Home
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Mid Missouri Dove Hunt - 09/07/22
We have been having an annual hunt for many years now. This typically is either Sunday or Monday during the Labor Day Weekend. This year it was scheduled for Monday. The morning hunt is for youths, but many of our youths have grown and either in High School or college. We had 18 hunters for the morning hunt.

The morning was overcast with a light mist and fog.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Hunt cut short around 9:00 due to increasing rain, but the birds were flying early and were plentiful.

Waiting out the rain.

Sun came out in the afternoon and the birds came back. We had 14 hunters for the evening hunt. This was my 14 yr old nephew and his first time dove hunting.

We ended the day just of 10 birds per hunter. Sunflower fields were the biggest draw.
Posted By: skeen Re: Mid Missouri Dove Hunt - 09/07/22
Looks like everybody had a great time!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Mid Missouri Dove Hunt - 09/07/22
Cool
Posted By: Bull64 Re: Mid Missouri Dove Hunt - 09/07/22
Good stuff right thereā€¦
Posted By: poboy Re: Mid Missouri Dove Hunt - 09/07/22
Mighty Fine Crappie Killer!!
Good times. I long for cooler weather and the ability to sit outside without having my shirt wringing wet.

Looks like an old duck camp we had years ago.
Well, we don't have doves in Alaska but I grew up in Idaho and shot a schit load of them. Loved my mom's dove with gravy dish.
Posted By: mibowhunter Re: Mid Missouri Dove Hunt - 09/07/22
Very cool !
Thanks for sharing !
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Mid Missouri Dove Hunt - 09/07/22
Cool story!
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Mid Missouri Dove Hunt - 09/07/22
GREAT STUFF!

Thanks for posting!
Posted By: Razorhog Re: Mid Missouri Dove Hunt - 09/07/22
Looks like maybe your nephew was shooting a 16 ga? Purple hulls bring back lots of memories. Great pics! Thanks
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Mid Missouri Dove Hunt - 09/07/22
Looks like a good time. I love hunting over sunflowers. Conservation area over here hasn't had much of a stand the last few years, extreme drought will do that though. Had to hunt 200 yards from a burned off wheat field, and shot a limit opening morning. Gap in the trees was the flight path to the field.
© 24hourcampfire