave a 14 year old with the installation task .
Kenneth
I prefer the phrase Jerry Rigging today, makes me sound all woke to the dumbass up the road that can't seem to fix anything and corrects me with, "well on YouTube they said"

I always thought this was quite telling, and unfortunately it's 100% accurate.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Is that the new lib speak for Ngr Rigged?
Presidential engineering around here,FJB,Obummer too,awe hell just throw in the rest of the rats also,never met one yet that had any sense,just excuses.
Afro`s do know how to make fires in cities ,how to fill out forms to get welfare checks , sue for a crime each thug has committed and get a big money settlement , they don`t have to be an engineer to make a living ,they have us figured out we are the idiots.
I've noticed negros and Mexicans make some of the best car repair videos on YouTube. Straight to the point and not 30 minutes of blabbering
I have been known to make things work with what i have on hand.

It usually works till i get the right part or pieces to make it stick.

Learned it at an early age back when money was scarce.
I've made a decent living in machine / equipment repair for the last 30 years.
Funny how long some of the stuff that you tell someone is "just temporary" lasts, lol.

Neighbors know who to find when the get sideways, lol.
Originally Posted by hanco

Still haven’t discovered deodorant
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
Gorrila Glue, JB weld, Duct Tape, and Bailing wire are essentials around my farm...
Baling wire? Do they still make that? I haven't seen a wire tied bale in 40 years. I've used miles of it for odd jobs, though. A lot ended up as electric fence repairs.
Tared nylon seine twine can fix a lot of things. I keep a roll everywhere I might need it. And You can still buy bailing wire.
My late father-in-law had......and my wife's uncle has............a doctorate degree in AE.

Either one of them made McGyver look like a retard.
they have told me for year that i can make chicken salad out of chicken chit. i get calls all the time to fix stuff.
© 24hourcampfire