Home
Africa Facts Zone
@AfricaFactsZone
Bridge collapses while being commissioned in DR Congo.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1566905261805248513
Afro engineering
Last ones out of the tree.
That was a load-bearing ribbon.
Them engineerings is always over engineering everything. No need to pay a pro, I got this boss.
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

Post-tensioning strand
Somehow, White folks are to blame.
Democrats must’ve designed it.
This is what "Affirmative Action" gets you; a fake bridge.
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Post-tensioning strand

And the only thing holding the bridge up.
Maybe next time they will cut the right ribbon
Are the fish OK?
LOL tweeted on there.
Ol' girl almost stuck dude with those scissors. laugh laugh
That's hilarious
https://nitter.net/i/status/1566905261805248513

this is a clean link
Bridge over the River Kwanzaa
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Bridge over the River Kwanzaa
LOL
Who taught these individuals about ribbon cutting ceremonies without first giving them a lesson about producing something worth a ribbon..? Almost as bad as that divershitty, 100 % female "engineering" team that built the bridge @FIU that killed half a dozen.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Afro engineering
I was thinking the same dumb bastids sounded like they was cheering
I noticed the "man" stuck his arm out to impede the woman's egress off whatever that "structure" was, rather than make sure she made good her departure. What a gallant fellow.
They are dumb, always have been, always will be!
Holy schidt. It was made of PVC pipe and old roof metal.

I gotta give 'em credit, though, for making it last that long!
The most serendipitous thing I've seen in a coons age.
What is it a bridge over? Crocodile infested water?
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Probably a schitt ditch
Chinese steel , Indian engineering , and Congolese workmanship…what could possibly go wrong ?
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Probably a schitt ditch

It's a Jenkem collection canal.
Now that is some funny shiiit right there....How can you f up a walk bridge...Oh wait, where was it...makes sense now.

Need a new ribbon to block it off now.
Originally Posted by Esox357
Need a new ribbon to block it off now.

No cshit, Bunch of damn fools
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Lol, well........The White gal cutting the ribbon was the biggest one there......
What Congo Wrong?
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Lol, well........The White gal cutting the ribbon was the biggest one there......

Umm.... definitely not White...
Diversity is our strength.
Sad part is, probably $10 million of our tax payer dollars built that...
Afro engineering

LMAO.
Tampered with, by the White community on the other side?

smile

Broad looked pretty shook up.

Wonder if she'll ever get over it?
China Belt and Road?

GreggH

That women wasn't white, just bleached blonde.

After further review, apparently so. Now THAT took some engineering.
I'd like to see it from a different angle. Mainly, how many were on it. It looked like a foot bridge, not designed to carry a semi.
Build back better!!!!!
Originally Posted by Stophel

Umm.... definitely not White...
Thoroughbred ch!mp...
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Well the concept of the wheel was pretty much eluding them for 1000,s of years.

Now trying simple bridges in 2022...
I bet those blacks were rolling on the ground with laughter. They like nothing better than watching a goos fall. Ha Ha
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by renegade50
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Well the concept of the wheel was pretty much eluding them for 1000,s of years.

Now trying simple bridges in 2022...

Yep
Boi, thet right there can get your ass put on restriction. Ask eyeball, Hanco. wink
Posted that many times before, just black peoples dancing
Afro engineering
From GA Tech
They're gonna rename it "London Bridge".
Well maybe if they are doing any thinking at all them jambonies will cut the ribbon next time from the abutment side.lol that was genuine kneeger rigged...lol ..mb
That is the new ad for brainless Biden's build back better
Pretty consistent.
Diversity hires.
Sure was!!!
More video:

https://twitter.com/tsek_official/status/1567024786810847232

Bruce
Originally Posted by hanco
Powerful read. The meme of Rome 4000 years ago side by side with a representation of Africa today.
Amazing.
Then again, You have to consider our own continent of Native Americans were similarly backward.
NASA is pushing hard to get a more diverse workforce, seems to me like there is a helluva talent pool in the Democratic Republic of Congo that would be a good fit for the NASA mission goals.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Africa Facts Zone
@AfricaFactsZone

I like your signature lines
Originally Posted by deflave
Are the fish OK?

That was awesome. Thanks for the chuckles.
Originally Posted by bcp

Holy crap, part of it was made out of an old truck frame.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
NASA is pushing hard to get a more diverse workforce, seems to me like there is a helluva talent pool in the Democratic Republic of Congo that would be a good fit for the NASA mission goals.
During NASA's 1st decade, they tried hard to get a diverse workforce. They even sent talent scouts around the country to visit universities to find good qualified black candidates. They found very few. The problem was simply that the blacks didn't take the hard advanced courses, math, physics, engineering, etc.
Originally Posted by bcp

Holy crap, part of it was made out of an old truck frame.

Like the man said, Afro Engineering!
Originally Posted by Fubarski
They're gonna rename it "London Bridge".

Oh yeah…there used to be an nursery rhyme along those same lines 😮
Do all these comments include the Florida bridge collapse before opening in 2018 that killed 6 people, and was designed by a Florida company?

Link: Bridge

Link: Company

Phil
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Do all these comments include the Florida bridge collapse before opening in 2018 that killed 6 people, and was designed by a Florida company?

Phil

Party pooper.

Phil
You rather live in Florida or the DRC bitchtits?
No, just pointing out that [bleep] happens, even here.... funniest one I can remember is the $240 million dollar NOAA N-Prime satellite that was dumped on the floor back in 2003, due to no one checking to make sure that it was bolted to the cradle during repositioning.

Link: On the floor

Yesterday was the anniversary of that little mishap.

Phil
No, just pointing out that [bleep] happens, even here.... funniest one I can remember is the $240 million dollar NOAA N-Prime satellite that was dumped on the floor back in 2003, due to no one checking to make sure that it was bolted to the cradle during repositioning.

Phil

Big fug up
Schmidt happens!

Back in engineering school, we were told a 'true' story of a village in South America that had a problem. They were a thriving farming community but were limited in getting their produce to market. The only route was via a rickety wooden bridge over a deep gorge that would only support one man and a loaded donkey cart. The local powers to be figured they could afford a single lane replacement bridge that would carry a loaded truck, so they got an engineer with the local Peace Corp group to design it for them. He figured a 10,000 lb design loading would suit their needs and worked up a design using local materials.

When it was finished, they had a big ribbon cutting that included the first loaded truck crossing it to go to market. As the truck started across, the bridge shook so badly that the driver quickly reversed and got off the thing. The engineer was called in. He checked his calculations and realized that he'd dropped a decimal point. Instead of 10,000 lbs, the load capacity of the bridge was 1000 lbs. So, the village had a nice new bridge that had eaten up all their available funds.....and that would only carry one man and a loaded donkey cart safely.

The object of the story was that paying attention to the little stuff, like decimal places, was VERY important. I preferred to think of it in terms of the old saying; doctors bury their mistakes, lawyers put theirs in jail, and engineers build monuments to theirs!
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Africa Facts Zone
@AfricaFactsZone

I like your signature lines

It turns out that making mistakes is how we learn.

Phil
That's why I'm always a little trepidatious about taking my mint condition, pre-64, Winchester Super Grade out of the safe, and never shoot it. Put a scratch on it, and its value instantly drops several hundred dollars.
What if it was designed to fail during the ribbon cutting? Then the builder would be clever. I find it interesting that the collapse occurred at the very moment the fat lady tried to cut the ribbon.

Just a little coincidental, right?
© 24hourcampfire